• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The side content (aside from the creature tracking one and the murders, until the end) all consist of what are essentially challenge maps/AR challenges, just contextualized with flavor dialogue within the main game.

And it's all optional

Yea I never really did any of the challenge map stuff. It kinda suck that they have the AR challenge stuff, and the Most Wanted ends up being just more challenge map stuff. I will most likely just do the main story and move on.

Scarphace

You sure they're the same, mind posting a screenshot just to be sure?

Maybe it's a certain overall percentage then...

EFB33039-C334-4981-8E56-5834DDC870642D02739C-72F5-4B9E-9DFB-A39765D51DFA_zps2lccoyrn.jpg

Sorry for the off screen shot for some reason my ps4 didn't want to upload. I am sitting at 83.2% overall

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
I had a moment where that happened. I slowed down and took a different street, and it just so happened that the direction the APC was going in was parallel to the one I was heading in, and I boot rammed it in the side.

I wish the PS4 Share feature was working. It was so Batman.

My point being is that you can get some distance from and APC and it might end up driving into you.

Thanks for the head up, I'm found the 4th APC mission and instead of following the arrow I use different routes and its a little easier. Damn, I'm doing like million of dollars in properties damages. LOL.

Scarphace

Does that say "apprehend 12 of gotham's most wanted to activate"? I can't remember...

Maybe it's a glitch on PC, the game is a mess after all.

No it says apprehend 2 so that would make 11 overall. Do those other side missions except the riddler one even have a boss that you arrest?

Zakalwe

Banned
No it says apprehend 2 so that would make 11 overall. Do those other side missions except the riddler one even have a boss that you arrest?

Not a major villain that I'm aware of, no.

I have 7 characters in the lock up:

Firefly
Two Face
Penguin
Man Bat
Deacon
Pyg
Stagg

Azrael
chose the good option.

Ivy
is dead.
Scarcrow, Hush, Harley
have been apprehended.

Deathstroke, Knight, and Riddler
are still at large.

Ephemeris

Firefly
Two Face
Penguin
Man Bat
Deacon
Pyg
Stagg

Azrael
chose the good option.

Ivy
is dead.
Scarcrow, Hush, Harley
have been apprehended.

are still at large.

I'm in the same boat.

Firefly
Two Face
Penguin
Man Bat
Deacon
Pyg
Stagg

Azrael
chose the good option.

Ivy
is dead.
Scarcrow, Hush, Harley
have been apprehended.

are still at large.
Speaking to one of the villains you mentioned, can you visit
---Hush---
anywhere after apprehending him?

Scarphace

Firefly
Two Face
Penguin
Man Bat
Deacon
Pyg
Stagg

Azrael
chose the good option.

Ivy
is dead.
Scarcrow, Hush, Harley
have been apprehended.

are still at large.

I have the exact same people/choices. Its just crazy how we have everything 100% similar but I can't activate it

Zakalwe

Banned

Scratch that,
Deathtroke
at some point right? He might be at the end of the militia missions. I didn't need him for the first ending though...

I have the exact same people/choices. Its just crazy how we have everything 100% similar but I can't activate it

I'm not sure which two villains it's refering to on your screen...

You only have
Deathstroke, Arkham Knight, and Riddler
to go... and I'm not sure you can apprehend the
Arkham Knight
, and you definitely don't need
Riddler
for the first
KF
ending.

Maybe one of us has a bug?

Scratch that,
Deathtroke
at some point right? He might be at the end of the militia missions. I didn't need him for the first ending though...

I'm not sure which two villains it's refering to on your screen...

You only have
Deathstroke, Arkham Knight, and Riddler
to go... and I'm not sure you can apprehend the
Arkham Knight
, and you definitely don't need
Riddler
for the first
KF
ending.

Maybe one of us has a bug?

You're lacking the fireman captain on the list.

Setsuna

Paid DLC and I bet they'll be in the same AR format as the four garbage maps we have now.

Upgrade everything and there's nothing substantial to use it on. Challenge mode from the previous games needs to return.

I actually enjoy all the batmobile challenges, but I still feel ripped off.

Theres really no difference

Zakalwe

Banned
How many endings are there?

It says I need to complete
operation knightfall to get another ending?

There's the "ending" that
transitions you to the post story open world, after you defeat Scarecrow.

Then there's the
teaser for KF after apprehending a certain amount of most wanted villains (see the last couple of pages, we're not sure about the exact number).

Lastly there's
the final, full ending when you 100% the game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How hard/easy is it to get enough upgrade points to unlock everything? Is it precisely balanced so that you get just enough to unlock everything by doing all the AR challenges, or can you always get more? The reason I'm asking is that I'm pretty sure I hit some bug where I lost a bunch of suit upgrades, possibly when getting the new suit (unless that's supposed to happen). And if so, I guess I'm simply fucked unless I start over again (I already had to do so once because I hit a game-breaking glitch)?

Korosenai

My AR Turotials dissapeared from my map.... I was going to use the predator tutorial for the blunt trauma achievement as well. What the heck.

erawsd

How hard/easy is it to get enough upgrade points to unlock everything? Is it precisely balanced so that you get just enough to unlock everything by doing all the AR challenges, or can you always get more? The reason I'm asking is that I'm pretty sure I hit some bug where I lost a bunch of suit upgrades, possibly when getting the new suit (unless that's supposed to happen). And if so, I guess I'm simply fucked unless I start over again (I already had to do so once because I hit a game-breaking glitch)?

You dont get enough points to buy everything in a single playthrough.

erawsd

What all upgrades do you absolutely need for Riddler trophies?

They should've made knocking out goons post-game a way to farm XP, even if it's really minimal.

I think the only one that is needed is the Mine Disruptor. At least, thats the only one I had to go out of my way to buy.

Marc

Welp, after fully giving it a chance and finishing the game I can safely say that was one of the worst gaming experiences I have had for 5 or so years. Mostly because I stupidly carried on with the hope things would change for the better. I cheered when the bat
mobile blows up
, but wait there's more... NOOOO!!!

I'll give it a 4/10 for
Mark Hamill
and the graphics, everything else was shite. So many cop outs, nonsensical decisions, gameplay buffoonery and all around poor game design. Even
Mark Hamill
, shouldn't be there and just completely undermines the other villains who have never got the spotlight in this series. I think I had like 10 minutes of fun out of several hours of gameplay.

For reference I would give Asylum a 9.2, City a 9.1 and Origins a 9.4 (best story by a mile).

A few random thoughts:

- Oh Oracle got captured?
- Oh, Jim got captured?
- Oh, Robin got captured?
- Oh, Batman got captured?
- Oh, Lucious got captured? (how fucking lame was that btw after the build up in city)
- Basically only Alfred got away with it, would have been awesome to go back to the Batcave like Origins. But no, all effort spent on more Batmobile content is the better option.
- Fuck the batmobile and every forced usage of it, worst gaming mechanic I have experienced. I really don't say that lightly either, I tried thinking about it during the shitty load times after having to fight 50 billion tanks for the 4th time in a row. I couldn't remember anything else being quite so obnoxious, maybe Ninja Gaiden camera's... but I got used to them eventually. Not this. Never this. I basically spent 80% of my upgrade points on the batmobile just to try and make things go quicker.
- Hey hey, its really a Joker story after all.
- Robin gets shot? Oh well, back to patrolling the city I guess. Get out of the building yourselves, bye!
- "Bruce", "Bruce", "Bruce"... yes thanks Oracle for saying my name in the middle of the sodding police station. May as well fucking reveal my identity to the world now anyway.
- Every twist was visible from a mile away and a cop out at every turn. I even spent a while with Oracles "corpse" with detective mode on to try and work out some kind of trick. Oh yeah, fear toxin makes sense as the get out except it doesn't. When has it ever worked like that specifically. And you what, just leave the body in a room to rot? Makes no damn sense, and Gordon doesn't even ask about her body? Just takes his word for it, doesn't ask for details or ANYTHING?! Really! No father would do that.
- Crap boss battles, if you call them that... non-existent really. Big miss since it broke up the traversing in previous games.
- Completed the Riddle missions, nope got to get all the trophies as well to face him. Well fuck that because there are so many stupid races (!! Makes no damn sense!) and annoying to get trophies where you have to wait at the end of the game to go back and get them with new gadgets. Nah.
- Lame threats basically amounted to Batmans allies being in danger, everything else was easy and straight forward to beat the bad guys. No real threat at all from the villains. I could go on and on, much shorter to describe the positives but spent enough time on this game I think.

Will trade it in this weekend, for reference again I very rarely do that. Watch Dogs, a few FIFA's, AC3 and maybe a couple of others I got as presents that I didn't really want.

antitrop

If you pay attention to the front on the APC there are arrows showing you which way it will be turning.

Not sure if you are on PS4, but you might want to check your controller. (I'm sure this isn't the case) but I actually found out while playing the game that my R2 button was slightly broken. When I would hold it all the way down the car would stay at half speed. I swapped it out with a different one and saw that the batmobile was going at it's proper speed.

Yes. I have two DualShocks 4s, and I noticed that the R2 button on one of them was fucked up, but only for driving the Batmobile in this game.

Anung

Un Rama
Arkham City had over 400 trophies, but I don't remember them being as tedious as this.

Maybe we're just burnt out.

This is actually the first time I've ever bothered with collecting them (because the true ending yadda yadda) I can only imagine how boring collecting 400 Riddler trophies is D: I'm about half way through the second island now.

malfcn

I'm about 60% through the story. I love driving the mobile around, but some of the forced tanks gets old. Mostly enjoyable though.

Drifting around corners is so good.

Alienous

Welp, after fully giving it a chance and finishing the game I can safely say that was one of the worst gaming experiences I have had for 5 or so years. Mostly because I stupidly carried on with the hope things would change for the better. I cheered when the bat
mobile blows up
, but wait there's more... NOOOO!!!

I'll give it a 4/10 for
Mark Hamill
and the graphics, everything else was shite. So many cop outs, nonsensical decisions, gameplay buffoonery and all around poor game design. Even
Mark Hamill
, shouldn't be there and just completely undermines the other villains who have never got the spotlight in this series. I think I had like 10 minutes of fun out of several hours of gameplay.

For reference I would give Asylum a 9.2, City a 9.1 and Origins a 9.4 (best story by a mile).

Will trade it in this weekend, for reference again I very rarely do that. Watch Dogs, a few FIFA's, AC3 and maybe a couple of others I got as presents that I didn't really want.

I think I agree with all of your points, but 4/10 seems harsh. For me it's a 7.5/10 in terms of the fun I had with it.

I just didn't fall in love with this game like the others. If City was Assassin's Creed 2 this is Assassin's Creed Revelations.

I was enamoured with it for the first two hours, then began the decline from perfection that got faster and faster until about 2 hours before the end of the game. There's a whole middle part of the game that I really only remember vaguely, whereas I haven't played Asylum or City in years and can mentally chart my progress through it.

It kept me entertained for about a dozen hours so I don't think too harshly of it, but I had the same reaction as you of wanting to trade it in as soon as I was done. Like I picked up my copy ready to go and trade it in and only stopped myself because I own the entire series and don't want to break it up.

I don't know what it is. I enjoyed it, I didn't love it.

bargeparty

Don't have time to search through the thread, maybe someone can answer this quickly.

I have a missing spot on the quest radial screen thing. Is that supposed to be there or am I missing something?

Top Bottom