• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Sojgat

Theres really no difference

Between the AR challenge mode and the challenge mode of the previous games?

Combat challenges
- not round based
- maps small and confined
- enemies just beam in like you're in the Matrix. I really hate the way it's presented, and it's more than just an aesthetic thing, it impacts the gameplay as well.

Two of them are just a cross between 1 to 100/endurance and some really shitty version of Joker's Carnival. Tower defence is most like a standard combat challenge, but it's only a single round instead of four.

And there's only four of the things. The previous games had twelve.

Dominator

Just got the real ending. That's was alright, the last scene left me kind of confused lol

Good game. Asylum is still my favorite and I only played through City once and I've forgotten most of it so I need to replay that before I can rate them all.

Iceternal

The side content (aside from the creature tracking one and the murders, until the end) all consist of what are essentially challenge maps/AR challenges, just contextualized with flavor dialogue within the main game.

And it's all optional

Except it's not when they lock the fucking ending behind the side missions.

You have to 100% the game (even the damn riddles) to get to the ENDING !

I have to force myself to play to see the ending ... WTF ? It fees like work...

And no the semi-complete ending is not enough. It's just a teaser.

GeeTeeCee

Pretty close to the end I think, only one spot left so I guess I'll see what happens. I'm like 70-something percent through the main story.

If it's the side mission I'm thinking of (top right of the mission wheel?) it doesn't trigger until very late into the story, maybe 80% or more.

Zakalwe

Banned
Except it's not when they lock the fucking ending behind the side missions.

You have to 100% the game (even the damn riddles) to get to the ENDING !

I have to force myself to play to see the ending ... WTF ? It fees like work...

And no the semi-complete ending is not enough. It's just a teaser.

It's a nice reward for people who finish the entire thing.

You can stop at any point and watch it on youtube.

Welp, got the "second" ending. Now I have to get all the Riddler trophies.

It could be worse, I've completed at 100% far worse collect-a-thon games. At least the Riddler trophies are marked on the map and fun to solve.

Now some PS trophies could be troublesome imho...

atomico

32 hours and 2 desktop crashes later, I'm almost at the end of the story. 100%'d all the side missions but only got the
Catwoman
part of the Riddler Challenge done. I'm missing half the collect-a-thon stuff and I don't intend on getting the rest.

I remember reading something about the "true" ending requiring you to 100% the game. Was that for real?

SJRB

Gold Member
Man this game is just so fucking BADASS. I've been playing every night since it released last week, can't get enough of it.

Surely it's not without flaw, but it just feels SO GOOD to drive around Gotham in the Batmobile, see a cop car get chased by two cars, chase them down, shoot them off the road, get out and beat the crap out of them while the police officer thanks me over the radio.

Or to hear the police chopper talk about a riot location, go there, hear some thugs talk shit about how they could easily beat me, swoop down and just beat 20 thugs senseless. "I've got a black belt in Krav Magra, I could easily take the Batman", uhu, tell that to the nurse when you're in the hospital the next 3 months.

I'M BATMAN.

Alienous

How exactly do I do a drop down takedown and an environment takedown during predator mode?

Drop-down:
Get above an enemy and look down on them. This can usually be done by hanging from railings, or standing at the edge of a platform and waiting for an enemy to pass under.

Environmental Takedown: Get an enemy close to an object that glows blue when looked at in detective vision. When they go blue press Square and X, or whatever buttons on your platform.

Marc

I think I agree with all of your points, but 4/10 seems harsh. For me it's a 7.5/10 in terms of the fun I had with it.

I just didn't fall in love with this game like the others. If City was Assassin's Creed 2 this is Assassin's Creed Revelations.

I was enamoured with it for the first two hours, then began the decline from perfection that got faster and faster until about 2 hours before the end of the game. There's a whole middle part of the game that I really only remember vaguely, whereas I haven't played Asylum or City in years and can mentally chart my progress through it.

It kept me entertained for about a dozen hours so I don't think too harshly of it, but I had the same reaction as you of wanting to trade it in as soon as I was done. Like I picked up my copy ready to go and trade it in and only stopped myself because I own the entire series and don't want to break it up.

I don't know what it is. I enjoyed it, I didn't love it.

Probably is harsh, but I wouldn't be likely to buy a 'real' 4/10 game so can only go by my own scale and the context of the other Batman games and the other batman games are at least twice as good IMO. So around 4/5 on that basis feels right. One of the few times I feel completely disconnected from the gaming community on a game, like I would not rate some games as highly as others but I would 'get' why they would. This one I really can't fathom how others are enjoying it so much. Just think it is objectively inferior in every way to the previous games. Even the basic combat is not as fun as you get those random off screen thug runs that completely break your chain. And those doctor thugs have to be the priority to take down so it forces you to go after 2-3 guys which makes you open to other hits. So harder to get a rhythm going.

Oh and
Nightwing is captured too, just got to this point. Seriously? Does one of the side missions have Alfred captured to complete the set? Ugh.

Yeah I know what you mean on keeping the set, I feel like that too usually (so rarely trade games), but I know I will just get angry looking at it and will never play it again anyway. Besides, the way the industry is going there will be a remake special edition collection edition of all the games on PS5. :) Just basically trying to get a few trophies at the moment, hoping to get more enjoyment from the side missions except
more Batmobile enforced playtime!
AGGGHHH! This game is trying to turn me into
the Joker

I will admit that the crime scene investigation side mission is pretty entertaining and has my curiosity. So kudos to the guy who put that together.

Iceternal

It's a nice reward for people who finish the entire thing.

You can stop at any point and watch it on youtube.

No I can't because I'm playing in French and the real ending can only be found in English and even then, I want to experience it on my own.

And the actual ending is a reward for finishing all the side stuff ? WTF ?

Korosenai

Drop-down:
Get above an enemy and look down on them. This can usually be done by hanging from railings, or standing at the edge of a platform and waiting for an enemy to pass under.

Environmental Takedown: Get an enemy close to an object that glows blue when looked at in detective vision. When they go blue press Square and X, or whatever buttons on your platform.
Are there any predator challenges with an environmental hazard available to use?

Scarphace

Okay so I ended up doing 11/14 and I finally
get the activate KF button but when I go up to the bat signal I can't start it. Any tips?

The tunnel trap chase against the Arkham Knight is putting me at wits end. I keep on trying but I'm really tempted to quit this game for good. Which is a shame as I liked most of it so far and can tell I don't have too long to finish the main story.

The tunnel trap chase against the Arkham Knight is putting me at wits end. I keep on trying but I'm really tempted to quit this game for good. Which is a shame as I liked most of it so far and can tell I don't have too long to finish the main story.

The good thing about that part is that it has checkpoints after each hit you land on him. :p

Sojgat

O

It's one of the worst designed boss fights I've seen in a long time. It took me a while just figure out what the hell the game wanted me to do.

Footos22

What's so hard about it. Did it second try once I noticed what to do.

jediyoshi

It's one of the worst designed boss fights I've seen in a long time. It took me a while just figure out what the hell the game wanted me to do.

It's the only obscure part, the actual execution is dead simple. If you do know the parameters, the 'fight' takes 1-2 minutes and you don't have to actually engage anything. Hell, you can get away without looking at the boss the entire time.

Van

4fxzX9Y.jpg

hope they make a green arrow game next

Sojgat

It's the only obscure part, the actual execution is dead simple. If you do know the parameters, the 'fight' takes 1-2 minutes and you don't have to actually engage anything. Hell, you can get away without looking at the boss the entire time.

Once you know what to do, it's easy, but I died a couple times without working out what I was even looking at.

It seems Riddler left an encoded message spread throughout Gotham.

All the race Riddler Trophies have numbers scribbled next to them.

Did anyone already decode these numbers?

Pretty sure those are just the coordinates to start the time trail to unlock the trophies.

FrsDvl

Is new game + worth it, or should I just stick to my current game and finish all the side quests?

Also, can I still get all the riddler trophies, or do I need to do NG+ to get some of them?

Korosenai

Yes, but I can't remember which one.

You can see easily because it's an objective on one of the four predator maps. I think it's the first one.

Yep I found it and did it as well... looks like my Blunt Trauma achievement is glitched then. I've done every takedown, yet no achievement. Lame.

4fxzX9Y.jpg

hope they make a green arrow game next

Not going to happen unless its Ollie and Canary in a bigger Batman game.
Only reason they gave him a tv series is because Batman can't get a real series and they knew they could rip Batman off all they wanted for tv.

2nd rate Batman, no (great)villains that could carry a game and a dull city.

Though my hope for the next WB Montreal Batman game is,
Batman
Catwoman
Batgirl(Cassandra Cain)
Nightwing
Batwoman
Robin
Huntress
Green Arrow
Black Canary

Knight + Origins map and co-op.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The Slumdog Billionaire is just beyond believable. I am getting absolutely slaughtered. I am at that point where I cant even get upset, because I am now accepting that this is just something I can't do.

I am pretty proud of myself because I was able to beat my obsessive compulsive nature and just turn it off and walk away.

If anyone has any tips I'm all ears since my original plan of "don't get hit" and "don't miss when you shoot" is not working well.

Time to open a beer and relax.

JJD

Anyone knows if the green guys with Riddler info stop spawning late game? I'm missing 23 trophies that I don't know the location and I haven't seen a snitch in quite a while... :-(

JustinBB7

Asked before but asking again. I'm doing all Riddler trophies, I got all the indoor ones (Stagg/Film Studio/HQ). I need 2 more on Bleake Island and I have 1 breakable left. But the Riddler informants don't spawn anymore so I have no idea where to look. I looked up a guide on IGN but since the in-game ones don't say which I'm missing it's kinda useless. No idea how to find the last 3 things I need now, why did those guys stop spawning?

geomon

Anyone knows if the green guys with Riddler info stop spawning late game? I'm missing 23 trophies that I don't know the location and I haven't seen a snitch in quite a while... :-(
I had that problem twice. Had to use the IGN maps to finish.

Top Bottom