• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Permanently A

yeah, thanks. I know all that, but the issue is the driving - everything gets wonky in zoomed out mode and you seem to have different controls. It's constantly compensating for being zoomed out but then it you get in a tight area it zooms in and then back out, and then in again and this throws off driving controls and turning completely.

You just have to get lucky and hope you hit him in a place where you can get away - the thing is I shot him from above on a bridge and then zoomed away and he was on my ass in seconds - the game is BUILT to have him on you no matter what you do. You can't strategize.

Oh yeah, no, I don't think you can position yourself to have him not see where you hit him from. You just need to boost away and try not to hit anything. I did a lot of the APC Pursuit missions beforehand so I got lots of practice in but I can see how it would be frustrating.

CodonAUG

Is there a trick to finding checkpoints? I have like 1 left on each island And cant find them. Same problem with firefighters...

You can't strategize, you have no time to flee, you can't drive and you can't dodge attacks = you're screwed.

There's only one option here. Why get indignant when someone states the truth?

Chitown B

You can't strategize, you have no time to flee, you can't drive and you can't dodge attacks = you're screwed.

you can't seem to understand frustration and bitching about a part of a game. I've played hundreds of games to completion. I'm not giving up, I'm venting.

RowdyReverb

Gah it is so frustrating when the game locks up! I've had it happen to me 3 times so far on XB1. Latest time I was in the middle of a mission and brought up the upgrade menu, which of course caused the game to shit the bed. At least the checkpoints are usually forgiving.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

It looks like you're going to stay here all night and try and convince everyone that the batmobile is the greatest thing ever.

You gotta admit that clip was pretty damn funny.

Chitown B

Oh yeah, no, I don't think you can position yourself to have him not see where you hit him from. You just need to boost away and try not to hit anything. I did a lot of the APC Pursuit missions beforehand so I got lots of practice in but I can see how it would be frustrating.

after I finally got the 4 vents, the second fight took two tries - 1st was just to figure out what to do. Done.

It looks like you're going to stay here all night and try and convince everyone that the batmobile is the greatest thing ever.

You gotta admit that clip was pretty damn funny.

Dude has tossed aside every bit of advice given to him all night, and just wants to vent. Are we not supposed to reply to him?

I kinda want to discuss the game, including the Batmobile, and it's all anyone seems to want to talk about.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Dude has tossed aside every bit of advice given to him all night, and just wants to vent. Are we not supposed to reply to him?

I kinda want to discuss the game, including the Batmobile, and it's all anyone seems to want to talk about.

Well, this isn't Spring-Loaded's thread. If you find what he's posting so heinous that the best you can come up with is "You're screwed, just give up" maybe reevaluate why you feel the need to respond to him rather than everybody else.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Your advice for that fight is to revert the controls back to where you have to hold R2 to stay in tank mode and turn off predator awareness.

Well, this isn't Spring-Loaded's thread. If you find what he's posting so heinous that the best you can come up with is "You're screwed, just give up" maybe reevaluate why you feel the need to respond to him rather than everybody else.

Yes sir.

Your advice for that fight is to revert the controls back to where you have to hold R2 to stay in tank mode and turn off predator awareness.

And the other advice to pay attention to the radar, then attack.

There's not much to the fight beside knowing how to drive. If that's not possible, what else is there to say?

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone else think the music is a step down from City and Origins? It's just kind of quietly there - except post game - and almost entirely forgettable. Origins had a little more in-your-face sound and music design and I preferred it.

Anyone else think the music is a step down from City and Origins? It's just kind of quietly there - except post game - and almost entirely forgettable. Origins had a little more in-your-face sound and music design and I preferred it.

City's main screen theme was incredible. There was nothing close to that in AK unfortunately.

I think what's there is fine, but yeah, it's mixed too low in most cases. Origins and (especially) City generally blare their music - most notably in predator encounters after Batman takes down the first enemy. Just the way I like it.

City's main screen theme was incredible. There was nothing close to that in AK unfortunately.

Loading up AK for the first time and seeing the main menu gave me a rush of disappointment. I love the game, but the title screen isn't a quarter as good as City's, which has to be one of the best ever. Fuck tanks and AR challenges, this is the real problem right here.

Arkham City Theme
Arkham Origins Theme

Both pretty fantastic. Knight's soundtrack is just a quieter, less bombastic version of City's.

And yeah Knight's title screen is a total snooze compared to City.

I don't mind AK's main menu (though the all the other menu being contextualized, rather than some abstract posing, was great) or its theme and didn't want to directly compare it to previous games, but it is a bit basic.

Even still, no themes in the game stood out to be whatsoever, which was weird after the previous games were pretty strong in that regard.

I don't mind AK's main menu (though the all the other menu being contextualized, rather than some abstract posing, was great) or its theme and didn't want to directly compare it to previous games, but it is a bit basic.

Even still, no themes in the game stood out to be whatsoever, which was weird after the previous games were pretty strong in that regard.

I can only recall what basically serves as the Batmobile theme. Think they threw in Arkham City's main theme somewhere.

I can only recall what basically serves as the Batmobile theme. Think they threw in Arkham City's main theme somewhere.

Yeah, I replayed City just before Knight and definitely noticed some very similar tracks during the predator sections. The old composer was co-credited for the soundtrack, I don't know if that was that because he made new music or because they reused his themes.

I'm almost sure this track is in the game in some form:
https://youtu.be/EwT-42p5vzs?t=30m55s

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
has anybody else respawned after dying and completely fallen through the map?

There was one spot where it happened to me over and over again. I had to mash the grapple button. About the 4th time it happened I got luck and was able to grapple out. I then went and collected a random trophy to force the game to save at a new spot. Seemed to clear it up.

SCChappy

Banned
There was one spot where it happened to me over and over again. I had to mash the grapple button. About the 4th time it happened I got luck and was able to grapple out. I then went and collected a random trophy to force the game to save at a new spot. Seemed to clear it up.

i got back up but everything was empty and the the texture turned super low quality
i actually was able to glide under the map to the city area outside of gotham

Yeah, I replayed City just before Knight and definitely noticed some very similar tracks during the predator sections. The old composer was co-credited for the soundtrack, I don't know if that was that because he made new music or because they reused his themes.

I'm almost sure this track is in the game in some form:
https://youtu.be/EwT-42p5vzs?t=30m55s

This track from City also played for me during the final firefighter rescue mission (predator encounter). Arkham Knight probably has a great OST, but it's often mixed too low to stand out, I think. Maybe it's tweakable in options. City's went loud and heavy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
i got back up but everything was empty and the the texture turned super low quality
i actually was able to glide under the map to the city area outside of gotham

This happened to me. Everything turned extremely low resolution and as I grabbed onto a side of a building I fell through the world but could still glide around.

MC Safety

Is there a trick to finding checkpoints? I have like 1 left on each island And cant find them. Same problem with firefighters...

Yeah, a lot of that is just ... searching. Alfred points out some spots, and you'll see "Intel" on the mission select screen.

What I did, mostly, is climb atop a building, enter detective mode, and look for a group of yellow silhouettes. That's usually indicative of a mob for the firefighter missions.

has anybody else respawned after dying and completely fallen through the map?

Yes. Xbox version for me.

tenz0r

To capture the Riddler, do I have to just get the trophies only, or do I have to do the breakable riddler objects and disarm the riddler bomb vest etc also?

What was the Batman theme in the Rocksteady Arkham games? Until Arkham City, I always took the end credits theme from Arkham Asylum to be the Batman theme for the series until Arkham City rolled along. It almost seemed like Arundel decided to gravitate more to Asylum's minimalist score from title screen in Arkham Asylum. Alot of what I'm hearing in Arkham Knight sounds similar, but I think that AK's signature theme is probably the "Evening the odds" arrangement, Arkham City's Protocol 10 theme seemed to be the prevalent theme used in AC, but you hear traces of the Asylum theme as it kicks into a more soaring, triumphant tempo. I can't really link anything from Asylum's theme into Evening the Odd's though.

I really liked Asylum's end credits theme, and was disappointed that it ended up being demoted to a cameo in Arkham City. I've pointed this out over the years, but no one else seems to have noticed and have accepted City's as the Arkhamverse's official theme.

MacBosse

is this a smart ass question? if not, then yes. Many, many. Burnout series, NFS series, Forza series, and even things like Blur. AK's driving SUCKS

AK driving is perfectly fine until Rocksteady decides that for the hardest part in the batmobile lets change how the controls work. It just throws everything you have learned about the batmobile out the window.

It's easy to see why they did it, going for that cinematic feel and chase cam, but it just doesn't work very well.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
is this a smart ass question? if not, then yes. Many, many. Burnout series, NFS series, Forza series, and even things like Blur. AK's driving SUCKS

Not sure if you passed that part yet but I highly recommend you do it in first person view. I did on NG+ and it controls way smoother.

The pulled out camera is unwieldy as fuck.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Damn lol, I am tempted just to skip the Riddler stuff, and get the good ending only, then just watch the true ending on Youtube.

Do it. You're literally only missing like 1-2 min worth of extra cutscene footage. And, you can always go back after and collect all the stuff to see the full ending.

Top Bottom