• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

brau

I'm missing 2 towers. It's like they're hidden. I scour the rooftops and can't find them. I'm not home or playing it but I found them all on 1 island. The other two, I'm missing 1.

Some of these checkpoints. Should I be upgrading my gadgets? Too many damn guns/sentry guns. I found
the one which allows you to get the Batmobile inside
. There's one with 2 massive guns.

Some of the ones that have lots of sentries, specially the bigger ones, there is a way to unlock a wall so you can bring in the batmobile. Check your surroundings.

Sullichin

I really dislike what I assume is the final batmobile section of the main story -
where Oracle helps you hack and there's 60+ tanks outside GCPD
. Fuck. Someone here gave me the advice that I can funnel them in a corner somewhere and pick them off one by one. Haven't tried that yet. Thought about firing up the game this morning before work and remembered I was on this part and said fuck it.

I don't see myself going through NG+ because of the later batmobile sections. :/ On one hand, I understand why there's so much batmobile. There's tons of upgrades, and if there were only a handful of batmobile sections you would feel like you didn't really have a chance to use all of them. But it's simply not as fun as the predator areas or freeflow combat.

But with all the side content I don't really feel like the game is lacking in predator/freeflow sections either. It's hard for me to say where this ranks in the Arkham games for me. I like all of the new combat options and the fluidity of the animation is incredible, at least when the PC version isn't running like ass. I think Origins has the best story out of any of these games. Asylum might still be my favorite because of the metroid-style backtracking/progression, of which there is barely any in later games in the series.

I'm right at the very beginning of the game when it gives me the choice between my first missions. I saved the first firefighter but where the hell do I find the rest? There are no indications as to where I might find them.
You gotta search for them by flying around with detective mode on low to ground and find a group of people tightly close. Fly nearby to see if you activate dialogue that mentions them tormenting someone. You could also keep playing and you'll gain intel throughout the game.

That or google their locations lol

Chitown B

Quick fire your batclaw or stun gun.

I tried the electric gun and it did not work. I'll try the batclaw.

on another note - I've completed the AK part of the game and yet I still have "no" signs on the rest of the Gunrunner and tower missions - while my friend who isn't as far as me as already completed the Gunrunner ones. Why are these locked behind some arbitrary wall?

I'm missing 2 towers. It's like they're hidden. I scour the rooftops and can't find them. I'm not home or playing it but I found them all on 1 island. The other two, I'm missing 1.

Some of these checkpoints. Should I be upgrading my gadgets? Too many damn guns/sentry guns. I found
the one which allows you to get the Batmobile inside
. There's one with 2 massive guns.

For the massive guns, you can upgrade your gun to where the turrets will self destruct when they try to attack you. There is one where there are about 5-6 big gun turrets though, there is a ramp that will let you get the batmobile in there.

RPG

Does that need to be done in a story mission? I've done that twice in a row in AR challenges, but it hasn't unlocked that other challenge.

You are using the machine gun and not the cannon, right? You can do it in the AR mission and you'll get a 'perfect bonus' message to pop up when you do it.

Just keep driving towards him and you'll eventually catch him. Also upgrade your Batmobile thrusters to make it quicker.
This. He has a health meter that depletes quicker the closer you are. You cannot catch him until it is depleted.

I tried the electric gun and it did not work. I'll try the batclaw.

on another note - I've completed the AK part of the game and yet I still have "no" signs on the rest of the Gunrunner and tower missions - while my friend who isn't as far as me as already completed the Gunrunner ones. Why are these locked behind some arbitrary wall?

Do you mean you completed the main game, or specifically the Arkham Knight sections?
There's a replacement for AK
, and more of those checkpoints appear after that, iirc.

Yeah and that's why they did it. For the COD crowd. Puke.

Wut? Pretty sure it's because Rocksteady wanted players to get used to switching back and forth between the two modes.

The alternate control scheme is closer to most vehicle controls in other games though. That could've been a choice presented right at the beginning rather than within a menu.

You are using the machine gun and not the cannon, right? You can do it in the AR mission and you'll get a 'perfect bonus' message to pop up when you do it.

Okay, so it is the machine gun. I was worried that'd be the case...

Raptomex

For the massive guns, you can upgrade your gun to where the turrets will self destruct when they try to attack you. There is one where there are about 5-6 big gun turrets though, there is a ramp that will let you get the batmobile in there.
I don't think I found that one but thanks for the tip. I didn't notice that upgrade. I guess I'll have to save up. Thanks.

I really dislike what I assume is the final batmobile section of the main story -
where Oracle helps you hack and there's 60+ tanks outside GCPD
. Fuck. Someone here gave me the advice that I can funnel them in a corner somewhere and pick them off one by one. Haven't tried that yet. Thought about firing up the game this morning before work and remembered I was on this part and said fuck it.

I don't see myself going through NG+ because of the later batmobile sections. :/ On one hand, I understand why there's so much batmobile. There's tons of upgrades, and if there were only a handful of batmobile sections you would feel like you didn't really have a chance to use all of them. But it's simply not as fun as the predator areas or freeflow combat.

But with all the side content I don't really feel like the game is lacking in predator/freeflow sections either. It's hard for me to say where this ranks in the Arkham games for me. I like all of the new combat options and the fluidity of the animation is incredible, at least when the PC version isn't running like ass. I think Origins has the best story out of any of these games. Asylum might still be my favorite because of the metroid-style backtracking/progression, of which there is barely any in later games in the series.

Funneling them at the side where the breakable barn door looking thing is, is definitely the way to go, makes it so easy

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
There's a trophy that requires you to takedown 20 cars in the city. iirc you could do this in City as well, but... why wasn't this integrated in the other (main) missions more? The animation is so badass, looks even better than taking down the drones. There should've been a few of these car tracking missions, gives it that real 'I'm the Batman' feel, especially if you do one of these from a super-eject, then call the car again.

Right now it's a cool-looking move but useless, never required for anything

Someone else said it already, but with the inclusion of the batmobile, we now have the perfect Batman-simulator... Regardless of the actual batmobile-content, they completely nailed the integration into your moveset. How it suddenly appears, the sounds it makes... I just drive/jump/glide around aimlessly sometimes because it's awesome to transition from one into the other.

lcap

Guys, any tips on how to break those breakable walls that I can't shoot via batmobile and is too high for everything else?

There's a trophy that requires you to takedown 20 cars in the city. iirc you could do this in City as well, but... why wasn't this integrated in the other (main) missions more? The animation is so badass, looks even better than taking down the drones. There should've been a few of these car tracking missions, gives it that real 'I'm the Batman' feel, especially if you do one of these from a super-eject, then call the car again.

Someone else said it already, but with the inclusion of the batmobile, we now have the perfect Batman-simulator... Regardless of the actual batmobile-content, they completely nailed the integration into your moveset. How it suddenly appears, the sounds it makes... I just drive/jump/glide around aimlessly sometimes because it's awesome to transition from one into the other.

That animation is cool as hell, the moment that everything clicked with me is when I super ejected out of the batmobile, saw a window into a building, did the takedown with Batman crashing through, took out the rest with linked predator take down, and then lept out the other side and dove into the batmobile. Was one of the coolest moments in the game for me, wish thato Rocksteady forced those moments more on the player instead leaving it up to them to discover.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Guys, any tips on how to break those breakable walls that I can't shoot via batmobile and is too high for everything else?

If it's one of those weaker wooden walls, consider that something with high velocity breaks them as well... :p

That animation is cool as hell, the moment that everything clicked with me is when I super ejected out of the batmobile, saw a window into a building, did the takedown with Batman crashing through, took out the rest with linked predator take down, and then lept out the other side and dove into the batmobile. Was one of the coolest moments in the game for me, wish thato Rocksteady forced those moments more on the player instead leaving it up to them to discover.

Holy crap that sounds so cool. I never did anything remotely as badass. The moveset is now versatile enough to allow for these scenarios. You're right though, most players will never get anything like that.

You can shoot them via the batmobile, I never had an issue getting to any of them with it. Look around for like a bridge or highway, something to give you a vantage point, there's a few of those walls throughout the city that you need to find another road to be on before destroying it.

Edit: seems you may be talking about the weaker walls, just glide into them

Almost every breakable wall you can shoot with the Batmobile, sometimes it takes some figuring out to get an angle on it though.

Unless you are talking about the wooden walls, those you can just glide into and they'll break.

I'm at the part where you have to
go underground and hack drones to get past them
and I really just want to put the controller down and be done with the game. I've never had a game get so unfun so quickly. Fuck.

Mogwai

I'm really trying my best to beat this game, I just can't play it for more than 20 minutes without getting bored.
Same here. Completed the game yesterday (first ending) and I have zero interest in going back to do side missions and riddler trophies. The Batmobile was an annoyance and overstayed its welcome. The Joker overstayed his welcome. The electrified enemies overstayed their welcome etc.

Not a bad game at all. I'm just done with the series, I guess.

LiK

I'm at the part where you have to
go underground and hack drones to get past them
and I really just want to put the controller down and be done with the game. I've never had a game get so unfun so quickly. Fuck.

That part is actually pretty easy. Took a few retries tho.

That part is actually pretty easy. Took a few retries tho.

It's really the awful section just before,
where you need to drive the Shitmobile on the ceiling to get there. The checkpoint is right before that part so every time the drones get me, I have to go back and drive again :-/

Garlador

The core Batman stuff I adore.

I absolutely detest the Batmobile stuff outside of transportation or carting villains to GCPD.

I have to have blown up over 2000 tanks by this point, and that Arkham Knight tank race/battle was the stuff of nightmares.

Did they just forget how to do good boss battles? I mean, Mr. Freeze in Arkham City was one of my favorite bosses ever.

hbkdx12

It's really the awful section just before,
where you need to drive the Shitmobile on the ceiling to get there. The checkpoint is right before that part so every time the drones get me, I have to go back and drive again :-/

First person view helps a ton in those situations where you need to drive the batmobile on walls/ceilings

hbkdx12

The core Batman stuff I adore.

I absolutely detest the Batmobile stuff outside of transportation or carting villains to GCPD.

I have to have blown up over 2000 tanks by this point, and that Arkham Knight tank race/battle was the stuff of nightmares.

Did they just forget how to do good boss battles? I mean, Mr. Freeze in Arkham City was one of my favorite bosses ever.

I'm one of the few that don't mind the tank battles. I like the cobra tanks. I don't find them difficult or annoying and it's easy to manipulate them so you can get behind them.

Although the (late game spoiler)
cloudburst tank battle
was just infuriating because you had no choice but to hit and run.

The boss battles in this game are quite subpar even though i did like the (late game spoiler)
excavator.

That being said, i never really understood all the praise for the Mr freeze boss battle.

lcap

You can shoot them via the batmobile, I never had an issue getting to any of them with it. Look around for like a bridge or highway, something to give you a vantage point, there's a few of those walls throughout the city that you need to find another road to be on before destroying it.

Edit: seems you may be talking about the weaker walls, just glide into them

Almost every breakable wall you can shoot with the Batmobile, sometimes it takes some figuring out to get an angle on it though.

Unless you are talking about the wooden walls, those you can just glide into and they'll break.

Dear ignorance of mine, never even thought about trying that (gliding), I thought I should have the Gel while Gliding upgrade, well, that surely makes my life easier. Only 198 trophies to go.

Beat the PC version over the weekend (I was one of the lucky few who ran it fine). I have to say, even though Rocksteady boss fights aren't my favorite, I still missed them. The end of the occupation missions was a big let down because of it. I left some stuff hanging (screw Riddler trophies), but finished just shy of 90%. My only other gripe are Batmobile puzzles. I didn't mind the tank battles (it was one of the first side missions I completed, the hacking makes it hilarious), but getting in and out/remote controlling the Batmobile really suck.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yeah rewarding you with
just another tank battle
after doing 50 checkpoints/towers/tank battles is very disappointing. Especially
since they're teasing you with Deathstroke, so you're anticipating a cool 1 on 1 battle, but no...

DirtyLarry

The only Batman game in the series I have beaten is Asylum. According to the game I am currently at 40% completion, and I really am already struggling with wanting to continue. It just is really damn repetitive. It is the same thing over and over just the difficulty level spikes, but what you ultimately have to do remains the same. That is not a good approach. Shame as the core mechanics are no doubt there. What it does for the most part it does really damn well, just the overall mission structure is lacking big time.
I am strongly, strongly considered submitting the trade in to Amazon for $27.12 before that drops even lower.
Really is a shame. There is something great here for sure.

Mesoian

Yeah rewarding you with
just another tank battle
after doing 50 checkpoints/towers/tank battles is very disappointing. Especially
since they're teasing you with Deathstroke, so you're anticipating a cool 1 on 1 battle, but no...

God knows it would have been another raz al ghul clone fight.

Sober

This game makes me want to replay AA, but I'll wait for the rumored remaster hopefully coming this winter.
Not sure if AA is worth remastering unless they update the combat/predator/traversal engine. And even then most of that is useless given the scope of the game. But also in a way AC/AO/AK makes going back to AA really hard cause you feel really clunky and limited.

Fury451

Banned
I just want to say, the sheer amount of Riddler crap can go jump in a fire.

Some of the trophies are admittedly quite fun to get, but most of these are just really contrived and oboxious; but the real problem is there's far too many of them, even without counting the actual riddles, the bomb rioters, and the need for the atrocious infrared Batmobile hunts.

Agreed, it's the best looking animation in the game, especially if you're coming behind a car. Batman's definitely killing people now.

Chitown B

Do you mean you completed the main game, or specifically the Arkham Knight sections?
There's a replacement for AK
, and more of those checkpoints appear after that, iirc.

Wut? Pretty sure it's because Rocksteady wanted players to get used to switching back and forth between the two modes.

The alternate control scheme is closer to most vehicle controls in other games though. That could've been a choice presented right at the beginning rather than within a menu.

AK sections, and checkpoints are not towers. I'm talking about the towers. And the Gunrunner sections.

The Alt scheme makes sense. The original does not, for car/driving based parts in a game.

Garlador

That being said, i never really understood all the praise for the Mr freeze boss battle.

My own personal reasons for liking the Mr. Freeze battle is because it requires you to actually think and use every tool in your arsenal and every method of attack to take him down. It's the "final exam" for everything you've been doing up to that point, from gadgets to stealth to full-on assault, and the variety and creativity required to defeat him is a real test of EVERYTHING Batman has to offer.

... compared to "shoot the tank with your tank" boss battles of Arkham Knight that are quite a bit more limited.

Anung

Un Rama
Hell, I'd rather a novel attempt and failure of a boss fight than the lazy "we won't bother" at all philosophy they had with this game.

Robert7lee

Neo Member
Anyone got any tips of beating the batmobile AR mission of getting 24k points fighting against drones and copters. The area is really small and I keep getting hit, most I've managed is a pitiful 8k points, high combo are difficult to maintain for me in this section.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just started New Game +, the intro adjustment is amazing haha.

Combat is perfectly doable so far, aside from the sword-wielding enemies. They were a pain in the ass in normal difficulty, but are even harder without button prompts.

Robert7lee

Neo Member
Just started New Game +, the intro adjustment is amazing haha.

Combat is perfectly doable so far, aside from the sword-wielding enemies. They were a pain in the ass in normal difficulty, but are even harder without button prompts.

I barely counter, just jump over them before attacking from behind and then quickly jump over the next enemy.

Chitown B

WTF. On the last battle and
I was shooting out of the garage and after about 30 seconds it just white screened me and "killed" me.

don't understand this fight at all.
yellow purple and green hacks? what do they mean? I can barely understand what she's saying because of the frantic nature of the fight

Question: was the jump scare everyone was talking about a while ago
Man-Bat?
Cause that was pretty sick! Jump scares don't usually do much for me, but I didn't see that one coming at all, and it was intense!

oktarb

Question: was the jump scare everyone was talking about a while ago
Man-Bat?
Cause that was pretty sick! Jump scares don't usually do much for me, but I didn't see that one coming at all, and it was intense!

Though that was awesome I believe everyone is referring to something else :D

Top Bottom