• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

kinggroin

Banned
I'm at 96.9%. Gonna 100% it tonight for true ending!

Guys like you must have patience of the gods. Or just a shit load of time.

100% this game felt like the most tedious mind-numbing collectathon bullshit I hated back in the Rare 64 days.

LiK

100% this game felt like the most tedious mind-numbing collectathon bullshit I hated back in the Rare 64 days.

July 4 extended weekend and I'm using a video guide. It goes by pretty fast. If I didn't watch the World Cup last night, I would've been done lol. The sidequests actually give you dialogue and scenes when you complete them so they're worth doing.

Protip: listen to podcasts!

kinggroin

Banned
July 4 extended weekend and I'm using a video guide. It goes by pretty fast. If I didn't watch the World Cup last night, I would've been done lol

Nah its cool. When I was younger I did shit like that all the time

Just that reality smacked me hard in the face when I attempted to just even do 5 Most Wanted missions, and my three boys, wife and house needed my attention. Lol.

Wish someone would have told me to just YouTube the ending and stop playing after Scarecrow's main story was completed

Nemesis_

July 4 extended weekend and I'm using a video guide. It goes by pretty fast. If I didn't watch the World Cup last night, I would've been done lol. The sidequests actually give you dialogue and scenes when you complete them so they're worth doing.

Protip: listen to podcasts!

I've done so many things while I've been finding them.

1.) Watched Batman Returns
2.) Watched Batman Forever
3.) Watched Batman & Robin
4.) Watched some random JIm Sterling videos
5.) Caught up on Red Letter Media
6.) Watched some random ass 90s movies like Mission Impossible and Goldeneye

._.

LiK

Nah its cool. When I was younger I did shit like that all the time

Just that reality smacked me hard in the face when I attempted to just even do 5 Most Wanted missions, and my three boys, wife and house needed my attention. Lol.

Wish someone would have told me to just YouTube the ending and stop playing after Scarecrow's main story was completed

LOL, maybe just do them an hour a day. No rush unless you're afraid of spoilers. That's another motivation for me.

I've done so many things while I've been finding them.

1.) Watched Batman Returns
2.) Watched Batman Forever
3.) Watched Batman & Robin
4.) Watched some random JIm Sterling videos
5.) Caught up on Red Letter Media
6.) Watched some random ass 90s movies like Mission Impossible and Goldeneye

._.

Batman & Robin? Self-inflicted pain!

The riddler stuff really doesn't take that long to finish up if you're collecting while completing the story. They weren't that hard to finish off near the end of the game for me. Once they're all labeled on the map it's pretty easy

Just finished the game last night with 100%(still have to do AR challenges). Awesome game. I feel like I may be in the minority but I think that was the best of the Arkham games to me. A lot seem to hate the Batmobile but I loved it. Rocksteady did an amazing job.

LiK

Just finished the game last night with 100%(still have to do AR challenges). Awesome game. I feel like I may be in the minority but I think that was the best of the Arkham games to me. A lot seem to hate the Batmobile but I loved it. Rocksteady did an amazing job.

My only gripe with the Batmobile is that all the tank missions were pretty repetitive. They didn't really figure out more puzzle elements involving it after the beginning of the game. Most of tank missions got real boring. That's my main issue with it.

I'm with you, it's one of my favorite games of this gen and the past few years. If I had to rank the Arkham games it would be

Asylum
Knight
Origins
City

My only gripe with the Batmobile is that all the tank missions were pretty repetitive. They didn't really figure out more puzzle elements involving it after the beginning of the game. Most of tank missions got real boring. That's my main issue with it.

They tried to do some different stuff, but it wasn't that successful. They had the tank with the spread shot, the little drone helicopters that dropped bombs, the tanks that could only be taken out from behind, and the other tanks that shot only homing missles.

LiK

They tried to do some different stuff, but it wasn't that successful. They had the tank with the spread shot, the little drone helicopters that dropped bombs, the tanks that could only be taken out from behind, and the other tanks that shot only homing missles.

Yea, not too much fun. Wish they had more detective elements involving it in the side missions.

Damn it lol, so how do you take out the Riddler's red robots? I've tried all my gadgets and nothing seems to do anything, they just shock me. (talking about the Riddler challenges out in the world, not with Catwoman).

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

How the fuck did the riddler put all of these things in the airship?

Damn it lol, so how do you take out the Riddler's red robots? I've tried all my gadgets and nothing seems to do anything, they just shock me. (talking about the Riddler challenges out in the world, not with Catwoman).

You can usually use something in the environment nearby to do it.

Which trophy? Usually there's something in the environment to kill them. Like there was a group in a shipping container and I used the voice synthesizer to move them under this crane thing and then crushed them.

LiK

Depending on which riddler puzzle it is, something in the world or your trusty steed will help.

If it's the one I'm thinking about, here's the solution

there's a riddler symbol lit up near them just hit it to change their color

Lucreto

I just got my delayed collectors Edition and the Batman statue comes with batteries. I didn't know it lights up. I put the batteries in and nothing. Is there a hidden on switch or something?

Edit: Nevermind I found the on switch.

rmanthorp

So now that a lot of people have finished the game. What do we think about the DLC that claims it will take place after the end of the events of the game.

Will we get more clarity on Knightfall - will we deal with other batfamily members dealing with Bruce's 'death'?

OR will it just dance around the subject and disappoint...

Still can't believe the DLC is $40 and two of the 6 packs are skin packs. The 'story/mission' DLC better be fucking bigger than that Quinn mess. I guess we will see with Batgirl.

I have to ask again:

I have 192/245 of the Riddler stuff, yet my map has 62 icons (including trophies, riddles, explosive, and bomb dudes). What does or doesn't count towards completing the remainder of the challenges I need to face Riddler?

Or am I double counting the icons? Do the Island stats already include those held in interior dungeons?

Grexeno

I have to ask again:

I have 192/245 of the Riddler stuff, yet my map has 62 icons (including trophies, riddles, explosive, and bomb dudes). What does or doesn't count towards completing the remainder of the challenges I need to face Riddler?

Or am I double counting the icons? Do the Island stats already include those held in interior dungeons?
Remember that the riddles for breakable objects are for every 5 broken.

Grady

Have 85 percent trophy completion, 96.6 percent done mission wise. Just riddler to clean up. That 15 move freeflow trophy sounds like it might be hard. Hopefully not as bad as the 5 perfect shot trophy. That shit sucked. Goal is to have platinum by weeks end. In time for god of war 3 which i never played.

neoism

so is there a way to track the riddler trophies you have gotten ingame or will i have to use a all riddlers trophy guide....?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Sort of last-third spoiler question...

What happens if
instead of locking Robin in the cell, you press 'Enter Cell' again. Does the same cutscene play out?

Sort of last-third spoiler question...

What happens if
instead of locking Robin in the cell, you press 'Enter Cell' again. Does the same cutscene play out?

I did it a few times and...
Joker just keeps bugging you and says you're missing the point and resets the sequence

Have 85 percent trophy completion, 96.6 percent done mission wise. Just riddler to clean up. That 15 move freeflow trophy sounds like it might be hard. Hopefully not as bad as the 5 perfect shot trophy. That shit sucked. Goal is to have platinum by weeks end. In time for god of war 3 which i never played.

So are "perfect shots" referring to using the machine gun without missing a single shot? I need "two perfect shots in a row" to unlock my last AR challenge. I've definitely gotten at least two cannon perfect shots in a row, so that can't be what it's referring to, unless it can't be done in other AR challenges.

LiK

So are "perfect shots" referring to using the machine gun without missing a single shot? I need "two perfect shots in a row" to unlock my last AR challenge. I've definitely gotten at least two cannon perfect shots in a row, so that can't be what it's referring to, unless it can't be done in other AR challenges.

Just need to hit their weak spot and kill them with one shot with the cannon.

Mesoian

D3EDB855CD69D460A6E765D9FCF387FBE21B7F64

DONE!

The process of finding Riddler clues needs to be improved if they do this going forward. It takes too long to simply collect the damn clues. 40% of the trophies should be found along the critical path. I finished everything save for that and had 21 out of 247, that shit is awful.

brau

DONE!

The process of finding Riddler clues needs to be improved if they do this going forward. It takes too long to simply collect the damn clues. 40% of the trophies should be found along the critical path. I finished everything save for that and had 21 out of 247, that shit is awful.

i can't agree more... on my playthrough.. i am sitting at 95% i think.. as far as riddler trophies, i went out of my way if i saw a riddler sign or riddle to solve as i moved through the story... i collected quite a bit but its not enough. out of 247 trophies i have only 70. way too low after completing the game. I really detest this riddler stuff.

Finished 100% yesterday. Quick thoughts:

1. Too much Joker.
2. Terrible ending (both the pre-100% and the 100%)
3. Where were all the (non-Batmobile) bosses?
3. Batmobile was awesome. I actually preferred the left trigger as the transform button. Made it feel like a left-trigger, right-trigger FPS.

3/5

Asylum>Origins>City>Knight

P.S. I think my game is bugged because I'm missing 2 AR challenges. Any way to get those?

Tsukumo

a picked up weapon like a baseball bat works. I havent figured out a good way to deal with them when there are no weapons available though...maybe a batarang?

batclaw pull or rec charge. Batclaw clears the electricity effect, the rec charge pushes them back.

I'm right at the very beginning of the game when it gives me the choice between my first missions. I saved the first firefighter but where the hell do I find the rest? There are no indications as to where I might find them.

RPG

I'm right at the very beginning of the game when it gives me the choice between my first missions. I saved the first firefighter but where the hell do I find the rest? There are no indications as to where I might find them.
You'll get a slow drip feed of Intel for their whereabouts (as well as most of the other side missions). Keep an eye out for the Intel message to pop up on screen.

You basically have to search around and listen for chatter from enemies or scan with detective mode. This is pretty much how all the sidequests are.

Or sometimes the GCPD helicopters will spot them and give you a location (a few arent visible from the air though)

Raptomex

I'm missing 2 towers. It's like they're hidden. I scour the rooftops and can't find them. I'm not home or playing it but I found them all on 1 island. The other two, I'm missing 1.

Some of these checkpoints. Should I be upgrading my gadgets? Too many damn guns/sentry guns. I found
the one which allows you to get the Batmobile inside
. There's one with 2 massive guns.

Just need to hit their weak spot and kill them with one shot with the cannon.

Does that need to be done in a story mission? I've done that twice in a row in AR challenges, but it hasn't unlocked that other challenge.

I'm missing 2 towers. It's like they're hidden. I scour the rooftops and can't find them. I'm not home or playing it but I found them all on 1 island. The other two, I'm missing 1.

Some of these checkpoints. Should I be upgrading my gadgets? Too many damn guns/sentry guns. I found
the one which allows you to get the Batmobile inside
. There's one with 2 massive guns.

There's a disruptor upgrade that causes drone tanks/canons to explode once they try firing. It's a must for those checkpoints. Once they explode, they knockout surrounding enemies, which is awesome.

also check for walls you can pull down with the Batmobile using the winch.

Top Bottom