• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Can anyone help me? I've been trying to get back into this section of the Arkham Knight HQ for the Riddler trophies but I can't seem to find a way back in now that the
tunnel is destroyed.

CJQEQsZUsAEkA3l.jpg:large
I swear I've been looking for the entrance for an hour now. I'm missing something completely obvious, aren't I? ;_;

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I just realized that it's the room where you
save Gordon
and the entrance is on the rooftop -_____-

Can anyone help me? I've been trying to get back into this section of the Arkham Knight HQ for the Riddler trophies but I can't seem to find a way back in now that the
tunnel is destroyed.

I swear I've been looking for the entrance for an hour now. I'm missing something completely obvious, aren't I? ;_;

look back at the map. You cant get back in there from the drilled shaft. You have to go to Arkham Knight HQ south (I think) and there is an elevator on the roof to get in.

I did the same thing for about 30 min

Luigi87

Finally got my Platinum trophy. That's all the Rocksteady Batman games plat'd now. Was technically by far the easiest to get.

... Didn't do Origins as I lost interest, and it did appear the hardest of the bunch.

WTF. On the last battle and
I was shooting out of the garage and after about 30 seconds it just white screened me and "killed" me.

don't understand this fight at all.
yellow purple and green hacks? what do they mean? I can barely understand what she's saying because of the frantic nature of the fight

This fight alone single handedly made me drop the game. Permanently. I know it's right near the end but I just don't have the patience or tolerance for such redundant and downright shitty design in videogames. It was the one time I stopped and said "fuck you". Seriously. It's like two teams made the game. One team did all the Batman stuff, investigation, story, and another did the tank battles. How a reputable and well respected and admired company such as Rocksteady could approve this is beyond me. How did this pass QA testing? You try hiding and the game just game overs you. What a cruel joke.

It's not that the controls are difficult, or even the nature of the fights themselves, it's difficult by sheer number. There's endurance rounds, then there's just flat out bad design. This is the latter. I was, and am, genuinely amazed how bad these are and how often these sequences occur. There's never any variety or any real strategy required. Just dodge blue lines and creep up behind tanks. It never changes. The way the Batmobile was utilized in puzzles was very clever and I enjoyed the mechanics quite a bit. I even enjoyed the Batmobile as an actual vehicle. Riding around, sliding round corners. Good stuff. The tank was a good idea but the execution was an abortion.

Anyway, by this point I'm just repeating what many have said already, and no doubt am preaching to the choir. It's such a shame because this came so close to being a near perfect trilogy. Judging the game on it's own merits, it's still rather strong - but the frequency of which you're using the Batmobile in battle form is just ludicrous. They got really carried away with that.

ANYWAY, I'm done ranting. I'm sorry guys. My poor girlfriend had to hear it from me the other day, and seeing as she has no perspective on the series, I felt like it was falling on deaf ears. I feel much better now. You can bill me for the therapy session later.

Cheerio.

P.S - Fuck you Rocksteady.

Simo

Posted?
batgirl.jpg

Created by Arkham Origins’ developer WB Games Montreal, the DLC takes place in an entirely new area called the Seagate Amusement Park, a nautical theme park built on top of an oil rig that the Joker has rigged to be a massive death trap. “We wanted to recreate the feeling of being trapped in a bizarre and unique open environment playing a game of cat and mouse with the Joker,” says design producer Justin Vazquez.

The expansion incorporates Arkham Knight’s Dual Play system that allows the player to switch characters at the press of a button, and culminates in an epic tag-team throwdown between Batgirl and Robin and the Joker and Harley Quinn. “Seeing these four iconic characters together at the same time will be a real thrill,” Vazquez says. And for the first time in the Arkham series, Harley will be sporting her trademark black and red ensemble from Batman: The Animated Series.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/0...c?hootPostID=b63d95fd3f4c607e6c33443777a6628b

Ame

After I defeated the Riddler and hit 100% completion, the AR training missions at the Falcone shipping yard vanished. I was gonna use them to clean up a couple of trophies, but now they're gone. Is this suppose to be a thing?

Luigi87

Posted?
batgirl.jpg

The expansion incorporates Arkham Knight’s Dual Play system that allows the player to switch characters at the press of a button, and culminates in an epic tag-team throwdown between Batgirl and Robin and the Joker and Harley Quinn. “Seeing these four iconic characters together at the same time will be a real thrill,” Vazquez says. And for the first time in the Arkham series, Harley will be sporting her trademark black and red ensemble from Batman: The Animated Series.

Waitwaitwait... :O

Chitown B

so if you're fighting two brutes and punching one - if the second one does a sword swipe at you (yellow) and you hold back and hit Y as you're supposed to, it doesn't seem to do anything. So you just die.

FranXico

After I defeated the Riddler and hit 100% completion, the AR training missions at the Falcone shipping yard vanished. I was gonna use them to clean up a couple of trophies, but now they're gone. Is this suppose to be a thing?

Even if you no longer see them in game, you can always play them from the game menu (AR challenges).

hbkdx12

so if you're fighting two brutes and punching one - if the second one does a sword swipe at you (yellow) and you hold back and hit Y as you're supposed to, it doesn't seem to do anything. So you just die.

Don't yellow counters (swords/knives) require you to counter each swipe?

LiK

My own personal reasons for liking the Mr. Freeze battle is because it requires you to actually think and use every tool in your arsenal and every method of attack to take him down. It's the "final exam" for everything you've been doing up to that point, from gadgets to stealth to full-on assault, and the variety and creativity required to defeat him is a real test of EVERYTHING Batman has to offer.

... compared to "shoot the tank with your tank" boss battles of Arkham Knight that are quite a bit more limited.

LOL, yea, Final Exam turned out to be stupid easy. Almost feels like Rocksteady was trolling us or maybe showing us that Riddler sucks.

I think the combat has even more Batman teleportation is even more egregious ,making the combat sometimes looks weird, but for the most part, it's just way more fun. Hand-to-hand was what looked least impressive in preview material, funny enough.

MechaX

Okay, I "beat" the game, but before I go through this effort of getting 100% completion, let me ask this:

If I finish all of the militia stuff, do I at least get a one-on-one battle with Deathstroke? Or do I get another shitty tank drone segment or cutscene battle?

Luigi87

Okay, I "beat" the game, but before I go through this effort of getting 100% completion, let me ask this:

If I finish all of the militia stuff, do I at least get a one-on-one battle with Deathstroke? Or do I get another shitty tank drone segment or cutscene battle?

It's basically a harder version of
Arkham Knight Cobra Tank battle, in that he has a 360 degree camera as opposed to a rotating cone. It's really lame.

Munki

Its a drone sequence.

My own personal reasons for liking the Mr. Freeze battle is because it requires you to actually think and use every tool in your arsenal and every method of attack to take him down. It's the "final exam" for everything you've been doing up to that point, from gadgets to stealth to full-on assault, and the variety and creativity required to defeat him is a real test of EVERYTHING Batman has to offer.

... compared to "shoot the tank with your tank" boss battles of Arkham Knight that are quite a bit more limited.

So far the game has definitely lacked a fight like that. I wish there was another one. That was a FANTASTIC boss fight.

Anyone know what kind of skins are in the pipe?

This fight alone single handedly made me drop the game. Permanently. I know it's right near the end but I just don't have the patience or tolerance for such redundant and downright shitty design in videogames. It was the one time I stopped and said "fuck you". Seriously. It's like two teams made the game. One team did all the Batman stuff, investigation, story, and another did the tank battles. How a reputable and well respected and admired company such as Rocksteady could approve this is beyond me. How did this pass QA testing? You try hiding and the game just game overs you. What a cruel joke.

It's not that the controls are difficult, or even the nature of the fights themselves, it's difficult by sheer number. There's endurance rounds, then there's just flat out bad design. This is the latter. I was, and am, genuinely amazed how bad these are and how often these sequences occur. There's never any variety or any real strategy required. Just dodge blue lines and creep up behind tanks. It never changes. The way the Batmobile was utilized in puzzles was very clever and I enjoyed the mechanics quite a bit. I even enjoyed the Batmobile as an actual vehicle. Riding around, sliding round corners. Good stuff. The tank was a good idea but the execution was an abortion.

Anyway, by this point I'm just repeating what many have said already, and no doubt am preaching to the choir. It's such a shame because this came so close to being a near perfect trilogy. Judging the game on it's own merits, it's still rather strong - but the frequency of which you're using the Batmobile in battle form is just ludicrous. They got really carried away with that.

ANYWAY, I'm done ranting. I'm sorry guys. My poor girlfriend had to hear it from me the other day, and seeing as she has no perspective on the series, I felt like it was falling on deaf ears. I feel much better now. You can bill me for the therapy session later.

Cheerio.

It's always easy to tell who didn't upgrade their Batmobile :p

Zakalwe

Banned
Anyone got any tips of beating the batmobile AR mission of getting 24k points fighting against drones and copters. The area is really small and I keep getting hit, most I've managed is a pitiful 8k points, high combo are difficult to maintain for me in this section.

High combo. That's it.

If you manage to combo every vehicle you get it up to 80 or so. I can't remember exactly, but I hit everything without losing my combo (can't take a hit, but the window between shots is quite high before the counter resets).

Takes you way above the required score, so you won't need to combo the entire run, but you need to combo to get the highest scores.

Sober

It's always easy to tell who didn't upgrade their Batmobile :p
I think the problem is that easing people into the Batmobile was really bad, especially battle mode. They probably should've had EMP/hacking tutorials (since missile barrage is part of the battle mode tutorial). It doesn't help that there's a lot of functionality locked behind upgrades that seem like they should've been in there in the first place.

High combo. That's it.

If you manage to combo every vehicle you get it up to 80 or so. I can't remember exactly, but I hit everything without losing my combo (can't take a hit, but the window between shots is quite high before the counter resets).

Takes you way above the required score, so you won't need to combo the entire run, but you need to combo to get the highest scores.
Have the battery upgrades so you can fill the combo meter up faster. Always have an EMP ready in case you get stuck in a bind of red lines or missiles are locked on and you can't dodge/turn/shoot all at once.

I think they should try tweaking the way the batmobile handles the road and its combat functions just a bit with a patch. Some of us can only handle Mario kart and I'm one of them.

Zakalwe

Banned

Cheerio.

I couldn't disagree more. The Batmobile tank sections and boss battles are all really fun.

Upgrade your BM, if you haven't (double dash is essential, as is the first battery upgrade) go for high combos and perfect shots and no hits taken etc... Just like combat the most fun you can have is if you turn them into a challenge.

If that doesn't appeal to you fair enough, but the design of he encounters themselves, imo, are just fine.

(As others have said, emp and hacking and missiles enable you to burn through the encounters much faster.)

Oh, and always go first person when being pursued, the evil camera can't touch you! :3

I think they should try tweaking the way the batmobile handles the road and its combat functions just a bit with a patch. Some of us can only handle Mario kart and I'm one of them.

Tweak how?

It handles beautifully for me. What do you find difficult specifically?

Paasei

Completed everything to 100% except for the Riddler stuff. Working on that island by island. Played it on Hard, and will try New Game+ sooner or later.
I keep having the idea that I'm missing a gadget that goes in the top left spot of the gagdet wheel.

I wonder if that extra
Knightfall protocol after completing everything is really worth it.

Too bad that one sequence
The flashback of Joker torturing Jason, the 2nd Robin, spoiled the plot of the Arkham Knights real identity for me

Ofcourse it wasn't a total giveaway, but I guess I'm very decent at seeing plots.

And last of all... How do I start the Harley Quins storyline DLC thing? As I assumed you could play as her.

jobrro

And last of all... How do I start the Harley Quins storyline DLC thing? As I assumed you could play as her.

Provided it is downloaded will be in Gotham Stories in the main menu. Gotham Stories was greyed out for me until I restored licences on the PS4.

see5harp

As much as I enjoyed this game and the amazing traversal in the city (even the Batmobile driving was fine to me outside of the races and battles), I am so glad I decided to rent. I'm sitting at 97% completion and really only have the Riddler trophies left and the Knightfall. I feel like the bulk of the magic in this game and many open world games is simply the world you move around in. Everything from AC, Far Cry, to Watch Dogs just sorta feel the same to me. I think this will be the last Batman game for me.

Chitown B

this game just keeps ending over and over. every final battle seems like "the final battle" but it just never ends.

Is there a point of no return? Do any items get closed off after you complete the main story to 100%? I'm at 95% now and I don't want to screw it up by completing it.

Just about finished the campaign and my only thought is... what the fuck happened at Rocksteady? Nearly everything is a steep downgrade from Arkham City. Story, combat, voice acting you name it.

Focusing too much on those next gen visuals. Game looks phenemol during certain moments.

Munki

It was easier to me, much easier in fact, than the
Cloudburst tank
battle. My Batmobile was pretty much maxed out though.

I felt the same as well. It took me a fraction of the time to complete that compared to the Cloudburst battle.

Nick

Finally 100% everything last night. Definitely think this is the best Arkham game, with City being close behind. I'm still waiting to pull the trigger on the season pass, however... we'll see how long the DLC actually ends up being (and if it's worth it or not).

Finally 100% everything last night. Definitely think this is the best Arkham game, with City being close behind.

Yass.

Though I'm still convinced City did combat in an overall more solid way. It's hard for me to choose which is overall better so soon after AK's release, but it's between these two for the best.

Top Bottom