• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Eeh crap, I need help. Did anyone try to go back to Wayne tower after the story's done? I need to go back there to scan a portrait and I can't find an entrance to save my life. I don't even remember where I used to enter, but there's not a single point of entry anywhere...

edit: found it, forgot the window already

Caode

At long fucking last. Now to see out the rest of new game plus, get the platinum, and impatiently wait for the batgirl dlc.

cPjzjEn.jpg

Munki

Eeh crap, I need help. Did anyone try to go back to Wayne tower after the story's done? I need to go back there to scan a portrait and I can't find an entrance to save my life. I don't even remember where I used to enter, but there's not a single point of entry anywhere...

Hoping this isn't a bug or glitch :/

Go one level done from the "top". Should be a couple balconies in which you can enter (the same as usual).

Prototype

AR challenges "untouchable" best time is 11 mins. What time are you guys getting? I really like this particular challenge. It's like bullet hell dream mode.

delSai

Alright I finished the game. Holy shit, that ending. Well fucking done Rocksteady. Doubt any other game will beat it as my GOTY. What a game.
Now i'll wait for DLC and more skins before beating NG+ and getting the platinum.

Dominator

Okay this wont help you much now, but the proper way to get these kind of achievements is to, while you play through the game, always push yourself to try new combos. By the time you are done with the story it should be an easy task if it hasn't popped by chance already (like it happened to me this time).

Anyway, if you are bruteforcing this your best bet is to try the VR training where you fight along
Nightwing
, since it is much easier to not get interrupted when half of the enemies are busy fighting someone else. If you get hit just pause and restart the mission. Also, gadget special moves (done by holding with filled meter) are not the same move as uncharged gadget quickfire, so do both versions!
Thats the VR mission I've been doing non-stop lol I'm pretty sure I counted up to 14 before and then I got hit. I raged like none other.

I'll get it eventually, I just suck at it.

kinggroin

Banned
LOL, maybe just do them an hour a day. No rush unless you're afraid of spoilers. That's another motivation for me.

Batman & Robin? Self-inflicted pain!

I'd much rather spend it on a new game. Trust me, I'm more than satisfied with what I played of just the main storyline. More upset that I played parts of the game I found lame, to get half a lame ending. Could have spent those 5 hours starting Bloodborne.

The riddler stuff really doesn't take that long to finish up if you're collecting while completing the story. They weren't that hard to finish off near the end of the game for me. Once they're all labeled on the map it's pretty easy

I'm sure if I wanted to dedicate game time to it, I could complete it. Finished The Witcher 3 before this game and that's long as feck. Just that...the extra Baan stuff isn't very appealing considering what's involved and the payoff for them.

How the fuck did the riddler put all of these things in the airship?

The greatest Riddle of all

neoism

so guys im going riddler trophy hunting i was wonder how to you blow up destructible walls that are out of reach...???

I don't know about you guys, but when I visited
GCPD's evidence room, I really wished I could pick up the Shock Gloves instead of the REC.

Nah, the shock gloves were the most unbalanced OP gadget into the entire series. Turn them on, enemy type doesn't matter just start punching everything.

I'd much rather spend it on a new game. Trust me, I'm more than satisfied with what I played of just the main storyline. More upset that I played parts of the game I found lame, to get half a lame ending. Could have spent those 5 hours starting Bloodborne.

I'm sure if I wanted to dedicate game time to it, I could complete it. Finished The Witcher 3 before this game and that's long as feck. Just that...the extra Baan stuff isn't very appealing considering what's involved and the payoff for them.

The greatest Riddle of all

There really should have been a better reward for 100 percent in the game. The extra ending is cool, but could they really not throw in a couple skin unlocks for doing those side missions?

There really should have been a better reward for 100 percent in the game. The extra ending is cool, but could they really not throw in a couple skin unlocks for doing those side missions?

WHAT'S THE MATTER BATMAN

NOT SMART ENOUGH TO REALIZE ALL YOU DID WAS FOR NOTHING?

JUST WAIT TILL THE NEXT GAME BATMAN. I'M PUTTING UP LIKE 500 RIDDLER TROPHIES. MOST OF THEIR SOLUTIONS WILL CONSIST OF SUN TZU QUOTES.

Fury451

Banned
Nah, the shock gloves were the most unbalanced OP gadget into the entire series. Turn them on, enemy type doesn't matter just start punching everything.

While I do agree with that, some of the varying types of enemies in this were super annoying. If they cut the battery to a very short time span (5-7 seconds), it would've been quite useful to have them.

WHAT'S THE MATTER BATMAN

JUST WAIT TILL THE NEXT GAME BATMAN. I'M PUTTING UP LIKE 500 RIDDLER TROPHIES. MOST OF THEIR SOLUTIONS WILL CONSIST OF SUN TZU QUOTES.

The amount of Riddler stuff was perfect in City. It was way too excessive here, even if some of them were fun and challenging to get. And 50 lashes for whoever decided to put them inside the airships, the headquarters, and underground in the subway tunnels. That person or persons deserve to be slapped.

I've been collecting them for days now, and I still have a quarter or more to go. It's just not fun anymore.

Most of the actual riddles were just obtuse. It worked in Asylum because that was a small detailed space. Here you're looking for a needle in a haystack sometimes.

It was like Devil Trigger! I just feel like they could look awesome on current gen, and I would take them over the Batmobile any day.

While I do agree with that, some of the varying types of enemies in this were super annoying. If they cut the battery to a very short time span (5-7 seconds), it would've been quite useful to have them.
Yeah. Shield guys and stun baton guys are the worst. I really hate how they only way to deal with a shield guy is to use an aerial attack, since it leaves Bats vulnerable for a long time. It's also dumb how, when you're in a large group of guys, Batman will sometimes target the shield and baton guys, so you drop your combo.

WHAT'S THE MATTER BATMAN

Haha this just goes to show how ridiculous it is that Riddler finds a way to put all these riddles aND trophies around for 3 years consecutively

Yeah. Shield guys and stun baton guys are the worst. I really hate how they only way to deal with a shield guy is to use an aerial attack, since it leaves Bats vulnerable for a long time. It's also dumb how, when you're in a large group of guys, Batman will sometimes target the shield and baton guys, so you drop your combo.

Shock gloves were cool and a good idea, just too easy to charge and cheese enemies with. They were much cooler than the REC, which still seems weird to me — it seemingly shoots a ball of pure electricity that homes in on stuff a bit. wat

All it would take is some tweaks to make them a good addition.

Ok this might be a glitch lol

I have completed all missions except for the Riddlers. So I go to where you rescue Jack Ryder from Deacan Blackfire and I see both of them there like I never completed the mission? lol

Fury451

Banned
and in the fucking police station. lol

Actually they did explain that pretty well. Leaving detective mode on in the police station reveals a mole

Yeah, while those guys were there before, they were a lot more aggressive, and also mixed with the huge brutes with electrified gloves, and especially when a medic would charge up a guy and I wouldn't see, only to fly back from my combo and run into an electrified wall.

ZeroX03

Banned
It was really strange for
the Arkham Knight's HQ
to be riddled with riddles. From a design perspective it seemed like cramming too much in a small area and from a character perspective it just makes Nigma seem especially odd.

Prototype

Shield and electric baton , just use your take down moves, will ignore their defenses. For baton, use the destroy weapon take down, so another thug doesn't pick it up. Getting up to a 5 multiplier shouldn't be too hard.

Edit.

On the riddler stuff.. I always wonder where he finds the time and resources to construct all this stuff and Ave it all over (and under) the city. Never made much sense to me, but is especially strange in Knight, or rather I felt it's awkward presence the most I knight. Huge underground race tracks.... Lol. Ultimately I don't care too much because I thought it was fun, but ya... With that much money /time he could get a lot done. Who funds him?

Shock gloves were cool and a good idea, just too easy to charge and cheese enemies with. They were much cooler than the REC, which still seems weird to me — it seemingly shoots a ball of pure electricity that homes in on stuff a bit. wat

All it would take is some tweaks to make them a good addition.
I definitely agree that they're a little too good: ignores enemy defenses, always hits for a knock-down, adds extra hits per critical strike, and recharges itself on hit. Removing just that last bit should be good enough to balance them quite a bit, but the rest could be toned down a bit, too.

I also miss Bat Swarm. Batmobile Takedown doesn't seem at all better than your standard Instant Takedown.

Chitown B

Actually they did explain that pretty well. Leaving detective mode on in the police station reveals a mole

Yeah, while those guys were there before, they were a lot more aggressive, and also mixed with the huge brutes with electrified gloves, and especially when a medic would charge up a guy and I wouldn't see, only to fly back from my combo and run into an electrified wall.

you mean the guy who is green the entire time even without detective mode on. that is weird.

even took a screen shot:

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Fury451

Banned
you mean the guy who is green the entire time even without detective mode on. that is weird.

Was he? I didn't realize that, I saw him stay green after you use detective mode in there the first time, but maybe he was always that way.

I didn't realize right away that you can interrogate him either, since it doesn't give you the usual prompt

Chitown B

Was he? I didn't realize that, I only noticed him after I had it on the first time. That is bizarre.

I didn't realize right away that you can interrogate him either, since it doesn't give you the usual prompt

I also did not know that, thanks! I just thought he was green because it was a game bug.

KevinG

So, I'm at that part where everyone has complained about the tank controls. I'm frustrated. Pissed. And about to just stop playing. Any ways to cheese this terrible section?

Cloudburst

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So, I'm at that part where everyone has complained about the tank controls. I'm frustrated. Pissed. And about to just stop playing. Any ways to cheese this terrible section?

Cloudburst
Put it on easy mode so you can at least start at a decent checkpoint after you die. There are no trophies to get for playing on certain difficulties.

Put it on easy mode so you can at least start at a decent checkpoint after you die. There are no trophies to get for playing on certain difficulties.
Battle mode toggled on is night day for me. Cloudburst was nothing compared to that big tank battle a bit earlier tin the game.

Fury451

Banned

Cloudburst

Have you upgraded your Batmobile to be able to fire a distraction shot? You could use that to lure them away and pick them off individually. I really didn't have any trouble with that battle surprisingly, and the whole distraction shot thing was a big reason why. If they spot you just let go and switch back to Batmobile mode, and gun it out of there.

Otherwise you just have to play it slow. It's really boring and methodical, but if you hide and seek around the buildings and pick them off one by one, it's fairly easy. Basically just hit and run.

The amount of Riddler stuff was perfect in City. It was way too excessive here, even if some of them were fun and challenging to get. And 50 lashes for whoever decided to put them inside the airships, the headquarters, and underground in the subway tunnels. That person or persons deserve to be slapped.
Uh.. what?
Amount of riddles in Arkham City = 282
Amount of riddles in Arkham Knight = 243
If anything, it was worse in City because there were many that you can only grab with Catwoman.

Also, indoor locations have their own riddles in each and every Arkham game, so I don't understand that complaint either.

Fury451

Banned
Uh.. what?
Amount of riddles in Arkham City = 282
Amount of riddles in Arkham Knight = 243
If anything, it was worse in City because there were many that you can only grab with Catwoman.

Also, indoor locations have their own riddles in each Arkham and every game, so I don't understand that complaint either.

Is that including every thing? The bomb rioters, the actual riddles, and each trophy? Because there's no way there's more in City.

If there is, then however they put them together here in this made them a lot more tedious to get. I understand the indoor sections do, but that doesn't make how they're set up in this game any less tedious. The movie studio and the headquarters are fine, the airships are a pain in the butt, but the underground tunnels are the worst because you have to drive all the way to the end in one case just to pick up ones that are blatantly out in the open. They're not even puzzle or games attached to them.

Maybe it's also because despite beating up what I thought was all of the glowing green population of the city, I still haven't unlocked every single one on the map.

Man, so many people having difficulty at areas I had no problems with. This batmobile tank stuff got people down. I can honestly see why you guys would like this game less if it's so frustrating for you. If I had issues with it I would probably be in the same boat as you guys when it comes to the game.

Is that including every thing? The bomb rioters, the actual riddles, and each trophy? Because there's no way there's more in City.

If there is, then however they put them together and this made them a lot more tedious to get. I understand the indoor sections do, but that doesn't make how they're set up in this game any less tedious. The movie studio and the headquarters are fine, the airships are a pain in the butt, but the underground tunnels are the worst because you have to drive all the way to the end in one case just to pick up ones that are blatantly out in the open. They're not even puzzle or games attached to them.

City had more and in my opinion they were more annoying to get. I don't even remember there being riddles in city, all I remember is the trophies being scattered about.

Top Bottom