• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

KevinG

Have you upgraded your Batmobile to be able to fire a distraction shot? You could use that to lure them away and pick them off individually. I really didn't have any trouble with that battle surprisingly, and the whole distraction shot thing was a big reason why. If they spot you just let go and switch back to Batmobile mode, and gun it out of there.

Otherwise you just have to play it slow. It's really boring and methodical, but if you hide and seek around the buildings and pick them off one by one, it's fairly easy. Basically just hit and run.

I upgraded the armor but not the distraction shot. Really regretting that now. It's tough to be patient when I only have an hour or less to play a day. This mission, in general, requires several failed attempts and has been a several day ordeal. First world problem indeed.

Do you? Cause after I put it on easy for that mission, I forgot to turn it off and finished the game like that. Was still able to do New Game+.

If this is the case, I'd gladly make the switch.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
actually that was bad info I got a couple weeks ago. Sorry about that.
Ah ok, no worries!

I upgraded the armor but not the distraction shot. Really regretting that now. It's tough to be patient when I only have an hour or less to play a day. This mission, in general, requires several failed attempts and has been a several day ordeal. First world problem indeed.

If this is the case, I'd gladly make the switch.
Just so you're clear the checkpoint is
after you destroy the 7 Cobras. If you die while only the Cloudburst tank is left, you'll just restart having to fight that and not the 7 Cobra tanks again.

KevinG

Man, so many people having difficulty at areas I had no problems with. This batmobile tank stuff got people down. I can honestly see why you guys would like this game less if it's so frustrating for you. If I had issues with it I would probably be in the same boat as you guys when it comes to the game.

Honestly, it hasn't bothered me too much until this point. I've loved the game, but genuinely feel like this section is broken. I don't feel like I'm failing because of my lack of skill, but clunky handling of the tank in tight spaces.

Honestly, it hasn't bothered me too much until this point. I've loved the game, but genuinely feel like this section is broken. I don't feel like I'm failing because of my lack of skill, but clunky handling of the tank in tight spaces.

That part just takes a lot of patience, need to make sure their separate when you take one out. What I did is destroyed one then used the buildings as cover while staying in tank mode and bursting around corners. I never switched to he normal mode while getting chased down because it would put me in bad positions.

I definitely agree that they're a little too good: ignores enemy defenses, always hits for a knock-down, adds extra hits per critical strike, and recharges itself on hit. Removing just that last bit should be good enough to balance them quite a bit, but the rest could be toned down a bit, too.

I also miss Bat Swarm. Batmobile Takedown doesn't seem at all better than your standard Instant Takedown.

Yeah, I'd like it if all the REC stuff was just replaced with shock gauntlets, and the gauntlets took the place of REC in combat. Even if it lost it's long-range functionality, it'd be cooler than merely stunning a single enemy at a time (outside of super combo attacks). It's quickfire could be used to stun an enemy and activate them for a short amount of time.

I don't miss bat swarm despite it being useful — it just didn't have the visual impact of similar devices in other Batman media. I was hoping it'd get replaced with a bigger bat swarm that took a few moments to reach the sonic bat-call device, and then act like a massive smoke cloud that could distract multiple enemies at once. Don't know how it would be balanced against the smoke bomb though.

I like the Batmobile takedown, but it needed something else. Maybe if it had levels, where if you build up the Batmobile takedown meter 2-3 times without using it, you could do a double takedown, or just call the Batmobile directly toward you, hop over it and have it smash into enemies (if you're where it can reach you) without breaking the combo.

Man, so many people having difficulty at areas I had no problems with. This batmobile tank stuff got people down. I can honestly see why you guys would like this game less if it's so frustrating for you. If I had issues with it I would probably be in the same boat as you guys when it comes to the game.

Yeah, I'm really glad I never had any real trouble with any of the segments, and that I actually enjoy most of it all. Even that 60 tank fight was no different than smaller fights because of
Oracle's EMP hacking

Chitown B

That part just takes a lot of patience, need to make sure their separate when you take one out. What I did is destroyed one then used the buildings as cover while staying in tank mode and bursting around corners. I never switched to he normal mode while getting chased down because it would put me in bad positions.

word. Also use the bridge on the edges. It funnels them and they usually turn around. Just hide behind stuff.

Is that including every thing? The bomb rioters, the actual riddles, and each trophy? Because there's no way there's more in City.

If there is, then however they put them together here in this made them a lot more tedious to get. I understand the indoor sections do, but that doesn't make how they're set up in this game any less tedious. The movie studio and the headquarters are fine, the airships are a pain in the butt, but the underground tunnels are the worst because you have to drive all the way to the end in one case just to pick up ones that are blatantly out in the open. They're not even puzzle or games attached to them.

Maybe it's also because despite beating up what I thought was all of the glowing green population of the city, I still haven't unlocked every single one on the map.

There's more in City. I found City's to be more enjoyable to get because they were never that far out of the way. AK's map is huge, so you're less likely to spot any just going through the main story. Trying to find riddle answers in vague areas was a bit of a pain in this game — e.g. that Calendar Man riddle pointed to the surface, yet was actually underground.

ZeroX03

Banned
City had more trophies but a far more even spread. Because the city was more condensed you could turn around any corner and there would be a Riddler trophy. Basically no traveling time between them. City also had more skill/maneuver-based trophies IIRC.

Knight is too spread out, you'd miss 95% of them without informants. Origins was a mess that just threw them in there because it was tradition.

Yeah, I'd like it if all the REC stuff was just replaced with shock gauntlets, and the gauntlets took the place of REC in combat. Even if it lost it's long-range functionality, it'd be cooler than merely stunning a single enemy at a time (outside of super combo attacks). It's quickfire could be used to stun an enemy and activate them for a short amount of time.

I don't miss bat swarm despite it being useful — it just didn't have the visual impact of similar devices in other Batman media. I was hoping it'd get replaced with a bigger bat swarm that took a few moments to reach the sonic bat-call device, and then act like a massive smoke cloud that could distract multiple enemies at once. Don't know how it would be balanced against the smoke bomb though.

I like the Batmobile takedown, but it needed something else. Maybe if it had levels, where if you build up the Batmobile takedown meter 2-3 times without using it, you could do a double takedown, or just call the Batmobile directly toward you, hop over it and have it smash into enemies (if you're where it can reach you) without breaking the combo.
What is the point of a Batmobile takedown? Is it actually better than a regular instant takedown? As far as I can tell, they're the same, except it takes more hits to activate the Batmobile.

As for the Shock Gloves, yeah, they'd be sweet as a gadget. Quick fire could just be a single shock punch that hits through shields and batons but has limited range, and Freeflow Focus could be a short activation. Oh well.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Well. Looks like my playthrough is over. The game autosaved as I was falling through the environment. Every time I load, I just fall and eventually die. I can grapple to a couple ledges, but then I'm trapped inside buildings that you aren't supposed to be inside of.

CJRZEyNWUAAVQOR.jpg:large

PS4 version.

Luigi87

What is the point of a Batmobile takedown? Is it actually better than a regular instant takedown? As far as I can tell, they're the same, except it takes more hits to activate the Batmobile.

As for the Shock Gloves, yeah, they'd be sweet as a gadget. Quick fire could just be a single shock punch that hits through shields and batons but has limited range, and Freeflow Focus could be a short activation. Oh well.

Batmobile takedown is basically just the same as a Dual-team Takedown, except using the car. It doesn't take away from your focus meter to do instant takedowns

Well. Looks like my playthrough is over. The game autosaved as I was falling through the environment. Every time I load, I just fall and eventually die. I can grapple to a couple ledges, but then I'm trapped inside buildings that you aren't supposed to be inside of.

PS4 version.

That fear toxin is intense...
Sorry to hear that.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Who are all the most wanted I have to lock up in order to start Knightfall? I've got 5 so far in the max security tank at GCPD.

Luigi87

Who are all the most wanted I have to lock up in order to start Knightfall? I've got 5 so far in the max security tank at GCPD.

The whole list:
Scarecrow
Penguin
Two-Face
Riddler
Deacon Blackfire
Deathstroke
Professor Pyg
Simon Stagg
Firefly
Fire Chief
Man-Bat/Kirk Langstrom
Optional: Azrael

After finishing the game a couple of days ago I decided to get all of the riddler trophies and solve all of the riddles so I could 100% the game. I need one more trophy and
i'm pretty much fucked. The last trophy I need is in the pasadena studios building. It's the one with the 5 riddler robots that require a 5x fear takedown. Problem with that is, I didn't level the fear takedown to x5. I have no wayne points so the only option i'm left with is doing the AR missions to accumulate 8 points. The completionist in me wants to keep at, but i'm pretty much done trying. Is there anyway to get that riddler trophy without having the fear takedown x5?

Luigi87

After finishing the game a couple of days ago I decided to get all of the riddler trophies and solve all of the riddles so I could 100% the game. I need one more trophy and
i'm pretty much fucked. The last trophy I need is in the pasadena studios building. It's the one with the 5 riddler robots that require a 5x fear takedown. Problem with that is, I didn't level the fear takedown to x5. I have no wayne points so the only option i'm left with is doing the AR missions to accumulate 8 points. The completionist in me wants to keep at, but i'm pretty much done trying. Is there anyway to get that riddler trophy without having the fear takedown x5?

No, but what you could do is start NG+ and rush through it until you get the Waynetech points.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
The whole list:
Scarecrow
Penguin
Two-Face
Riddler
Deacon Blackfire
Deathstroke
Professor Pyg
Simon Stagg
Firefly
Fire Chief
Man-Bat/Kirk Langstrom
Optional: Azrael

I actually have 6 of those in lock up, the game says I need 4 to start Knightfall. Am I missing something or is it a bug? The game will not let me pick Knightfall from mission select. I have these people locked up in max :

Scarecrow
Firefly
Two Face
Penguin
Stagg
Deacon Blackfire

ramyeon

You know what, I didn't mind the tank fights at first. But the high level stuff is a fucking joke. Such an exercise in frustration. I'm not even going to bother with any that are not part of the main story anymore.

Luigi87

I actually have 6 of those in lock up, the game says I need 4 to start Knightfall. Am I missing something or is it a bug? The game will not let me pick Knightfall from mission select. I have these people locked up in max :

Scarecrow
Firefly
Two Face
Penguin
Stagg
Deacon Blackfire

Hm,
Stagg
likely doesn't count due to being a story lockup, but at the very least you need 11/11.
Anyway, I don't think you can pick Knightfall until every single mission in the game is complete anyhow. 100% completion.

LiK

All Riddler stuff done on the three islands. Just two more locations. I'll do that tomorrow. Founder's took me way longer than expected...

Think I'm hosed. World map only one riddle challenge left yet Riddler himself and my quest tracker say I have two remaining. I remember a trophy that I thought disappeared after i broke the wall holding it hostage but I was hoping I imagined it and picked it uo without remembering

(Or I missed one at Ace Chemicals)

Luigi87

Think I'm hosed. World map only one riddle challenge left yet Riddler himself and my quest tracker say I have two remaining. I remember a trophy that I thought disappeared after i broke the wall holding it hostage but I was hoping I imagined it and picked it uo without remembering

(Or I missed one at Ace Chemicals)

In the bottom left of the map screen, it will show you how many Trophies, Breakables, and Riddles (and Hostages) are in the area. Just go over the six areas
Bleake, Miagani, Founders, Airship, Movie Studios, AK's Headquarters
and you will at least find out where it is supposed to be, even if you didn't get an informant to reveal the location.

There are none in Ace Chemicals, so you're good on that front.

Here is what I am missing. Can someone give me the name of Gotham City Stories si I can look up its respective trophy?

In the bottom left of the map screen, it will show you how many Trophies, Breakables, and Riddles (and Hostages) are in the area. Just go over the six areas
Bleake, Miagani, Founders, Airship, Movie Studios, AK's Headquarters
and you will at least find out where it is supposed to be, even if you didn't get an informant to reveal the location.

There are none in Ace Chemicals, so you're good on that front.

Yeah I think I'm screwed. i show zeroes across the board

Sober

Nah, the shock gloves were the most unbalanced OP gadget into the entire series. Turn them on, enemy type doesn't matter just start punching everything.
Pick up a weapon, enemy type doesn't matter anyway.
Here is what I am missing. Can someone give me the name of Gotham City Stories si I can look up its respective trophy?

Where is the actual missing trophy/riddle on the riddler board?

edit: vvvvv try that

Luigi87

Since it's an Gotham City Story, it's definitely a Riddle then.

Scan the Batmobile

I admittedly got that one by accident, lol

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Hm,
Stagg
likely doesn't count due to being a story lockup, but at the very least you need 11/11.
Anyway, I don't think you can pick Knightfall until every single mission in the game is complete anyhow. 100% completion.

Odd, the mission select menu says apprehend 4 of gothams most wanted to begin knightfall, but you're saying I have to get them all?

Solidsoul

Banned

PS4 version.

If you go back to the main menu where you select your saves you can hold down a button and load a back up save. There are 2 backup saves before your last one so you should be able to fix it. When you hover over your save the button prompt will be at the bottom. Hope this helps!

Luigi87

Odd, the mission select menu says apprehend 4 of gothams most wanted to begin knightfall, but you're saying I have to get them all?

Oh, apparently there is Incomplete Knightfall, and True Knightfall endings, the latter featuring more ending (an epilogue essentially).
I wasn't aware of the Incomplete one.

Sober

Man, I wish I hadn't uninstalled AC or AO. I'm just hankering for some actual challenge rooms. Don't think they will drop in the season pass soon enough.

And also man if those 6 things are the only thing in the season pass then LOL at custom skins and batmobile paint jobs being included.

Ame

Even if you no longer see them in game, you can always play them from the game menu (AR challenges).

That's the another problem I forgot to mention. If I go into the menu wheel in game, only one out of the six is unlocked. Even If I go to the main menu, it still says 1/6.

I'll start my NG+ run and see if they unlock again.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
If you go back to the main menu where you select your saves you can hold down a button and load a back up save. There are 2 backup saves before your last one so you should be able to fix it. When you hover over your save the button prompt will be at the bottom. Hope this helps!
Oh, cool. Thanks for letting me know. Had no idea about that.

I'll have to try it out tomorrow. Hope I can salvage this, as I was really enjoying the game.

Scarecrow
Firefly
Two Face
Penguin
Stagg
Deacon Blackfire

I think that number indicates how many more you need.

Man, I wish I hadn't uninstalled AC or AO. I'm just hankering for some actual challenge rooms. Don't think they will drop in the season pass soon enough.

And also man if those 6 things are the only thing in the season pass then LOL at custom skins and batmobile paint jobs being included.

It sounds like the DLC Batmobiles have unique abilities and challenges associated with them — e.g. Burton '89 'mobile has a Batman '89 challenge map. Wish they'd detail that soon though, I'm just guessing what they'll have in it exactly.

Batmobile takedown is basically just the same as a Dual-team Takedown, except using the car. It doesn't take away from your focus meter to do instant takedowns

The menu implies that you need a certain combo meter level to perform Batmobile instant take downs. Yet they are available to me immediately as long as the Batmobile is present. Amy I missing something?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The menu implies that you need a certain combo meter level to perform Batmobile instant take downs. Yet they are available to me immediately as long as the Batmobile is present. Amy I missing something?
You get one free one at the start of fights.

Luigi87

Much like Dual-team takedowns, it has its own circular meter that builds up when you attack enemies (however unlike the Combo Meter/Focus Gauge, it doesn't reset when you get hit or flub your combo). You can upgrade it to require less hits to fill.

Edit: And as stated above, you start with a free one.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

PS4 version.

Oof, that's rough. :\

I had the glitch where I fell through the world just like that, but luckily reloading put me back out.

malfcn

PS4 version.

Backup save? On Xbox One it says hold LB to show back ups. Check it on the saved game screen of your PS4?

Kahoona

So I beat it. Although I enjoyed it, it's definitely the weakest of the series for me. I don't understand why the game had almost ZERO boss fights when those were one of the best features of City.

So I beat it. Although I enjoyed it, it's definitely the weakest of the series for me. I don't understand why the game had almost ZERO boss fights when those were one of the best features of City.

I expected more on the boss battle front.
Those two tank fights against the arkham knight and deadshot were meh. The red hood fight wasn't that great either.

Arkham Asylum had the way more boss battles. City had them too but it was still lower than AA. The sequences in AC led you to believe there's going to be a boss fight, but it would end up being a cutscene. Classic Example: When Batman returns after destroying all titan cylinders to Bane, Bane says he's got one sample still with him and he intends to use, immediately Batman uses his Batarang and traps inside a cell, and that's it. Just when you thought there's going to be a cool boss fight.

ramyeon

I really hope these drone battles don't continue to make me want to quit this game. I loved it so much but they're so frustrating :/
Trying to do the one with Ivy after waking up the second plant after Cloudburst got set off and it sucks. Poor visibility and general chaos.

How many more of these do I have to slog through?

Kahoona

Arkham Asylum had the way more boss battles. City had them too but it was still lower than AA. The sequences in AC led you to believe there's going to be a boss fight, but it would end up being a cutscene. Classic Example: When Batman returns after destroying all titan cylinders to Bane, Bane says he's got one sample still with him and he intends to use, immediately Batman uses his Batarang and traps inside a cell, and that's it. Just when you thought there's going to be a cool boss fight.

Yeah, but you also got fights like Mr Freeze, Ras Al Ghul, Solomon Grundy, Poison Ivy, Clayface, etc.

In Knight, aside from a few lame Batmobile fights and
the Arkham Knight fight
, I can't really think of any others...I guess there's a Riddler fight that only crazy people would be able to see.

Chitown B

what's bullshit during fights is there is no way to counter "red lightning bolt" guys. You can MAYBE flip off them but then the guy you are fighting just gets away and you have to start over. If you're near the end of a combo it's bullshit that you have no recourse.

Prophane33

what's bullshit during fights is there is no way to counter "red lightning bolt" guys. You can MAYBE flip off them but then the guy you are fighting just gets away and you have to start over. If you're near the end of a combo it's bullshit that you have no recourse.

I thought you just tapped L2 (or was it L1?) to batarang them.

Top Bottom