• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Roll on batgirl DLC.

aFFdY0h.jpg

Jebus. Honestly, did you enjoy doing the required stuff to get the platinum or did you just want the trophy and worked for it?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jebus. Honestly, did you enjoy doing the required stuff to get the platinum or did you just want the trophy and worked for it?

I got the platinum a few days ago and thought it was fine. The worst one to me was the batmobile jumps simply due to the game not really having ingame means to support something like that(i.e. no distance traveled off a jump, and a lot of the ramps lead to sketchy ass jumps).

I got everything in Asylum and Knight but not City and Origins, those two were too much of a grind.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
I got the platinum a few days ago and thought it was fine. The worst one to me was the batmobile jumps simply due to the game not really having ingame means to support something like that(i.e. no distance traveled off a jump, and a lot of the ramps lead to sketchy ass jumps).

I got everything in Asylum and Knight but not City and Origins, those two were too much of a grind.

"Thought it as fine" as in not a platinum that almost made you tear your hair out?

My realization path on this game went: "Oh, shit... that 100% ending is actually pretty enticing, maybe I should platinum this game..." to "wait, I have to get every Riddler trophy?" to "wait, wait ... if I get the 100% ending, that's not the platinum?"

I just don't replay games. Especially ones like the Arkham series. It's a really fun romp, but I'm done after one go.

I guess different strokes.

"Thought it as fine" as in not a platinum that almost made you tear your hair out?

My realization path on this game went: "Oh, shit... that 100% ending is actually pretty enticing, maybe I should platinum this game..." to "wait, I have to get every Riddler trophy?" to "wait, wait ... if I get the 100% ending, that's not the platinum?"

I just don't replay games. Especially ones like the Arkham series. It's a really fun romp, but I'm done after one go.

City would've driven you insane then. I've almost got all the trophies after just doing everything in the main game — the only frustrating part (outside of the five achievements I have left) was the Riddler riddles that are just one small thing you have to find in a large area on in the city.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah, in the grand scheme I thought it was an easy platinum tbh, compared to most anyway.

But I do like going for 100% in a lot of games and even the NG+ didn't take that long for me.

Is there a trophy for standing around the
Talia exhibit
for a long time? I've noticed that often, when games give you that one sequence where you have to make an input to end it, there's a trophy for you doing nothing for a long time. Is that the case with this one?

Robert7lee

Neo Member
Trying to collect riddler trophies/puzzles, and looking for the green guys who reveal them on the ma, can't seem to find anymore of them on Blake island and I still have trophies in the studio and a couple on the map itself, are there certain spot these guys spawn?

Regarding the platinum trophy, how does the difficulty of the challenges compare with Arkham city?

The toughest thing in city was the riddler campaign challenges, having to meet all the requirements in 3 maps in a row. I think you get 3 retries, I remember my heart was pounding on the final predator challenge.

Caode

I really only got frustrated with the Brutality 101 trophy (perform 15 different combat moves in one freeflow) other than that, most of the in game stuff didn't bother me too much, found the batmobile stuff tedious but not to the point where I wouldn't complete everything.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Anyone with the PS4 version can add me: psn = Creamium. Always fun to have more people in the AR leaderboards, gives me more incentive to do better

squadr0n

Hey guys, im stuck at the top of an elevator with a turret at the bottom that kills me everytime I drop down, What do I do? lol

Spoliers for where im at in the story:
I was tracking Gordon after he transmitted through the SWAT channel and followed him to where he gets captured. Had to use the Batmobile to lower this huge disk and now im stuck trying to get back to enter this opening only the Batmobile could open for me.

Answer:
When in doubt use the car lol, no actually the Joker is the one that had to tell me what to do damnit. I had the car down too low.

Caode

Hey guys, im stuck at the top of an elevator with a turret at the bottom that kills me everytime I drop down, What do I do? lol

I was tracking Gordon after he transmitted through the SWAT channel and followed him to where he gets captured. Had to use the Batmobile to lower this huge disk and now im stuck trying to get back to enter this opening only the Batmobile could open for me.

You should have all of the fans stopped by now, you can lower the batmobile down to that level with the batmobile remote control, drive in and destroy the turret using it's cannon

Use the remote control for the batmobile and use that to blow up the turret

Magnus

I'm at 70% on the main 'mission', and looking forward to trying to finish at least that tonight. I've played about 12 or 13 hours and gunned it straight on the mission, with barely any other stuff, mostly out of fear of spoilers - just wanna get it DONE. (Getting to only play 30-60 mins a day sucks)

Having so much fun. The first Arkham game for me where I've played more than 2 hours in. Such a gorgeous game. The Batmobile is so fucking great.

Arcipello

GAME BREAKING BUG ALERT!!!!

this is on the PS4

just had this happen to me on the
Cloudburst tank battle

basically in the last phase i died and when i reloaded the arkham knight is not there at all, leaving me to roam the empty streets for eternity and unable to continue the game. i only have this one save and if im not able to continue that is it for me!

tried reloading, restarting, rebooting etc etc

im totally at a loss as to what to do now :(

Caode

this is on the PS4

Cloudburst tank battle

basically in the last phase i died and when i reloaded the arkham knight is not there at all, leaving me to roam the empty streets for eternity and unable to continue the game. i only have this one save and if im not able to continue that is it for me!

The game automatically stores a backup save from just prior to your current save, if you go to the menu to load your game, hold L1 I think it is, it'll tell you on screen anyway, and you can load up your previous save.

Alienous

this is on the PS4

Cloudburst tank battle

Hold L1 at the save menu?

Apparently you can access back-up saves that way?

GeoGonzo

Is there a trophy for standing around the
Talia exhibit
for a long time? I've noticed that often, when games give you that one sequence where you have to make an input to end it, there's a trophy for you doing nothing for a long time. Is that the case with this one?

Hah! But no, not this time.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Ok this riddler batmobile forensic scanning bullshit near the bank of gotham is ridiculous. It might be bugged because the trophies don't show up when I get to the past the bridge. All of online guides are terrible because they don't specify where it is in their 40 minute videos.

Alienous

Ok this riddler batmobile forensic scanning bullshit near the bank of gotham is ridiculous. It might be bugged because the trophies don't show up when I get to the past the bridge. All of online guides are terrible because they don't specify where it is in their 40 minute videos.

Try NukemDukem's. Was really good for me.

Luigi87

What the fuck is up with the tower full of the
miniguns
dude. Seriously. How the fuck am I supposed to take care of like 4 of them?

Utilize things that can instant takedown, like blowing a up generators, or disrupting ammo caches.
You can also disrupt their weapons, though going hand to hand with them requires going through that attack-counter QTE.

Crossing Eden

Try NukemDukem's. Was really good for me.
It's killing me, i'm usually quite lenient with this kinda stuff but this forensic scanning nonsense is not fun in anyway shape or form, at all, in fact, I actually love the batmobile gameplay, but this is so frustrating. Riddler legitimately needs to die, he's not even committing crimes at this point, he's trolling, he's fucking trolling me and it's working. Some invisible paint nonsense, ok, how in the world did you know that I would even have the batmobile?! You JUST got TB of data from a race so how did you know? Did you read the script? :mad:

It's killing me, i'm usually quite lenient with this kinda stuff but this forensic scanning nonsense is not fun in anyway shape or form, at all, in fact, I actually love the batmobile gameplay, but this is so frustrating. Riddler legitimately needs to die, he's not even committing crimes at this point, he's trolling, he's fucking trolling me and it's working. Some invisible paint nonsense, ok, how in the world did you know that I would even have the batmobile?! You JUST got TB of data from a race so how did you know? Did you read the script? :mad:

That one sucks but all you need to do is eject up on the bridge when it stops under the bridge. Call the batmobile and start scanning near the edge of the last riddler icon. If you take too long the icons start to disappear.

Crossing Eden

That one sucks but all you need to do is eject up on the bridge when it stops under the bridge. Call the batmobile and start scanning near the edge of the last riddler icon. If you take too long the icons start to disappear.
Thank you that was the solution, shot the circle now where's the trophy?

EDIT:Found it, because that tiny ass window was super easy to see, fuck Riddler.

Utilize things that can instant takedown, like blowing a up generators, or disrupting ammo caches.
You can also disrupt their weapons, though going hand to hand with them requires going through that attack-counter QTE.

there was only one insta-takedown item. The rest of them I had to wait for ages for my gun to reload so I could temporarily take down their weapons, then attack when they're separted so I had time to take them down. That shit was unnecessary and overkill.

Crossing Eden

And another puzzle driving me nuts.
"I bet you weren't invited to this lavish do, I wonder how many went dress up as you?"
Every door is locked

EDIT:Found it. Windows.

Caode

I only need to get the all predator takedowns, glide under bridges, 8 leaps of faith and 5 drone tank perfect shots. I think the leaps and drone tank trophies have glitched D:

The drone tank one was probably one of the more annoying one's to get. I thought the bridges one would be really tough but you'd be surprised by just how long you can maintain momentum in a single glide, as long as you time your dives fairly well when gliding. Turned out to be really easy.

I would agree that there's something up with the leaps one though, I had to go around all the big jumps a few times before it popped, and the one it finally popped on, I didn't travel anywhere near as far as I had on that jump before.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The drone tank one was probably one of the more annoying one's to get. I thought the bridges one would be really tough but you'd be surprised by just how long you can maintain momentum in a single glide, as long as you time your dives fairly well when gliding. Turned out to be really easy.

I would agree that there's something up with the leaps one though, I had to go around all the big jumps a few times before it popped, and the one it finally popped on, I didn't travel anywhere near as far as I had on that jump before.

Yeah, its one of the dumber trophies.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Tip for those trying to get the 5 Perfect shots trophy:

I found it easier to do it on Untouchable for the simple fact that the tanks remain stationary AND you will fail if you get hit.

The combat in Knightmare mode is seriously not fun. Camera makes it very easy to miss counters in large encounters without any indicators.

Grady

Tip for those trying to get the 5 Perfect shots trophy:

I found it easier to do it on Untouchable for the simple fact that the tanks remain stationary AND you will fail if you get hit.

I got it at a barricade in the game that had 6 stationary missle drones. Took advantage of that situation and took about 30 minutes yo get it.

Tansut

So there's a Riddler trophy in Ryker Heights near the zepplins that I have no idea how to do. You're surrounded by green electric fencing. You use the Batmobile to open the door, and there's a green tile to stand on to open the trap holding the trophy and a rectangle of red tiles. I have to be on the green tile to get to the trophy but I have no idea how to reach it.

Help?

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm noticing that there's sometime an grapnel icon over lamposts when I'm driving around with the Batmobile. I feel like I remember the devs saying a long time ago you could use the cable to turn around corners or something?

Not seeing anything in the controls about that.

Top Bottom