• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Akai__

So there's a Riddler trophy in Ryker Heights near the zepplins that I have no idea how to do. You're surrounded by green electric fencing. You use the Batmobile to open the door, and there's a green tile to stand on to open the trap holding the trophy and a rectangle of red tiles. I have to be on the green tile to get to the trophy but I have no idea how to reach it.

Help?

Once you stand on the green platform, you enter remote Batmobile and let go of the wall. When the box is closed, you use your line launcher to get to the other side using the now closed wall.

So I'm noticing that there's sometime an grapnel icon over lamposts when I'm driving around with the Batmobile. I feel like I remember the devs saying a long time ago you could use the cable to turn around corners or something?

Not seeing anything in the controls about that.

Haven't seen that. What does RB/R1 do while in pursuit mode normally?

This might be a feature for the Burton Batmobile in the DLC (if that one is featured).

Tansut

Once you stand on the green platform, you enter remote Batmobile and let go of the wall. When the box is closed, you use your line launcher to get to the other side using the now closed wall.
Basically I had the right idea, just not in the right order. I feel like a dummy now, but thanks.

I'm reaching the point in the game I'm finding it exhausting which honestly I doubt I'm more than a couple of missions away from finishing the main mission but I still need to get rid of all of the bombs. Fucking a. Tomorrow I'll do that and the day after I might just finish the missions.

I don't think I reached a moment of exhaustion with either of the other two games, which probably means this game is just a tad more Batman than I would want personally.

I really do hope Rocksteady goes elsewhere for a bit. I don't think they necessarily have to stick with comics.

I'm reaching the point in the game I'm finding it exhausting which honestly I doubt I'm more than a couple of missions away from finishing the main mission but I still need to get rid of all of the bombs. Fucking a. Tomorrow I'll do that and the day after I might just finish the missions.

I don't think I reached a moment of exhaustion with either of the other two games, which probably means this game is just a tad more Batman than I would want personally.

I really do hope Rocksteady goes elsewhere for a bit. I don't think they necessarily have to stick with comics.

You can skip the side missions and still finish the main game. Bombs are optional. Anything on the mission wheel that isn't the green exclamation mark is optional. All you get is a cutscene for 100%, and it's the same for the non 100% ending.

there was only one insta-takedown item. The rest of them I had to wait for ages for my gun to reload so I could temporarily take down their weapons, then attack when they're separted so I had time to take them down. That shit was unnecessary and overkill.

There's 2 insta-takedowns, generator and exploding wall. Then disable the minigun on the guarding brute and QTE the other guy. Use smoke if you need more time to finish him and escape.

GeoGonzo

There's 2 insta-takedowns, generator and exploding wall. Then disable the minigun on the guarding brute and QTE the other guy. Use smoke if you need more time to finish him and escape.
There's also an electricity box thing for a contextual takedown, and as someone else said you can also electrocute an ammo box and then ask a minigunner to check it out.

There's also an electricity box thing for a contextual takedown, and as someone else said you can also electrocute an ammo box and then ask a minigunner to check it out.

Man, you can go through the entire game multiple times and still miss out gameplay details like this. Its almost like a Souls series at this point.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The amount of animation that they produced for you know who, not just for scripted moments but for random positions in the environment is pretty insane.

Kind of weird moment for me when you find out from the firefighters who started the fires

Especially since I had
already done all the firefly side missions first

Gotta focus on the main missions ...

Finally finished the story, albeit riddler missions, so I've started to venture into this thread. Loved the story. Kept me on edge tho a couple things were very predictable.

I'm in a very love hate relationship with the Batmobile. Infuriating to navigate precisely, but fun to plow through the streets with.

I'm playing on PS4 and the game looks amazing overall but there were graphical hiccups occurring in the later portions of the game that were distracting (I.e. Aggressive pop in, screen tearing during in game scenes). Has that been noticed by others?

Gonna do riddler stuff tomorrow and hopefully start New Game + by this weekend.

leng jai

Making players 100% the game including all the Riddler trophies to get the
true ending
has to be most asinine decision ever.

Catdaddy

After playing this now that I’ve finished Witcher 3; I see what everyone is talking about with the overuse of the Batmobile. Then I went and started the Riddler missions, and after a couple of those, promptly decided to work on my backlog. I also realized, I may be “open-worlded” out, so may go back and finish some of them there linear games.

That isn't how that works.

Actually if they feel like the Batmobile sections take up a lot of time than they actually do then that says something about how boring they might be; 'When I'm doing a Bat-Tank section I'm aware of the time a lot more than when I'm having fun doing the other things'. Going "but the stopwatch says..." means nothing, unless you assume many people are maliciously lying about their impressions of the same element of a game for ... what reason?

Late tesponse but let me say, this is wrong.

When someone who hasn't touched the game comes in here and asks how much of the batmobile segments compromise the game and the response, as it has been, is "quite a bit", then you are deliberately misguiding and giving false information at face value. If you don't like something, say you don't like it and why. Don't pull "it takes a lot of time and makes up majority of the game" straws out of your hat. There is a right way to express your disdain without misleading others.

On the flip side, I don't love the story so much that I'll lie how it took me an hour to beat it because time flew while I had fun. Nonsense

Bought the game because of the bomba prices it now has. 20 euros lol. I have to wait for a patch though cause it won't run properly. Even at higher than recommended specs, the framerate drops to 0 frequently. Doesn't even matter what's on screen.

Alienous

Late tesponse but let me say, this is wrong.

When someone who hasn't touched the game comes in here and asks how much of the batmobile segments compromise the game and the response, as it has been, is "quite a bit", then you are deliberately misguiding and giving false information at face value. If you don't like something, say you don't like it and why. Don't pull "it takes a lot of time and makes up majority of the game" straws out of your hat. There is a right way to express your disdain without misleading others.

On the flip side, I don't love the story so much that I'll lie how it took me an hour to beat it because time flew while I had fun. Nonsense

No, you're wrong, particularly with the bolded.

We aren't mechanical like that. So opinions on how much time something feels like it takes up means more than some objective measure of time, particularly in an interactive medium. Someone going "No, there's actually 1 hour and 14 minutes of the Bat-Tank" is discounted by the fact that the time will differ person to person anyway. Saying "the Batmobile takes up too much of the time played" is only invalid if you assume that the person saying that is intentionally trying to be malicious towards the game and mislead people.

Anyway who's saying something like "51+% of the game is the Batmobile"? I haven't seen any of that. I've seen people talk about it taking up more time than they'd like, though, and that subjective opinion provides more useful information than keeping time with a stopwatch. Because people don't typically play games keeping with a stopwatch. It's about the experience as a whole, and "it felt like I did X amount of this" describes a person's own experience.

Itachi87

Was really hoping for a more traditional hand-to-hand fight with
Deathstroke
, but surprise surprise it was another tank battle.

When someone who hasn't touched the game comes in here and asks how much of the batmobile segments compromise the game and the response, as it has been, is "quite a bit", then you are deliberately misguiding and giving false information at face value...

see this:

Was really hoping for a more traditional hand-to-hand fight with
Deathstroke
, but surprise surprise it was another tank battle...

now: what part of 'making nearly every boss battle batmobile-related compromises the game quite a bit' don't you understand? :) ...

No, you're wrong, particularly with the bolded. .

Nope, I'm not and not everyone is going to leave their psychology classes with baseless surveys such as what posters 'might' mean when they type things on a forum. You are assuming a lot about people you do not know so this renders that point irrelevant. No one cares.

Yes, it IS misleading to suggest "quite a bit". Because when you say this, to your point, everyone is going to have a different interpretation of what "quite a bit" means. It is better to do your best to quantify such a statement than to leave it open for interpretation, even if everyone's mileage will vary, which it always does. It's no different when someone says X game took me Y hours to beat. It happens but the anecdote is at least clear and narrowed down.

If someone wants to continue to express how it felt like it took a lot of their time, to your point, it would be best to simply offer that expression as a caveat. "Well, I personally hated it and think it took up more time than I would have liked due to X,Y and Z reasons".

In general, answering a closed ended question with an open ended answer is nonsense and does not help.

We aren't mechanical like that.

We also aren't all the same. Present the facts and let people make the judgement for themselves. Your opinion is the result of factors beyond the game itself. If you hate shooting in general, you could tell someone there's too much shooting in the best TPS ever made.

You may not see it, but with any popular game, you get people who state their opinion/exaggerations as fact, and not merely in a "this is awesome/terrible" way, but presenting it under the guise of being objective. You also get people who take others at their word, who trust the opinions of others on a game forum such as this one.

I'm reminded of GAF user Totobeni who adamantly trashes Yakuza 4 despite liking the previous games in the series — Yakuza 4 is exceptionally similar to every other Yakuza game, and makes some objective improvements to the series' formula. He essentially outright lies about aspects of the game, and I've had to stop a couple other users from skipping 4 because of that garbage. Who knows who else was led astray because of one user who can't muster the self-control to keep their own personal tastes in check when discussing something others may be experiencing.

You can value subjective opinions in these discussions, but that shouldn't supersede facts. Leaving out info is passively misleading, which is still a problem. Why anyone would defend that, or even believe subjective opinion is under attack here, is beyond me.

hbkdx12

Finished this yesterday.

I think the endgame (last hr or so) is just absolutely fantastic. It was such a high mark for the story and the series as a whole that it more than made up for the few frustrating moments with the batmobile.

I felt Origins had the best story of the batman games and that was in large part due to the one scene where Joker is in (Origin spoilers)
a therapy session with Harley and your playing as Joker and he has a monologue about his relationship with batman and how much they need each other and the way he's explaining it, he's vague enough where Harley thinks Joker is talking about her and she starts falling for him
. I thought it was masterful how that was done and it plays to both sides of the coin in regards to how he views his relationship with batman while being completely manipulative at the same time.

But the endgame here (spoilers)
where Batman pretty much succumbs to his fears of the joker and is pretty much eliminated until Scarecrow injects him again, not realizing that Batman was no more thus allowing Joker's fears to spread and the batman to re emerge was amazing. I can't say enough good things about that part. Easily the best story beat in the entire Batman/Arkham series without a doubt IMO. When he did the "I am Vengence. I am Night, I am Batman"
I was just grinning ear to ear cuz it was just so awesome.

Of the Arkham games, i'm not sure why people are suggesting this is the worst story. AK's story seemed like what AC's story should have been which was a focused story (like Asylum) but just on a bigger scale. I will say that i think the whole arkham knight angle is weak and pulls the story down especially considering about halfway through they start to beat you over the head with who it could be.
The Joker
does feel shoehorned initially but i grew to appreciate his presence and how he's incorporated into the later half of the game

Of the batmobile sections, the only 2 i hated where the riddler races and the first
part of the cloudburst tank where it was hit and run
. I didn't mind the tank battles at all. Not even the cobra tanks. Other than that, i thought the batmobile was a fantastic addition and enjoyed some of the innovative ways it was incorporated into the game and felt like an extension of batman; like just another awesome gadget of his.

Fantastic game. I don't know if i'd say the Arkham games are the best trilogy ever but I think this is a great way to handle the last game in the trilogy. For everything the game doesn't do well, there's 10 things that it just absolutely nails.

Now back to the witcher 3 :)

Zakalwe

Banned
We also aren't all the same. Present the facts and let people make the judgement for themselves. Your opinion is the result of factors beyond the game itself. If you hate shooting in general, you could tell someone there's too much shooting in the best TPS ever made.

The user's emotional reaction is just as important as the objective facts when it comes to relaying opinion about a game.

And there very well could be too much shooting in a TPS, if that's all there is then it some may think it's too one dimensional, it would be a valid critique.

Just as it's valid to say there's too much Batmobile in this game. It doesn't matter how much there is if enough people dislike the mechanic to the point it feels like a drag every time they engage with it.

You can value subjective opinions in these discussions, but that shouldn't supersede facts. Leaving out info is passively misleading, which is still a problem. Why anyone would defend that, or even believe subjective opinion is under attack here, is beyond me.

Who's superseding facts?

Subjective opinion is under attack here, you're stating that people making the claim I did above are wrong because their feeling that the Batmobile is used too much doesn't trump the objective amount it is actually used when it's a valid opinion to have.

It's not ignoring the facts, it's stating that their opinion is the game doesn't feel well paced in terms of its mechanics, or that certain mechanics are so boring to interact with that the game drags because of them.

GravyButt

So im about 50% through the actual main story but decided to hit the watchtowers because I enjoy them. It says im 55% done with the watchtowers in the mission screen. But I have gotten them all incept for 0/1 on bleak island (think thats the starting island) and I cannot find it anywhere. Is it part of the main story? Its driving me nuts.

Its 5/5 0/1 7/7 if i recall where im at

Alienous

I really don't understand taking little jabs at each other, some people like it, some don't. Let's all accept that shit and move on.

I'm talking about an argument that was made, not the Batmobile. The argument being that comments like the one I quoted should be prefaced with a "well I personally thought it was a drag because of X, Y and Z".

I'm talking about an argument that was made, not the Batmobile. The argument being that comments like the one I quoted should be prefaced with a "well I personally thought it was a drag because of X, Y and Z".

Ignore me then, I just read the context, I thought we were still going on the Batmobile haha

Any quick way to
activate Knightfall?\fastest criminals to catch etc..I think I need 3 more.
I'm kinda done with this game but I would like to wrap it up so to speak.

Alienous

Any quick way to
activate Knightfall?\fastest criminals to catch etc..I think I need 3 more.
I'm kinda done with this game but I would like to wrap it up so to speak.

It depends on the ones you have. Riddler will take the longest amount of time, and the Arkham Knight forces related ones (towers, road blocks, bombs) will probably take the next longest amount of time.

The other side-missions don't really take too long if you can find their start points.

It depends on the ones you have. Riddler will take the longest amount of time, and the Arkham Knight forces related ones (towers, road blocks, bombs) will probably take the next longest amount of time.

The other side-missions don't really take too long if you can find their start points.

I've done
penguin \twoface\bat doctor\pyro flying jetpack man
off the top of my head. Sounds like I'll be avoiding the Riddler. I've got most of the opera music killer bodies found so I'll probably do that one next I guess. Is there a trick to get the other ones to start or is it just location related?

OMG that's so much easier than what I did. I went to the top of a nearby building, glided off, dive bombed in front of the box and glided across the red panels.Never occurred to me to close the wall!

The user's emotional reaction is just as important as the objective facts when it comes to relaying opinion about a game.

And there very well could be too much shooting in a TPS, if that's all there is then it some may think it's too one dimensional, it would be a valid critique.

Just as it's valid to say there's too much Batmobile in this game. It doesn't matter how much there is if enough people dislike the mechanic to the point it feels like a drag every time they engage with it.

Who's superseding facts?

Subjective opinion is under attack here, you're stating that people making the claim I did above are wrong because their feeling that the Batmobile is used too much doesn't trump the objective amount it is actually used when it's a valid opinion to have.

It's not ignoring the facts, it's stating that their opinion is the game doesn't feel well paced in terms of its mechanics, or that certain mechanics are so boring to interact with that the game drags because of them.

In what universe is a misleading opinion a valid one to have? The validity of a statement is not protected on the basis of it being an opinion.

To the bolded, that's how you state a valid concern. However, that is not what we are discussing here.

Here's an example of an exchange. The responder should not surprise you and it came from a poster who just a few posts earlier said these type of statements were not being made.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169893350&postcount=4203

Completely forgot walls can be used. Regardless there won't be a next time I did it already. Somebody else suggested getting them to check a weapons crate but they refuse to with voice synthesizer. And it makes sense in the context of the voice lol

hbkdx12

So im about 50% through the actual main story but decided to hit the watchtowers because I enjoy them. It says im 55% done with the watchtowers in the mission screen. But I have gotten them all incept for 0/1 on bleak island (think thats the starting island) and I cannot find it anywhere. Is it part of the main story? Its driving me nuts.

Its 5/5 0/1 7/7 if i recall where im at

More unlock as you advance the story

Top Bottom