• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

What about those missiles he shoots at the cars sometimes? How exactly does he ensure that those missiles only hit the armored parts of the cars and never kills anybody in them?

Is it possible to have non-lethal homing missiles?

What about when I'm driving through the city in a rush, chasing something down? How can I be sure that all the people on the streets are athletic and attentive enough to dodge my Batmobile every single time I drift around and smash through railings and pillars?

What about those missiles he shoots at the cars sometimes? How exactly does he ensure that those missiles only hit the armored parts of the cars and never kills anybody in them?

Is it possible to have non-lethal homing missiles?

What about when I'm driving through the city in a rush, chasing something down? How can I be sure that all the people on the streets are athletic and attentive enough to dodge my Batmobile every single time I drift around and smash through railings and pillars?

everytime the Batmobile or its weapons touch an enemy car, nanomachines are passed to the car, travel inside it and form cushioning around every person, shielding them from fatal trauma/fire.

Even when you ram them off of a bridge and into the water, as I did the other day.

Kind of a cheap shot though. If you start applying real-world logics to this game and its story everything falls apart extremely fast.

Same goes with 99% of all videogames.

It wouldn't be that hard to find ways.

Like, instead of a big ass 60mm cannon and explosive missiles, you could just have Batman use some kind of sci-fi EMP cannon to disable the tanks and cars. Then it doesn't matter if they're drones or manned. EMP takes them out without harming any lives.

See, I just came up with this shit on the fly in about 30 seconds. Rocksteady, call me.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So how do I do the scarecrow nightmare stuff?
Select it from the menu or find them in the world, pretty sure they're on bridges. So far i've gotten four questlines down, but then something weird starting happening, alpha effects started flickering and the game kept locking up briefly then it just froze. ._. Don't break my ps4 Batman.

Alienous

So they explain how/where the Arkham Knight got the money to do all this?

Sort of, in an audio tape.

The Arkham Knight asks Scarecrow for $3 billion to build/buy his army. Scarecrow gets the money from Penguin, Two-Face, Riddler and Harley Quinn (somehow).

v0mitg0d

What's the best way to approach this game? I was told to finish the main story and then hit up all the side content. True?

Alienous

What's the best way to approach this game? I was told to finish the main story and then hit up all the side content. True?

I balanced my playtime between the two. If I thought I was going through the story too quickly I did a couple of side-missions.

I like doing some side content stuff in between main story missions. Like, every once in a while I'll go off and do a "Chase down and destroy a Lieutenant van" side mission.

Only problem is that some of the side missions are located on islands that don't have bridge access yet, so you're just stuck at the raised bridge wondering why you drove all the way there.

hbkdx12

There's no wrong way to play it but the game locks some sidequest progression behind the story and then at certain points in the story it will blantantly tell you that maybe you should go do some sidequests.

So i would say play it the way it's presented to you to be honest if you don't want to lean to heavily into one or the other.

Eventually when you get to the final mission, you'll need to have majority of the sidequests completed anyway so might as well do them along the way.

Plus sidequests are how you get the bulk of your upgrade points

Neiteio

Firefly sounds like Bill Hader with a southern accent.

I beat the game, enjoyed the experience, but have no desire to go back and do riddles and all that shit. I just don't have the time or the inclination.
I've ben cleaning up the Riddles. It's more doable than you think. There are guides that have the map coordinates for each one, so you find them with ease. At that point, none of them are particularly hard to do, at least so far. They all seem to have a trick. Like using the multi-rockets to take out multiple wall switches at once as the Batmobile. Or ejecting out of the Batmobile and gliding when you need to get to certain Riddler trophies within the time limit.

SJRB

Gold Member

The Arkham Knight asks Scarecrow for $3 billion to build/buy his army. Scarecrow gets the money from Penguin, Two-Face, Riddler and Harley Quinn (somehow).

I TOTALLY expected
R'as Al Ghul, Talia and Bane to show up with the League of Shadows
as the operating-from-the-shadows sponsors of the operation. Or maybe even the Court of Owls, for a fresh twist.

I was kinda disappointed that they weren't in, and also that the story doesn't bother to explain where all the money came from [aside from the tape].

graffix13

If I complete the AR Challenges from the menu (as opposed from finding them and playing them from the open world) the xp will carry over to my main campaign, correct?

I'm sure the answer is yes but I wanted to confirm.

stephen08

I've completed the game in its entirety. Platinum trophy, 200%, all AR challenges, the works. What has got me perplexed is that I am still missing a skin in the showcase. Any idea what it is for? I'm on PS4 so it is none of the following:

-Adam West Skin
-New 52 skins
-Flashpoint skin
-Anime Skin

I don't think it is tied to either the Batman Beyond skin or the DKR skin either as there is only the one open slot.

Does anyone have a full unlocked set of character skins?

If I complete the AR Challenges from the menu (as opposed from finding them and playing them from the open world) the xp will carry over to my main campaign, correct?

I'm sure the answer is yes but I wanted to confirm.

It carries over regardless. All levels and unlocks carryover across the entire save file so main game, AR challenges, and New Game Plus.

Except that the batmobile absolutely is a critical and significant part of the game. It takes up a large portion of the game and many sections of the game require its use and mastery. There is absolutely no escaping and minimizing its use. I'd say a good 30% of the game involves the use of. That's not the majority of the time, but it is absolutely positively a significant amount of time and can easily be a deterrent for people who don't like it.

I would find it far more misleading to say that the batmobile time is very small and insignificant. But I wholeheartedly endorse the notion that the batmobile can suck and can seriously damper people's enthusiasm.

I don't know with the amount of sidequest stuff that uses it and how long some of them take, plus the huge sections of storyline that require it, I'd put it closer to 40something% of the game takes place in the batmobile. Then there's the issue of how many boss fights are in the batmobile vs how many are out. Batmobile definitely outweighs the other here.

It's a good bit of the game and if you don't like it, it drags the entire experience down. Specially when all that later batmobile sections give you is more and more drones. I'm trying to do one of the
bomb in the road sections
and they're throwing 48 drones at me in this tiny little area. Its not fun, and just ridiculously tedious.

It's a good bit of the game and if you don't like it, it drags the entire experience down. Specially when all that later batmobile sections give you is more and more drones. I'm trying to do one of the
bomb in the road sections
and they're throwing 48 drones at me in this tiny little area. Its not fun, and just ridiculously tedious.

The bomb side missions are optional and only count toward the extra ending(s). I would skip it if I wasn't having fun with it.

Chitown B

I can't seem to get the final bomb or checkpoint to show up. I only need one more of both and they just won't come. Only have a few firefighters and the riddler's stuff left.

Ramenman

It wouldn't be that hard to find ways.

Like, instead of a big ass 60mm cannon and explosive missiles, you could just have Batman use some kind of sci-fi EMP cannon to disable the tanks and cars. Then it doesn't matter if they're drones or manned. EMP takes them out without harming any lives.

See, I just came up with this shit on the fly in about 30 seconds. Rocksteady, call me.

An idea they probably had, and then they realized that having the things actually explode and be destroyed is (1) way more rewarding and fun (2) way more practical because it unspawns the vehicle else you'd have dozens of emp'd drone corpses littering the battlefield a few seconds in the fight which doesn't bode well for controlling the batmobile when you have to keep fighting and dodging with all that shit on the ground.

Just came up with that in 27 seconds.
Rocksteady should call me, not you !

An idea they probably had, and then they realized that having the things actually explode and be destroyed is (1) way more rewarding and fun (2) way more practical because it unspawns the vehicle else you'd have dozens of emp'd drone corpses littering the battlefield a few seconds in the fight which doesn't bode well for controlling the batmobile when you have to keep fighting and dodging with all that shit on the ground.

Just came up with that in 27 seconds.
Rocksteady should call me, not you !

Except they could just have a GCPD tow truck come in and tow the vehicles away, despawning them.

Rocksteady, call me asap.

What is a "Critical Shot"? I'm supposed to get three of them in a tank battle to unlock another boring AR tank challenge, but I can't seem to unlock it, even though most of my shots are one-hit kills for hitting the turret?

What is a "Critical Shot"? I'm supposed to get three of them in a tank battle to unlock another boring AR tank challenge, but I can't seem to unlock it, even though most of my shots are one-hit kills for hitting the turret?

It's shooting the light tanks in the lit-up spot with the turret which blows them up immediately.

If you think it's boring, why try to unlock another though?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Use the machine gun, and make your first bullet count.

It's shooting the light tanks in the lit-up spot with the turret which blows them up immediately.

If you think it's boring, why try to unlock another though?
I think the tank parts are boring, but that's not going to stop me from getting a Platinum trophy and/or playing through all the game's content.

Use the machine gun, and make your first bullet count.
Oh. I didn't even know you could blow up drones without using the 60mm cannon.

I've completed the game in its entirety. Platinum trophy, 200%, all AR challenges, the works. What has got me perplexed is that I am still missing a skin in the showcase. Any idea what it is for? I'm on PS4 so it is none of the following:

-Adam West Skin
-New 52 skins
-Flashpoint skin
-Anime Skin

I don't think it is tied to either the Batman Beyond skin or the DKR skin either as there is only the one open slot.

Does anyone have a full unlocked set of character skins?

It carries over regardless. All levels and unlocks carryover across the entire save file so main game, AR challenges, and New Game Plus.
There's also the First Batman skin and Earth 2 Batman. I have both of those and still have that extra missing slot. They'll patch it, I'm sure.

Munki

100%'ed it last night. Wish there was a bit more to the final ending...

ooof, that was the last thing I wanted to here. I'm currently at 96%, trying to plough through the riddler trophies but its a struggle... Hearing that is killing the little motivation I have to get 100%.

ooof, that was the last thing I wanted to here. I'm currently at 96%, trying to plough through the riddler trophies but its a struggle... Hearing that is killing the little motivation I have to get 100%.

It's the most amazing ending in the world.

; - ;

Chitown B

thought I was done with the fucking cobra tank battles after I beat the game. NOPE. I hate this game, seriously. At this point I'm only playing it for my completionist self. Never playing it again after this and honestly can't recommend it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Going through slight withdrawal waiting for the PC fix so I can play NG+ at 1080/60. ;_;

Installed Arkham Asylum (took a couple of hours to solve that damned Bmgame crash) and I'm playing that now, but it's just not he same without the open roads and the Batmobile.

Plus the combat feels really restricted.

It's still great, don't get me wrong, I just miss the refinements and upgrades.

I've never been able to complete it due to the aforementioned error, so I'm looking forward to that...

*shakes*

crispyben

I'm fucking pissed I was hit by the Knightfall bug (on PS4)... I finished the story with over 7 Most Wanted missions completed, which means I should be able to see the incomplete ending as per numerous videos, and now it's asking me to apprehend 4 more villains, which would bring the counter to 11/14, to initiate the protocol... Has RS acknowledged this issue which seems quite widespread? Anyone found a way to fix it?

stn

Question regarding how close I am to the end. I just finished the
Arkham Knight tank battle during the clearing of the Cloudburst. Ivy died.

So? I'm contemplating doing all the Riddler trophies because I'd like to 100% the game, its just boring and really uninspiring. Wish the game had only 100 trophies or so instead.

see5harp

I went through and actually found like all but 50 of the trophies but now I'm thinking about just doing Knightfall and calling it a day.

I went through and actually found like all but 50 of the trophies but now I'm thinking about just doing Knightfall and calling it a day.

There are less than in City, but you're more likely to miss them while going through the main game. I believe that's what lead to there being so many left over after I finished the main game.

I think any that were just sitting somewhere behind a single "lock" (breakable wall, unlocking a door) should've just been cut. Seems like more individual trophies had little puzzles attached in City, though that could just be a perception thing.

jediyoshi

I'm fucking pissed I was hit by the Knightfall bug (on PS4)... I finished the story with over 7 Most Wanted missions completed, which means I should be able to see the incomplete ending as per numerous videos, and now it's asking me to apprehend 4 more villains, which would bring the counter to 11/14, to initiate the protocol... Has RS acknowledged this issue which seems quite widespread? Anyone found a way to fix it?

That's the correct count?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Wait, this is a bug? Like for real? This happened to me, too! It originally said that I needed four Most Wanted put behind bars. When I checked, I had four already but initiating the protocol did NOT work. Kept on trying and it only worked when I completed EVERYTHING except the Riddler shit. I thought that was a bit extreme since I just wanted to finish it.

If that's a bug, that's one hell of a stupid one. Artificially made the game longer and more tedious!

Also, for some reason, whenever I check or mark an objective (Firemen, etc.) it wouldn't register in the map or radar until after a random time has passed. This normal? It made for some weird conversations as I wasn't able to rescue more than 4-5 until after the last protocol bit which meant they talked about the villain and Batman responded like he wasn't locked up yet.

I had a lot of fun with Knight, but my god! Those Batmobile sections drained me of wanting to replay it again. Tedious, overdrawn and flat out just waaaaay too much Batmobile for one game.

And I YouTube'd the "real" ending. Not going to do all those Riddler stuff. I'm not crazy or dedicated enough to slog through hours of repetitive puzzles and car sequences for a minute of added footage.

slop101

Banned

But what's their end plan? Even if they win, even if they kill Batman and take Gotham, then what? Just hang out in Gotham and hope that the US government/military will leave them alone?

crispyben

That's the correct count?
What do you mean? I edited my post with a link to a video showing someone activating Knightfall Protocol with 7/14. I know it's not the full/true ending, but I still would like to be able to initiate it. I understand it makes more sense to watch the full ending with all most wanted villains behind bars, but RS obviously meant for players to be able to get a truncated version that would motivate them to kick the Riddler's ass. However, it seems to be bugged to hell, with an inconsistent trigger and the sequence not unfolding correctly at times (from what I read).

Also, for some reason, whenever I check or mark an objective (Firemen, etc.) it wouldn't register in the map or radar until after a random time has passed. This normal? It made for some weird conversations as I wasn't able to rescue more than 4-5 until after the last protocol bit which meant they talked about the villain and Batman responded like he wasn't locked up yet.
Yes, you had to pick up clues from radio chatter and detective vision after the first few hints from Alfred, who also gave you some along the way. See above for explanation of the bug.

Top Bottom