• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

lcap

Bahaha. That's not even the last heart attack the game is gonna give you.

You can't get it just yet. Have to progress in the story a bit more before it's available (because Riddler needs to adapt the riddles or something).

The box is not directly under the ship. It's near the water. Keep looking.

I found the box. But without the trophy. I even looked on YouTube to check if I was at the right place but my trophy wasn't there.

leng jai

After finishing the game I don't actually think any of the tank encounters are that long. I finished most of them within 5 minutes. The bigger problem is that some of them are annoying and just plain unfun.

Mensrea

So what is with the ground takedown animations in this game? They are incredibly sloppy and unsatisfying. In the previous arkham games, batman would always land directly on the thug and deliver a powerful punch to the the head. Here he does a goofy jump, lands kinda on the thug but not really, and punches in the chest area I guess? What is this crap?

TheFatMan

Just got to the stealth section underground after the
Cloudburst went off

Holy shit this is the jankiest most terrible section of Rocksteady gaming I've ever experienced. I miss A: City.

zkorejo

Had no issues with tank battles but they were tank battle in almost every mission and it's just not fun.

escaping from a giant Drill was stupid and a pain.

Just beat the game and. . .ending's bugged. Way to go out on a low note, Rocksteady.

Has Rocksteady commented on this already? Really curious to know if it's a bug or do we need to trigger something specific.

It's a bug. There's a YouTube video of a guy activating the second ending with 7/14 most wanted. I finished the game with the exact same missions completed - no prompt, just told me to do 4 more. I completed one more in the hopes that it would fix the problem, but it just ticked down to 3.

Pretty sure Rocksteady hasn't acknowledged it, though.

Solidsoul

Banned
Okay, I am only asking here because I keep searching the Web and cannot find it out.

There was a batman tv show or movie where joker uses venom to pump himself up just like Titan Joker. It's a cartoon and it looks somewhat newer. Which show was that?

Wonder if that was any inspiration for Titan Joker in Arkham Asylum.

Caode

Okay, I am only asking here because I keep searching the Web and cannot find it out.

There was a batman tv show or movie where joker uses venom to pump himself up just like Titan Joker. It's a cartoon and it looks somewhat newer. Which show was that?

Wonder if that was any inspiration for Titan Joker in Arkham Asylum.

There. Two seconds on google with "Joker Venom Batman". :)

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Batman_Episode_3.06:_Brawn

Caode

I cannot explain why I could not find this. I typed things like "joker uses venom" and "joker venom brawn" it just never came up.

Thank you very much.

You're welcome. I hated that show, tried to watch it a few times but couldn't get in to it at all.

Proxy

Uh, guys, I really did a number and glitched the fuck out of my game.

I glitched my way into the second Stagg ship the second time around without advancing the story to that point. And now I'm going to have to do all that fucking shit again. God I hate that cloudburst fight.

Whelp, I'm screwed.

Sanke__

Do you still receive counter/parry prompts on New Game+ mode? Wondering if I should eventually attempt the mode at all. I know you keep all of your upgrades.

No counter prompts and the game is clearly not designed to be played without counter prompts like arkham city was
Some of the new enemy types make it really fucking annoying
But on the other hand the game probably has less than 10 serious combat encounters when just doing story mode

All these gripes about Riddler trophies are well warranted. Rocksteady went overboard with them. They were done MUCH better in Arkham City, in Arkham Knight however they are quite the chore.

I actually thought the complete opposite
They drove me crazy in arkham city and I thought they were relatively painless in arkham knight

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
No counter prompts and the game is clearly not designed to be played without counter prompts like arkham city was
Some of the new enemy types make it really fucking annoying
But on the other hand the game probably has less than 10 serious combat encounters when just doing story mode

Which ones?

I thought the game was far better without them, as I usually prefer.

Travo

Thank you! Really wish they would tell you the level of the riddle. It would be so much harder if it was in the middle of a tall building

There's usually numbers with an arrow beside it to show you whether you should move upwards or downwards.

Sanke__

Which ones?

The one that comes to mind from tonight is the sword guys
Too hard to tell whether they are doing a normal attack to counter or a series of "knife" attacks

Also just in general, medics can go right to hell

Sojgat

Which ones?

I prefer no counter icons in City and Origins, but in Knight enemy attacks have very little wind up, and worse, sometimes enemies charge and don't actually attack. Makes it hard to read their animations during big fights.

On NG+ I didn't bother trying to counter much, I just evaded everything.

Chitown B

How can anyone possibly have sympathy for your plight? First off, you're miserable playing the game and you've clogged up the official thread with your insufferable whining about it. Pages and pages. Why not just leave the thread? You're shitting it up as is. Now you complain you're forcing yourself to play and bitching about how miserable you are? Cmon man. Do us all a favor.

pages and pages? This thing moves at about a page an hour. And I sure don't post here all day.

Nick

I gotta brag: I just 100% Arkham City! I've now 100% every Rocksteady game. City was DEFINITELY the hardest to 100%, with Asylum being the next hardest, and Knight being the easiest (but the most fun).

Should I attempt to 100% Origins? All signs point to NO.

Sojgat

I gotta brag: I just 100% Arkham City! I've now 100% every Rocksteady game. City was DEFINITELY the hardest to 100%, with Asylum being the next hardest, and Knight being the easiest (but the most fun).

Some people are quite vocal about how much they hate it, but Origins is the best game in the series IMO.

Have you played it?

Nick

Some people are quite vocal about how much they hate it, but Origins is the best game in the series IMO.

Have you played it?
I beat the main story on Hard (two days before Knight came out) and I did enjoy it... but those shock gloves made combat a little too easy and stupid. The story and boss fights were great, but the game didn't inspire me.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Have you played it?

Origins is great and very much worth playing....BUT....BUT....to get the platinum trophy will require you to do multiplayer and I seriously doubt the servers are active.

I've platinumed all the Rocksteady ones AND gotten 1000 gamerscore (except for Arkham Knight though)

Mensrea

I am genuinely curious, why do some people foster such a die hard love for origins. I played and enjoyed it for what it was, but it seemed like it could have been DLC for City almost. What am I not getting about the game?

NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Not only is Origins a bad game, it's Riddler shit is ESPECIALLY painful. They removed everything that wasn't trophies - no lining up question marks, no scanning Easter eggs in the environment, nothing - and its finale is such a slap in the face it's almost hysterical.

In Origins, the trophies you collect are actually data packs. Finding them all lets you open the door to Nigma's hideout, which he has long since abandoned and doesn't comment on you entering, at which point you enter a tiny ass room with the first Riddler Trophy in it. It's worth a ton of xp but by that point you're already max level.

I am genuinely curious, why do some people foster such a die hard love for origins. I played and enjoyed it for what it was, but it seemed like it could have been DLC for City almost. What am I not getting about the game?

Better story and better bosses as a whole than any other entry in the game.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Started this yesterday. Loving the plot, the environment layout, and the improvements in how you can zip around combat areas (vents and chutes in particular). Batmobile stuff is as bad as I had heard. The parts that are just a mediocre version of Twisted Metal are not even that bad. But too many sequences shoehorn it in as a requirement, and that Riddler race laps part was heinous.

I am liking this more than Arkham City, but the vehicular issues will probably keep it from touching Asylum for me. Super impressed with the how and why of certain characters appearing so far.
Coming out of the roof of the clock tower to hear "they went after your IT department!"
was some of the best comedic delivery in a game since Portal 2. Looking forward to playing a lot of this over the weekend.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Origins is a really enjoyable game if you enjoyed the other Arkham games. It's just not as good as Rocksteady's work, and it's basically a re-skin, geographically, of Arkham City.

Maybe peope like cheering for the underdog? Dunno.

Origins does not have a better story at all, it just has flashier set pieces.

If you think Deathstroke's shitty fighting game boss fight, or Bane's "bounces off a wall and hits you twice before your pain animation ends" boss fights are even halfway decent, you're insane.

jediyoshi

The Riddlers' greatest work yet.

Mensrea

I don't think any boss in Origins was as good as Mr. Freeze in City, and the story felt distinctly lower stakes and more boring than City to me. Deathstroke was a fun set piece, but it was just that.

erawsd

I think each entry in this series seems to have a similar level of "die hard" fandom. Prior to AK, every Arkham topic pretty much became a triple threat, barbed wire cage match between people who love AA vs people who love AC vs people who love AO.

I really don't think the Batmobile sections are bad. I have played through to around 95% of the story missions and so far only the
Arkham Knight Super Tank
has really felt difficult. The drone sections seem to break up the pace pretty well, and I find them fun to play.

malfcn

I briefly went offline with my XB1.

"Connection to Xbox Live has been dropped. Some areas of the game may be inaccessible."

What areas?

Symphonia

Banned
I really don't think the Batmobile sections are bad. I have played through to around 95% of the story missions and so far only the
Arkham Knight Super Tank
has really felt difficult. The drone sections seem to break up the pace pretty well, and I find them fun to play.
That battle was easy once you work out the pattern of sneak, shoot, run. Unfortunately, though, it becomes a tedious affair and ruins what could've been an epic battle.
The battle is then repeated later for Deathstroke. Which, again, sucks as it would've been a far better fight had it been a mix of on-foot and in-car taking place the entire city.

Sajjaja

That battle was easy once you work out the pattern of sneak, shoot, run. Unfortunately, though, it becomes a tedious affair and ruins what could've been an epic battle.
The battle is then repeated later for Deathstroke. Which, again, sucks as it would've been a far better fight had it been a mix of on-foot and in-car taking place the entire city.

Was just going to post about that fight. What a huge disappointment. Really let down.

Deathstroke's
encounter was a joke. I had the batmobile fully upgraded and, once I took care
of the big tanks, I just mindlessly spammed the shit out of the Deathstroke tank with no strategy whatsoever

Arkham Knight have the easiest bosses on all Arkham games.

Evo X

I'm trying to get the 100% ending. Can someone tell me if the point of no return in the main mission is obvious?

The biggest obstacle is gathering all the riddler trophies. I think I'm about 70% done with those.

Also, I've done all the checkpoint, towers, and disarm bomb missions, but for some reason they say they are only 80% and 60% done and have an orange cross through them? I want to
fight Deathstroke.
How do I do that?

I'm at the part where
you find out Barbara is still alive and Gordon gets taken by Scarecrow. Current mission is to stop my servers from being destroyed.
Please no spoilers past that point.

Thanks.

Top Bottom