• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Footos22

Brutality 101, leap of faith and blunt trauma all unlocked without any hassle. All I had to do was line launcher takedown.

Last trophy. New game plus. Easy peasy

Brutality 101, leap of faith and blunt trauma all unlocked without any hassle. All I had to do was line launcher takedown.

I'm pretty close as well, I've still got Brutality 101 to do. With all the moves at your disposal it should be fairly ok to do I think. I was glad that the 69 AR stars trophy counted my Scarecrow stars as I wasn't looking forward to 3 staring some of those tank missions.

Wait a minute...you can initiate the Knightfall protocal before fighting the Riddler?? The game tells me I need to lock up all Gothams most wanted. (XB1 version.) All I have left is the Riddler, and I still have tons of trophys and challenges to collect and finish beforeI can fight him. I cannot do Knightfall until I do. I thought that seemed a bit extreme, making people get 100% in the game, especially considering not everyone can go online to fucking find out how and where to get all the trophys and shit.

So is this a bug on my part as well?

suaveric

Are there known bugs for disappearing Riddler trophy markers? I know I had all of them revealed for the airship and now I'm finally getting around to collecting them and all the markers are gone. I'm 100% sure I had them revealed before. I'm on the Xbox One version of the game.

suaveric

Wait a minute...you can initiate the Knightfall protocal before fighting the Riddler?? The game tells me I need to lock up all Gothams most wanted. (XB1 version.) All I have left is the Riddler, and I still have tons of trophys and challenges to collect and finish beforeI can fight him. I cannot do Knightfall until I do. I thought that seemed a bit extreme, making people get 100% in the game, especially considering not everyone can go online to fucking find out how and where to get all the trophys and shit.

So is this a bug on my part as well?

I have this problem too. I finished the main story with all sidequests done except Riddler. I don't see a Knightfall option anywhere.

Arttemis

I *really* want to control Catwoman, Nightwing, and Robin through Gotham. We have all the combat animations, let me do what Arkham City did!!!!

Pilgrimzero

Wow did everything except riddler trophies and apparently that'stoo much to get the regular ending and have to get 100% to get any form of ending.

But if I had just done story mode and then captured 7 of the villians I could have gotten the normal ending.

What a horrible design choice. Players who do the minimum get rewarded but those who do too much are expects to go all the way to get anything.

Thank God for Youtube.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Only reason I decided to go for all Riddler trophies is to have the opportunity to beat his smug face in, fucking prick. I could care less about the ending.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Only reason I decided to go for all Riddler trophies is to have the opportunity to beat his smug face in, fucking prick. I could care less about the ending.
Was definitely worth it in Arkham City. A+ would smash face again.

Alienous

But what's their end plan? Even if they win, even if they kill Batman and take Gotham, then what? Just hang out in Gotham and hope that the US government/military will leave them alone?

Get all that money back by robbing places and spend it nowhere, I suppose.

robotrock

Banned
Any news on when the Batgirl DLC is hitting PC? I'd expect day and date with consoles, but after what happened I kinda doubt it. The fact that they're still selling the season pass on Steam makes me think they will though.

Any news on when the Batgirl DLC is hitting PC? I'd expect day and date with consoles, but after what happened I kinda doubt it. The fact that they're still selling the season pass on Steam makes me think they will though.

I believe they said a few weeks after, not 100 percent on that though

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
You're goddamn right! When I capture his ass i'll sit there like this for three hours in front of his jail cell.
large.gif

Mind blown @ the billboards and even statues changing, never noticed that. Crazy attention to detail.

Yeah when I first noticed that I thought it was an awesome touch. Kinda creeped me out the first time I saw a statues face as the Joker, as the camera angle was super close up to it at the time.

Just finished, and got the 100% ending. The last 20 minutes of the game were fantastic in my opinion, though the ending was a bit too ambiguous for my taste. Unless I missed something?

Overall, the game was great. I enjoyed most of the Batmobile sections aside from any section involving
Cobra
tanks. The city looked really good, and the random dialogue from the criminals was nice(though they get really repetitive when looking for riddler trophies).

My main issue was with voice acting. Conroy sounded really good in some parts, but horrible in others. Jonathan Banks seemed like he couldn't get mad, whenever Gordon seemed like he should be yelling, he only slightly elevated his voice. Tara Strong just seemed....off, can't really explain it better than that. They need to find Arleen Sorkin, and throw a bunch of money at her.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
thought I was done with the fucking cobra tank battles after I beat the game. NOPE. I hate this game, seriously. At this point I'm only playing it for my completionist self. Never playing it again after this and honestly can't recommend it.
How can anyone possibly have sympathy for your plight? First off, you're miserable playing the game and you've clogged up the official thread with your insufferable whining about it. Pages and pages. Why not just leave the thread? You're shitting it up as is. Now you complain you're forcing yourself to play and bitching about how miserable you are? Cmon man. Do us all a favor.

Crossing Eden

Just finished, and got the 100% ending. The last 20 minutes of the game were fantastic in my opinion, though the ending was a bit too ambiguous for my taste. Unless I missed something?

Overall, the game was great. I enjoyed most of the Batmobile sections aside from any section involving
Cobra
tanks. The city looked really good, and the random dialogue from the criminals was nice(though they get really repetitive when looking for riddler trophies).

My main issue was with voice acting. Conroy sounded really good in some parts, but horrible in others. Jonathan Banks seemed like he couldn't get mad, whenever Gordon seemed like he should be yelling, he only slightly elevated his voice. Tara Strong just seemed....off, can't really explain it better than that. They need to find Arleen Sorkin, and throw a bunch of money at her.
Harley Quinn is a bit unhinged so technically it makes sense that she sounds a little off. So far I think the voice acting has been completely on point.

MC Safety

Wow. People REALLY got to stop fixating on, "Batman doesnt kill! But he does!". We get it at this point...

It's fun to race around Gotham at high speeds, plowing into suckas and yelling "NONLETHAL!"

And I think the game's lax attitude toward Batman's moral code is something worthy of scrutiny and criticism.

breakfuss

Sort of, in an audio tape.

The Arkham Knight asks Scarecrow for $3 billion to build/buy his army. Scarecrow gets the money from Penguin, Two-Face, Riddler and Harley Quinn (somehow).

Ah okay, thanks. Guess that makes sense lol? Suppose it doesn't need to...

Just looked up this John Noble fellow, and yep, I knew that voice sounded familiar. Fringe! Yeah, he was great as Scarecrow.

Aeana

Wow, game just nearly gave me a heart attack. (Sidequest spoiler)
I was just going around the city, using the grapple boost thing, and right as I reached a ledge like I'd done tons of times before, a huge bat looking thing is there waiting for me out of nowhere.
Startled the bejesus out of me, lord.

Zakalwe

Banned
I was just going around the city, using the grapple boost thing, and right as I reached a ledge like I'd done tons of times before, a huge bat looking thing is there waiting for me out of nowhere.

Heh, it got me good the first time, actually made me physically jump. So perfectly placed.

They're not done with you yet.

This got me so good.

breakfuss

lolol got me too.

thought I was done with the fucking cobra tank battles after I beat the game. NOPE. I hate this game, seriously. At this point I'm only playing it for my completionist self. Never playing it again after this and honestly can't recommend it.

Hard to take you seriously when you've spent this entire thread saying things like "there's literally no way to counter charging thugs!"

Korosenai

Blunt Trauma is glitched for me. Went back and did every takedown over again and it didn't unlock. Not sure I want to do them all again.

I can't initiate knightfall even though I 100 percented everything except those lame ass riddler trophy collecton shit which I'm not doing, because I kind of sorta have a life.
Da fuq Rocksteady?

DryvBy

I've done all the side missions. I've beat the game and have the option to
activate knightfall protocol
. If I do this, can I come back and finish up the Riddler trophies? Or do I have to start over with NG+?

Akai__

Blunt Trauma is glitched for me. Went back and did every takedown over again and it didn't unlock. Not sure I want to do them all again.

Not 100% confirmed, but there are some things yo have to keep in mind if you do them in the AR challenges:

- Enter the AR challenge from the actual open world in the game and not from the menu.
- After each move either die or restart the challenge. This will ensure saving your progress.
- Don't quit the AR challenge immediately after a successfull move. Die first and then exit it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Pretty sure KF is bugged somehow. I had it at 10/14, and another user posted evidence that they'd completed the exact same missions as me and the game showed that they needed two more villains.

I've done all the side missions. I've beat the game and have the option to
activate knightfall protocol
. If I do this, can I come back and finish up the Riddler trophies? Or do I have to start over with NG+?

You can keep going.

WHAT'S THAT DARK KNIGHT? YOUR PARENTS ARE ACTUALLY ALIVE AND ARE COMING TO MEET YOU?

OH BOO FUCKING HOO, WHY AREN'T YOU SOLVING MY RIDDLES?

Fuck you Riddler I ain't doing that shit

Crossing Eden

At the
movie studios.
Rescued two,
holy shit at that Joker solo.
Riddler trophy in this room is baffling me though.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I can't initiate knightfall even though I 100 percented everything except those lame ass riddler trophy collecton shit which I'm not doing, because I kind of sorta have a life.
Da fuq Rocksteady?

You sure you 100 percented the rest? I wasn't able to get it to work until the signal bars were at 90 percent. I only had the Riddler stuff left unfinished. But thing is, some have shown that they can pull it off even without completing most of it. Maybe a bug? Just annoying.

What adds to it more is how checking the objective markers that you want to go to don't show up. They randomly do after dying or waiting a few minutes OR being near it which makes it pointless. Just a bad design decision that forces players to drive around the city or glide around the city sky looking for shit to trigger or finding militia camps. Seriously? It's like Rocksteady doesn't respect our time that they'd even pull something like that off.

I think the game is well worth $60 and heck, is one of the best of the year, but some design decisions just outright baffle me.

What do you mean? I edited my post with a link to a video showing someone activating Knightfall Protocol with 7/14. I know it's not the full/true ending, but I still would like to be able to initiate it. I understand it makes more sense to watch the full ending with all most wanted villains behind bars, but RS obviously meant for players to be able to get a truncated version that would motivate them to kick the Riddler's ass. However, it seems to be bugged to hell, with an inconsistent trigger and the sequence not unfolding correctly at times (from what I read).

Yes, you had to pick up clues from radio chatter and detective vision after the first few hints from Alfred, who also gave you some along the way. See above for explanation of the bug.

Has Rocksteady commented on this already? Really curious to know if it's a bug or do we need to trigger something specific.

Prototype

I got scared again in new game + even tho I knew it was coming. Happened in a different place to a different point in the game. Nice touch imo. Nearly fell out of my chair both times haha.

EDIT.

Leaderboards not working on steam, or is it just my copy? Would love to compare AR challenges stats with some of you guys.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
WHAT'S THAT DARK KNIGHT? YOUR PARENTS ARE ACTUALLY ALIVE AND ARE COMING TO MEET YOU?

OH BOO FUCKING HOO, WHY AREN'T YOU SOLVING MY RIDDLES?

Fuck you Riddler I ain't doing that shit

Wish I could just walk away.... I must find them all :). It's actually been really fun, I'm at 170/200 something. Some of them are very clever and enjoyable to solve, others obviously not. I must Platinum this game though, I love it too much.

stn

Do you still receive counter/parry prompts on New Game+ mode? Wondering if I should eventually attempt the mode at all. I know you keep all of your upgrades.

I read that Riddler trophies transfer to NG+, what happens if you already got them all in the previous playthrough? Do they reset, or do you just save
Catwoman
and fight Riddler?

I read that Riddler trophies transfer to NG+, what happens if you already got them all in the previous playthrough? Do they reset, or do you just save
Catwoman
and fight Riddler?

You just save
Catwoman
and fight Riddler. And do the puzzle rooms/tracks on the way, I think

lcap

Guys, I think a riddler trophy just bugged with me.

you know when you have to drop a box out of Stagg airship? The trophy is not there on the remains of the box.

Has anyone had anything like it?

you know when you have to drop a box out of Stagg airship? The trophy is not there on the remains of the box.

Haven't heard of that before, but I've heard of and personally experienced the box not sliding out of the ship.

Christ. I'm 75% thru the main story and am somewhat starting to turn on the game. I am so sick of the god damn tank and all the drone bullshit. It feels like padding and it's wasting my time.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Bahaha. That's not even the last heart attack the game is gonna give you.

At the
movie studios.
Rescued two,
holy shit at that Joker solo.
Riddler trophy in this room is baffling me though.

You can't get it just yet. Have to progress in the story a bit more before it's available (because Riddler needs to adapt the riddles or something).

The box is not directly under the ship. It's near the water. Keep looking.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
All these gripes about Riddler trophies are well warranted. Rocksteady went overboard with them. They were done MUCH better in Arkham City, in Arkham Knight however they are quite the chore.

Top Bottom