• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

see5harp

I don't know if it's a bug or something but interrogating riddler guys does nothing for me. They refuse to give up information on all of the islands and I still have 50 trophies to find and a bunch of breakable stuff. I'd have no problem flying around to find the trophies if they were on the minimap.

Carm

I'm trying to avoid the thread till I finish the game, think I'm close on main storyline, but I have a question regarding the audio settings in the game if anyone knows.

Under Audio settings you can change the output to headphones and Pro headphones, what is the difference between those, googling hasn't helped.

I use the Sony gold wireless headset so wasn't sure which of those two I should be using with VSS turned on or off on the headset itself. It may have been placebo but the Pro setting sounded possibly better, or at least different.

MGrant

Finished the main quest tonight; have about half of the sidequests left. And.... ehhh. I'll have to come back and finish this one later. The last 4-5 hours of the story after
the movie studios
were very draining and un-fun. It seemed like every story mission was either a batmobile segment, a stealth segment with a near-instakill on detection, or a stealth batmobile segment with a near-instakill on detection.

It's a shame; the part at the
movie studios
where you
track down the escaped Joker patients
was actually really great. Reminded me a lot of the best parts in Asylum and City; I wanted more of those, but extended indoor segments were really, really rare in AK. There were only 3 or 4 of them in the game, as far as I can tell.

Some of them are really close to each other. Most are just picked up at some random location. It actually goes by pretty quickly if you use a guide. Also interrogating Riddler guys to expose them all in the map makes it even easier. I just cleared out one island a night and that was the right amount of time.

I still believe for most people, the trophies are easier to pass up this time around because the game world is so big, so by the time most finish the game, they'll have proportionately more left over than they did in previous titles. There's also the fact that there's only one Riddler hostage who's a vigilante as opposed to just medics — it may not seem as pressing compared to the other stuff going on in this game.

---

I miss being able to use all of the d-pad to select gadgets.

I think I would've preferred to have the mission wheel and especially the AR challenge wheel in the pause menu. Then have detective mode on L1/LB, Batmobile summon on left stick-click, midair line-launcher on right click and then gadget select like it was before, but holding rather than tapping in any direction brings up the wheel for the gadgets that aren't in the eight main directions, maybe with a time dilation effect. I think being able to hotkey some items and leave four for the wheel would be better.

It's not a big deal though. I just got real used to that method.

Just set a waypoint on the map.

Riddler stuff is overdone in Arkham Knight, but it's better implemented than it was in Arkham City. Some puzzles on that game were miserably put together.

The waypoints for the riddles (not trophies) only tell you a general area, and at least one tells you it's on the surface, but it's actually underground (Calendar Man riddle). You also can't mark waypoints for trophies in interiors that have their own maps, iirc. That's what made a few of those frustrating.

Which puzzles in City were poorly made? There weren't any that I remember being ambiguous or flawed compared to some in AK (like the one on the outside of the blimp).

Symphonia

Banned
Was just going to post about that fight. What a huge disappointment. Really let down.
Yeah, it really was a huge downer. Not that the other boss fights in Arkham Knight were spectacular in any shape or form, but I honestly expected these two fights to be bigger and better than what they actually were. In a way, I feel kind of ripped off by Rocksteady. It's for this reason that, for me, Knight is the worst of the three main Arkham games.

Deathstroke's
encounter was a joke. I had the batmobile fully upgraded and, once I took care
of the big tanks, I just mindlessly spammed the shit out of the Deathstroke tank with no strategy whatsoever

Arkham Knight have the easiest bosses on all Arkham games.
Yep, I had full armour and weapons maxed, and literally just sat in front of Deathstroke's tank and blasted it repeatedly. It took about thirty seconds to destroy him. I had more of a challenge destroying the Cobra tanks than I did him, and even that was made easy with the distraction shot upgrade
. I really hope the upcoming Batgirl DLC provides us with more varied, more challenging boss fights.

graffix13

Just finished the
Cloudburst Tank fight with Arkham Knight.
That wasn't really fun tbh, and the tank battles are starting to wear thin for me.

My opinion of the game is starting to downturn a bit. I'll see where I stand when I finish the story, but this may end up at my least favorite game in the series.

Even all the positive reviews said that the Batmobil is shit.

No they didn't, they said the tank combat was dull, most enjoy the Batmobile for driving around the city. Anyways my comment was just saying that if you don't like something and it keeps happening, you're more inclined to go onto a forum and complain about another section using a mechanic you don't like.

hbkdx12

Just finished the
Cloudburst Tank fight with Arkham Knight.
That wasn't really fun tbh, and the tank battles are starting to wear thin for me.

My opinion of the game is starting to downturn a bit. I'll see where I stand when I finish the story, but this may end up at my least favorite game in the series.

That part was the low point both in the tank battles and just the game in general. It wasn't fun at all.

But if the tank battles are starting to get on your nerves there's at least one more battle that's certainly not going to brighten your outlook on it.

The Brutality 101 trophy is going to make me insane.

Same for the 3rd Predator VR Challenge.
Once you eliminate a soldier with the exploding gel through the brittle wall, are you supposed to get the star immediately or at the end of the challenge ?

stryke

Japanese ads are the best

v96PdE.gif

FtHTiny

Once you eliminate a soldier with the exploding gel through the brittle wall, are you supposed to get the star immediately or at the end of the challenge ?

Yes, you get the star right away. I think you have to detonate it before he reaches the wall to really count.

Symphonia

Banned
I was honestly shocked that I was able to sneak up on
Harvey
and do a take down on him.

The only boss fight that really sort of felt like one was
Pyg
, IMO.
The
Harvey
was a huge disappointment. I was expecting more face-to-face/one-on-one action, rather than just another Predator fight.

Tips. Do Brutality 101 on the Dual Play challenge with Batman and Nightwing. It's really not that hard if you are decent at the combat. Remember it's about keeping a rhythm, not just mashing buttons. Just perform a different takedown move every time you get a meter. For example, regular takedown, multi-takedown, batclaw takedown, charged batarang, charged explosive gel, charged REC, charged freeze grenade....etc. Switching to Robin whenever the dual takedown pops up, then perform some of his different moves.

Also instead of waiting for enemies to walk by walls you have trapped, you can use the voice modifier to make enemies check the specific wall.

Anung

Un Rama
The
Harvey
was a huge disappointment. I was expecting more face-to-face/one-on-one action, rather than just another Predator fight.

During my fight with him
he just stood stationary in one place till I beat him up. Such a waste of potential. They could have done anything to contextualize him properly. Like let him use his coin to make decisions on how he orders his men or something.

Hixx

100 Riddler trophies etc down.

140+ more to go.
991GvPU.png

I should really just go on YouTube and watch the full ending :(

rmanthorp

Lol I totally forgot about
taking down Harvey with one hit
the 'boss fights' in this game just plain sucked... Like they started to get better City and Origins and just went back to Asylum levels of bad... Can not get over the
Deathstroke
one...

TheRyanx2

Neo Member
Just finished the story last night. I thought it was excellent outside of the later Arkham Knight stuff, not very fun. Thankfully it picked back up and ended strong. Definitely a GOTY contender for me. Hopefully I don't get burned out and can actually finish all the side stuff now for the true ending.

Garlador

Might give up and pull up a guide. I'm missing some riddler trophies on Founder's Island and haven't bumped into any riddler thugs in hours.

... But first I have to survive yet another tank battle. I REALLY hate these tank battles. Honestly, getting the 100% in this game has been the most unenjoyable one thus far. In Asylum, I LOVED tracking everything down. In this game, it's a chore.

It's a shame how much of a mixed bag it is, because everything outside of the grind and the tanks is enjoyable.

Might give up and pull up a guide. I'm missing some riddler trophies on Founder's Island and haven't bumped into any riddler thugs in hours.

... But first I have to survive yet another tank battle. I REALLY hate these tank battles. Honestly, getting the 100% in this game has been the most unenjoyable one thus far. In Asylum, I LOVED tracking everything down. In this game, it's a chore.

It's a shame how much of a mixed bag it is, because everything outside of the grind and the tanks is enjoyable.

Some riddler thugs don't unlock until you're further in the game. If you're at the end though then I suggest searching around the other isalnd's for them they give you trophy info for Founders

Garlador

Some riddler thugs don't unlock until you're further in the game. If you're at the end though then I suggest searching around the other isalnd's for them they give you trophy info for Founders

I'm pretty much at the end (96% done), and I've searched all the other islands. Just haven't come across any of them.

In the time it takes me to find a riddler thug, I could just pull up a list of where to go.

Nick

I always beat Arkham Games on Hard from the beginning, so I don't have to repeat the experience to get 100%, but the GCPD
tank battle near the ending of the game was miserable and annoying.
Definitely the part of the game that took me the longest.

I'm pretty much at the end (96% done), and I've searched all the other islands. Just haven't come across any of them.

In the time it takes me to find a riddler thug, I could just pull up a list of where to go.

Wait, I think I got you. Check the Subway system entrance on Founders Island. Even though it's a separate place that won't show up on your map it's still considered Founders Island. It's in the port area, you need to use the Batmobile to enter, when you bring up the map, you should see an icon just like the other indoor areas have. Once you enter all the trophies will be marked on the map for that area.

Thinking back it's the most disappointing game this year. In fact it's almost as disappointing as Unity. The graphics and performance are the only two reasons why I don't regret playing Arkham...

GravyButt

Question on the main story about 72% of the way, the cutscene froze and the audio gave out so I totally have no clue what happened at this point and was forced to skip it to advance. Here goes

when you have to go get ivy and bring her to the pd for the second time after that cobra tank battle because knight located her whereabouts. Then alfred says hes spotted the clouburst and then the tank blows up. She says my plants are dying, and then it froze. What happens to her and her plants? All I know now is im on a ledge looking down at the clouded city and I have to go find a stagg and destroy the cloudburst tank

Thanks

Garlador

Wait, I think I got you. Check the Subway system entrance on Founders Island. Even though it's a separate place that won't show up on your map it's still considered Founders Island. It's in the port area, you need to use the Batmobile to enter, when you bring up the map, you should see an icon just like the other indoor areas have. Once you enter all the trophies will be marked on the map for that area.

That could very well be the case. Let me check that...

Question on the main story about 72% of the way, the cutscene froze and the audio gave out so I totally have no clue what happened at this point and was forced to skip it to advance. Here goes

when you have to go get ivy and bring her to the pd for the second time after that cobra tank battle because knight located her whereabouts. Then alfred says hes spotted the clouburst and then the tank blows up. She says my plants are dying, and then it froze. What happens to her and her plants? All I know now is im on a ledge looking down at the clouded city and I have to go find a stagg and destroy the cloudburst tank

Thanks

Here's a video with all the cutscenes. I found the spot you were at, but stop watching immediately after since it contains subsequent cutscenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSuKLXdRzKI&feature=youtu.be&t=11837

MGrant

Thanks

If I remember right,
Ivy tells you her plants can't help the city until you kill the cloudburst tank, because the nonstop gas is killing them. So you have to go back to the airships to interrogate Stagg to find the Cloudburst's weakness. Ivy is waiting inside of the tree until you do that.

1) Where do I get the Riddler trophy that apparently unlocks the other Batmobile skin?

2) I still have an empty equipment slot. Where do I get it? I assume it interacts with all the steam vents I've been seeing...

ta155

1) Where do I get the Riddler trophy that apparently unlocks the other Batmobile skin?

2) I still have an empty equipment slot. Where do I get it? I assume it interacts with all the steam vents I've been seeing...

The freeze grenades? They're in the movie studios next to the empty cell, the one on the far left as you go in.

Too bad there's no challenge maps and the PC version is farked so I have no reason to boot the game up for NG+ or anything else.

It really is a shame. Replaying the game really makes me want to have it run at steady 60, but that only happens in interiors and rarely while out in the overworld.

Top Bottom