• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

I got 100% and I'm still missing one Batman skin. What the hell am I missing...

I have the same problem on PS4. I think it might be a glitch and is the 1960's Robin skin that might of been caused by downloading the 1960's Batman skin.

I don't know.

Here's what I see with 200% completion...

CIddXGEXAAE-QJR.jpg

Just finished the game and loved it, but was a little disappointed that (late game spoiler)
there wasn't a playable section in Arkham Asylum since it seemed like it might be going there.
Was still completely satisfied.

Yo, stealth missions driving a Batmobile suck.

I got past it eventually, but it sucked.

I actually found those more interesting that than straight-up tank battles. The stealth is the same as the on-foot predator gameplay as far as "sneaking" and attacking, then zipping away as others come to inspect the kill. It was refreshing to actually be the one being chased in the Batmobile, and by that time I knew how to drive it well, so it was exciting. The tank battles don't present much challenge and once you had the armor upgrades, getting hit isn't that big of a deal.

Though that dynamic is always fun for me no matter the gameplay, or even the game, honestly.

hbkdx12

Yo, stealth missions driving a Batmobile suck.

I got past it eventually, but it sucked.

You can shoot the canon to distract them and lure them where you want.

On multiple occasions i've had tanks looking in my direction (although i was far enough for them to not lock on) shoot my canon right pass them into a wall behind them for them to immediately turn around and investigate. Easy pickings.

GravyButt

Thanks for the replies. One more question because im sadly done playing for the day but its bugging me. I just did the cloudburst battle but im wondering
is the city dead now? I only glided around for a little bit before having to turn it off, but theres noone. Everyone is literally gone. Please tell me the rest of the game isnt like that.
Thanks

Thanks for the replies. One more question because im sadly done playing for the day but its bugging me. I just did the cloudburst battle but im wondering
is the city dead now? I only glided around for a little bit before having to turn it off, but theres noone. Everyone is literally gone. Please tell me the rest of the game isnt like that.
Thanks

Dont worry it wont be like that!

Question I had about this game:

Are the Riddler challenges where you take pictures (or "scan" or whatever they call it) of iconic Batman+Villian stuff in this game?

They were in Asylum and City, but them not being in Origins was one of my biggest disappointments in that game since I really liked doing those challenges. It's a fun way of learning about some of the more obscure Batman lore.

Awesome thanks. Bout how long until normal again or do I need to do the next story mission?

I dont remember exactly but
after you beat the cloudburst I think everything should be back to normal or maybe one or two story missions after that! I could be wrong just cause my memory is a little hazy, sorry!

Question I had about this game:

Are the Riddler challenges where you take pictures (or "scan" or whatever they call it) of iconic Batman+Villian stuff in this game?

They were in Asylum and City, but them not being in Origins was one of my biggest disappointments in that game since I really liked doing those challenges. It's a fun way of learning about some of the more obscure Batman lore.

They're in here and they unlock little stories that you can read, helps flesh out things

Quick

Banned
I stopped doing the main story (I'm around 40% done) and currently focusing on the Most Wanted missions. It's been fun so far.

I finished Creature of the Night, The Line of Duty, and The Perfect Crime so far. Gunrunner is locked (I guess I hit a progression ceiling in the game for that). Still a ways to go, but I wanted to at least get through most of them before progressing further in the story.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hmm, this is annoying. Apparently you need to be ingame to get the predator takedowns to count, since it doesn't register them if you load the challenges in the menu. Now I'm doing this, but one particular takedown I still need is the vent takedown.

But... ingame the vents don't appear anymore for me. I know there's one in the Terminal Velocity map, but it's just an opening now. Only when I load that map from the main menu do the vents spawn again. This is really annoying since I'm sure it's one of the final ones I have left. The only chance I have at getting this again is starting NG+ probably.

I can't find vents in any of the other challenges either, so this feels like a cruel joke lol

Hmm, this is annoying. Apparently you need to be ingame to get the predator takedowns to count, since it doesn't register them if you load the challenges in the menu. Now I'm doing this, but one particular takedown I still need is the vent takedown.

But... ingame the vents don't appear anymore for me. I know there's one in the Terminal Velocity map, but it's just an opening now. Only when I load that map from the main menu do the vents spawn again. This is really annoying since I'm sure it's one of the final ones I have left. The only chance I have at getting this again is starting NG+ probably.

I can't find vents in any of the other challenges either, so this feels like a cruel joke lol

So that's why that vent appeared and disappeared for me. Weird that that doesn't come back consider everything that's destructible in the streets respawns.

Kinyou

One question concerning the very ending

So I could initiate Knight fall but I haven't collect all the Riddler stuff yet. Can I still collect them after I've done Knightfall or does this completely end the game?

GravyButt

About how much the main story time wise is left? It says 80%
just defeated cloudburst and decrypted the swat message at gcpd and the commish is going after scarecrow

Thanks!

Predator takedowns do track in AR challenges actually. If you need a vent takedown do the terminal velocity challenge (i think) it's the one with the turret gun in the middle with the one gatling gun enemy you need to take out with an environmental takedown.

I takedown people look over is the line launcher takedown. Make sure you do that too.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Predator takedowns do track in AR challenges actually. If you need a vent takedown do the terminal velocity challenge (i think) it's the one with the turret gun in the middle with the one gatling gun enemy you need to take out with an environmental takedown.

I takedown people look over is the line launcher takedown. Make sure you do that too.

I know... I'm doing the AR challenges, but you have to load them on the ingame map for the takedowns to register, not in the menu. At least that's the theory going around as to why this trophy's bugging out for many people.

So I'm loading the challenges ingame, but it's just using your game world from the campaign, and that's where the vents have disappeared.

I know... I'm doing the AR challenges, but you have to load them on the ingame map for the takedowns to register, not in the menu. At least that's the theory going around as to why this trophy's bugging out for many people.

So I'm loading the challenges ingame, but it's just using your game world from the campaign, and that's where the vents have disappeared.

The vents are gone?

EDIT: I 99% sure if you load it from the menu it will still count. You sure that is the only takedown you are missing?

Sober

Oh man, the only dumb thing about Origins is the auto-detonate explosive gel upgrade. There's a reason it got taken out of Asylum. Totally ruins setups where you want to blow the wall on someone or stun more than one dude. If a thug walks by on the wrong side then the wall is wasted and they just get stunned instead of KO'd.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
EDIT: I 99% sure if you load it from the menu it will still count. You sure that is the only takedown you are missing?

Well I'm just trusting this rumour/story I read, that says you need to be ingame. Because I've already done the takedown from the main menu, but nothing. I'm pretty sure I did all the other ones, but I'll maybe repeat some of the harder takedowns, see if that makes a difference. This trophy is bugged for a lot of people :(

Important Note: Make sure you do these challenges in free roam! Don't access the AR challenges from the main menu and do the takedowns as for some reason it doesn't seem to count there.

this is what the guide on pstrophies says.

I would just go back through the list of takedowns. They're all in the "select" menu. I didn't remember ever doing a vent takedown, but apparently I did as the only takedown I had to go for was the line launcher one.

Pretty sure AR challenges count the moves too.

Akai__

The vents are gone?

Probably a glitch, but that happened also to my AR challenge. Luckily, I was only missing the Line Launcher one.

Yep :( They're there if I use the main menu, and gone in the game world. Either a bug, or either because the game doesn't respawn them when you remove them in the main game. I'm thinking about just starting my NG+, that should bring them back.

Like I said previously in the thread. Make sure you either die or restart after each move. If you just exit, it won't save your progress.

Yep :( They're there if I use the main menu, and gone in the game world. Either a bug, or either because the game doesn't respawn them when you remove them in the main game. I'm thinking about just starting my NG+, that should bring them back.

Have you tried to see if you still have vents in the area where the Predator Fundamentals AR training mission is?

.J.

Banned
title for ot #2 (if we get there):

batman: arkham knight |ot| what boss fights?

Haha, I'm in support of this. I view a boss fight-less Batman in the same way I would a Metroid or Castlevania game with no boss fights. It should really be a part of the experience, and it just isn't here.

I was honestly shocked that I was able to sneak up on
Harvey
and do a take down on him.

The only boss fight that really sort of felt like one was
Pyg
, IMO.

The
Harvey
was a huge disappointment. I was expecting more face-to-face/one-on-one action, rather than just another Predator fight.

During my fight with him
he just stood stationary in one place till I beat him up. Such a waste of potential. They could have done anything to contextualize him properly. Like let him use his coin to make decisions on how he orders his men or something.

Yeah, all of the Two-Face stuff was a big disappointment (I'm not spoiler tagging his presence in the game, because he's in the intro cinematic). Same with Penguin and everyone else. I've already been in this argument with people on this thread, so I'm not going to get into it into detail again, but suffice it to say, no amount of "good" gameplay can make up for the COMPLETE absence of good boss fights.

Haha, I'm in support of this. I view a boss fight-less Batman in the same way I would a Metroid or Castlevania game with no boss fights. It should really be a part of the experience, and it just isn't here.

Yeah, all of the Two-Face stuff was a big disappointment (I'm not spoiler tagging his presence in the game, because he's in the intro cinematic). Same with Penguin and everyone else. I've already been in this argument with people on this thread, so I'm not going to get into it into detail again, but suffice it to say, no amount of "good" gameplay can make up for the COMPLETE absence of good boss fights.

Yeah, Two-Face totally got the same treatment as he did in AC. I was really surprised by how they again just tied his fight to a predator section, minus a rocket launcher.

Apparently for a lot of people, that's the case with Asylum :p

Yeah, Two-Face totally got the same treatment as he did in AC. I was really surprised by how they again just tied his fight to a predator section, minus a rocket launcher.

It was a bit better here as far as his characterization and dialogue though.

While I would've like some kind of hostage situation or other spin on it, I'm of the opinion villains like Two-Face should take any more hits than the average dude. Give him a different weapon or more dialogue, sure, but he should get taken out just like any other.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Have you tried to see if you still have vents in the area where the Predator Fundamentals AR training mission is?

That's a great tip. Went back there, there were vents. Did that, but it actually popped immediately after I did the 'ceiling grate from below' takedown. I'm guessing I overlooked that one. Wish I remembered that fundamentals map, you can do a lot of different takedowns there.

Thanks for the help everyone. Only NG+ and 69 stars to do now.

Sober

It was a bit better here as far as his characterization and dialogue though.

While I would've like some kind of hostage situation or other spin on it, I'm of the opinion villains like Two-Face should take any more hits than the average dude. Give him a different weapon or more dialogue, sure, but he should get taken out just like any other.
Poor Two-Face, he fell down some escalator stairs. BATMAN VILLAIN

One thing all the Arkham games lack is a chase sequence while Batman is on foot, we kind of got one with Croc in Asylum, but after watching a few of the animated Batman films, there have been a few missed opportunities in these games.

SJRB

Gold Member
One thing all the Arkham games lack is a chase sequence while Batman is on foot, we kind of got one with Croc in Asylum, but after watching a few of the animated Batman films, there have been a few missed opportunities in these games.

There's no villain in Arkham Knight capable of chasing Batman, he'd beat the shit out of all of them.

Where Batman was being chased? If not, there's a ninja chase in City. The on-foot speed isn't exactly fast in these games though.

There's no villain in Arkham Knight capable of chasing Batman, he'd beat the shit out of all of them.

True that, he is pretty bad ass. I also meant Batman chasing some villains down, like Arkham Knight. He's pretty capable I think.

Where Batman was being chased? If not, there's a ninja chase in City. The on-foot speed isn't exactly fast in these games though.

Forgot about that chase scene. Meant both ways, I just think a little set piece chase wouldn't exactly do this series a lot of harm. For example, would have loved to see Batman chasing down the Arkham Knight rooftop to rooftop. Like once the sequence kicks off just have Batman move faster then he normally does. Would be a cool thing to play I think.

AsfaeksBR

I'm about 75% into the main campaign, after the
toxin is released on the city
, and this is seriously GOTY candidate for me.
The story is amazing,
Joker
as a
sidekick
is one of the most clever things they did, the part where
Joker's singing while you're controlling Robin defusing the bombs
was extremely well made and showed how screwed up
Batman's mind
is.

The Batmobile is great also, really love driving it and the Tank is fun to control. It's amazing to take out 20 cars while there are dozens of lasers targeting you, and you're shootng and evading.

So far, a solid 10/10!

Forgot about that chase scene. Meant both ways, I just think a little set piece chase wouldn't exactly do this series a lot of harm. For example, would have loved to see Batman chasing down the Arkham Knight rooftop to rooftop. Like once the sequence kicks off just have Batman move faster then he normally does. Would be a cool thing to play I think.

That would be great, especially out in the city.

I was hoping for something like the on-foot chase in Under the Red Hood in AK. There were a few villains in the game that could've provided something like that.

Top Bottom