• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

.J.

Banned
Apparently for a lot of people, that's the case with Asylum :p

It was a bit better here as far as his characterization and dialogue though.

While I would've like some kind of hostage situation or other spin on it, I'm of the opinion villains like Two-Face should take any more hits than the average dude. Give him a different weapon or more dialogue, sure, but he should get taken out just like any other.

You are my nemesis.

malfcn

This encounter with the Knight is annoying. Only part of the game that the controls are fighting me.
Got it. I was fumbling the cover system.

SomTervo

I'm about 75% into the main campaign, after the
toxin is released on the city
, and this is seriously GOTY candidate for me.
The story is amazing,
Joker
as a
sidekick
is one of the most clever things they did, the part where
Joker's singing while you're controlling Robin defusing the bombs
was extremely well made and showed how screwed up
Batman's mind
is.

The Batmobile is great also, really love driving it and the Tank is fun to control. It's amazing to take out 20 cars while there are dozens of lasers targeting you, and you're shootng and evading.

So far, a solid 10/10!

This is how i feel!

Unfortunately by the time you're reaching 100% a few cracks do show (I love the Batmobile but i was finally getting tired of it once defusing the final mines), so it's a straight 9/10 for me. Still GotY candidate.

Yeah, all of the Two-Face stuff was a big disappointment (I'm not spoiler tagging his presence in the game, because he's in the intro cinematic). Same with Penguin and everyone else. I've already been in this argument with people on this thread, so I'm not going to get into it into detail again, but suffice it to say, no amount of "good" gameplay can make up for the COMPLETE absence of good boss fights.

Really? Huh, that's disappointing. I'm about 50% through the game, and I have been wondering where all the Boss fights are.

That was what really made Arkham City so great and a step up from Asylum, its boss fights.

Which puzzles in City were poorly made? There weren't any that I remember being ambiguous or flawed compared to some in AK (like the one on the outside of the blimp).

A lot of them. Specially the ones you had to drive the twitchy remote control batarang to trigger sometrhing. And some riddles were extremely hidden and hard to find without help.

In Arkham Knight I found challenging, but not overly hard to do them. The main problem with Riddler stuff in AK is that they are waaaaay overdone. 70% of what we got would be ideal.

That would be great, especially out in the city.

I was hoping for something like the on-foot chase in Under the Red Hood in AK. There were a few villains in the game that could've provided something like that.

That's exactly what I watched that got me thinking about it, that scene in the movie is so well done, would have loved to see something like that translated to game form in one of the Arkham games.

Megasoum

Banned
So just to be sure...

I'm almost done with the story, it's safe to just finish the story and then come back to finish the side stuff afterward to get the true ending?

Like there's no reason I would hold off on finishing the main story to finish all the side stuff first?

.J.

Banned
So just to be sure...

I'm almost done with the story, it's safe to just finish the story and then come back to finish the side stuff afterward to get the true ending?

Like there's no reason I would hold off on finishing the main story to finish all the side stuff first?

Yeah, it's fine. It'll just boot you back to the game world to keep plugging away at the tedious stuff.

AR challenges, all takedowns, and stupid stunt jumps. Saved the 3 shit trophies for last. Honestly no desire to do any of them but i got this far so might as well. Thank FUCK there wasnt Perfect Knight 3.0.

So just to be sure...

It's safe.

If you're curious: You miss out on unique dialogue for finishing them after the main story by doing them before the end, or you miss out on dialogue for finishing before the end by doing them after. If you really want to here it all, the best way to do it is to finish all side missions before finishing the main story, then in another playthrough, finish the main game before finishing any side missions.

beat story and watched the 100% ending and riddler battles online because fuck knows I wasn't doing them.

Don't know what to say exactly other than this wasn't as strong as Arkham City.

Tansut

I finally got the 100% ending a little bit earlier today. I am immensely satisfied with how this game wrapped up not only the story it told, but the series itself. It doesn't tie everything up in a neat little bow, as there are a couple vague loose ends, but on the whole I'm pretty dang pleased. When Asylum first launched I remember it feeling like a minor miracle we got a Batman game that was so good. It's kinda crazy we ended up with a whole series like that.

I'm not sure if it's my favorite of the series though. It did a lot right, but the tank stuff was overplayed near the end and kinda got long in the tooth. And this is coming from someone who really enjoyed that Batmobile stuff for the most part. I'll have to let some time separate before I can really make a call on where it stands compared to City.

Definitely looking forward to the DLC we have coming!

gsx302

on the pc how do i change from tracker ammo to whatever the other is on the disruptor?
I feel like I can't figure it out for some reason :(

on the pc how do i change from tracker ammo to whatever the other is on the disruptor?
I feel like I can't figure it out for some reason :(
It's contextual. If you aim at something, a message at the right of the screen will tell you what the disruptor will do when used on it. It will also indicate if you need an upgrade first. Once you have an upgrade, it doesn't require you to switch ammo types or anything.

If you hit the body of a vehicle, it'll track it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Just 75 more riddles. Fuck you Riddler. Saved all the breakable objects for last. >:D Missing one more location though, probably story related.

Dez_

Finished the game recently. Had a really great time with it. I really enjoyed getting into the Batman universe, as I'm pretty unfamiliar with all of this in general, so I found the story to be pretty entertaining overall. Batmobile parts were enjoyable, though I wish they did a better job with escalating the encounters over simply adding more of the same drones to battle.

Pretty satisfied with the game overall. Going to try and clean up most of the sidequests, other than the Riddler stuff. Don't really have the drive for that.

Megasoum

Banned
I wish there was a way to disable the pop-up on PS4 that tells you when Recording is disabled and then re-enabled. It kinda spoils the fact that a big cutscene is coming up.

I looked in the Notifications settings but didn't see anything specific to that.

Dez_

I wish there was a way to disable the pop-up on PS4 that tells you when Recording is disabled and then re-enabled. It kinda spoils the fact that a big cutscene is coming up.

I looked in the Notifications settings but didn't see anything specific to that.
Honestly, why is this even a thing? First time I saw this was with Ground Zeros, but if devs/publishers are so sensitive about spoilers, this isn't going to stop anyone.

I just want to chime in, I really haven't read through this thread for fear of spoilers. I picked this up on Monday and I have to say this game is fantastic (ps4). I had to finish the story having played all of the other Rocksteady Batman games and being of huge fan of the hero himself. I can't believe how perfected the formula is this time around. I'm not even close to being done, and while City may be my favorite storyline for now, this game is unmatched in terms of feeling like Bats. Swooping in and around the city, flying down to meet a group of thugs and finishing them off with the batmobile. And the audio is out of this world with my headphones.

You sure you 100 percented the rest? I wasn't able to get it to work until the signal bars were at 90 percent. I only had the Riddler stuff left unfinished. But thing is, some have shown that they can pull it off even without completing most of it. Maybe a bug? Just annoying.
Has Rocksteady commented on this already? Really curious to know if it's a bug or do we need to trigger something specific.

Yes. I have 100% everything except the Riddler stuff, at which I'm at like 97%. I don't want to waste my time and collect the trophies. But I can't initiate knightfall. Why?

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
One more shit stain to lock up

LMe0DNw.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Well I just finished the story.

What an amazing game.

I want a wallpaper of the scene where (major endgame spoiler)

When you see Batman through Scarecrow's eyes after he got drugged.

Arttemis

Seeing the entirety of Arkham City and the connected island from Origins from Gotham's taller buildings is such a wave of nostalgia. If only the game allowed you to go there!!!

I wish I could free roam as the other playable characters, and had access to the other areas from previous games........ Now I hope they're remaking Asylum and City (and origins) with Knight's combat mechanics. I'd rebuy and replay them all.

Nori Chan

Can't figure out this Riddle room.
Cats and Bats are separate with an electrified floor.

IIRC, you have to sit on one with one of them and they will light up a path for you to go on based on the other room. For example, you sit on something as batman and in front of you a path for cat woman to follow is lit up. Follow that, then a path for batman will show up. Eventually you'll go through the whole thing

malfcn

IIRC, you have to sit on one with one of them and they will light up a path for you to go on based on the other room. For example, you sit on something as batman and in front of you a path for cat woman to follow is lit up. Follow that, then a path for batman will show up. Eventually you'll go through the whole thing

Wow I am dumb. It was so obvious.
I think I was a bit tired and distracted by my wife. :p

And I think I tried a variation of that trick, and it didn't work. Therefor I thought I was wrong.

Crossing Eden

90% through the main story.
Holy fuck that was awesome, Rocksteady get Redhood, that tank battle in the sewers was tense as hell since getting caught meant instadeath. And seeing his helmet go from blue to Red, obvious, but brilliant. Oracle is alive T-T.
I love this game. And my god the VA for
Gordon, Jason,
and especially Scarecrow is so on point.

Ephemeris

finally 100%
90% through the main story.
Holy fuck that was awesome, Rocksteady get Redhood, that tank battle in the sewers was tense as hell since getting caught meant instadeath. And seeing his helmet go from blue to Red, obvious, but brilliant. Oracle is alive T-T.
I love this game. And my god the VA for
Gordon, Jason,
and especially Scarecrow is so on point.

probably my fave stretch of the game.

That's a great tip. Went back there, there were vents. Did that, but it actually popped immediately after I did the 'ceiling grate from below' takedown. I'm guessing I overlooked that one. Wish I remembered that fundamentals map, you can do a lot of different takedowns there.

Thanks for the help everyone. Only NG+ and 69 stars to do now.

You can do all takedowns there except for the glass ceiling takedown. That's funny, I was missing that same takedown even though I'm 100% sure I got it during the campaign. What I realized is that it didn't count it during the campaign because the prompt has to say "Ceiling Takedown from Below" when you press Triangle. If it just says "Takedown" then it won't register as a ceiling takedown from below, even though it still is.

You got A Leap of Faith? If so, any tips would be greatly appreciated as it's the last trophy I need and I've spent 5 hours on it with no luck. Checked multiple YouTube videos as well.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You can do all takedowns there except for the glass ceiling takedown. That's funny, I was missing that same takedown even though I'm 100% sure I got it during the campaign. What I realized is that it didn't count it during the campaign because the prompt has to say "Ceiling Takedown from Below" when you press Triangle. If it just says "Takedown" then it won't register as a ceiling takedown from below, even though it still is.

You got A Leap of Faith? If so, any tips would be greatly appreciated as it's the last trophy I need and I've spent 5 hours on it with no luck. Checked multiple YouTube videos as well.

That one was really annoying. I saw a youtube video that showed 16 ramps or something like that and I didn't get it until the 15th one.

The only real tip I could say is it seems like the car makes a different noise when it actually lands a jump over that distance, it'll be a louder boom noise. I did each jump a few times until I was sure I heard that.

Crossing Eden

You know, unlocking character models, (which look absolutely amazing in this game) is a great incentive for collecting trophies. Don't care for the city stories though. Gonna collect the rest before finishing the story, haven't progressed yet.

Iceternal

Damn, if the game had ONE MORE dungeon and an Arkham Knight boss fight, it would be a 10/10, those two things bring it down to 8/10 to me.

ZeroX03

Banned
Seems like I won't be getting platinum on this one, just like Arkham City, because of that dirty combo trophy =(

I hate you, perfect freeflow.

It's not a perfect freeflow, it's only 15 out of 30 moves. Which is actually pretty easy to get considering all the options the game gives you. There's super moves for each gadget to easily rack up the count.

If it's really hard stick the game on easy, fight an unarmed mob and make every second move an evade but if you can get the AR combat challenges then any freeflow trophy should be really easy. This game has the easiest combat trophies yet.

Trashbat

Playing AK has given me an itch to replay AA and AC. However, having got rid of my X360 (now on PS4) I'll have to hang on for the re-master versions. I'm not contemplating the PS now versions (UK prices...)

What happened to the remasters of these games? Seems to have gone quiet. Did i miss something at E3?

KevinCow

Banned
It's not a perfect freeflow, it's only 15 out of 30 moves. Which is actually pretty easy to get considering all the options the game gives you. There's super moves for each gadget to easily rack up the count.

Do the super gadgets count separately from the regular gadgets? Like can your 15 include both a regular batarang and the exploding batarang?

ZeroX03

Banned
Do the super gadgets count separately from the regular gadgets? Like can your 15 include both a regular batarang and the exploding batarang?

Yes.

Counter
Strike
Cape Stun
Super Stun
Charged Super Stun
Redirect
Aerial Juggle
Batclaw Slam
Blade Dodge Takedown
Batclaw Super Stun
Ground Takedown
Aerial Attack
Quick Batarang
Quick Freeze Bomb
Electrical Charge
Quick Explosive Gel
Environmental Takedown
Beat Down
Combat Pick Up
Weapon Steal
Special Combo Batarang
Special Combo Freeze Blast
Special Combo Explosive Gel
Special Combo Takedown
Special Combo Electrical Charge
Special Combo Batclaw
Special Combo Multi Ground Takedown
Special Combo Disarm and Destroy
Batmobile Assisted Takedown
Tag Team Takedown

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...atman-arkham-knight-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

Top Bottom