• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

It's not a perfect freeflow, it's only 15 out of 30 moves. Which is actually pretty easy to get considering all the options the game gives you. There's super moves for each gadget to easily rack up the count.

If it's really hard stick the game on easy, fight an unarmed mob and make every second move an evade but if you can get the AR combat challenges then any freeflow trophy should be really easy. This game has the easiest combat trophies yet.

It's the same thing, just with another name.

You might find it easy, but I don't. I'm pretty sure that this one held me off the platinum on the first one as well.

Spinluck

90% through the main story.
Holy fuck that was awesome, Rocksteady get Redhood, that tank battle in the sewers was tense as hell since getting caught meant instadeath. And seeing his helmet go from blue to Red, obvious, but brilliant. Oracle is alive T-T.
I love this game. And my god the VA for
Gordon, Jason,
and especially Scarecrow is so on point.

Isn't the voice for Gordon - Mike from Breaking Bad?

SJRB

Gold Member
You usually have to chase Riddler informants on foot, since they tend to run away. That's kind of a foot chase.

Just batclaw-pull them towards you. Or knock them down with a batarang.

When I just started playing I was chasing down this asshole when suddenly I thought "what the hell am I doing? I'm the goddamn Batman". Gadgets.. Gadgets are the answer to everything.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's the same thing, just with another name.

You might find it easy, but I don't. I'm pretty sure that this one held me off the platinum on the first one as well.

It's not the same thing. Arkham City you had to use everything. Knight you only have to use half the moves available, most of which you can make up with gadgets. I find it hard to believe that you can beat City's extreme challenge maps and Knightmare mode but not be able to do Knight's much easier freeflow trophy. Unlike Asylum and City you don't have to use moves like ground takedown or beatdown that leave you vulnerable to a broken combo.

Isn't the voice for Gordon - Mike from Breaking Bad?

Yes.

It's not the same thing. Arkham City you had to use everything. Knight you only have to use half the moves available, most of which you can make up with gadgets. I find it hard to believe that you can beat City's extreme challenge maps and Knightmare mode but not be able to do Knight's much easier freeflow trophy.

In City there were what? 14 combinations? In Knight you have to do 15...

It's the same thing.

About the Challenges, the combat ones are pretty easy: punch, jump at the back of the thug, punch, jump. Rinse and repeat. Your combo never falls and you get the points maxxed out pretty easily.

And it's not hard to understand. I'm crappy at precision controls and the memorization. But I'm good at strategy and quite like explore game mechanichs into my benefit, specially if some kind of stealth is envolved.

Smashing buttons in a particular order, without breaking a combo streak? Not so much.

ZeroX03

Banned
In City there were what? 14 combinations? In Knight you have to do 15...

It's the same thing.

Read the edited post. It's easier. You've got more easy options and don't have to use things like ground takedown or beatdown that can be interrupted. Jesus you're a stubborn bastard, stop arguing with me and try actually doing it using the list I posted up.

About the Challenges, the combat ones are pretty easy: punch, jump at the back of the thug, punch, jump. Rinse and repeat. Your combo never falls and you get the points maxxed out pretty easily.

And it's not hard to understand. I'm crappy at precision controls and the memorization. But I'm good at strategy and quite like explore game mechanichs into my benefit, specially if some kind of stealth is envolved.

Smashing buttons in a particular order, without breaking a combo streak? Not so much.

You know you can throw an evade inbetween everything you do in freeflow right? You don't have to do the combo in an particular order and it takes a long time for the combo meter to fade (and it resets if you evade). You can literally just do a move, and continuously evade until you think of the next move to do. And in Knight 8/15 of those moves can be gadgets, unlike City which makes it drastically easier.

Read the edited post. It's easier. You've got more easy options and don't have to use things like ground takedown or beatdown that can be interrupted. Jesus you're a stubborn bastard, stop arguing with me and try actually doing it using the list I posted up.

I already did.

Quite mature of you jumping to name calling. Not everyone have the same skills.

ZeroX03

Banned
I already did.

Quite mature of you jumping to name calling. Not everyone have the same skills.

I assumed you hadn't read the list considering you keep saying "it's the same thing" when it isn't. It's easier because there's more options and you don't have to use them all. Really that simple.

Zakalwe

Banned

You know you can throw an evade inbetween everything you do in freeflow right? You don't have to do the combo in an particular order and it takes a long time for the combo meter to fade (and it resets if you evade). You can literally just do a move, and continuously evade until you think of the next move to do. And in Knight 8/15 of those moves can be gadgets, unlike City which makes it drastically easier.

You're being a jerk, get off his case already.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
You got A Leap of Faith? If so, any tips would be greatly appreciated as it's the last trophy I need and I've spent 5 hours on it with no luck. Checked multiple YouTube videos as well.

One tip I'd give, which is also featured in the videos, is to set a waypoint about 100m further, so that you're sure that jump counts. I followed a guide and got it after 9 or 10 jumps, making sure I jumped past my waypoint. I read about the trouble this one has caused others, but it popped very quickly for me.

GrazGamer

I am really surprised by what I perceive as the damage done to this game's legacy by the quality of the PC version.

Looking at the social media channels for Rocksteady and Sefton Hill, they were buzzing with pre-release hype and excitement right up until last week.

I appreciate it may be all hands on deck to help fix it but to actually be shut down from social media and not engaging with your audience during the first couple of weeks of the games release I would imagine must be so disappointing, especially for a concluding chapter to an otherwise outstanding game series.

Reading comments from RS Marketing Manager, Guy Perkins, in a interview with GamesTM they picked his brains on the recent buggy AAA releases and they were so determined to release a great product, which to be fair they have on console, but will the PC version overshadow the console game and be another, only remembered as arguably the worst AAA launch of this gen so far? It's certainly the worst PC port I have played.

I know some would argue, mechanically, it's a weak entry in the Arkham series anyway but I personally was so hyped and I am loving the PS4 version, while wondering how the game would have been maxed out at 60fps on my PC and instead of feeling the love for Rocksteady, I just feel disappointment.

Predator takedowns do track in AR challenges actually. If you need a vent takedown do the terminal velocity challenge (i think) it's the one with the turret gun in the middle with the one gatling gun enemy you need to take out with an environmental takedown.

I takedown people look over is the line launcher takedown. Make sure you do that too.

What's a good place to do that at?

I am really surprised by what I perceive as the damage done to this game's legacy by the quality of the PC version.

Looking at the social media channels for Rocksteady and Sefton Hill, they were buzzing with pre-release hype and excitement right up until last week.

I appreciate it may be all hands on deck to help fix it but to actually be shut down from social media and not engaging with your audience during the first couple of weeks of the games release I would imagine must be so disappointing, especially for a concluding chapter to an otherwise outstanding game series.

UbGvsyq.jpg

SomTervo

I think a Riddler puzzle may be bugged for me.

It's one of those woefully designed ones where you use the Batmobile's detective scanner to track questionmarks around the city. It's the one that starts on top of the big building on Bleake Island, where you have to drive over the glass roof all the way around and Batmobile-grapple a wall to get across.

Basically I followed the question marks all the way off the building, underground, through tunnels, out into a canal, then they went up the wall on the opposite side of the canal. I went up a nearby ramp to the street level, terrified I'd lose the questionmark and have to do all of it again, and sure enough, the questionmark trail disappeared. I went back to the top of the building (total pain in the arse) and found the trace-point – but now it's not active and I can't start the trace again. It's like the game marked it as 'complete' even though I never picked up the Riddler trophy at the end of the trail.

Wtf

Finished the game recently. Had a really great time with it. I really enjoyed getting into the Batman universe, as I'm pretty unfamiliar with all of this in general, so I found the story to be pretty entertaining overall. Batmobile parts were enjoyable, though I wish they did a better job with escalating the encounters over simply adding more of the same drones to battle.

Pretty satisfied with the game overall. Going to try and clean up most of the sidequests, other than the Riddler stuff. Don't really have the drive for that.

Fantastic to hear, especially as someone who's not familiar with the universe.

FYI the Riddler stuff is really daunting, but once you have nothing else to do and the game just becomes a puzzle solving thing, the Riddler puzzles are some of the best content in the game.

does anyone's health just not recharge after some fights? I don't understand how you're supposed to get your health back.

You recharge your health by getting experience points.

And you only get experience from fights if they're on a mission.

So basically go do a Batmobile challenge or do a Riddler puzzle or a Penguin mission - just do something to net you some experience, and your health will come back.

I think levelling up an ability also gets you health back, especially armour abilities.

You can do them all except glass ceiling takedown in Predator Fundamentals, just make sure to access it within free roam.

It's one of those woefully designed ones where you use the Batmobile's detective scanner to track questionmarks around the city. It's the one that starts on top of the big building on Bleake Island, where you have to drive over the glass roof all the way around and Batmobile-grapple a wall to get across.

Basically I followed the question marks all the way off the building, underground, through tunnels, out into a canal, then they went up the wall on the opposite side of the canal. I went up a nearby ramp to the street level, terrified I'd lose the questionmark and have to do all of it again, and sure enough, the questionmark trail disappeared. I went back to the top of the building (total pain in the arse) and found the trace-point – but now it's not active and I can't start the trace again. It's like the game marked it as 'complete' even though I never picked up the Riddler trophy at the end of the trail.

Wtf

This happened to me. Either get to a save point (by getting a different trophy or entering a building) or drive far away from the area and it should reset.

Wtf

Yeah, the fact those disappear make them too involving. There's one where you have to travel inside a monorail station to open a gate, then regain the trail, but there's almost no way to do that without having to start it over. Can't remember exactly where that is, but if you come across a gate, open it in advance in case it's that one.

D7n

78% in,
about to battle the Cloudburst tank. Right before took out a bunch more Cobra tanks. Please, please tell me that is the end of the Cobra tanks?

Yeah, the fact those disappear make them too involving. There's one where you have to travel inside a monorail station to open a gate, then regain the trail, but there's almost no way to do that without having to start it over. Can't remember exactly where that is, but if you come across a gate, open it in advance in case it's that one.

It's the one which starts on the Wayne Tower. Before all that hussle with the station gate, you have to jump over the water with the tankmobile.

78% in,
about to battle the Cloudburst tank. Right before took out a bunch more Cobra tanks. Please, please tell me that is the end of the Cobra tanks?

Nope. Not even close to the end of that. With the right armour and combat upgrades on the tankmobile it gets easy, though.

Nope. Not even close to the end of that. With the right armour and combat upgrades on the tankmobile it gets easy, though.

Isn't that the last non-side mission one though? Though since activating the first ending is glitched for a lot people, some might consider the side-mission stuff part of the main game.

The Batgirl DLC better come out on PC. Yes, it's not in the state it should be, but it's running well enough to play for many, and I'd rather it be available for anyone who already owns the game and is willing to run it as is.

I'm on my NG+ playthrough and having all upgrades for the Batmobile makes even the bomb diffusing tank fights fun. For the ones around the clocktower in the main game, I just drove around the block, boosting into them and blowing them up, same with the ones on Miagani island after the bridge gets put down.

Here's hoping for a TDKR returns segment in the DLC.

The Batgirl DLC better come out on PC. Yes, it's not in the state it should be, but it's running well enough to play for many, and I'd rather it be available for anyone who already owns the game and is willing to run it as is.

I'm pretty sure they said a few weeks after consoles, the whole PC stuff is a mess

Chitown B

is there a way to take down mines other than the disrupter upgrade? i only have one point and I don't have any more story to get easy points - and I never got it. I need it for a trophy.

delSai

is there a way to take down mines other than the disrupter upgrade? i only have one point and I don't have any more story to get easy points - and I never got it. I need it for a trophy.
Do AR challenges to earn points and learn the skill. Dunno of any other way.

Is new game + and some side missions in there a way to get easy exp?

(I'm not actually sure when side stuff kicks in!)

78% in,

Yes, in the main story. Not sure if there are any Cobras in the side missions, though.

edit: Cobra tanks were my least favorite thing about this game. I actually enjoy the arcadey action of the other tank fights. Tank stealth was terrible, though.

TheGrue

I''m kind of scratching my head on why they pulled the PC version. I have a 980 and I'm running it with only the fog effect turned off as it causes frames to tank at times with it on. But, I'm almost done the main story of the game and I've had no crashes or anything that I would say makes it unplayable. Maybe just lucky there. I have had issues with it launching a couple of times, but I kill the game and relaunch it and it works.

Honestly, it's my favorite of the Arkham games just because I'm really enjoying the story on it.

Seems the best AR challenge to do is the Invisible Predator tutorial back when you first get the new suit. You can pretty much do all the takedowns there except the glass ceiling one.

I''m kind of scratching my head on why they pulled the PC version. I have a 980 and I'm running it with only the fog effect turned off as it causes frames to tank at times with it on. But, I'm almost done the main story of the game and I've had no crashes or anything that I would say makes it unplayable. Maybe just lucky there. I have had issues with it launching a couple of times, but I kill the game and relaunch it and it works.

Honestly, it's my favorite of the Arkham games just because I'm really enjoying the story on it.

Run.

E the Shaggy

I wish they had still let you gain XP from fighting random guys on the street like in the past Arkham games. Would have made the post story Riddler trophy slog somewhat more bearable.

I wish they had still let you gain XP from fighting random guys on the street like in the past Arkham games. Would have made the post story Riddler trophy slog somewhat more bearable.

I get why they did it since you could farm out every upgrade right at the beginning of the game, but it would've been good for post game.

The utter tediousness that is finding all the Riddler trophies. I have really enjoyed this game though. 95% story completion and all the Most Wanted side quests completed bar the Riddler's insane request - I have so far managed 100 out of 243.

Imagine if this game didn't launch on PC with so many issues, probably would have been up there for my GOTY.

I mean I get it. But, the game is in the literal exact same state it was two weeks ago. People keep saying it's acceptable. It's acceptable if you have terrible standards. It's in need of a lot of attention and if a DLC story item came before the PC version is even fixed it'd piss off a lot of people.

I mean I get it. But, the game is in the literal exact same state it was two weeks ago. People keep saying it's acceptable. It's acceptable if you have terrible standards. It's in need of a lot of attention and if a DLC story item came before the PC version is even fixed it'd piss off a lot of people.

This has nothing to do with what's acceptable. Everyone's already pissed that the PC version still needs to be fixed. Delaying the DLC for everyone, including those who've had decent-to-good experiences running the game will only piss off more people. I promise there's already people pissed it's coming out on consoles normally, but not PC, seemingly.

Performance is seemingly random and different form person to person, regardless of build. With smoke and debris off, I've been able to get steady 30 fps outside and around 60 in interiors without it being unplayable for me.

In my position, I would rather have the choice of playing the DLC than to not be able to play it at all.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Kinda tempted to get the season pass as well. 3 substantial sp expansions would make that asking price less painful. Guess the keyword is 'substantial' here. Batgirl dlc looks promising though.

Kinda tempted to get the season pass as well. 3 substantial sp expansions would make that asking price less painful. Guess the keyword is 'substantial' here. Batgirl dlc looks promising though.

I would wait to see how "meaty" the Batgirl DLC is. The season pass will always be there. Harley's Revenge (which was $10) then the Harley and Red Hood story packs has me a little worried. For $7 I wouldn't be surprised if it was 45 mins to an hour tops to complete.

GeoGonzo

Err... it DOES need a lot of attention and is without a doubt a bad port, but what seems like a small percentage did have a good experience playing the game on PC.

delSai

One trophy (New Game+) to go!

Besides the three big add ons, i'm really looking forward to more racing tracks and challenge maps. Especially Combat challenges. Sucked that there are only what, 6 of them?

One trophy (New Game+) to go!

Besides the three big add ons, i'm really looking forward to more racing tracks and challenge maps. Especially Combat challenges. Sucked that there are only what, 6 of them?

Yeah, and that you couldn't choose to play any character in them like in Arkham City.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I would wait to see how "meaty" the Batgirl DLC is. The season pass will always be there. Harley's Revenge (which was $10) then the Harley and Red Hood story packs has me a little worried. For $7 I wouldn't be surprised if it was 45 mins to an hour tops to complete.

Yeah I played the Harley Quinn dlc and it was laughable. I hope that's not the standard they set for the other dlc. Red Hood was even shorter I heard? I hope they just put that out for free at some point, it's supposedly only 10 minutes long.

Probably good advice to wait.

The Season of Infamy DLC has 6 new villains introduced to the game, hopefully that one is meaty. Has a lot of potential. The villains leaked online if you want to check out who's in it, maybe help you make the decision.

Top Bottom