• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Yeah I played the Harley Quinn dlc and it was laughable.

It was definitely bizarre. The Catwoman DLC for Arkham City was fantastic, but the Harley stuff was just Rocksteady Harleyizing the regular Batman gameplay, including the weird detective mode and having Harley leap around like a friggin' acrobat. It did not work for me at all.

The Harley Quinn and Red Hood packs were honestly short, but pretty good for a pre-order DLC, I don't think there's any way the DLC people are paying for will be that short.

delSai

Yeah, and that you couldn't choose to play any character in them like in Arkham City.

Lets hope Catwoman, Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl will get some challenge maps. I doubt the other playable character have a chance.

The Harley Quinn and Red Hood packs were honestly short, but pretty good for a pre-order DLC, I don't think there's any way the DLC people are paying for will be that short.

Agreed, i enjoyed both of them. I really liked their animations and i always wanted a Red Hood game, being able to play him in this is a start :p

erawsd

It was definitely bizarre. The Catwoman DLC for Arkham City was fantastic, but the Harley stuff was just Rocksteady Harleyizing the regular Batman gameplay, including the weird detective mode and having Harley leap around like a friggin' acrobat. It did not work for me at all.

Well, the difference is that the Catwoman stuff wasn't really DLC. It was a portion of the main game shamelessly cut out as a stand in for "online passes". The Harley thing is pretty much in line with the usual garbage that comes out of preorder promotions.

Johndoey

Banned
The Catwoman stuff was a fairly major component of the City story so I assume it just got more attention the Hood and Quinn Doc were created just as pre-order incentives as far as I can tell.

I think the problem with those was how they can't be played as challenge maps and have no real scoring or alternate objectives. I thought they each gave enough of a spin on combat/predator gameplay to be interesting, but by the time you get into it, they're over. Harley's fights were way to small too.

The characters and their abilities are pretty good, though I'd like to see more gadgets available. They just need better scenarios to tackle. I liked the small bit of story in Red Hood's, especially after playing the main game.

Pretty sure the Season Pass full description mentioned new DLC Challenge maps for all characters. Would be nice if that extended to Harley & Red Bood, too. Red Hood in particular was a blast to use.

I hope we get some new skins, too. I really want to use some of the leaked suits for a New Game Plus run, namely (Endgame spoilers)
unmasked Bruce Wayne
and the Nolan Batsuit.

The utter tediousness that is finding all the Riddler trophies. I have really enjoyed this game though. 95% story completion and all the Most Wanted side quests completed bar the Riddler's insane request - I have so far managed 100 out of 243.

Imagine if this game didn't launch on PC with so many issues, probably would have been up there for my GOTY.

Riddler's shit isn't that bad compared to some of the stuff in NG+. Imagine having to do all of the watchtowers, mines, checkpoints and Azrael missions again, but worse. Thugs do more damage, as do tanks, and you don't get counter icons so the Azrael ones are especially bad.

Especially the last one
with the ninjas. Makes it impossible to tell if you need to blade dodge or a normal dodge will do.

Riddler's shit isn't that bad compared to some of the stuff in NG+. Imagine having to do all of the watchtowers, mines, checkpoints and Azrael missions again, but worse. Thugs do more damage, as do tanks, and you don't get counter icons so the Azrael ones are especially bad.

Especially the last one
with the ninjas. Makes it impossible to tell if you need to blade dodge or a normal dodge will do.

Ninja's have a different animation start for the blade attack compared to the normal normal strike. It's more of a charge. When in doubt just hold back and the counter button. You will avoid or counter either way and still keep your combo.

Especially the last one

I found the increased difficulty balances out with the upgrades you have at that point. You can destroy enemies in any situation, but mistakes are punished more. I still would like a NG+ that's for normal difficulty though.

---

I skipped getting freeflow focus because I hated the visual effect in Arkham City. Does it do the same wavy fisheye-view thing here?

Chitown B

having issues with a trophy - on Founder's island it's a forensic scanner one. It takes me to a building in the middle of the island and two ?'s go up a building and then just stop. Can't find any other marks around the building.

idonteven

having issues with a trophy - on Founder's island it's a forensic scanner one. It takes me to a building in the middle of the island and two ?'s go up a building and then just stop. Can't find any other marks around the building.

i think thats the one where you need to go up the ramp with the car

Sanke__

Might be one were u need to get the batmobile onto the building to continue

Well, the difference is that the Catwoman stuff wasn't really DLC. It was a portion of the main game shamelessly cut out as a stand in for "online passes". The Harley thing is pretty much in line with the usual garbage that comes out of preorder promotions.

I get what you're saying, but you did actually have to download the Catwoman stuff in Arkham City, thus it was DLC.

And regardless, it was very good, and the Harley DLC is very bad.

Defunkled

Is my game glitched?

I have most of the Riddler stuff done and I'm 89% through the game but the Bomb Rioter right next to Wayne Tower on Miagani will not activate. It's marked on my map but it's been sitting idle for almost half the game now. I've collected everything on Founder's & Bleake (just have a few things left in Arkham Knight HQ and the airship).

Does this sound like a glitch? Or do I have to go even further into the game for the floor pad to activate?

Sojgat

I skipped getting freeflow focus because I hated the visual effect in Arkham City. Does it do the same wavy fisheye-view thing here?

No, and you can use quickfire gadgets as much as you like while in it (Special Combo gadget moves replace Freeflow Focus gadgets). There is no downside to it now.

No, and you can use quickfire gadgets as much as you like while in it (Special Combo gadget moves replace Freeflow Focus gadgets). There is no downside to it now.

Okay, good. I still don't like that the shockwave attack is mandatory to get the divebomb takedown, but that's not as bad as the AC's focus mode.

I think the problem with those was how they can't be played as challenge maps and have no real scoring or alternate objectives. I thought they each gave enough of a spin on combat/predator gameplay to be interesting, but by the time you get into it, they're over. Harley's fights were way to small too.

The characters and their abilities are pretty good, though I'd like to see more gadgets available. They just need better scenarios to tackle. I liked the small bit of story in Red Hood's, especially after playing the main game.

Agreed, those would have been perfect if you could play them as challenge maps after. I like the brutality of playing with Red Hood, was pretty dang cool.

erawsd

I get what you're saying, but you did actually have to download the Catwoman stuff in Arkham City, thus it was DLC.

And regardless, it was very good, and the Harley DLC is very bad.

I'm not saying it wasnt technically DLC. Im saying that the circumstances surrounding its development elevate it above the normal standard, so its almost an unfair comparison. Its probably more fair to compare it with the Robin DLC from AC, which I'd still say its much worst than.

hbkdx12

Should I finish the main storyline first, then do the rest?

To reach the endgame, the game requires you to do a certain amount of side missions

But a lot of the side mission content is gated behind story progression and there will be points where the game will blantantly suggest that you go do some of the side missions

So the best thing to do is to just do the side missions as they come

Should I finish the main storyline first, then do the rest?

Do the Arkham Knight side content (watchtowers, mines, and checkpoints), Firefly, firefighter stuff, Hush and Manbat before you finish the game. Do Two-Face and Penguin after. They have different endings if you finish them after the story is over.

Garlador

I'm not saying it wasnt technically DLC. Im saying that the circumstances surrounding its development elevate it above the normal standard, so its almost an unfair comparison. Its probably more fair to compare it with the Robin DLC from AC, which I'd still say its much worst than.

The content wasn't, or shouldn't, have been optional. It was core content. In the montage of the previous game, they showed a lot of Catwoman scenes. It was evident that Rocksteady views it as part of the main experience, not supplementary.

Tansut

Do the Arkham Knight side content (watchtowers, mines, and checkpoints), Firefly, firefighter stuff, Hush and Manbat before you finish the game. Do Two-Face and Penguin after. They have different endings if you finish them after the story is over.
How do the Two-face and Penguin ones play out if you do it after beating the story?

Sober

I found the increased difficulty balances out with the upgrades you have at that point. You can destroy enemies in any situation, but mistakes are punished more. I still would like a NG+ that's for normal difficulty though.

---

I don't think they even slow down time for freeflow focus anymore. Just gives you a damage boost with the combo up and unused now.

How do the Two-face and Penguin ones play out if you do it after beating the story?

The mission ends the same way, but the conversation in the Batmobile is completely different. Cobblepot blasts Batman for being a Wayne who's made it his life goal to ruin the Cobblepot family (at least in Penguin's eyes) and Two-Face has a very good monologue about how it wasn't Bruce Wayne who Dent and Gordon met on that rooftop, but Batman, as Batman is Wayne's true face.

Ambitious

80% story completion. I just grabbed the
Remote Electrical Charge
. Do I need anything else for the Riddler trophies? There's one last empty spot in the gadget menu, between the Batarang and the Line Launcher.

80% story completion. I just grabbed the
Remote Electrical Charge
. Do I need anything else for the Riddler trophies? There's one last empty spot in the gadget menu, between the Batarang and the Line Launcher.

There's a gadget in the movie studios on a table in the main area.

Chitown B

there seems to be a bug that if you get shot while dropping a smoke pellet - it doesn't actually drop but you get hit with the recharge timer anyway.

Anyone have trouble with them in general? Seems like they don't do much, guys can still see me, and robots seem to not even be bothered.

Chitown B

missing an Arkham Knight HQ "?"

It's the left block of the three on the "Riddles Solved" Screen, and it's in the center of that block. Anyone know which one this is? I went through a guide and swore I got them all.

edit: found a green guy and it was found. It's the one after the boss fight, which I REMEMBER grabbing. So maybe it didn't save? BS. I don't even know how to get back there now.

there seems to be a bug that if you get shot while dropping a smoke pellet - it doesn't actually drop but you get hit with the recharge timer anyway.

Anyone have trouble with them in general? Seems like they don't do much, guys can still see me, and robots seem to not even be bothered.

Robots (drones) are immune to smoke, that's why. They work well on thugs though.

missing an Arkham Knight HQ "?"

It's the left block of the three on the "Riddles Solved" Screen, and it's in the center of that block. Anyone know which one this is? I went through a guide and swore I got them all.

edit: found a green guy and it was found. It's the one after the boss fight, which I REMEMBER grabbing. So maybe it didn't save? BS. I don't even know how to get back there now.

Go in through the elevator on the rooftop, it's marked on your map

Defunkled

Posting this for a new page. Can anyone help? I'm hoping to 100% the game.

Is my game glitched?

I have most of the Riddler stuff done and I'm 89% through the game but the Bomb Rioter right next to Wayne Tower on Miagani will not activate. It's marked on my map but it's been sitting idle for almost half the game now. I've collected everything on Founder's & Bleake (just have a few things left in Arkham Knight HQ and the airship).

Does this sound like a glitch? Or do I have to go even further into the game for the floor pad to activate?

Posting this for a new page. Can anyone help? I'm hoping to 100% the game.

Honestly can't remember if it activates later then that, it does activate at some point though, but if it appears on your map I think it should be activated because from my experience things didn't appear unless I could obtain them. So I'm guessing the pad won't light up as usual right? Seems like a glitch to me if I had to guess.

I'm not as far as you into the game, and I just got that last night, so I can confirm it's not a progress issue.

As for how to resolve the issue...sorry. =(

Jesus, for all of my grievances with some aspects of the game, I still can't get over how damn stunning the game looks. I went back to City and Origins just to play some of the challenge maps, and while they're great looking games, Knight looks damned phenomenal. Like, jesus, what a step up. It's the only Arkham game where I walk instead of run so that I can take in all of the details. Even the cape on the batsuit is noce to look at.

I've actually kinda started finding the Batmobile tank combat somewhat enjoyable too, now that I've somewhat gotten the hang of critical shots. I still think the cobra tanks/Cloudburst tank portions are shit, and the game as a whole could have used a few less mandatory tank encounters, but otherwise, I've warmed up to it a bit.

Jesus, for all of my grievances with some aspects of the game, I still can't get over how damn stunning the game looks. I went back to City and Origins just to play some of the challenge maps, and while they're great looking games, Knight looks damned phenomenal. Like, jesus, what a step up. It's the only Arkham game where I walk instead of run so that I can take in all of the details. Even the cape on the batsuit is noce to look at.

I've actually kinda started finding the Batmobile tank combat somewhat enjoyable too, now that I've somewhat gotten the hang of critical shots. I still think the cobra tanks/Cloudburst tank portions are shit, and the game as a whole could have used a few less mandatory tank encounters, but otherwise, I've warmed up to it a bit.

I walk instead of run in all the Arkham games because it feels completely out of character to do otherwise for me, Only time I run is when I'm chasing someone down or being chased, or something that should be time sensitive in the real world is happening in game. I know I'm freaking weird haha

Chitown B

For some reason I can't picture where you're talking about. Where the boss battle took place or where you were when you first entered the area?

arkham-knight-boss-fight-riddler-trophy-1024x576.jpg

The green one:

arkham-knight-hq-building-map.jpg

Dingle

Neo Member

I'm hoping Arkham Knight is a wake up call to developers like RaD (and partially Crytek, for Ryse), it's possible to have a game look fantastic without sacrificing so much in terms of gameplay. The game really does look good, and it's in full HD too.

I have not found one Riddler trophy and am 33% of the way through the story. lol

The storytelling is incredible though. It absorbs all of my focus right now. I'll go back and do everything else later.

Top Bottom