• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

How is the Batmobile in any way broken or unresponsive? I can understand if you just don't enjoy using it, but it works perfectly fine.

Also, use the machine gun against the helicopter boss.

Some will say that he's exempt from having to justify calling it broken because "opinions"

ZeroX03

Banned
Up to the home stretch and other then the cloudburst tank battles I'm not seeing the 60 percent tank battles crap. Sure I still have a ton of mine side quests todo but even then it's only a small part of the actual game .

I actually wish there was more todo as the batmobile beyond and chases and firefly , I love flying through the streets crashing into everything .

APCs, Firefly, mines, races, puzzles and AR challenges all Batmobile related...

Good point I forgot about the ar challenges and mostly ignored riddler crap, but I terms of main story the actual tank battles portion seems kind of small in comparison . Would I rather even less absolutely but it's still 80 percent a normal batman game.

I actually wish there was less riddler challenges and more predator challenges around the city.

ZeroX03

Banned
All that optional stuff being forced upon players for half their play time.

It is if you want the full ending.

Batmobile isn't as deep or varied as combat or predator. And it has near equal prominence with combat and predator in the main story, and probably more of the optional stuff. It really isn't hard to see why people wouldn't like that and there's no need to constantly defend it.

And I like the Batmobile. But not enough to spend a third of the game on it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ah gawd not this again you know what I mean

How's it broken? And that's not a smart-assed hypothetical question — I really want to hear what's problematic for you, specifically. There've been people who've warmed up to the tank gameplay in this thread after getting a hang of some stuff/getting specific upgrades. Maybe I can point you in the right direction

I should have identified my rant from the start, but objectively here is my issue, and maybe it isn't so much the batmobile as it is the space this fight takes place. From the get go there is the helicopters and 4 tanks that have three way cannons. Not a lot of room to dodge when the chopper is dropping cluster bombs and the tanks are firing all over the place. So maybe its more of a bad bullet hell than car combat.

Once I blow up the tanks I have probably a 3rd health left. I know ideally I want to build up my super meter so I can launch missiles at the dude, but its not working. The dodge in combat mode doesn't seem to work consistently enough or my timing could be off. And to be completely honest, moving, dodging, aiming and shooting all at the same time is not one of my better gaming skill sets, but I also feel I shouldn't need to be good at them to play a Batman Arkham game honestly.

I died the fight 3 times and knew after the third time I went boom the game was close to going snap, so I took it out and turned it off.

ZeroX03

Banned
I should have identified my rant from the start, but objectively here is my issue, and maybe it isn't so much the batmobile as it is the space this fight takes place. From the get go there is the helicopters and 4 tanks that have three way cannons. Not a lot of room to dodge when the chopper is dropping cluster bombs and the tanks are firing all over the place. So maybe its more of a bad bullet hell than car combat.

Once I blow up the tanks I have probably a 3rd health left. I know ideally I want to build up my super meter so I can launch missiles at the dude, but its not working. The dodge in combat mode doesn't seem to work consistently enough or my timing could be off. And to be completely honest, moving, dodging, aiming and shooting all at the same time is not one of my better gaming skill sets, but I also feel I shouldn't need to be good at them to play a Batman Arkham game honestly.

I died the fight 3 times and knew after the third time I went boom the game was close to going snap, so I took it out and turned it off.

Do as many sidequests as you can and load upgrades into Batmobile, if you're having trouble with that then you're going to hate the game later on.

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm done with the story mode and I'm working on the 100% stuff right now.

I just noticed that I have an empty spot in my gadget wheel...

What's supposed to be at 11 o'clock? Between the line launcher and the batarang?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Im starting to think you're actually a Rocksteady employee.

You're still trying to convince everyone of the awesomeness of the batmobile.

who-owl-meme-generator-first-who-are-you-who-who-who-i-really-need-to-know-8a9c26.jpg

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So I'm done with the story mode and I'm working on the 100% stuff right now.

I just noticed that I have an empty spot in my gadget wheel...

What's supposed to be at 11 o'clock? Between the line launcher and the batarang?

The freeze grenade. You can get it in the studio next to one of the cells. I wont get too specific beyond that. Youtube it for more help

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

who-owl-meme-generator-first-who-are-you-who-who-who-i-really-need-to-know-8a9c26.jpg
The batmobile is awesome tho, controls and handles well, tank mode controls like a dream, switching between the two feels fluid, it's a fun time, but don't get me started on those fucking riddler races. Crushanator. -_- I'm gonna kill him.

It is if you want the full ending.

There's nothing that can be done for people who do stuff in a game they don't want to do for the sake of a cutscene. Besides tell them they'll only get a cutscene

For now, take out the tanks first and just focus on the ground (tilt camera to see it better) until they're gone. Don't move around unless you're within the chopper's bomb radii, and make sure you don't dodge into the tanks' firing lines. The double dodge upgrade helps, but you may not have upgrade points for it. Once the tanks are clear, just hold down the machine gun while hitting the helicopter — there's a lot of time to shoot its missile, so always get in a hit with the main cannon as much as possible. It'll be over within a couple minutes with a constant stream of shots. If you have upgrade points for Batmobile, armor, use that in emergencies to refill health.

Nothing short of getting all the upgrades could change your opinion about it, so your focus should be minimizing the difficulty. You'll need to upgrade a few things to do so, but for this fight, you probably don't have many point available.

Get the double dodge upgrade, the damage upgrade (turret) for the 60mm cannon, reload speed for 60mm, Energy Absorption Efficiency and the cobra lure. Choose the hack virus to turn any drone tank against the others (works on even the cobra tanks which come later) and choose the EMP (if that's a choice, cant remember).

There are occasional battles throughout, sometimes With upgrades and constantly firing shots, they last 1-3 minutes each, and 5-7 against two tank boss battles (one optional), depending on how quickly you get to them. Just get those upgrades and they'll be painless.

I'm starting to think you can't actually read

Quick question regarding the very very end of the game (post-scarecrow).

Can anyone answer my question inside the spoiler tag with a quick yes or no?

**spoiler tag is actually a spoiler, not a joke punchline or anything like that**

I'm at the point where the mission screen says press square to activate knightfall protocol

Will I be able to keep playing (as Batman) after I head to GCPD?

Quick question regarding the very very end of the game (post-scarecrow).

Can anyone answer my question inside the spoiler tag with a quick yes or no?

**spoiler tag is actually a spoiler, not a joke punchline or anything like that**

I'm at the point where the mission screen says press square to activate knightfall protocol

Will I be able to keep playing (as Batman) after I head to GCPD?

Yes.

Thanks. One more quick question...

I have everything complete except the landmines and the riddler quests. I go to GCPD and cannot find any rendezvous point.

Do I need these last two quests complete? Do they change the ending if I complete them first?

People have said it's glitched and is random for everyone. You should still be able to get the first part of the ending without doing those, but for some people they don't get a mission marker on the
GCPD roof.

Megasoum

Banned
I actually liked the Batmobile overall.

It's a bit weird at the beginning but I got used to it afterward and I felt super badass the whole way though.

Anyway...so.. huh... How do the fuck am I supposed to win the
Pyg
fight? I throw back the things but I still can't catch him.

Correct. I like the change as it rewards you for planning your attack.

It gives you effectively infinite prep time. They gave Batman infinite prep time. It's madness.

It's even worse that the parameters for the timer starting are so specific; you can get detected in a vent or by a turret and the timer still won't start, allowing you to lead enemies around without consequence aside from damage. It does allow planning in a different way from the past, but it's so forgiving that you can hugely simplify the final execution of things.

It's like they let somebody who never played these challenges before design this, and then left it half implemented to boot. I can't believe it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I think the biggest contributer to my enjoyment of drone battles is the fact that during the second fight, I figured out that shooting the turret instead of the body=instakill. I've seen so many videos of people just shooting the body which takes twice as long.

It gives you effectively infinite prep time. They gave Batman infinite prep time. It's madness.

It's even worse that the parameters for the timer starting are so specific; you can get detected in a vent or by a turret and the timer still won't start, allowing you to lead enemies around without consequence aside from damage. It does allow planning in a different way from the past, but it's so forgiving that you can hugely simplify the final execution of things.

It's like they let somebody who never played these challenges before design this, and then left it half implemented to boot. I can't believe it.

Yeah. It's kind of cool to know exactly how long it took you to take everyone out. But if someone is still trying to plan out their attack, then they're not trying to do a speed run, so it's kind of pointless. People miss out on accurate times and nothing is really gained.

nded

Just noticed Peyton Riley has a display case in the GCPD evidence room despite not appearing in any of the Arkham games. Maybe it's a hint?

That's a really flawed way to look at things. Yes, players can not do "the optional stuff" but they paid for all of the game content, not just for the "required stuff" in order to finish the story. I liked the batmobile, I really liked the game as a whole too, but it's easy to understand that most people would have liked the game to have more content oriented in controlling batman in combat or predator scenarios and less based around the batmobile.

This game improved so much in combat and predator options, but added a lot of sections of using the batmobile in tank mode (both mandatory and optional). I think that most people don't really associate tank battles with batman.

All elements of the game should be held to the same standards, because Rocksteady and WB are not selling the game as "Pay 60 bucks for the main campaign and we'll give you non mandatory content for free". It's bad when you have sidequest in the game like "Glide into this flying guy 4 times" or "Chase another flying guy 3 times using the batmobile" (that last one was actually fun), but there's not a single fun boss fight like in city or origins.

Just completed all the side missions except riddkers. Overall they are enjoyable but do feel like chores, I guess hence "cleaning up" the streets. Two that really annoy me was the fire fighters (overkill) and
Deathstroke
, what a waste and the batmobile battle just doesnt sit right with me.

That's a really flawed way to look at things. Yes, players can not do "the optional stuff" but they paid for all of the game content, not just for the "required stuff" in order to finish the story. I liked the batmobile, I really liked the game as a whole too, but it's easy to understand that most people would have liked the game to have more content oriented in controlling batman in combat or predator scenarios and less based around the batmobile.

This game improved so much in combat and predator options, but added a lot of sections of using the batmobile in tank mode (both mandatory and optional). I think that most people don't really associate tank battles with batman.

All elements of the game should be held to the same standards, because Rocksteady and WB are not selling the game as "Pay 60 bucks for the main campaign and we'll give you non mandatory content for free". It's bad when you have sidequest in the game like "Glide into this flying guy 4 times" or "Chase another flying guy 3 times using the batmobile" (that last one was actually fun), but there's not a single fun boss fight like in city or origins.

You're right, something people aren't satisfied with isn't free of criticism just because it's not a part of the main game.

And saying an optional aspect is forced onto the player for 50% of the time paints an inaccurate picture of the game, something that isn't free of criticism either. That's what was being discussed in that quote chain you were responding to.

People who finished the main story, help me on this one:

There is a answering machine at Wayne Tower which plays some prank calls from Joker. Thing is, I can't get it to play them.

Anybody knows if it is random? Or do I have to try in a specific point on the story to be able to listen to them?

To anybody who doesn't know squat about what I'm talkin about, listen to this.

B:AK for me is the best Arkham game ever. Fucking Masterpiece.

BUT

I've just encountered stangest, most bizzare and helpful (???) glitch ever.
I was battling with two last Cobras before final showdown with
Deathstroke
and this happened:

WTF???

At least it made this "fight" shorter :)

GeoGonzo

No joke: Since I heard that the batgirl dlc was made by WB Montreal the new batmobile races are the season pass content I'm most interested in.

People who finished the main story, help me on this one:

There is a answering machine at Wayne Tower which plays some prank calls from Joker. Thing is, I can't get it to play them.

Anybody knows if it is random? Or do I have to try in a specific point on the story to be able to listen to them?

To anybody who doesn't know squat about what I'm talkin about, listen to this.

Well, that can't work if you've already finished the game, think about it.

Tensketch

Anyone else feel like some upcoming DLC will be a
Killer Croc
story?

I feel like he's mentioned enough in idle radio chatter that they'll announce him as one of the new villains invading Gotham.

I'm thinking about doing all the Riddler throphies and stuff, but I don't want to 100% that unless I also finish NG+ and 69/69 the AR challenges, how hard is NG+ and the ARs?

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm thinking about doing all the Riddler throphies and stuff, but I don't want to 100% that unless I also finish NG+ and 69/69 the AR challenges, how hard is NG+ and the ARs?

I find NG+ to be surprisingly hard at times, moreso than Arkham Asylum or City. Especially once the brutes and the sword-wielding thugs come into play the fights can get pretty harsh.

Wolfie5

Finished the game around 92% I think. Maybe I will 100% at some point when all DLC has been released. It was a fun game and would probably have been my favourite Arkham game if the batmobile wasn´t forced on you so much.

I thought the controls were just fine and most of the times it was fun to play with the batmobile. However, it felt like the batmobile was the main gadget in this game. Even when you are inside, you needed the god damn car to progress, I mean WTF!?

I think the biggest contributer to my enjoyment of drone battles is the fact that during the second fight, I figured out that shooting the turret instead of the body=instakill. I've seen so many videos of people just shooting the body which takes twice as long.

Yup so satisfying to take em out when you hit the turret. Dodging and blowing up tanks in a quick fashion is awesome.

Alpende

I still have to get used to mission select and such. Other than that, I'm enjoying it again, beating up thugs, gliding trough Gotham feels good man.

Also, when can I scan Riddler clues? Should I do more Riddler missions or something?

Anyone else feel like some upcoming DLC will be a
Killer Croc
story?

I feel like he's mentioned enough in idle radio chatter that they'll announce him as one of the new villains invading Gotham.

That's weird, I didn't hear him mentioned a single time, I only saw him in the Evidence Room.

NG+ is very easy since you'll have most everything upgraded. I died five times on NG+ and four were in two of the tank battles. The AR challenges are also mostly easy, with the exception of the Batmobile tank/Hybrid challenges (because that's my weakness, obviously).

Even then, I only had legitimate trouble with Slumdog Billionaire (I got one star on that) and the other few I didn't two star I could have easily tried again and gotten three stars, but didn't need to because the Scarecrow AR challenges count towards 69 stars and they're super easy, so that's 9 stars right there. The same goes for Slumdog, I got one star and only tried it once, but I could have improved the score if I wanted.

NG+ will take you about 10 hours if you skip all cutscenes, and the AR challenges will take you about 2 hours. For the Riddler races, make sure to hold Afterburner, don't mash it.

Wasp

What is a good strategy for taking down the minigun wielding heavies?

The final watchtower has four of them, and once I've been spotted they all walk around together.

.J.

Banned

The final watchtower has four of them, and once I've been spotted they all walk around together.

Upgrade your disruptor to take our their miniguns. Once you do that, you still have to be sneaky about it, because they can unjam them once alerted.

Aceun

Once you disable their guns, use the environment.

You can dispatch one of them fairly quickly by exploding a wall near him. There's also a environmental attack you can use to take out another.

Take out the other guys before tackling the last two and you should be fine.

Ryce

I keep reading that you need to complete only seven side missions to
activate Knightfall
, but I’ve completed eleven and the option isn’t available to me. Is this a glitch? I’d like to properly finish the game and view the ending/credits without having to deal with The Riddler.

Once you disable their guns, use the environment.

You can dispatch one of them fairly quickly by exploding a wall near him. There's also a environmental attack you can use to take out another.

Take out the other guys before tackling the last two and you should be fine.
Does the double disruptor hit cause minigins to blow up too? And can the explosive gel upgrade knockout brutes on its own? If so, it could be a cakewalk.

You can also use the voice synthesizer to separate them.

About an hour in and loving it.

I played, but didn't beat, the last 2 Batman games. I recognize their quality, but they honestly ended up feeling to me like I'm Batman running around a city just beating up thugs here, and then there.

So far this campaign has felt really epic and story driven with a nice mix up of game play styles and goals, and while the batmobile is a tad clunky when used in puzzles, it is a nice change of pace.

Also, game is gorgeous.

Love it

stephen08

Does the double disruptor hit cause minigins to blow up too? And can the explosive gel upgrade knockout brutes on its own? If so, it could be a cakewalk.

You can also use the voice synthesizer to separate them.

It doesn't, no. Batman says how overloading it could be fatal to the operator.

You can take out 3 relatively easily by ordering one to a wall that gets blown up, ordering one to check on a rigged weapons box, and I think there is either a environmental takedown you can hit or something you can explode with the hacking device.

Grady

1 trophy left for platinum which is the ng plus trophy. Those riddler trophies were fucking terrible for me. Didnt think it would take long to collect them. 8 hour gaming session last night collecting riddler shit. Thought i was done last night when i realized i sill had the arkham night hq and subway to do. Never again, just figured since i had 87 percent of trophies that i might as well platinum it. Didnt realize what i was getting into. I figured 3 to 4 hours tops to collect them all since i only had like 200 left to get. I think it took me like 12 hours total to get the riddler.

Bollocks

man, there's so much stuff to do, takes me longer than I thought for this game because I don't just want to rush through the main story line

Top Bottom