• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Man, I felt so dumb. I'm doing the Riddler's challenge where you have to stop the rioter bomb guy with the remote boomerang. After a few fail attend where you have to manual the remote boomerang through the electric and hitting the guy, I decides to shoot the guy with the remote electrical gun and booyah, Riddler solved..LOL.

And I already did that, I have 8 villains locked up, the only one left I need to do are
Deathstroke
and Riddler. Yeah, rocksteady can fuck off. So fucking pissed right now. The glitch is forcing me to 100% the game.

You have to 100% the game to get the Knightfall ending anyway.

Well there it is

ApLny8U.jpg

One of the more time-intensive plats I've got, save had me at 66 hours.

The save file hours is not 100% accurate--it doesn't count time spent in free roam after the story mode ends unless you hit a save point. You probably spent 5-10 hours more than that actually playing the game.

Anyone else having problems with the "Use all the Predator Takedowns" achievement?

It's glitchy, but a failproof method is to do the Predator Fundamentals AR challenge (accessed through free roam, not the main menu). You can do all takedowns there except for the ceiling glass takedown, which can be done in the bank heist, for example. Make sure to hit Continue and not Retry so the game saves your takedowns.

How exactly does Gotham's Greatest (the leaderboard) work? I thought it'd show the best ww players, but it only shows me and someone else on my friend list. Which is weird, because I have a bunch of people playing it. It's been this way since launch, is the leaderboard broken?

Hit square a few times to change the filters.

Man, I felt so dumb. I'm doing the Riddler's challenge where you have to stop the rioter bomb guy with the remote boomerang. After a few fail attend where you have to manual the remote boomerang through the electric and hitting the guy, I decides to shoot the guy with the remote electrical gun and booyah, Riddler solved..LOL.

There was one where I couldn't find electricity to through the batarang through and I was getting so mad, kept leaving and coming back to it. Then lightbulb went off and I was like "I'm an idiot, REC Gun will get the job done" Ashamed of how long it took me to figure it out haha.

jediyoshi

You can also activate the remote batmobile and run them over

Epcott

Man do they try to fit the Batmobile into everything. I totally want to beat the persons ass who came up with these Riddler gems.

:-/ Fuuuuuu

RDreamer

Fuuuuuuuuuck the firefly segments so goddamned hard. Holy shit, fuck them. Also, fuck the stupid autosave system. I really hate autosaves like this where I can't redo something when I fuck it up.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Pretty sure this game has a memory leak issue on ps4. Where extended play can lead to worse performance, pop in seems to get worse overtime. And then the game starts to hang up a bit with a bat symbol loading in the corner.

Travo

Seventeen more trophies to go. I'm sure I won't be able to obtain 100% before Knightfall because I kind of suck during the bomb disbarment missions. Tanks are fine but once flying drones were put into the mix it just became way too difficult to handle.

Travo

Fuuuuuuuuuck the firefly segments so goddamned hard. Holy shit, fuck them. Also, fuck the stupid autosave system. I really hate autosaves like this where I can't redo something when I fuck it up.

Try first person mode, man. It really helps with any chase segment.

KevinCow

Banned
Seventeen more trophies to go. I'm sure I won't be able to obtain 100% before Knightfall because I kind of suck during the bomb disbarment missions. Tanks are fine but once flying drones were put into the mix it just became way too difficult to handle.

If you haven't figured it out yet, use the machine gun on the flying drones. It makes them way easier to hit than trying to use the cannon, and they go down fast.

Megasoum

Banned
Is there any tricks for fighting the heavy machine gun guys? Any upgrades or gadget or something? I have to take over a tower that has 2-3 of those guys next to each other so I always get killed when I start the quicktime event with the first one.

Travo

Is there any tricks for fighting the heavy machine gun guys? Any upgrades or gadget or something? I have to take over a tower that has 2-3 of those guys next to each other so I always get killed when I start the quicktime event with the first one.

Can't you use the disrupt or on their guns?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The batmobile is awesome tho, controls and handles well, tank mode controls like a dream, switching between the two feels fluid, it's a fun time, but don't get me started on those fucking riddler races. Crushanator. -_- I'm gonna kill him.

I don't think its awesome.

Yeah, it works, but there is too much of it and much of it just plain sucks. It should have been something additional to what we had before, not something so pivotal and, dare I say at times, hamfisted.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Yep, I would not have gotten the platinum trophy had it not been for the Scarecrow missions counting towards the 69 stars.

Those tank AR challenges are just too hard. I don't know how the youtubers are pulling it off, but I will never touch that shit ever again. I just get overwhelmed too easily.

Megasoum

Banned
So huh... I'm a 84% right now. Only thing left to do are some
"Own the Roads", Occupy Gotham, Campaign for dissarmement and obviously a ton of Riddler bullshit.

Alfred just called me to tell me that
Knightfall
is ready... Should I activate it right away or wait for the rest of the 100% to be done?

Ephemeris

So huh... I'm a 84% right now. Only thing left to do are some
"Own the Roads", Occupy Gotham, Campaign for dissarmement and obviously a ton of Riddler bullshit.

Alfred just called me to tell me that
Knightfall
is ready... Should I activate it right away or wait for the rest of the 100% to be done?

Up to you. If you're not at 100% it'll
give you a taste then bring you back

Depends on if you wanna Riddler it up.

Aceun

Does the double disruptor hit cause minigins to blow up too? And can the explosive gel upgrade knockout brutes on its own? If so, it could be a cakewalk.

You can also use the voice synthesizer to separate them.

True. Explosive gel is a one hit KO on them even with no upgrades. But only near a destructible wall. Unfortunately, double disruptor doesn't explode those guns if I remember correctly.

I double dipped (ps4+PC) but only got the Season Pass on the PC.

Good times

The PC fixes will surely come soon. They have to. They've got to. They wouldn't make us sit and watch the entirety of the 6 months of DLC go by while we wait for fixes.

Please, Rocksteady.

Sober

The PC fixes will surely come soon. They have to. They've got to. They wouldn't make us sit and watch the entirety of the 6 months of DLC go by while we wait for fixes.

Please, Rocksteady.
Bare minimum will be a month before we get a patch and they forget about us.

Crossing Eden

I don't think its awesome.

Yeah, it works, but there is too much of it and much of it just plain sucks. It should have been something additional to what we had before, not something so pivotal and, dare I say at times, hamfisted.
I just did the part where
You defend GCPD from a shit ton of drones while Barbara hacks some of them.
Fucking love it. Super satisfying to accomplish all of that without taking damage.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I just did the part where
You defend GCPD from a shit ton of drones while Barbara hacks some of them.
Fucking love it. Super satisfying to accomplish all of that without taking damage.

For me, satisfying was clearing out a large room with a ton of thugs without taking damage and in one combo. Thats what I expect in a Batman game, not Twisted Metal: Gotham.

In the story, I didn't mind some of the bat tank, it was fun in small doses, but by the end it was "oh fuck ANOTHER one." None of them were too ridiculously difficult even on Knightmare (NG+), but damn did they get old.

The AR batmobile combat challenges can absolutely burn in HELL. My god fucking hated those. As I said earlier, thank goodness that the scarecrow challenges are mildly easier way to get 9 of the 69 stars. Otherwise I would not have gotten the platinum trophy.

I am tempted to get the season pass, but I absolutely will be taking a wait and see approach to make sure the content is worth a damn.

Crossing Eden

For me, satisfying was clearing out a large room with a ton of thugs without taking damage and in one combo. Thats what I expect in a Batman game, not Twisted Metal: Gotham.

In the story, I didn't mind some of the bat tank, it was fun in small doses, but by the end it was "oh fuck ANOTHER one." None of them were too ridiculously difficult even on Knightmare (NG+), but damn did they get old.

The AR batmobile combat challenges can absolutely burn in HELL. My god fucking hated those. As I said earlier, thank goodness that the scarecrow challenges are mildly easier way to get 9 of the 69 stars. Otherwise I would not have gotten the platinum trophy.

I am tempted to get the season pass, but I absolutely will be taking a wait and see approach to make sure the content is worth a damn.
I do both. They're both polished to a tee. Would be lying if I were to say that I wasn't half expecting the batmobile to feel clunky.

KevinCow

Banned
So apparently the Special Combo Batclaw takes out brutes in one go (as opposed to the regular Special Combo Takedown, which you have to do twice)... but it doesn't work on shield brutes. Weird.

Jinjo

I really don't like the real ending being locked away behind a shitton of sidecontent. Grinding out icons on the map to see the ending (not even talking about the 100% one) is just not fun. A big blemish on an otherwise great game. I thought the batmobile was a great addition to the game, tankmobile less so, but it wasn't unbearable. Arkham Origins still remains my favourite Batman game.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I really don't like the real ending being locked away behind a shitton of sidecontent. Grinding out icons on the map to see the ending (not even talking about the 100% one) is just not fun. A big blemish on an otherwise great game. I thought the batmobile was a great addition to the game, tankmobile less so, but it wasn't unbearable. Arkham Origins still remains my favourite Batman game.

I wouldn't have minded if every sidequest was tied to characters, and felt like it had a bit of a story to it, like
man-bat or even Hush, however short that was.
But some of the side content, like the checkpoints, bombs and towers, was just there for padding. When they tease
a melee fight with Deathstroke, but that turns out to be another tank battle, that makes those 3 questlines feel like even more of a chore.

Jinjo

I wouldn't have minded if every sidequest was tied to characters, and felt like it had a bit of a story to it, like
man-bat or even Hush, however short that was.
But some of the side content, like the checkpoints, bombs and towers, was just there for padding. When they tease
a melee fight with Deathstroke, but that turns out to be another tank battle, that makes those 3 questlines feel like even more of a chore.

Exactly. I enjoyed the shorter sidequests, but going through so many towers and bombs? Nope.gif. And now I hear it's not even worth it (I thought/hoped the same thing would happen), I'm not gonna bother. I'll youtube the real ending. A shame really, cause the main storyline was quite good (while not the best batman story I still enjoyed it a great deal).

Minamu

I feel dumb, I don't really get the ending :/ Got the 100% one and I don't understand what is going on xD Ending spoilers:
I get that the explosion was likely a fake-out and they never actually died. Kinda weird to leave all that car and plane tech just outside though but I digress. But the true ending with demon batman was so weird. I don't remember how it looked in-game but the concept art has a red/burning bat logo on the chest piece. Does that mean that Red Hood is now some sort of supernatural batman? Batman Beyond?! It did look kinda similar to the Batman Begins fear toxin batman I guess. Has Rocksteady said anything about future dlc dealing with the aftermath or some such? I heard that the Red Hood preorder stuff is far post-ending.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I feel dumb, I don't really get the ending :/ Got the 100% one and I don't understand what is going on xD Ending spoilers:
I get that the explosion was likely a fake-out and they never actually died. Kinda weird to leave all that car and plane tech just outside though but I digress. But the true ending with demon batman was so weird. I don't remember how it looked in-game but the concept art has a red/burning bat logo on the chest piece. Does that mean that Red Hood is now some sort of supernatural batman? Batman Beyond?! It did look kinda similar to the Batman Begins fear toxin batman I guess. Has Rocksteady said anything about future dlc dealing with the aftermath or some such? I heard that the Red Hood preorder stuff is far post-ending.

It's
just an open ending. The current story is concluded, but that last bit is just a tease, I don't think Rocksteady have concrete plans for it going forward. It just shows there's a new Batman, and that maybe he's even using Scarecrow's toxin to instill fear. It's most likely this, because iirc that's how Scarecrow saw Batman when he got a taste of his own medicine.

Top Bottom