• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Ephemeris

itvrvtmrps8deelu2z.gif

One of my fave things to do in this game.

Pursuit mode all day night.

I have finished the main story and have about 85% total completion. Would I be missing any thing if I activate the
Knighfall Protocol
now, or should I 100% everything including riddler trophies etc.

I keep reading that you need to complete only seven side missions to
activate Knightfall
, but I’ve completed eleven and the option isn’t available to me. Is this a glitch? I’d like to properly finish the game and view the ending/credits without having to deal with The Riddler.

Knightfall requires 100% completion.

XxCGSxX

There's a bug where I can't initiate
knightfall
protocol. I have done 9 Most wanted missions but the game wants me to do 2 more including Riddler. Yeah, anyone knows if rocksteady is aware of this? If not then I'm so fucking pissed I can't even get to the credits and see the ending. I don't have time to complete every riddler trophy :(

There's a bug where I can't initiate
knightfall
protocol. I have done 9 Most wanted missions but the game wants me to do 2 more including Riddler. Yeah, anyone knows if rocksteady is aware of this? If not then I'm so fucking pissed I can't even get to the credits and see the ending. I don't have time to complete every riddler trophy :(

you have to do the rescue catwoman part, not the collection part, to get it to count towards the 2nd ending

XxCGSxX

you have to do the rescue catwoman part, not the collection part, to get it to count towards the 2nd ending
And I already did that, I have 8 villains locked up, the only one left I need to do are
Deathstroke
and Riddler. Yeah, rocksteady can fuck off. So fucking pissed right now. The glitch is forcing me to 100% the game.

Furyous

Just watched a playthrough of the Red Hood DLC.... Value proposition on this game just decreased by a good $15. Red Hood literally kills people with guns without the blood. How did this make it past the ESRB?

Just watched a playthrough of the Red Hood DLC.... Value proposition on this game just decreased by a good $15. Red Hood literally kills people with guns without the blood. How did this make it past the ESRB?

Did it? I thought the ESRB description for the game mentioned being able to kill people.

and there's
that late main game scene too.

roytheone

Holy difficulty spike batman! I was kicking ass in the combat, until I tried to rescue that firefighter near the clock tower. The game suddenly trows shield guys, knife guys, stun stick guys and machine gun guys all together into the mix, even though three of those types haven't even show up in the story yet! I think I will stop trying and return after I have some more skills.

bobawesome

It was free preorder DLC. What do you people not understand about this? It was never going to be on par with content offered in the main game. The budget for exclusive preorder content is surely miniscule.

Roussow

Wait... It would have made it through ESRB with an M rating (or the internaitional equivalent) because there was no blood, with excessive blood it would have had to have been MA (or international equivalent)

Edit: Or do you mean certification? and implying that the game has quality assurance issues with that DLC? Because the ESRB did there job, it's a hard M, but still easily within the bounds of that rating.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Holy difficulty spike batman! I was kicking ass in the combat, until I tried to rescue that firefighter near the clock tower. The game suddenly trows shield guys, knife guys, stun stick guys and machine gun guys all together into the mix, even though three of those types haven't even show up in the story yet! I think I will stop trying and return after I have some more skills.
Fear takedowns are your best friend.

BraXzy

My best mate bought me this on PS4 for my birthday woop woop so I'm looking forward to playing it when I get through my current backlog haha :3

Haines

Banned
Game is so good. i cannot wait to beat it so I can just play and focus on combat and stuff and not have to deal with this super fucking lame tank mode.

Someone should be fired for putting a tank in this game when all that effort could have went to something so much more batman and maybe had a goat game contender

Zakalwe

Banned
Game is so good. i cannot wait to beat it so I can just play and focus on combat and stuff and not have to deal with this super fucking lame tank mode.

Someone should be fired for putting a tank in this game when all that effort could have went to something so much more batman and maybe had a goat game contender

No way Joe, Tank is great! :3

Dabanton

The tank is awesome.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
How exactly does Gotham's Greatest (the leaderboard) work? I thought it'd show the best ww players, but it only shows me and someone else on my friend list. Which is weird, because I have a bunch of people playing it. It's been this way since launch, is the leaderboard broken?

Crossing Eden

10 LEFT! >:D Haven't progressed the story at all, the hunt continues. 8 left on founders island, no clue where they are, one riddle left on bleake island, one riddle left in panessa studios.

EDIT:HAHA, just checked my map, and turns out, all the rest are inside the subway station under construction! And they're all marked! >:D

Crossing Eden

That was cathartic, I didn't have to do shit, all those trophies were left out in the open.

Agent_J

No way Joe, Tank is great! :3

The tank is awesome.
Agree with you two. Tank battles are some of the highlights, IMO, but they're just a bit overused. Instead of treating it as one of Bat's many tools, it's used almost exclusively for all the puzzles and fights.

I definitely get a thrill out of the cobra battles as well, it really made me feel like Batman
is all alone with his back up against a wall fighting the entire city alone. It's something I can easily see him doing in The Animated Series. I loved the semi-stealth and almost instant kill if you were spotted. Yes it was frustrating against Cloudburst/AK/Deathstroke but I won't lie and say I didn't enjoy every second.

Also, as far as boss battles goes:
i consider the side quest content and villains as "bosses" and like the Firefly missions, they're just one large battle broken up into sections. The only one I consider disappointing is Two Face because I took him down without realizing who he was. Very anticlimactic.

mclem

Just finished. Got everything before playing the endgame, 'cause that's the sort of player I am.

Running through a few thoughts:

* Basic gameplay still great, and some of the new enemy types - medics in particular - mix up the gameplay quite nicely.
* My reaction to Batmobile was ultimately mixed. Okay for driving, but the handling takes a bit of getting used to. Combat was quite good. But I really want to highlight the use of it in puzzle-solving, which was consistently pretty creative.
* I *like* collecting Riddler trophies, but far too many were just "get to this location and collect it". You really need to have *some* puzzle aspect to it for my tastes. The larger physical puzzles were good, though.
* The photography riddles, I'm never quite comfortable with the detection on them. All too often I think I'm pointing at the right thing, but the angle seems to suggest the centrepiece is actually elsewhere.
Riddler-Mech
was a bit silly.
* I can't help but feel that something was a bit off about a lot of the characters. Most notably, Two-face didn't quite look right to me. Riddler, too, but I think that's a design thing - he looked a bit too old this time around, really. Mind you, I quite like the idea of an aging Riddler.
* Also,. bad Rocksteady: unlocking a riddle in the database (i.e. moving it on from "This riddle will be revealed when the time is right"), when it can't actually be unlocked yet. Specific example:
You get the prompt to do the "Father Figure" riddle after locking Robin in the cell - but you can't actually do it until he's been abducted.
* A few glitches. The woman in the reception of GCPD in particular kept sitting several feet away from her desk, blinking into range only when I get closer. Fell out of the world just after beating
Deathstroke
* The biggest grin, for me, was the sequence where
you take down Johnny Charisma

ctfg23

I was enjoying the Batmobile until the segments in the last quarter of the game. I stopped playing last night at the part where
you have to lure the AK's batmobile crusher thing into the mines.

Zakalwe

Banned
I was enjoying the Batmobile until the segments in the last quarter of the game. I stopped playing last night at the part where
you have to lure the AK's batmobile crusher thing into the mines.

If you're having difficulty and you haven't tried it, make sure to switch to first person mode.

Top Bottom