• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Don't know if old but:

Gamestar played it already (german)

It's now available for Season Pass owners.

- DLC is only 1 hour long, 30 minutes more for collectibles.
- No leveling or progress, she has already unlocked everything
- no Riddler riddles

6,99 € is too much money

also there is gameplay in that video, but looked non-spoilery.

Sorry if already posted.

Not true. There's several times throughout the game where after you do a certain number of a particular side missions, you're unable to do anymore until you progress in the story. And not just because you haven't discovered the location. The game bars you from even selecting the side mission at all. I know because I've tried to complete all the side missions several times in the game but was unable.

This is only true if you haven't reached the island where they are. Even if you can't select a mission from the mission select wheel, you can always find its location on your own (or via YouTube) and it will be playable if you can get there.

Don't know if old but:

- no Riddler riddles

6,99 € is too much money

Sorry if already posted.

The value is debatable. $7 is less than going to see a movie in most places.

delSai

Game should have multiplayer races. Would be the best worst thing ever.
And the '89 suit looks fantastic. My favorite so far.

CHC

Is this like the other games where you can't even change your skin until you beat the game? Seems stupid in a game so focused on skins....

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Don't know if old but:

- no Riddler riddles

6,99 € is too much money

Sorry if already posted.

I don't know what these people were expecting. They probably never played the story DLCs of Origins and City.

It's shorter and worse than Cold Cold Heart but way better and meatier than Harley's Revenge. It's also cheaper than both, so the price reflects the content better this time.

I've finished it twice yesterday. Took me about 2.5 hours to do everything in the first playthrough and about an hour to clear just the story in the second

e3p2BO.jpg

this look badass

This will make me replay the game...

Spectacular.

Fuck, guess I'm getting the season pass. Can't resist 70's Batman, 90s Catwoman (they gave her the long hair, yes!) and the Batman '89 stuff.

I don't think they've said anything either way about the batmobiles outside of the ones you unlock ingame + the preorder ones being usable outside of races. Going to keep my expectations tempered there. Would be amazing if so. I hope the B:TAS Batmobile isn't too far behind. We already know the skin from Arkham City's coming back. I know the TAS car is pretty much a slightly more stylized version of the Burton design, but it'd be neat to.see with the appropriate shading.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
There will probably be at least two more skin packs. Most of the skins found in the PC files are not included in next month's DLC.

Also, more batmobile races and skins might be coming judging from WB's description of the season pass

Kinyou

Skins, yes. The '89 Batmobile? They don't refer to it as a skin, and I'm having trouble picturing it in Tank-Mode, so I doubt it.
1989 Movie Batmobile Pack: Battle through the streets of Gotham City with this pack that includes the Batman skin and Batmobile from the 1989 Batman film, as well as two tracks inspired by the film’s sequel.
They do say "Battle through the streets of Gotham City" that very much implies to me that you can use the 1989 batmobile during the story. But of course is PR not always 100% trustworthy.

Skunkers

They do say "Battle through the streets of Gotham City" that very much implies to me that you can use the 1989 batmobile during the story. But of course is PR not always 100% trustworthy.

I sincerely doubt it. They've talked about how you'll be able to use skins on the Batmobile in story, but it sounds like they mean the actual paint job skins for the story Batmobile. The Batmobile 89 is a totally different model, and unless they are making a way to animate that thing turning into a tank and such, I wouldn't at all expect to use it in story mode (Jesus Christ can you imagine how amazing it would be if they DID do that though using the "shields" look from '89 to go into a tank mode?). The best you could possibly hope for is that you can use it on the Gotham streets after you beat the campaign, but I think it's unlikely even then.

Could be referring to the fact that the new tracks take place in the Batman 89 version of Gotham. Technically, they would be right.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
As expected, the season pass is going to provide a lot of cheap/pointless batmobile shit. Just throw away content

So glad I didn't purchase the season pass for $40 and was considering it.

I may just buy each individual DLC episode or wait until its all released to determine if its worth it.

I do like the 1989 Batman skin though.

Welp atleast some of 'em. Possible that the new one wont work, confusing PR talk. Guess we have to wait. Didnt use the AK Batmobile skin once, the prototype Batmobile looked way cooler.

Got a link to where it's described?

I sincerely doubt it. They've talked about how you'll be able to use skins on the Batmobile in story, but it sounds like they mean the actual paint job skins for the story Batmobile. The Batmobile 89 is a totally different model, and unless they are making a way to animate that thing turning into a tank and such, I wouldn't at all expect to use it in story mode (Jesus Christ can you imagine how amazing it would be if they DID do that though using the "shields" look from '89 to go into a tank mode?). The best you could possibly hope for is that you can use it on the Gotham streets after you beat the campaign, but I think it's unlikely even then.

Yeah, from the first description of the season pass, it sounds like those would be relegated to the themed missions and not available for free-roam. Unless there's specific information about it that says otherwise?

The skins for anyone other than Batman seem almost pointless without the Gotham City Stories or challenge map DLC released. Why not make at least some challenge maps available now?

Skins, yes. The '89 Batmobile? They don't refer to it as a skin, and I'm having trouble picturing it in Tank-Mode, so I doubt it.

ugh tank mode, the game really didn't need that as the batmobile is fun enough using the stinger missiles chasing apc's

I'm happy that a classic sports car batmobile is coming to knight but also upset that it will be outside of the main story stuff (most likely)

ugh tank mode, the game really didn't need that as the batmobile is fun enough using the stinger missiles chasing apc's

I'm happy that a classic sports car batmobile is coming to knight but also upset that it will be outside of the main story stuff (most likely)

I wouldn't mind if you couldn't do specific challenges with it in order to be able to drive it anywhere.

Hoping this will be the finish line on the race tracks...

latest

From early on they said each of the classic Batmobile's would have specific abilities, so that almost has to happen. The "shields" thing is a must too

Kinyou

Now that I think about it, the 1989 batmobile would need a bigger rear to store any passengers, prisoners like the AK one. In that screen the rear looks rather slim, and it wouldn't really make sense that someone would fit behind the cockpit. So yeah, I guess it's very likely that it's exclusive to the racetracks.

Vire

How much are they charging for the skins stand alone? I want to know how much they value this crap in the season pass out of the forty dollars.

delSai

Now that I think about it, the 1989 batmobile would need a bigger rear to store any passengers, prisoners like the AK one. In that screen the rear looks rather slim, and it wouldn't really make sense that someone would fit behind the cockpit. So yeah, I guess it's very likely that it's exclusive to the racetracks.
Seems like it.
And the Catwoman skin is totally useless to many unless they add some challenges.

Flarin

I'm not sure if anyone's caught this yet, but Rocksteady either has 2 Robins in one scene or they fucked up and used the wrong character models.

Opening cinematic Robin
Robin_F1_zpsut5g8ty7.jpg

Combat Robin
Robin_F2_zpsxu7hxsrh.jpg

Top Bottom