• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Near the end now, have to go
rescue Gordon.
But I'll echo the sentiments that it's pretty decent, but nothing special. I love the setting, but there's no twist to the gameplay aside from the hacking.

The thug banter was pretty funny though: 'you got no place to hide now Batgirl! ... Actually no, there are plenty of places to hide'
And a lame one: 'I'm auditioning for a role in a videogame, as gun thug #1. "I need backup, I'm out of ammo!""

If you're on the fence for the season pass, stay on it for a while longer. I impulse bought it yesterday and I'm already regretting it lol

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
For those who finished it:
how do I get past the rescue boat? You can move it, but you can't grapple anywhere. I'm stuck.

Edit: figured it out, forgot I had thing

May wait to see what the next piece of content is before diving into the season pass. The Season of Infamy has insane amounts of potential with 6 new villians, hope they don't screw that one up.

DLC has the vibe of Asylum. It's all closed off and Metroidvania style.. But I beat it in an hour and a half.

So it's about the length of Cold, Cold Heart and I didn't get all the collectibles but it's enjoyable, just nothing too new or expansive.

goddamn now i'm all hyped again. please fix on pc rocksteady and release this

DLC has the vibe of Asylum. It's all closed off and Metroidvania style.. But I beat it in an hour and a half.

So it's about the length of Cold, Cold Heart and I didn't get all the collectibles but it's enjoyable, just nothing too new or expansive.

I didn't really find it to be Metroidvania-style at all. Did we play the same DLC?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Hnnngh so for NA PSN folks, this will be the usual mid-afternoon release?

As a question for our overseas friends, I assume the batgirl DLC was in the store under add-ons? Or is it someplace weird, since season pass folks are getting it early?

Hnnngh so for NA PSN folks, this will be the usual mid-afternoon release?

As a question for our overseas friends, I assume the batgirl DLC was in the store under add-ons? Or is it someplace weird, since season pass folks are getting it early?

EU has been able to search for it on the PS Store and have it come up.

deeptech

Guys, i would like to get it on PC. It's around $20 on most cd-key stores online.
But i wonder if any of them actually work since WB stopped selling the game "officially" on Steam?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'd say the coolest aspect of the dlc is doing the (3 or so) Riddler-esque challenges to hear the backstory of the park, it's pretty sad. Seems like they had something bigger planned for the final boss, but didn't have time or energy to flesh it out. That fight was a bit pathetic.

Aside from the Red Hood dlc, I have every trophy in the game now.

So this was WB Montreal, but is Rocksteady doing any of the other packs, or is it all outsourced?

wrog

August DLC.

Stay tuned for new Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass content coming in August including:
· 1989 Movie Batmobile Pack: Battle through the streets of Gotham City with this pack that includes the Batman skin and Batmobile from the 1989 Batman film, as well as two tracks inspired by the film’s sequel.
· The Bat-family Skins Pack: Included in this pack are six character skins based on the alternate timelines - - 1990s Catwoman, One Year Later Robin, Arkham Origins Batman, Iconic Grey & Black Batman, 1970s Batman and the Original Arkham Nightwing.

kz1eqI.jpg

e3p2BO.jpg

So this was WB Montreal, but is Rocksteady doing any of the other packs, or is it all outsourced?

I have an inkling based on Sefton Hill's tweets that Rocksteady is working on the challenge maps themselves, which at least for me is a good thing. When you compare the design changes between Origins and Knight, you really see how out of phase WB Montreal and Rocksteady are; not just in the challenge maps, but just in the two games in general.

August DLC.

Skins to use on what?

WTF, skins for the monthly season pass dlc?

And a batmobile pack with race tracks. I mean the season pass is spread throughout 6 months you're gonna get something like this every other mobth. Next month should be the Season of Infamy DLC and then probably another skins pack with batmobile stuff, then Gotham City stories, then whatever is left

hbkdx12

Skins to use on what?
My first response as well. I think the game is great but realistically i probably aint playing through the game more than twice

WTF, skins for the monthly season pass dlc?

At this point i think they've gone on record that there's gonna be 3 story driven pieces of DLC so presumably everything else littered in between that is gonna be skins and probably some challenge type stuff

Kinyou

August DLC.
Some okay skins, but what bugs me is that this is all we're getting in August. I guess Witcher 3 really spoiled me with those weekly releases.

Wonder what the battle mode of the 1989 Batmobile will look like.

Skins to use on what?
Yeah, where the hell are the challenge maps? Considering how few the base game offered I expected those would be the first thing they'd throw out as dlc.

I'm not restarting the game just so I can see Catwoman fighting in that skin.

Is it so much to ask for some goddamn challenge maps. Release them in waves at least. 4 at a time or something, please. I'm in that small demographic who's really been left out to dry without them.

Yeah, where the hell are the challenge maps? Considering how few the base game offered I expected those would be the first thing they'd throw out as dlc.

I'm not restarting the game just so I can see Catwoman fighting in that skin.

They said they're actively working on them, but then I see this August DLC announcement and it's a kick in the balls.

One thing I find bewildering is when the hell side missions are available and when they are not. The game doesn't really indicate this does it? I find myself just selecting them periodically to see if it will let me do them yet, and if not I just advance the story more. Sort of annoying.

Kinyou

One thing I find bewildering is when the hell side missions are available and when they are not. The game doesn't really indicate this does it? I find myself just selecting them periodically to see if it will let me do them yet, and if not I just advance the story more. Sort of annoying.
Aren't they available most of the time? It's just that you have to actively find them. Pretty sure you can stumble upon firemen etc. without having received "intel" before.

They said they're actively working on them, but then I see this August DLC announcement and it's a kick in the balls.
Just really frustrating. More playable characters then ever and no way to play them on challenge maps.

er, I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. Some of them don't have an indicator on them when you select them because you haven't discovered the next point of interest for it. You've got to fly around and find the next fire, murder, command post, etc.

The only time you're legitimately locked out of side missions, I believe, is in the last stretch of story-related stuff.

Kinsei

Banned
Aren't they available most of the time? It's just that you have to actively find them. Pretty sure you can stumble upon firemen etc. without having received "intel" before.

Just really frustrating. More playable characters then ever and no way to play them on challenge maps.

You get intel? I've just been flying over the islands with detective vision on looking for anything suspicious while going to whatever my current objective is.

SomTervo

Oh my goodness I've not been that excited about a skin since Batman Beyond in Arkham City.

Edit: I love how normal his physique and build is. My god I can't wait

The game only tells you once or twice I think – for some side missions, you have to go and find them yourself.

- use detective mode (to find groups of thugs around firemen / flashing red street mines / dead bodies hung up, etc)
- listen to the cop radio broadcasts (the helicopters will hover over side mission points and point their spotlights at them)
- whenever you find a side mission point while doing something else, hold the Detective Mode button to scan them and flag them up for later. This puts them on your minimap, and when you use the Mission Wheel it'll point you to the ones you've scanned

GeoGonzo

I'm looking forward to these races twice as much as most of you.
Because I'm playing on PC, haha!

I wonder if it will literally be 6 minutes of DLC, though. That'd be some kind of record, right?

hbkdx12

You get intel? I've just been flying over the islands with detective vision on looking for anything suspicious while going to whatever my current objective is.

If you advance the story enough, the game will give you intel on specific locations to help you further the side quest

man this game was a disappointment.

this will be the only batman game i dont play through more than once, the batmobile was just too much of a pain and unfun to me.

i kept the game installed hoping they dlc would be worth it. saw reviews for the batgirl stuff and noticed it was an hour long and kinda just okay. uninstalled.

really wish i picked this one up at a discount.

Itachi87

er, I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. Some of them don't have an indicator on them when you select them because you haven't discovered the next point of interest for it. You've got to fly around and find the next fire, murder, command post, etc.

The only time you're legitimately locked out of side missions, I believe, is in the last stretch of story-related stuff.
Not true. There's several times throughout the game where after you do a certain number of a particular side missions, you're unable to do anymore until you progress in the story. And not just because you haven't discovered the location. The game bars you from even selecting the side mission at all. I know because I've tried to complete all the side missions several times in the game but was unable.

Top Bottom