• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

That could be. Weird that it doesn't carry over to the cut scenes too. I guess they're pre-made to not include skins.

Wait, I thought that alternate skins show up correctly in cutscenes this time

Rocksteady had 99% of their cutscenes in-game. Since this was handled by WB Montreal, they probably have pre-rendered (in-game) cinematics. At least for the opening. That would explain the model swap.

Falchion

I got this the day it came out but I haven’t gotten to play as much as I would’ve liked so I’m around 60% completed with the game right now. I want to hit 100% right as I beat the story so I’m taking things slow and only doing story missions when there’s no other side content available.

In the story, I just
beat Harley and the 3 Joker clones in the movie set and I absolutely loved that whole mission segment. Before I left I got a bunch of new side missions so I’ll be working through those before I go after Scarecrow again.

The only thing I’m not looking forward to is finding all the Riddler trophies before I beat the game but I just do those in chunks while I’m watching TV and then if I need a break I do some more of the campaign so I don’t burn out.

Flarin

Robin_F3_zpsaevltodt.jpg

Well here's a cutscene a little further in and it's combat Robin. I don't know what's going on X__X

i'm still waiting for a Dick Bats skin

Then you can have Dick Grayson as Nightwing, Dick Grayson as Nu52 Robin, and Dick Grayson as Batman.

Flarin

It seems like

1) initial cutscene is pre-rendered
2) in-game stuff is whatever costume you've chosen
3) this particular cutscene you mention happens to be real-time

Weird... That transition was super jarring. I honestly thought it was some weird Scarecrow thing and I was seeing 2 Robins.

Then you can have Dick Grayson as Nightwing, Dick Grayson as Nu52 Robin, and Dick Grayson as Batman.

That new grey/black skin closely resembles the DickBats suit.

I'm going to change Tim's suit in the DLC to Nu52 so I can pretend it's Dick and actually have this story make some sense.

That could be. Weird that it doesn't carry over to the cut scenes too. I guess they're pre-made to not include skins.

The final cutscene of the main game does the same thing.
The few times Batman removes his cowl in the game if you have an altcostume on the cowl stays on with his hair just clipping through the cowl.

Dick Bats was one of the skins found in the placeholder files in PC version.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that skin next to the 1970's suit in the OP picture is Dick's Batsuit.

jesus I ran over to my couch thinking I'd be able to play this in a few minutes, even if it's a 3.4GB on top of the update from yesterday.

Nope, PSN doing as PSN does. Shit download speeds.

Uh so slight Batgirl dlc spoiler,
Harley says "careful boys, she was trained by two of the toughest crimefighters in Gotham". Batman and... Nightwing? Batwoman?

Skunkers

Harley says "careful boys, she was trained by two of the toughest crimefighters in Gotham". Batman and... Nightwing? Batwoman?

In the comics:
Robin in stuff like Batgirl Year One. They have a relationship too. But it was Dick Grayson, the first Robin. Arkhamverse seems to favor Tim Drake as Barb's love interest, as Dick is apparently older

Sober

Its hilarious how obsolete the Line Launcher became this game.
If it weren't for that one Riddler Trophy, it would be practically useless. It's never used at all, gliding/diving is faster, there are so few indoor sections, etc.

Also the fact you don't use it, it means that everyone has to ask about that Riddler trophy.

Permanently A

If it weren't for that one Riddler Trophy, it would be practically useless. It's never used at all, gliding/diving is faster, there are so few indoor sections, etc.

Also the fact you don't use it, it means that everyone has to ask about that Riddler trophy.

I remember there was one trophy at the back of the room that was blocked off by a bunch of red Riddler pads and I thought "this is it line launcher, now's your time to shine"

nope, can't use the line launcher there. You're supposed to glide over the pads. gg rocksteady

Alienous

My immediate thought is Jim Gordon ... but that wouldn't make any sense for
Harley
to say, would it?

I'm thinking about getting the game, but I have a question that I'm hoping someone might be able to answer. Are you able to run around as Robin or Catwoman? Nothing in the main story, obviously, but I kind of want to just explore the city.

Vire

I'm thinking about getting the game, but I have a question that I'm hoping someone might be able to answer. Are you able to run around as Robin or Catwoman? Nothing in the main story, obviously, but I kind of want to just explore the city.
Nope, just Batman.

If you somehow get the broke-ass, delisted PC version, there's a mod that lets you run around as those characters in the open-world. If that's good enough for you (with inconsistent character voices), then there's that.

Not in any official capacity though

Sober

I remember there was one trophy at the back of the room that was blocked off by a bunch of red Riddler pads and I thought "this is it line launcher, now's your time to shine"

nope, can't use the line launcher there. You're supposed to glide over the pads. gg rocksteady
Ah man that brings back memories of that particular trophy too. Hahah man, damn did the LL get shafted. I started replaying more AC challenge maps recently and damn if the LL isn't fantastic.

Joei

These Batmobile challenges drive me up a f'n wall. I'm stuck on Road Rage and I really have no clue what the hell I'm doing. Am I supposed to drive into them? I can't shoot them for whatever reason, but driving into them just pushes them around half the time. It promotes sliding into them, but I've found that damn near impossible since none will actually drive next to me. Sometimes I can kill some, some times I can't, but I'm not exactly sure how I'm getting those kills and not others.

Ah man that brings back memories of that particular trophy too. Hahah man, damn did the LL get shafted. I started replaying more AC challenge maps recently and damn if the LL isn't fantastic.

It's still useful for making makeshift perches though. there were a couple checkpoints where I couldn't disable enemy weapons without them spotting me untilI used it.

These Batmobile challenges drive me up a f'n wall. I'm stuck on Road Rage and I really have no clue what the hell I'm doing. Am I supposed to drive into them? I can't shoot them for whatever reason, but driving into them just pushes them around half the time. It promotes sliding into them, but I've found that damn near impossible since none will actually drive next to me. Sometimes I can kill some, some times I can't, but I'm not exactly sure how I'm getting those kills and not others.

A boost-dodge will only sometimes take them down. The most reliable ways are three immobilizers (missiles), boosting into them (from the side or head-on is almost always a KO) or checking them into buildings while they're at full speed. It's kind of luck based. Try to stay in bigger areas (don't go into tunnels).

Sober

It's still useful for making makeshift perches though. there were a couple checkpoints where I couldn't disable enemy weapons without them spotting me untilI used it.
It's really few and far inbetween out in the open world because you need a wall on each side. I never had an issue with weapons at checkpoints because you either needed the Batmobile to do the trick (all guns + cannons) or it was just a few guns so you just dive in and CC the guns.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

You can fire rockets, but those waste time if the chase drags on for too long. I'm a big fan of the sideswipe move, it pushes them into walls quickly and you can move on to a new target faster. I'd also start pressing O then to get a lock on the new target immediately.

What I hate about these challenges is that the amount of cars you meet is a bit random. One time I could be driving around and not see a single new car, but other times the streets are crawling with them. In any case, stay around the starting area, don't stray too far off.

In the comics:
Robin in stuff like Batgirl Year One. They have a relationship too. But it was Dick Grayson, the first Robin. Arkhamverse seems to favor Tim Drake as Barb's love interest, as Dick is apparently older

Well yeah, I'm well versed with DC comics continuity, which is why I'm miffed they're pushing Babs/Tim. However,
probably based on just that they're pushing that, Tim must be relatively the same age as her I would guess. So, I'm going to say the other crimefighter was most likely Nightwing and he's probably been active under that persona for a good while in the Arkhamverse. If so, that's pretty cool that Dick gets some respect, I'm a huge fan.

My immediate thought is Jim Gordon ... but that wouldn't make any sense for
Harley
to say, would it?

Definitely wouldn't make sense, unless the writers screwed that up.

The game only tells you once or twice I think – for some side missions, you have to go and find them yourself.

- use detective mode (to find groups of thugs around firemen / flashing red street mines / dead bodies hung up, etc)
- listen to the cop radio broadcasts (the helicopters will hover over side mission points and point their spotlights at them)
- whenever you find a side mission point while doing something else, hold the Detective Mode button to scan them and flag them up for later. This puts them on your minimap, and when you use the Mission Wheel it'll point you to the ones you've scanned
Thanks all for the tips, I didn't realize some of the side missions had to be "discovered". I guess I'm used to games throwing a mission marker in my face at this point :)

Top Bottom