• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

If you somehow get the broke-ass, delisted PC version, there's a mod that lets you run around as those characters in the open-world. If that's good enough for you (with inconsistent character voices), then there's that.

Not in any official capacity though

That's unfortunate, as I planned on buying it on the Playstation. Oh, well. Thanks for the responds, though!

Sheppard

These Batmobile challenges drive me up a f'n wall. I'm stuck on Road Rage and I really have no clue what the hell I'm doing. Am I supposed to drive into them? I can't shoot them for whatever reason, but driving into them just pushes them around half the time. It promotes sliding into them, but I've found that damn near impossible since none will actually drive next to me. Sometimes I can kill some, some times I can't, but I'm not exactly sure how I'm getting those kills and not others.

God I am with you on this. There is some shit RNG on this as well. Sometimes I can find them other times I will not see one for like a full 30 secs. BULLSHIT.

I remember there was one trophy at the back of the room that was blocked off by a bunch of red Riddler pads and I thought "this is it line launcher, now's your time to shine"

nope, can't use the line launcher there. You're supposed to glide over the pads. gg rocksteady

Actually, you have to use the launcher, but first you have to remote control the batmobile and detach the whench. That way there's a wall behind you to use the launcher.

God I am with you on this. There is some shit RNG on this as well. Sometimes I can find them other times I will not see one for like a full 30 secs. BULLSHIT.
Yeah, it's random. If you're stuck though, always try to turn back into the center of the island as more are likely to spawn there. I think I managed to get 19 after not being able to get three stars on it a few times.

Batgirl DLC was pretty decent. She's a real badass and seeing Harley in that outfit (for 5 minutes) was great.

However, WB Montreal's signature lack of polish reared its ugly head several times - one predator room was just a mess with the R1 prompts for me.
Also, what's up with their use of video cutscenes? I replayed Origins last week and it was the same deal - scenes that can be easily rendered in real-time but they decide to waste hard drive space with video files.

Wasp

I'm stuck on this Riddler trophy. Any help?

Late game spoilers.
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...24_1601580693426820_3872513563629024034_o.jpg

I remember there was one trophy at the back of the room that was blocked off by a bunch of red Riddler pads and I thought "this is it line launcher, now's your time to shine"

nope, can't use the line launcher there. You're supposed to glide over the pads. gg rocksteady
I simply zapped each of the red pads with the Remote Electrical Charge gun and turned them off and walked over them. You can do this whenever you see those red pads.

Sober

neoism

Probably won't grab this game so here's the E3 experience skin. First to quote can have the code.
ec

damn it i should watch this thread more i miss this every time :/

real shame the batgirl slc is sooo short and it will more than likely be 9.99 smfh... cant as much as i would love to play as batgirl i cant justify 1/6th the games cost for 2 hours max...

damn it i should watch this thread more i miss this every time :/

real shame the batgirl slc is sooo short and it will more than likely be 9.99 smfh... cant as much as i would love to play as batgirl i cant justify 1/6th the games cost for 2 hours max...

Batgirl DLC will be 7 dollars.

D1AMONDDOGS

Neo Member
Anyone know the locations of all 4 Carnival Games in the Batgirl DLC?

I've only found 3. Got every other collectible though. Other than that, I've finished it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Anyone know the locations of all 4 Carnival Games in the Batgirl DLC?

I've only found 3. Got every other collectible though. Other than that, I've finished it.

This video has them all, just skip to the one you don't recognize. After that you need to go inside a building in the center of the map for the conclusion to the story. That building has a map showing which games you completed on the outside btw.

ZeroX03

Banned
Batgirl was shorty and buggy and she really did play like a poor man's Batman. She doesn't even get unique mechanics unless you count hacking lights or scares. Robin's more enjoyable to use. Good job WB Montreal, living up to expectations...

And why does she have the same Batclaw animation as everyone else? They show her using a different one in the opening cutscene.

I usually just blitzed through the dual fights in the main game, but messing around with them a bit made me realize how entertaining it is to use two different characters in tandem in normal play, to see how the dual takedown animations unfurl and to mess with the possibilities of being able to switch at will.

I did a "batclaw into super stun + kick" with Batman, switched to Robin and kicked the guy out of the air. Which was awesome

Also seems Robin has an odd spin attack that takes the place of the "weapon destroy" input. Not sure what it does.

I need some dual challenge maps.
and legit co-op challenge maps

Pimpbaa

?

I already had the update from yesterday downloaded. The DLC is an additional 3.4 GB on top of the 3.7 GB from yesterday. My internet is fast enough that I should be able to download this much in a few minutes, not 6 hours.

I have fast internet too, stuff around 3 GB always downloads within a few minutes. Something is very wrong with your internet connection or ps4.

Megasoum

Banned
Are those huge cannons on 4 legs (like giant spiders) considered drones? I'm trying to figure out how to handle them (that checkpoint next to the clock tower is a bitch)... I noticed the disruptor upgrade for drones but I'm not sure if it works on those?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Are those huge cannons on 4 legs (like giant spiders) considered drones? I'm trying to figure out how to handle them (that checkpoint next to the clock tower is a bitch)... I noticed the disruptor upgrade for drones but I'm not sure if it works on those?
The disruptor upgrade works for those as well. When they explode they also happen to take out nearby enemies, hint hint.

Might be wrong, but:

The big stationary canons can be hit with the disruptor. I know I've disrupted some in some checkpoints and when they tried to fire, they blew up, knocking out a bunch of enemies.

The stationary missile launchers can't be, iirc. They all can blinded using the hacking device, but it's one at a time.

Megasoum

Banned
The disruptor upgrade works for those as well. When they explode they also happen to take out nearby enemies, hint hint.

Niiiice.... Thanks

Edit: Yeah ok that was super easy with that upgrade haha

So what actually dictacte when a gadget gets recharged? For example I used 2 ammo of the disruptor on one checkpoint. Completed it then moved to my next checkpoint and I only still have 1 ammo left.

On Demand

Banned
Is there suppose to be no music 70% trough the story? It's killing the mood for me. It's too quite.

And the recent update didn't fix the bat suit glitch? That's killing the mood for me too.

Crossing Eden

Niiiice.... Thanks

Edit: Yeah ok that was super easy with that upgrade haha

So what actually dictacte when a gadget gets recharged? For example I used 2 ammo of the disruptor on one checkpoint. Completed it then moved to my next checkpoint and I only still have 1 ammo left.
No idea.

Is there suppose to be no music 70% trough the story? It's killing the mood for me. It's too quite.

And the recent update didn't fix the bat suit glitch? That's killing the mood for me too.
There are a lot of tracks that are supposed to be playing during missions so you may be experiencing a glitch. My favorite track.

Just finished the DLC and 100% it. Batgirl is alright, but I wish they would of made her more unique. She doesn't have any different gadget or abilities (other than quick takedowns when enemies are scared).

It's kind of a bummer, cause back when they introduced Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing back in AC they all had their own set of gadgets and individual moves. Batgirl has a few unique animations and takedowns but that's pretty much it that is stand out for her.

Even Red Hood and Harley had more unique stuff even though they has short campaigns. Maybe it's a result of RS not working on it.

Crossing Eden

Just finished the DLC and 100% it. Batgirl is alright, but I wish they would of made her more unique. She doesn't have any different gadget or abilities (other than quick takedowns when enemies are scared).

It's kind of a bummer, cause back when they introduced Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing back in AC they all had their own set of gadgets and individual moves. Batgirl has a few unique animations and takedowns but that's pretty much it that makes her stand out.

Even Red Hood and Harley had more unique stuff even though they has short campaigns. Maybe it's a result of RS not working on it.
Bruh how the hell did you get 268K on that combat challenge?

Azrael's Atonement

Keeping a flawless combo with a bunch of mix ups for variation. I got no tips really other than always keep a rhythm, don't mash. I see so many videos and streams of people just gliding back and forth across the map, punching the crap out of enemies already on the ground. It's much better to just pick up downed enemies and do a beatdown if you have a window for it. But I also don't like to spam beatdowns, critical attacks are way more efficient at getting your combo up.

Now go kick some ass!

Your friend,

- Gotham's Greatest

I recently finished the main story and I'm trying to clean up the Most Wanted missions. I only have the Riddler left, but I recently found that one I solved already is marked as incomplete and I can no longer access it. It is located in
the orphanage in the "Final Exam" section. It is in a room that needs to be unlocked with the remote hacking device. I unlocked it and scanned the riddle earlier. I see it's marked as incomplete and the story it unlocked is not available to view. The screen no longer has a ? on it and cannot be opened.

Anyone else run into any issues like this, or know of a fix? I'd hate to have to start the entire game over when I only need to collect riddles to finish everything.

aristotle

I recently finished the main story and I'm trying to clean up the Most Wanted missions. I only have the Riddler left, but I recently found that one I solved already is marked as incomplete and I can no longer access it. It is located in
the orphanage in the "Final Exam" section. It is in a room that needs to be unlocked with the remote hacking device. I unlocked it and scanned the riddle earlier. I see it's marked as incomplete and the story it unlocked is not available to view. The screen no longer has a ? on it and cannot be opened.

Anyone else run into any issues like this, or know of a fix? I'd hate to have to start the entire game over when I only need to collect riddles to finish everything.

Uh you're completely mistaken. The only riddle there is to
Scan her collar. If you already freed her, the collar is in the room with the final key with the radiator.

Crossing Eden

Keeping a flawless combo with a bunch of mix ups for variation. I got no tips really other than always keep a rhythm, don't mash. I see so many videos and streams of people just gliding back and forth across the map, punching the crap out of enemies already on the ground. It's much better to just pick up downed enemies and do a beatdown if you have a window for it. But I also don't like to spam beatdowns, critical attacks are way more efficient at getting your combo up.

Now go kick some ass!

Your friend,

- Gotham's Greatest
My best is 121K. Fucking electrical stick guy gets me every time.

Sober

Now go kick some ass!

Your friend,

- Gotham's Greatest
Variation only matters at a certain score level where it's a bigger %age of your score. After a certain point all you need to do is just spam crit strikes everywhere and pay attention either to incoming counters to dodge or to combo takedown an enemy that would stop your combo. Also knowing what gives you a truckload of points helps.

Top Bottom