• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

neoism

someone please tell me my game isnt fucked... im looking tothe own the roads side quest im only 70 through the story...
as of now it says
5/6 Miagani island

0/0 bleake island

7/7 founders island

i cant find the last one on miagani island do i need to get farther in the story before it shows up or something???

:/

stephen08

:) Glad to see some positivity. Any other impressions around here?

It's short but fun. I'd liken it a bit to if you took the Panessa film studios bit out of the main game and had it as an aside. My only real complaint is what the DLC isn't. I was hoping for a more significant piece of content but it became clear that it wasn't going to be the case when it cost $7. So yeah, good for what it is.

Sober

someone please tell me my game isnt fucked... im looking tothe own the roads side quest im only 70 through the story...
as of now it says
5/6 Miagani island

0/0 bleake island

7/7 founders island

i cant find the last one on miagani island do i need to get farther in the story before it shows up or something???

:/
More gets added as the story progresses. You might just not be able to find the last one on Miagami but it's definitely not the last one.

catspit

Need help... Cleared all the threats on all areas but still haven't
triggered death stroke.. He said something about how he has the city rigged to blow and then nothing

Need help... Cleared all the threats on all areas but still haven't
triggered death stroke.. He said something about how he has the city rigged to blow and then nothing

Those are the mines, aren't they?

holy fucking shit HOW do you take out the big guys with electirc fist damn...:/

REC shock to knock them back when you're dealing with other guys, then do a cape stun and leap over, like you would a shield guy. He'll be stunned then you can go for the beatdown.

KevinCow

Banned
REC shock to knock them back when you're dealing with other guys, then do a cape stun and leap over, like you would a shield guy. He'll be stunned then you can go for the beatdown.

You don't even need to leap over. Just REC to disable electric fists, cape stun, beatdown.

I'd also recommend unlocking the Special Combo Batclaw Takedown or whatever it's called, as it takes out big guys in one go.

Uh you're completely mistaken. The only riddle there is to
Scan her collar. If you already freed her, the collar is in the room with the final key with the radiator.

I enter one of the challenge rooms and Riddler says "You forced this contraption over my brain, I'll reward you with punishment, debasement and pain." There is a screen that should be hackable but isn't.
I also see it on the map from interrogating one of his thugs. I already solved the one you mentioned. It's possible that where I thought it was was used for something else and I'm just missing it. I remember solving it earlier, but I'll run through the area again.

If there's one thing that I hate about this game, it's those damned electrical enemies. Both types.

I know I came across some of them without the game prompting me what to do the first time. Or maybe that was the shield brutes

Electrical brutes wipe out everyone around them if you REC them though, which is a lot of fun.

I enter one of the challenge rooms and Riddler says "You forced this contraption over my brain, I'll reward you with punishment, debasement and pain." There is a screen that should be hackable but isn't.
I also see it on the map from interrogating one of his thugs. I already solved the one you mentioned. It's possible that where I thought it was was used for something else and I'm just missing it. I remember solving it earlier, but I'll run through the area again.

In the final exam room, there's a door you need to hack to open.
In their, on the desk, is the headpiece he made Riddler wear at the end of the Riddler side quest in Arkham City.

I know I came across some of them without the game prompting me what to do the first time. Or maybe that was the shield brutes

Electrical brutes wipe out everyone around them if you REC them though, which is a lot of fun.

I never even thought to try using that. I didn't often use gadgets during Free-Flow Combat, and the same was true of the previous games.

It likely made things harder.

Neff

Finished A Matter of Family last night.

Enjoyable, very imaginative and creepy setting. Shame it's as short and simplistic as it is though, especially considering how much effort was put into the environment. It looks very nice, and playing as Batgirl is cool.

In the final exam room, there's a door you need to hack to open.
In their, on the desk, is the headpiece he made Riddler wear at the end of the Riddler side quest in Arkham City.

I solved it earlier in the game, but for whatever reason, it is marked as incomplete under the riddles and appears on the map (the story unlocked for solving it also no longer appears). I hacked the door and scanned/solved the riddle earlier, but now when I go back the door cannot be hacked or opened.

my short sweet review of batgirl DLC

spoiler free

https://twitter.com/mgs2master2/status/621225981823447040

a picture too if you dont wanna click

mCU8LRJ.png

vladdamad

Finally started this game yesterday, enjoying it a lot so far but have a small question about a game mechanic introduced a couple of hours in relating to batmobile combat -
at one point you are told that it is possible to destroy the drones in one hit if you aim at something particular. There was a small tutorial text pop-up but I missed it, does anyone know what it was?

Overall, really enjoying this, story is pretty crazy and I genuinely have no idea where it is going. Sidequests are a bit meh so far apart from the Riddler stuff which is great as always and the
Man Bat stuff, which I was genuinely surprised at the production values - the video that you find about his transformation in his lab is heart-breaking

I'm actually really enjoying the Batmobile although I am told it gets a lot more tedious later on. It seems to me if Arkham Asylum is modelled loosely on Metroid, and Arkham City on Zelda, then this has a lot in common with GTA. It feels significantly different to the previous two installments, but in a good way. Also pleasantly surprised with the puzzles, especially in one of the first areas,
ACE Chemicals
. The way they incorporate the
remote control Batmobile
into the puzzles is brilliant.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Finally started this game yesterday, enjoying it a lot so far but have a small question about a game mechanic introduced a couple of hours in relating to batmobile combat -
at one point you are told that it is possible to destroy the drones in one hit if you aim at something particular. There was a small tutorial text pop-up but I missed it, does anyone know what it was?

Overall, really enjoying this, story is pretty crazy and I genuinely have no idea where it is going. Sidequests are a bit meh so far apart from the Riddler stuff which is great as always and the
Man Bat stuff, which I was genuinely surprised at the production values - the video that you find about his transformation in his lab is heart-breaking

I'm actually really enjoying the Batmobile although I am told it gets a lot more tedious later on. It seems to me if Arkham Asylum is modelled loosely on Metroid, and Arkham City on Zelda, then this has a lot in common with GTA. It feels significantly different to the previous two installments, but in a good way. Also pleasantly surprised with the puzzles, especially in one of the first areas,
ACE Chemicals
. The way they incorporate the
remote control Batmobile
into the puzzles is brilliant.
You can one hit kill drones from the very first battle, just aim for the turret of a drone with R2.

Alpende

?

I already had the update from yesterday downloaded. The DLC is an additional 3.4 GB on top of the 3.7 GB from yesterday. My internet is fast enough that I should be able to download this much in a few minutes, not 6 hours.

Oh, I didn't get you were talking about DLC, my bad. And I agree with you, my internet is also fast enough but PSN takes way too long to download stuff.

Skii

Does anyone know how you're supposed to find the firecrew in "The Line Of Duty" side mission? There is no marker and I just can't think how you're supposed to find them.

At least with "The Perfect Crime" side mission, you have the opera music to listen out for.

These side missions are just oddly unintuitive to me. All other Batman games have had markers for side missions but now they don't.

Do I need to progress the main story? I'm at the part where
Barbara Gordon is kidnapped by the Arkham Knight

About to play the game for the first time, just put the disc in. How important is that update file (PS4)? It's frickin' huge for an update.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Does anyone know how you're supposed to find the firecrew in "The Line Of Duty" side mission? There is no marker and I just can't think how you're supposed to find them.

At least with "The Perfect Crime" side mission, you have the opera music to listen out for.

These side missions are just oddly unintuitive to me. All other Batman games have had markers for side missions but now they don't.

While you're gliding, put on detective vision and look out for groups of thugs. Often, when you get close, you'll pick up up on their chatter + that of the fireman as well. Then just follow the arrow to the location. Sometimes just listening to the chatter is enough to get a location.

With a lot of side missions, the game will only feed you a marker when you've discovered that location before.

mikeybass

Neo Member

Blow up the aerial drones. Batman will notify the police that the area is clear and police helicopters will start patrolling the area. You'll start getting radio updates about sightings.

It seemed to help me on my playthrough anyway.

cormack12

Gold Member

I just rescued one, did another side mission then targeted the firemen again. Alfred would usually call with a general area, then go into detective mode and look for a group of thugs. When you get close enough a green objective marker will appear.

@catspit - if you've taken out all watch towers, check points and road bombs then you will get a marker to drive to. When you drive to the marker the final battle should start. If you want to know the end battle is
Batmobile fight, with several of those scanning drones that can only be taken out from behind. Then a Deathstroke final tank to beat.

@neoism - A couple on Miagani island are not at ground level.........

@Megasoum - The disruptor charges as you play. If you check the weapon radial, you'll see it has four translucent quadrants. As each quarter fills up, you get another disruptor bullet.

Variation only matters at a certain score level where it's a bigger %age of your score. After a certain point all you need to do is just spam crit strikes everywhere and pay attention either to incoming counters to dodge or to combo takedown an enemy that would stop your combo. Also knowing what gives you a truckload of points helps.

Yes...I know this. I pretty much like doing a ton of variations and not really spamming anything. My points are always high and top of the leaderboards. I mostly go for style and from the mindset of what would look cool and would be the most "Batman". I hate playing games and min-maxing things. To each their own.

My best is 121K. Fucking electrical stick guy gets me every time.

Just weapon disarm, freeze blast or REC shock as soon as you see them.

Skii

While you're gliding, put on detective vision and look out for groups of thugs. Often, when you get close, you'll pick up up on their chatter + that of the fireman as well. Then just follow the arrow to the location. Sometimes just listening to the chatter is enough to get a location.

With a lot of side missions, the game will only feed you a marker when you've discovered that location before.

Blow up the aerial drones. Batman will notify the police that the area is clear and police helicopters will start patrolling the area. You'll start getting radio updates about sightings.

It seemed to help me on my playthrough anyway.

I just rescued one, did another side mission then targeted the firemen again. Alfred would usually call with a general area, then go into detective mode and look for a group of thugs. When you get close enough a green objective marker will appear.

Okay, thanks for the info. Surprised that you're actually forced into using your detective skills in the open world. They should've had an internal monologue of listening to the radio to find the location of the fireman (they probably did and I missed it lol).

Also, how am I supposed to progress the riddler challenges? Do I just need to look around?

On Demand

Banned
With the firemen mission i did not actively look for any of them. While doing other missions, or just roaming around, the locations would randomly pop up. I only have about 3 left now.

I'm glad i did it this way because searching for them would of been annoying.

Jito

Banned
Is the DLC released only for season pass owners? It doesn't have the option for me to purchase the DLC on the store, just says "You are not able to purchase this product, You do not own -Batman Season Pass".

Chitown B

Is the DLC released only for season pass owners? It doesn't have the option for me to purchase the DLC on the store, just says "You are not able to purchase this product, You do not own -Batman Season Pass".

I think you answered your own question.

I'm sure it'll be up for the plebes soon.

Simo

With the firemen mission i did not actively look for any of them. While doing other missions, or just roaming around, the locations would randomly pop up. I only have about 3 left now.

I'm glad i did it this way because searching for them would of been annoying.

Best way to do it honestly but if you do want to search them out...then be the goddamn Batman. Grapple to a high point and switch to detective mode to scan the area to find them and then swoop down and rescue them.

A lot of times though just gliding or driving within 300 meters of one of the firemen you usually catch some chatter from the thugs holding them hostage and then can zone in on them.

Season pass owners get it sooner, like the Batgirl DLC which non pass owners have to wait a few weeks and then can purchase it for $6.99.

Hupsel

Finished the game yesterday, loved it! Probably my second favorite game of the year so far, behind Bloodborne. The story is pretty good for videogame standards. Batmobile was overused, yeah, but he isnt that bad to use. Still dont understand some of the hate the game gets.

Slixshot

Banned
It's short but fun. I'd liken it a bit to if you took the Panessa film studios bit out of the main game and had it as an aside. My only real complaint is what the DLC isn't. I was hoping for a more significant piece of content but it became clear that it wasn't going to be the case when it cost $7. So yeah, good for what it is.

That's fair :) Thanks for the impression!

Alpende

Is there a way to grapple on ledges without Batman automatically going over them. I want him to hang there in order to take out dudes.

Kinyou

Stumbled upon this little easteregg while playing yesterday

http://i.imgur.com/SRdHl8M.gifv

(Not a spoiler but I'll put it behind tag just in case someone wants to discover it on their own)

In the GCPD you can knockout the the one goon with the broken hand. Just walk up to him and press X/Square

I just love how many little details Rocksteady puts into their games.

delSai

Batgirls takedowns are great. Love the kicks. Sucks that she doesnt have any unique gadgets.

Is Batgirl actually Barbara Gordon? Or someone else?

Cause Barbara Gordon is uh... in a wheelchair in the campaign.

Yes it is Barbara.
The DLC takes place before Asylum, before Babs was in a wheelchair.

Top Bottom