• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Drayco21

No, the guys who say me where the throphys and breakable objects are.

Man, I am worried... The map tells me that I found everything on Founders Island but in the overview, the checklists wont be marked...

Are there a bunch of flashing circles on the overview items? They don't actually check off until you go into the individual squares and let them go through the slow animation to check off.

Johndoey

Banned
I really am sorry so many people don't like the Riddler stuff. I thought it was easily the best and most enjoyable out of all the Arkham games; I absolutely loved it.

No, the guys who say me where the throphys and breakable objects are.

Man, I am worried... The map tells me that I found every breakable object on Founders Island but in the overview, the checklists wont be marked...

Don't worry I had the same "issue". The remaining trophies and objects are in the underground (not visible on your map).

Paganmoon

Tried to find this answer on google, but I'm getting so many conflicting posts I don't know what to believe.

So I'm done with the main mission, and finally got passed Azrael and did all side missions minus riddler trophies. Will
initiating knightfall protocol lock me out of finishing riddler trophies in this save, and have to do them (from the beginning) in the NG+? No spoilers on what Knightfall protocol is please. Just a simple "yes, you'll be locked out" or "no, you can keep freeroaming after knightfall."

Drayco21

Tried to find this answer on google, but I'm getting so many conflicting posts I don't know what to believe.

So I'm done with the main mission, and finally got passed Azrael and did all side missions minus riddler trophies. Will
initiating knightfall protocol lock me out of finishing riddler trophies in this save, and have to do them (from the beginning) in the NG+? No spoilers on what Knightfall protocol is please. Just a simple "yes, you'll be locked out" or "no, you can keep freeroaming after knightfall."

No, you can keep freeroaming. It just dumps you back out into Gotham and tells you there's more stuff to do.

Paganmoon

No, you can keep freeroaming. It just dumps you back out into Gotham and tells you there's more stuff to do.

Thanks!

Edit: the moving of OT's into community seems so arbitrary. ESO was released 2 weeks prior to Batman, it's only got 100 pages, still on gaming side. Life is strange, still on gaming side etc.

burgerdog

Thanks!

Edit: the moving of OT's into community seems so arbitrary. ESO was released 2 weeks prior to Batman, it's only got 100 pages, still on gaming side. Life is strange, still on gaming side etc.

It's sort of weird, some threads manage to stay in gaming side for months without ever getting sent here.

I understood is as Batman banishing imaginary Joker from his mind and by doing that he had no more fear of Joker or other stuff(?) and because of that the fear toxin had no effect anymore.

The way I took it was

• Batman cured the Titan disease in Arkham City, but whatever turned Joker into the Joker was still in his blood (and in the infected people)
  • The Ace chemicals that made the Joker turns people's skin white, their hair green, and it seemingly warps the mind or drives people crazy somehow. Those "joker infected" started going crazy, and Batman knew he'd soon follow
  • Through the power of suggestion, the Joker infected started to adopt characteristics of the Joker as they started going insane.
  • Having obsessed over and studied the Joker for so long, after knowing him so well and having as powerful a mind as he does, Batman had what was essentially Joker's consciousness formed within his subconscious.
  • After being exposed to Scarecrow's fear toxin at Ace Chemicals, Batman's greatest fear was brought to the surface: possibly becoming the Joker. Coupled with the "Joker disease," and this consciousness of the Joker that Batman himself formed in his own mind, this is a real possibility.
  • After being exposed to more toxin, this Joker consciousness starts to further take hold. At the end of the game, Batman is exposed to the point Joker's consciousness comes to the forefront of Batman's mind — when you see the Joker strapped to the gurney, that is essentially the Joker.
  • Scarecrow thinks his toxin isn't working enough, so he injects more toxin, but since Joker has taken over, the toxin then brings out the Joker's deepest fears: being forgotten, and being locked away forever by Batman.
  • The first part of the final sequence where you play as the Joker getting out into Gotham is him taking control. The part where he sees his all but empty funeral, here's the radio broadcast that dismisses him and is pursued by Batman is his deepest fear becoming reality.
  • When you paly as Batman and lock Joker away in the Arkham Asylum within Batman's mind, that's him regaining control. Physically, the toxin may be making him frightened, but he's overcome what he's truly afraid of, so it has no affect on him.

Don't know what becomes of Batman considering he found no real cure for the "Joker disease," and he only managed to defeat the Joker consciousness in his mind. I suspect he becomes further unhinged to some degree and maybe suffers some damage from the disease, but still fights crime.

Cindro

Because they're so easy? I'd rather the rest of the game followed suit. Easy trophies + tiny area = quickest section to clear out
Really? The multiple vertical levels of the airships + the ship tilting mechanic + the non-linear routes to get around makes it a nightmare in navigation for me. Not difficult so much as just tedious and boring.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Whelp,

just beat the bomb defuses and check points as well as finishing the game and none of the achievements unlocked.

Awesome....

Which achievements would you have expected to have unlocked. Somehow I don't think this is accurate OR you're not really finished.

Of course, Xbox One's achievements can be frustratingly glitchy at times. Some not fully unlocking until days after being earned.

Really? The multiple vertical levels of the airships + the ship tilting mechanic + the non-linear routes to get around makes it a nightmare in navigation for me. Not difficult so much as just tedious and boring.
Any parts in particular? It took me a while to remember how to get below the first area you see inside the airships, but other than that it was pretty straight forward (except for the glitchy box). It had some decent puzzles in there too — the trophies that are lying out in the open are the tedious ones.

The HQ was harder to keep straight.

FHIZ

So on Saturday, I had the NG+ play through between me and the platinum trophy, so I just started it to make sure I wouldn't push it off and it'd be fresh in my mind... and here I am having gone through the game again in just under 24 hours.

I definitely really liked Knightmare mode, the lack of counter indicators really made though getting through a fight effortlessly feel great, and it made me step up my game in predator encounters as well. Fun platinum trophy to get.

Now I wait for whatever story DLC there is. I hope we get an Arkham Knight epilogue. Maybe... I don't know. Though I thought the reveal was choreographed way too early (as in, I know my Batman... the very first words out of his mouth made the mystery laughable joke) where he was left off is super unsatisfying. Just a quick "Oh hey... okay bye." Definitely needs more closure despite being a predictable turn of events from start to finish.

Dalek

Is this riddler trophy glitched for me?

Founders Island, use sonar in Batmobile to follow the question marks. Marks eventually go up the side of a tower and stop. I raise the bridge to jump across, but once I get there I use sonar but the question marks don't continue.

I definitely really liked Knightmare mode, the lack of counter indicators really made though getting through a fight effortlessly feel great, and it made me step up my game in predator encounters as well.
Yeah, I've always preferred to have the counter icons off. I find them distracting, like a "PRESS TRIANGLE NOW" QTE, as opposed to reacting to the attack naturally and/or appropriately (example: you don't NEED to counter every attack coming to you - there are other options like vaulting or quick gadgets, etc.).
It's a shame that Asylum is the only one that lets you disable the icons from the beginning.

The only "problem" I have with the lack of counter icons is blade takedowns - especially the fast ones. But when you manage to get it perfectly... that's a damn good feeling.

Founders Island, use sonar in Batmobile to follow the question marks. Marks eventually go up the side of a tower and stop. I raise the bridge to jump across, but once I get there I use sonar but the question marks don't continue.
The sonar ones are just finicky. Just keep trying from different angles.

Reule

Try scanning from the bridge/ramp itself. Drive up to the edge of it and then scan across. That way there are some question marks marked on the other side for when you do jump across. I think that's what I did.

SomTervo

The way I took it was

• Batman cured the Titan disease in Arkham City, but whatever turned Joker into the Joker was still in his blood (and in the infected people)
  • The Ace chemicals that made the Joker turns people's skin white, their hair green, and it seemingly warps the mind or drives people crazy somehow. Those "joker infected" started going crazy, and Batman knew he'd soon follow
  • Through the power of suggestion, the Joker infected started to adopt characteristics of the Joker as they started going insane.
  • Having obsessed over and studied the Joker for so long, after knowing him so well and having as powerful a mind as he does, Batman had what was essentially Joker's consciousness formed within his subconscious.
  • After being exposed to Scarecrow's fear toxin at Ace Chemicals, Batman's greatest fear was brought to the surface: possibly becoming the Joker. Coupled with the "Joker disease," and this consciousness of the Joker that Batman himself formed in his own mind, this is a real possibility.
  • After being exposed to more toxin, this Joker consciousness starts to further take hold. At the end of the game, Batman is exposed to the point Joker's consciousness comes to the forefront of Batman's mind — when you see the Joker strapped to the gurney, that is essentially the Joker.
  • Scarecrow thinks his toxin isn't working enough, so he injects more toxin, but since Joker has taken over, the toxin then brings out the Joker's deepest fears: being forgotten, and being locked away forever by Batman.
  • The first part of the final sequence where you play as the Joker getting out into Gotham is him taking control. The part where he sees his all but empty funeral, here's the radio broadcast that dismisses him and is pursued by Batman is his deepest fear becoming reality.
  • When you paly as Batman and lock Joker away in the Arkham Asylum within Batman's mind, that's him regaining control. Physically, the toxin may be making him frightened, but he's overcome what he's truly afraid of, so it has no affect on him.

Don't know what becomes of Batman considering he found no real cure for the "Joker disease," and he only managed to defeat the Joker consciousness in his mind. I suspect he becomes further unhinged to some degree and maybe suffers some damage from the disease, but still fights crime.

This is amazing and hits the nail on the head. Echoes my thoughts and adds to them a little. For example I never considered that
Joker's fears start coming to the surface because of the increased amount of toxin. So Batman's fear - becoming the Joker - is supplanted by Joker's fear - being forgotten.
Ingenious.

Those are really annoying and shit. In this one's case the question marks do continue up onto the tower, but they sometimes don't register. Make sure you sit the car right in front of the tower and let it do a couple of scans straight up the wall. Then leap over. They should be there. If not, do a 180 to look at the edge of the tower. Do a couple more scans. Hopefully it'll pick the trail up. It ends just on the top of the tower.

However, if things go wrong:

A) If you lose the trail, the question marks disappear, and you can't activate the sonar switch again, just go away and do another riddler trophy. The trail you failed will reactivate at a random time. It's not gone forever.

B) if it is gone forever, and you can't activate the trail once it disappears in a glitchy way, the puzzle has glitched. However, if you pause the game and look at the Riddler Challenges screen, you might find that the puzzle actually completed anyway. I had two complete even though I never reached the end of the trail and they glitched out half way.

C) If you lose the trail, the beacon doesn't reactivate, and it's not marked as 'complete' on the Riddler screen, then it may be properly glitched. Quit back to the 'Press Start' menu for the game, and before loading your save, press L1 to load a backup save from up to an hour before in game-time.

Seriously, I like all the Riddler puzzles in the game except these, which are totally fucked up.

If you go to the menu and look at the Riddler challenges screen, you should be

Man i have to say, im at around 65% and im really impressed. What a good story, super interesting. Loving the gameplay too. I dont want it to end!

usp84

So i finally get to play this properly.A question about the sound please

Are my Gold Wireless Playstation headphones just "Headphones" or "Pro Headphones"?

Finally finished last night. Still have around 200 riddles to go though and I don't think I'm going to go through with it, even though I did get them all in AA and AC. My free time just isn't what it used to be when I played those games and I think I got my Batman fix for now. It's pretty disappointing that they decided to hold the ending of the game ransom behind such a tedious task.

The way I took it was

Awesome analysis. Caught a lot of my thoughts as well, and this whole scene is why I can forgive other.... disappointing story elements

Morts

Ending question: I may have forgotten but
why did Scarecrow bother to keep Barbara alive?

Also,
I've only gotten the 'first' ending so far but I wanted Batman to catch more shot for locking Robin in a cell. I was also hoping Jason would get a bit more screen time after Scarecrow got put away.
Still got to finish those side quests, but I'm not expecting much.

Ending question: I may have forgotten but
why did Scarecrow bother to keep Barbara alive?

Also,
I've only gotten the 'first' ending so far but I wanted Batman to catch more shot for locking Robin in a cell. I was also hoping Jason would get a bit more screen time after Scarecrow got put away.
Still got to finish those side quests, but I'm not expecting much.

If you listen to (SPOILERS) Arkham Knight's and/or Scarecrow's interview tapes, you might get a better idea. Also, ultimately he wanted to
use her to get Gordon to lure out Batman.

and don't expect much

Question for 90% into story
just discovered the knight's identity
. Can someone tell me without any spoilers, something happened that makes me wonder if i will be able to free roam again and finish the side missions.
that thing i just lost, will i be able to get another one to help finish side missions or is it gone until i finish the last 10% of story?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
. Can someone tell me without any spoilers, something happened that makes me wonder if i will be able to free roam again and finish the side missions.
that thing i just lost, will i be able to get another one to help finish side missions or is it gone until i finish the last 10% of story?
Yes, you will.
Was worried like you, but there wont be any problems.

You can 100% the game no matter when you complete side missions. You can even get more skill points in NG+ and use them in your first save file.

I like these post game conversation.
Talking about how Bruce Wayne is Batman.

You can 100% the game no matter when you complete side missions. You can even get more skill points in NG+ and use them in your first save file.

Question is though if you get a skill after NG+ in your normal file does it crossover to NG+

So i finally get to play this properly.A question about the sound please

Are my Gold Wireless Playstation headphones just "Headphones" or "Pro Headphones"?
I asked this earlier but couldn't find a definitive answer. My suggestion is to just go with what sounds better to you, and turn off Virtual Surround Sound, it really makes spoken dialog sound awful.

dankir

Just beat the main storyline. Freaking amazing !?@!?@! How are people saying the story was poor? The ending was great and I showed how much the first game was so important to the series, at least in my eyes I was smiling the whole time. I still have some Riddler trophies to get to get 100% but goddamn I loved every minute of it. And my Batmobile impressions were negative when I first started playing but now that I'm a seasoned Batmobile driver I really enjoyed using it.

Rocksteady are gods.I really hope they do another superhero game or something.

9/10

Favorite part by far was when you take down Hush, I let out a holy shit cuz man you fuck him up!!!!2nd would be the take downs you perform on the Joker clones at the end. So satisfying

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
fDncyZT.jpg

lol

On Demand

Banned
wat

If you mean Riddler's saying you haven't finished his riddles, it means you're missing some trophies/breakables/riddles.

When I found two trophies he says "I'm not giving you any credit because I wasn't done with the riddle." Or "Cheater. I wasn't finished yet."

I'm sure it's just a joke.

On another note. Who actually did cheat using the batmobile on those militia checkpoints? Some of them allow you to use a ramp, roof, or whatever other way you can find and drop right in. lol.

Top Bottom