• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

When I found two trophies he says "I'm not giving you any credit because I wasn't done with the riddle." Or "Cheater. I wasn't finished yet."

I'm sure it's just a joke.

On another note. Who actually did cheat using the batmobile on those militia checkpoints? Some of them allow you to use a ramp, roof, or whatever other way you can find and drop right in. lol.
I don't consider it cheating, just a creative use of tools, heh.

When I found two trophies he says "I'm not giving you any credit because I wasn't done with the riddle." Or "Cheater. I wasn't finished yet."

I'm sure it's just a joke.

On another note. Who actually did cheat using the batmobile on those militia checkpoints? Some of them allow you to use a ramp, roof, or whatever other way you can find and drop right in. lol.

Oh, okay. Yeah, those are just him being angry.

And the militia checkpoints have a lot of different ways they can be tackled. It's why I want those to become challenge maps in and of themselves — clearing some of those without the Batmobile or without gadgets is a real challenge.

On Demand

Banned
I don't consider it cheating, just a creative use of tools, heh.

I was surprised I was able to do that. Like let me try this path, I doubt it's going to wor- oh really wow.

Big grin.

Oh, okay. Yeah, those are just him being angry.

And the militia checkpoints have a lot of different ways they can be tackled. It's why I want those to become challenge maps in and of themselves — clearing some of those without the Batmobile or without gadgets is a real challenge.

The one under the Botanical Garden was the hardest for me. It had two sentry tanks and I think 10 militia guys all with guns. I looked around in frustration and saw a ledge above and flew the batmobile right in.

SJRB

Gold Member
Good lord at that 3rd lap in the last riddler race. I'm about to punch a hole in my TV so will take a break. Fuck!!

Yup, rather infuriating indeed. I almost ragequit but I didn't want to give that smug bastard the satisfaction.

I haven't gotten 100% on the riddles stuff and probably never will, but I hope Batman just straight up kills The Riddler at the end for the shit he made him go through.

BouncyFrag

Yup, rather infuriating indeed. I almost ragequit but I didn't want to give that smug bastard the satisfaction.

I haven't gotten 100% on the riddles stuff and probably never will, but I hope Batman just straight up kills The Riddler at the end for the shit he made him go through.
Agreed!!

*Shrug* I didn't have a ton of issues with the Riddler tracks, as stupid and nonsensical as they are.

The one under the Botanical Garden was the hardest for me. It had two sentry tanks and I think 10 militia guys all with guns. I looked around in frustration and saw a ledge above and flew the batmobile right in.

That's how I did that one and another one where I could use steps as a ramp.

When I get to a second play through that stuff will be a lot easier with the disruptor which I unlocked not too long after the Botanical Gardens one.

SJRB

Gold Member
*Shrug* I didn't have a ton of issues with the Riddler tracks, as stupid and nonsensical as they are.

That's how I did that one and another one where I could use steps as a ramp.

When I get to a second play through that stuff will be a lot easier with the disruptor which I unlocked not too long after the Botanical Gardens one.

Some of those are definately designed to get the Batmobile to take them out. Others rely on you sabotaging the main cannons so that firing makes them explode and insta-take out everyone.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So I decided that I stay and want to hunt down all the Riddlerthrophys.
Most of them so far are very easy, I will first clear the islands with easy pick up thophys and the easier riddles, then clear the dungeons and then go back and make the races and more difficult Batmobil Throphys.
Only 90 left, I am motivated!

But I am happy that I can finish the game, spend one month on a game that I didnt enjoyed that much and about which I was very vocal in the beginning. But hey, it still hitted a nerve, I ordered tons of Batman books since Ive started Arkham Knight^^

GeoGonzo

Good lord at that 3rd lap in the last riddler race. I'm about to punch a hole in my TV so will take a break. Fuck!!
Different people having different experiences but its funny how for me that was clearly the easiest race.
Hands down the thing that killed me the most during those races was ME, using the Riddler wall switch too early or too late. When on the last race he went "Well, I'M taking control now!" I said "Oh thanks dude, because I'm kind of bad with it and now I can just focus on driving"

Paganmoon

It's by design. Specially the ones with the big turrets, some even have a gate you can lower with remote hacking tool to get the batmobile inside.

Apparently, it's much easier in first person view. Haven't tried it myself, but it seems to be the consensus here.

It's by design. Specially the ones with the big turrets, some even have a gate you can lower with remote hacking tool to get the batmobile inside.

Apparently, it's much easier in first person view. Haven't tried it myself, but it seems to be the consensus here.

Yeah, either using the Batmobile or the disruptor makes those easier, though my first tie through, there was only one on Founders island that required it (unless you wait for the disruptor to recharge at least once). There's one on Founders below ground that I managed to do without either though. It only had the smaller, slowly-spinning turrets — had to blind them one at a time while taking guys out, which only cements my opinion that there should be AR challenges or a mode just for those.

And first-person does make it easier. I crashed/blew up a few times, but respawning allowed me to beat those on the first try each. If it weren't for that, those would be a lot more harrowing.

Anyone else prefer the New 52 Skins for Robin and Nightwing?

I just prefer that Robin has hair, but it looks like it's just a solid mold as opposed to dynamic hair. I never liked the way his buzzcut looked in the Arkham games, but the New 52 version's looks strange.

It really is. I haven't had any problems with the Batmobile for the most part until i did the last Riddler race and the
tunnel drill
boss, both of which had me raging hard. Especially the U-turn on the wall in the last lap of the Riddler race, i just kept sliding down into the water in third person. Looked online for help, read about using first person view and beat it on my next attempt easily. After that i used first person view on the AR races and on NG+ and aced everything on my first try. Obviously it can be done in third person as well, but personally i struggled every time i had to drive on a wall while avoiding obstacles, only to have no problems at all doing the same in first person.

Paganmoon

It really is. I haven't had any problems with the Batmobile for the most part until i did the last Riddler race and the
tunnel drill
boss, both of which had me raging hard. Especially the U-turn on the wall in the last lap of the Riddler race, i just kept sliding down into the water in third person. Looked online for help, read about using first person view and beat it on my next attempt easily. After that i used first person view on the AR races and on NG+ and aced everything on my first try. Obviously it can be done in third person as well, but personally i struggled every time i had to drive on a wall while avoiding obstacles, only to have no problems at all doing the same in first person.

makes me just a tiny bit proud that I managed them in third person :) I would've definitely done them in first person if I'd read the tip before though

Mr. Sam

I actually didn't find the Riddler racing too challenging. It took me a few retries, yeah, but it was easy enough once I had it figured out.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I actually didn't find the Riddler racing too challenging. It took me a few retries, yeah, but it was easy enough once I had it figured out.

Same here. I encountered a couple of them who will be a pain in the ass/where I will need another minute to think about, most of them are pretty selfexplaining.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
So about the ending
You take Scarecrow out that's it? No boss fight? I need all the sidequests to unlock the Nightfall protocol?

I just prefer that Robin has hair, but it looks like it's just a solid mold as opposed to dynamic hair. I never liked the way his buzzcut looked in the Arkham games, but the New 52 version's looks strange.
I've yet to encounter Robin in-game with the skin activated, I guess we'll see when I get there in my New Game+. I've also never liked the buzzcut look Rocksteady gave Tim, I don't think I've ever seen anybody say that they like it. Too bad because the costume itself is fine. I think Nightwing's new outfit is way too busy though, the mask being connected to suit at the neck just looks silly, and the logo on his best just looks like a big dumb blue V without the little pointy bits that are supposed to be there.

Robin I can give or take but I'm not a fan of AK Nightwing's weird mask thing. New 52 Nightwing is much, much better.
Agreed, the mask is the most offensive part of the new design.

Anyone else prefer the New 52 Skins for Robin and Nightwing?
For Robin: yes. Hate the shaved head look for him.
For Nightwing: I did, until I noticed the thong.

C3WmwxO.jpg

Gurish

I've completed 95% of the main campaign, I'm at the point where
Scarecrow tells me to meet him and be prepared to take the mask off after he kidnapped Robin as well
, Is this they point where I should concentrate into solving all of the Riddler stuff and do the rest of the side content in order to get the best ending like some of you suggested?

Cindro

Stagg Airships down, but then I moved on to the Big Game Hunter AR challenge.

Which can die in the hottest fires of Hades. Two hours gone, still didn't beat it.

Do I really care THAT much about the Absolution achievement? No, no I don't. *goes to try again*

I just finished the scenes with
Harley & Robin. Is there an outcome where Robin doesn't go into the cell at the end? I noticed there was an option to have Batman enter the cell, but I chose to hit the counter button and push in Robin instead.
That entire scenario was quite enjoyable. I wish that sort of teamwork wasn't limited to these isolated incidents.

I've completed 95% of the main campaign, I'm at the point where
Scarecrow tells me to meet him and be prepared to take the mask off after he kidnapped Robin as well
, Is this they point where I should concentrate into solving all of the Riddler stuff and do the rest of the side content in order to get the best ending like some of you suggested?

No. There's something you have the choice to do after the encounter you just mentioned in order to initiate the ending. You can go ahead and go there right now. After that, you can initiate the ending (you'll know what it is I'm referring to once you get there).

If you're planning on getting 100%, you may as well get 100% before initiating the ending. The ending is cutscene #1 and the epilogue is cutscene #2.

If you get #1 without 100%, the game reverts back to before that cutscene if you return to playing the game. IF you don't want to get 100%, then you can just watch the cutscenees on Youtube since you won't miss out on anything gameplay-wise.

Harley & Robin. Is there an outcome where Robin doesn't go into the cell at the end? I noticed there was an option to have Batman enter the cell, but I chose to hit the counter button and push in Robin instead.
That entire scenario was quite enjoyable. I wish that sort of teamwork wasn't limited to these isolated incidents.

No.
It just loops, iirc. I threw him in the first chance I got.

Paganmoon

I entered
, got some Joker time, then I could walk out of the cell, and Robin asking me to enter again (as if Batman had only imagined entering) so I believe that loops intill you counter

Gurish

No. There's something you have the choice to do after the encounter you just mentioned in order to initiate the ending. You can go ahead and go there right now. After that, you can initiate the ending (you'll know what it is I'm referring to once you get there).

If you're planning on getting 100%, you may as well get 100% before initiating the ending. The ending is cutscene #1 and the epilogue is cutscene #2.

If you get #1 without 100%, the game reverts back to before that cutscene if you return to playing the game. IF you don't want to get 100%, then you can just watch the cutscenees on Youtube since you won't miss out on anything gameplay-wise.

No.
It just loops, iirc. I threw him in the first chance I got.
OK I just did what you said and confronted him that was crazy :O
Now
it seems that I have to do 100% anyway in order to activate the Knight Fall protocol, it's not like I have a choice, I can't initiate the ending before i 100%

OK I just did what you said and confronted him that was crazy :O
Now
it seems that I have to do 100% anyway in order to activate the Knight Fall protocol, it's not like I have a choice, I can't initiate the ending before i 100%

And that's a possibility, seemingly a glitch. Do you see a prompt when you open the mission select wheel?

I need to hurry up and test it out to see (I've only ever done all the missions before doing it), but I've heard if you do too many, you'll have to do them all before initiating the protocol. Not sure why that's a possibility or whether it was intentional.

I've also never liked the buzzcut look Rocksteady gave Tim, I don't think I've ever seen anybody say that they like it.

I think Nightwing's new outfit is way too busy though... the mask is the most offensive part of the new design.

I like Tim's look in this :) Differentiates him from the other Robins. He looks better than Nightwing does.

Agreed about Nightwing's mask. Looks bad, makes the whole head look funny.

For Robin: yes. Hate the shaved head look for him.
For Nightwing: I did, until I noticed the thong.
That's hot.

I like Tim's look in this :) Differentiates him from the other Robins. He looks better than Nightwing does.

Agreed about Nightwing's mask. Looks bad, makes the whole head look funny.
Well, there's a first for everything!

Nightwing's mask really is the worst part about the new costume.

Can't believe I didn't notice
Ace's food bowl
in Wayne Tower until now.

Nightwing's mask really is the worst part about the new costume.

It's really weird. I thought it was odd, but didn't mind it until I notice his ears stick out of it, completely bare. So weird. Otherwise, it's fine, though the blue part looks too separate from the suit. Arkham City's suit was fine and a more "armored" version of that would've been great.

So just curious in Azreal's questline
What happens if you decide to kill Batman in the last mission. Does Batman just auto counters and throws him in gcpd

dankir

So I just played through the Harley "mission"......

PzrVNq0.jpg

I bought the game at Costco so I got the code for free, but is that what the other episodes are like? I want to play everything game has to offer but the season pass is 40 bucks. I hope the Batgirl episode is bit more meaty and hopefully the other DLC episodes are better.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ok this riddle is making me crazy. WTF

I can get two of the lights to appear, but immediately after the second one lights up the next ball goes right in the gutter. What am I missing?

Tried this one a couple of times and decided to go to next ones. I have the feeling that I will spend quiete a long time on this one, too :D

So just curious in Azreal's questline
What happens if you decide to kill Batman in the last mission. Does Batman just auto counters and throws him in gcpd

He does what you say

GeoGonzo

I can get two of the lights to appear, but immediately after the second one lights up the next ball goes right in the gutter. What am I missing?
Each switch allows a ball to drop to the next ramp instead of falling out of the maze. Unless I'm confusing it with a different riddle what you need to do is
reach the bottom with two balls. So keep opening trapdoors for both balls, not letting either of them fall out.

Paganmoon

So I just played through the Harley "mission"......

PzrVNq0.jpg

I bought the game at Costco so I got the code for free, but is that what the other episodes are like? I want to play everything game has to offer but the season pass is 40 bucks. I hope the Batgirl episode is bit more meaty and hopefully the other DLC episodes are better.

Batgirl is a bit more meaty, has a more open design, but is still pretty small and short. Bought it standalone, not worth the season pass imo.

And I liked both Harley and Batgirl storypacks, fun and short.

Dalek

Ok finally finished with 100% knight fall protocol. I liked it a lot- a good ending to the trilogy. I think my feelings match everything that's been said so far-Batmobile segments and riddler trophies kind of ruined the fun.

But I always loved the team-up sections and the team up moves. It was always fun to hit those.

Also I think this is the best looking game I've ever played. The attention to detail is incredible.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I wasn't a fan of the overuse of the batmobile, but after I played Watch Dogs I will never criticize the batmobile again! Man did vehicle handling in that game suck so much ass.

Dalek

Tried this one a couple of times and decided to go to next ones. I have the feeling that I will spend quiete a long time on this one, too :D

Protip: I was using the Batarangs at first an failed. Got in the Batmobile and blasted these so that two were falling at the same time.

Alpende

You need to keep firing for both balls and not wait until one goes in the final gutter. It's kind annoying though, I had the luck that one ball kind of got stuck at the very beginning, the second ball spawned and I could let both of them roll through the gates with one shot.

RDreamer

I'm still not sure I've ever had such a simultaneous love/hate relationship with any game like I do this one. It does so many good things and so many bad things. I think it's biggest problem is that it tries to do way too many things.

I'm still not sure I've ever had such a simultaneous love/hate relationship with any game like I do this one. It does so many good things and so many bad things. I think it's biggest problem is that it tries to do way too many things.

How so? What's good/bad, and in what's the threshold for doing too many things? If, say, the controls suffered because of there being too many systems in the game, then there'd be too many things going on, but the controls really work well, full stop.

Speaking of, I recently discovered you can call the Batmobile during a fist fight and have it stop nearby (without hopping straight into it, though you can do that too). Being able to do have that choice while still having access to everything you could do in past games is mildly stunning.

I also had two moments where I 1) called the Batmobile to stop nearby during a fight while doing a throw counter on a guy, kicked him and he flew into the still moving Batmobile, shocking him into unconsciousness and 2) I called the car, it hit another car and sent it skidding toward me while I was attacking and Batman flipped over it then hit the guy I was aiming for. Makes me wish I knew how to reinstall Shadowplay to get it working.

RDreamer

How so? What's good/bad, and in what's the threshold for doing too many things? If, say, the controls suffered because of there being too many systems in the game, then there'd be too many things going on, but the controls really work well, full stop.

The game's a fucking mess if it's been a while since playing another Arkham game. The difficulty/gameplay curve isn't so much a curve as it is a roller coaster of fuckery. The controls do not work full stop. Maybe if you have a lot of the other game's knowledge under your belt, but if you jumped in here after a few years between playing other ones it's crazy how little they explain. Right off the bat they're throwing new shit at you. There's no ramp up in the beginning getting you refreshed with things. They just assume you know literally every crazy ass control from the last game, and I fucking don't.

There are times when the bat mobile and tank stuff is ok, but I just get so fucking annoyed at its overuse. I want to play a Batman game sometimes, but I just have to sigh to myself as it throws another goddamned bat mobile sequence at me. And when I do get to play actual batman stuff, they throw this crazy clusterfuck of enemies at me. Because it's open world the difficulty is up and down and all over the goddamned place, like a two year old on a fucking sugar high. I just happened upon a big group with some new goddamned mechanic yesterday before I was introduced it in the story, for instance.

There's just too many goddamned mechanics, really. I feel like there was no one in the development team that could tell people no. Every single idea was approved, it seems, with no actual concept of gameplay flow and focus.

There really aren't any good bosses in the game at all.

The side quests are shitty copy pastes after the first goddamned time you do them.

I want to punch riddler in the dick.

I hate whatever asshole decided to pull the camera a mile back during certain bat mobile sequences.

Top Bottom