• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Oh god, I still have so many riddles and I havent even found everyone to interrogate so I'm missing "hidden" Riddler stuff around the maps. Only found 72 collectibles. SO AWFUL!

When's the next season pass content coming and what is it? I want the Red Hood stuff.

spidye

Thankfully I am done with this game. I've done everything but the trophies and the true ending

more furstating than fun experience and I will defintiely put this disc away deep into the shelve. what a bad to end a great franchise.

No, at least if you don't encounter the glitch. Normally, you only need 7the to get the Knightfall ending. The epilogue is for 100 percent.

Also: why are some people doing Riddler stuff if they hate it?
Seriously. I know that for me it's because I have OCD (Obsessive Completion Disorder), but I didn't HATE it

Epcott

No, at least if you don't encounter the glitch. Normally, you only need 7the to get the Knightfall ending. The epilogue is for 100 percent.

Not sure about everyone else, but I only do it to see the true ending without giving up and resorting to youtube. What do you mean by "7th to get the Knightfall ending"?

Not sure about everyone else, but I only do it to see the true ending without giving up and resorting to youtube. What do you mean by "7th to get the Knightfall ending"?

Completing 7 most wanted missions is the minimum requirement to start the Knightfall Protocol. You need all 14 for the epilogue.

And i'm seriously baffled at all the Riddler trophy hate in the thread, AC and AK Riddler trophies is collectibles done right. First of all, their locations can be revealed easily via gameplay, so it's not an Assassin's Creed feathers or GTA IV pigeons situation, where you have to hump every last bit of geometry to find them, and second, many of them require you to think about the solution, use your navigational skills to get to them, or sometimes both, which feels much more rewarding than just having them lie around. Granted, they could do with removing some of the redundant ones in AC and AK, but the more inventive ones make up for those easily. How were they more fun in AA? The actual trophies didn't require any skill or thinking at all, it was just a question of having the corresponding gadget unlocked to tear down a wall or cross a gap to get to them. As for the Riddler races, i admit at first a couple of them pissed me off as well because i was trying to rush through them, but it has been said so many times, they are so incredibly easy in first person mode that it's a total non issue.

KevinCow

Banned

There are people on this board who will refuse to play a game if they don't think they'll be able to get all of the achievements. These are probably the same people who will force themselves to get all the achievements in a game, then complain that they hated the game because the achievements weren't fun to get.

People are just weird.

I haven't beaten the game but I feel as though I've gotten through a decent chunk of the main campaign so I've got to post some thoughts.

-I've just completed the tank section vs Arkham Knight and.....I HATE HATE HATE the tank battles and all variations of it with a passion. I didn't like it when they first announced and playing through this game has done nothing but affirm my opinion on the matter. It thematically just doesn't make any goddamn sense with batman and is just overall annoying to play through. The worst is that they always seem to magically spawn tanks behind you no matter where you are positioned. And don't get me started about the cobra tanks...nothing more frustrating than waiting for the goddamn missile to lock on only to have the cobra tank to make a sharp turn or have the turret swing around at the last minute. If there is ever another Batman game, please don't put in the stupid tank battles. I would've rather had more batmobile chase or be chased missions than battling through (drones- and who the fuck is bankrolling all these tank drones? What a big fucking waste of money).

-Really enjoying the rest of the game though. I have very little complaints about the on foot batman stuff. Presentation is top notch. I feel like the predator stuff is a bit more interesting as well and the tag team fighting/sneaking is awesome. The scarecrow sounding exactly like Hugo Strange in AC always throws me off (I dunno why they used the same voice actor or had their voices sound so similar).

Red Hood

Banned
lol

up your ass rocksteady

image.php

I-I've just completed the tank section vs Arkham Knight and.....I HATE HATE HATE the tank battles and all variations of it with a passion. I didn't like it when they first announced and playing through this game has done nothing but affirm my opinion on the matter. It thematically just doesn't make any goddamn sense with batman and is just overall annoying to play through. The worst is that they always seem to magically spawn tanks behind you no matter where you are positioned. And don't get me started about the cobra tanks...nothing more frustrating than waiting for the goddamn missile to lock on only to have the cobra tank to make a sharp turn or have the turret swing around at the last minute. If there is ever another Batman game, please don't put in the stupid tank battles. I would've rather had more batmobile chase or be chased missions than battling through (drones- and who the fuck is bankrolling all these tank drones? What a big fucking waste of money)...

obviously, it's just the militarization of u.s. police forces finally catching up to batman: 'fighting crime's so 'yesterday' - where's my damn tank, alfred?' :) ...

So I wanted to grab the last riddler trophy but it didn't work. You have to buy the multi-takedown x5 (13 points total, I only have x3) to kill 5 robots in 5 seconds. I didn't buy it because I didn't need it n SP. I've done all side quests, so I won't get new XP. Now I'm forced to do the shit AR missions for XP.

Fuck this game, seriously.

So I wanted to grab the last riddler trophy but it didn't work. You have to buy the multi-takedown x5 (13 points total, I only have x3) to kill 5 robots in 5 seconds. I didn't buy it because I didn't need it n SP. I've done all side quests, so I won't get new XP. Now I'm forced to do the shit AR missions for XP.

Fuck this game, seriously.

Maybe you should play something else for a while if the game constantly riles you up like this.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I had really fun to collect all trophies in AA and AC but in this game? It's shit, it's horrible.
Races? Follow trails? Guide robots? Wtf? Boring crap.

Seriously fuck those trophy races. You can't even retry, you have to go all the way back to the beginning. I'm done with Rocksteady after this game. I'm glad they're not making another Batman game. It's time for WB Montreal.

Why don't you just stop playing if you are not having fun?

Cindro

~50 riddles left. Just started my trek to complete the Stag Airship riddles - horrible. I want to just black out and wake up having found all of these Airship ones during some sort of unconscious stupor.

At the very end of the game, so far I liked it and the batmobile sections weren't that bad.

I'll have 82% of the game done, which is more than enough for me. I was going to attempt every single riddler challenge but after seeing all the replies here? No way.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Just beat it finally. Final score of 8/10. Why not more?

-Having to grind trophies for the true ending is a chore
-Batmobile brake system needs work
-Worst boss fights of the whole series
-Arkham Knight's story needs work. The last you see of him is lame. I know he helps Batman but it would have been nice to see a last cutscene with him

Agree? Disagree?

Agree, maybe a 7.5, you forgot relative melee and car combat.

jediyoshi

~50 riddles left. Just started my trek to complete the Stag Airship riddles - horrible. I want to just black out and wake up having found all of these Airship ones during some sort of unconscious stupor.

Because they're so easy? I'd rather the rest of the game followed suit. Easy trophies + tiny area = quickest section to clear out

HardRojo

Doing the Riddler stuff is tradition for me. I enjoyed doing them this time too but I can see why some people don't like the idea if having the true ending locked behind such a time-consuming task.

Doing the Riddler stuff is tradition for me. I enjoyed doing them this time too but I can see why some people don't like the idea if having the true ending locked behind such a time-consuming task.

I always liked the riddler stuff.
The inddor trophies are still great but everything outside (open world) is just boring and...tedious.

Epcott

Completing 7 most wanted missions is the minimum requirement to start the Knightfall Protocol. You need all 14 for the epilogue.

Heh, I went to the mission select screen and sure enough, it said "Press square to initiate Knightfall." Thank goodness.

Guess I'll save the riddler fun for a dry spell in a year. Thanks guys.

I 100% Arkham city and enjoyed it but it just doesn't feel the same for knight. It feels a lot more tedious. Enjoyed the main campaign but felt that the side villains were rushed compared to previous games.

Probably trade it in and then just replay when it comes to PS+ or something.

Smokey

Question for Combo Master Challenge:

What causes the simulation to "end"? I am trying to land 50 hit combo which doesn't seem to difficult, but for reasons I'm not sure of it will "end" and I get some really low score. What triggers this?

Megatron

I 100% Arkham city and enjoyed it but it just doesn't feel the same for knight. It feels a lot more tedious. Enjoyed the main campaign but felt that the side villains were rushed compared to previous games.

Probably trade it in and then just replay when it comes to PS+ or something.

That's what I did. Gamestop was giving $61 for it last week. I cashed in on that.

I like how "beat game on extreme or get all collectibles to get secret ending" has been done a billion times in games but internet acts like Rocksteady were the first to do it.

The Riddler collectibles are hardly a grind. I would rate it a 2/10 in difficulty and time it takes to get it done.

T.O.P

Banned
I'm absolutely adoring this game so far

How far am i into the main story? i just
helped Ivy free the big ass tree

KevinCow

Banned
I'm absolutely adoring this game so far

How far am i into the main story? i just
helped Ivy free the big ass tree

Not very far.

If you open up the mission wheel (d-pad right) and point at the bottom, it should show you a percentage of how much each mission, including the main story, is done. That should give you a more accurate answer than I can.

Smokey

Question for Combo Master Challenge:

What causes the simulation to "end"? I am trying to land 50 hit combo which doesn't seem too difficult at all, but for reasons I'm not sure of the simulation will "end" and I get some really low score. What triggers this?

Anybody?

HeeHo

^--- Talking about the AR challenge? It stops if you get hit or you counter at the wrong time or take too long to hit someone in the mean time.

Bliddo

The story really picks up in the last third of the game, I loved the set pieces and
Batman's mental breakdown
. Really an astonishing level of detail. There are quirks here and there that could've been ironed out, but the game is great.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Sooo... Regarding the end...
Why was Batman in the end immun to the fear toxin? Because of Jokers Blood?

Hm, a little bit disappointed...not the great send-of I expected... But I still have to initiate Knightfall protocol...

Game was a bit disappointing. I expected more side villains than what they had.

Finished all the riddles and found them all to be pretty easy, and well, boring.

Really "meh" on this game being the send off. I still feel like Arkham Asylum was the best out of them all.

Alpende

Sooo... Regarding the end...
Why was Batman in the end immun to the fear toxin? Because of Jokers Blood?

Hm, a little bit disappointed...not the great send-of I expected... But I still have to initiate Knightfall protocol...

I understood is as Batman banishing imaginary Joker from his mind and by doing that he had no more fear of Joker or other stuff(?) and because of that the fear toxin had no effect anymore.

Reule

Game was a bit disappointing. I expected more side villains than what they had.

Finished all the riddles and found them all to be pretty easy, and well, boring.

Really "meh" on this game being the send off. I still feel like Arkham Asylum was the best out of them all.
Supposedly the Season of Infamy will have a good amount of villains represented. Problem is that it's DLC. I could've done without one of the militia side missions for another Batman villain one.

Top Bottom