• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Photo Mode is seriously great. Someone needs to get a Photo Mode OT going for it (Shouldn't be an issue considering most other high profile games got separate OTs specifically for Photo Mode)

I don't understand how people are getting the skin. It's just unlocking for some people but not others? What a horrible idea...

I made a post on the forums earlier today on mobile, and by the time I got hope a little over an hour ago, I booted up the game, checked the WBPlay Menu and was able to claim the skin. Probably had to do with the fact that a lot of people were logging on at the same time to claim the code, and WBPlay tends to go down temporarily on occasion anyway.

How do you g
et past the two sentries in the hallway on the airship after getting the special cloudburst battery from Stagg?
Feel like I've tried everything.

Oops I guess I went the wrong way. Dumb.

Heads up to EU folk with the season pass, the Batman Beyond and DKR skins are up on PSN.

Guessing other countries will follow suit tonight.

Edit: The Red Hood, Prototype Batmobile and First Appearance Batman preorder DLC are also up for EU SP holders, apparently.

neoism

awwwww yisss at 96% just one more riddle left and 3 bosses.... first time in any batman game where i found all the riddlers stuff... cant wait to fuck him up....

looved this game... soo good glad the Batmobile was awesome... dont understand the hate..

Paganmoon

awwwww yisss at 96% just one more riddle left and 3 bosses.... first time in any batman game where i found all the riddlers stuff... cant wait to fuck him up....

looved this game... soo good glad the Batmobile was awesome... dont understand the hate..

Feel the same, really enjoyed my time with the game, and first batman game I've done 100%.

Only problem I had with the batmobile was the Cobra fights, those became a chore.

But so far this year, this is my potential GotY, and I'm really surprised about the poor reception it's gotten here.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Can anyone confirm that the Batman 1989 Skins and Batmobile are usable throughout the entire game? Or just in segments designed for the DLC?

I love Photo Mode.
CLhDTu4WsAAS1iG.jpg:large

Can't wait until it's patched into the PC version, though.

I'm finally going to finish the game tonight, I stopped right before the
The GCPD Siege
. Any tips for attacking that last tank battle?

I love Photo Mode.

Can't wait until it's patched into the PC version, though.

There's a mod that allows free-cam. I think a GAFer made it.

I'm finally going to finish the game tonight, I stopped right before the
The GCPD Siege
. Any tips for attacking that last tank battle?

• Go into the alley next to the building (to your left when you exit
    the garage
    ). You can funnel enemies into there and attack them from one direction.
  • Make sure you're hitting the tanks
    marked/hacked by Oracle
    for extra EMP effect.
  • If you have points left, use them on armor upgrades if you're about to die, since they refill health.
  • Get/use the double dodge.
  • Spam missiles or use the drone hack periodically.

Reule

I quite like the Zurr-En-Arrh skin. The patchwork stitches on the costume and the cowl are cool. The cape is ripped up in places so it looks wicked. I'll probably change before I finish NG+ (which would've been sooner but couldn't play much last week) because it does look a little crazy in some cut scenes.

By the way, there is a new glitch introduced in the last patch. It deals with total completion. If you load up a 100% completed save, you'll have a message from
Alfred about initiating Knightfall Protocol again. Marker will lead back to the Bat Signal but you'll be unable to interact with it. Not sure if this is a glitch or if they just wanted to make it clear that free roam after total completion is set before activating Knightfall Protocol.
I don't know!

Came across a statue of a guy holding a book (coordinates 1951, 2378) with a nameplate reading "Robert Holehouse." Turns out the guy's an environment artist at Rocksteady Studios.

Neat. Not sure how that played out though. Maybe he won an office lottery to be put in the game somewhere.

GeoGonzo

Came across a statue of a guy holding a book (coordinates 1951, 2378) with a nameplate reading "Robert Holehouse." Turns out the guy's an environment artist at Rocksteady Studios.

Neat. Not sure how that played out though. Maybe he won an office lottery to be put in the game somewhere.

Maybe he did it himself because "fuck it, I'm an enviromental artist" ;)

I always assumed the victims of Pyg were random people from Rocksteady. No confirmation of that, though.

Also, thanks for the tips for that last tank battle. I managed to beat it in one shot with no hang ups. I actually had more trouble on the rooftop. I can't stand any of the enemies with electricity.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Played through the Red Hood dlc yesterday... That was really bad, even a few notches below Harley. They didn't even connect the 3 scenarios you have to play through, it's fight *load* predator *load* fight. No effort put in this at all. For me that's 0/3 on the current sp packs released. I really hope the bigger (?) expansions coming later are going to turn this around.

I really love the Batman Beyond skin, EXCEPT for the weird mouth visor thing. I understand what they were going for ("how do we make the Beyond suit look believable?"), but I think they could have come up with something better for the mouth. Hell, just painting the bottom half of his face black would have looked better IMO.

Reule

Just had a weird glitch in the GCPD parking garage. Booted game up, went to leave and the first shutter wouldn't open. Restarted checkpoint and it took forever to load. Once it did load, shutter open fine. I play through the game some more and decide to head back to talk to some people in the GCPD building. Same shutter won't open.

I turned the game off for now but hopefully it opens when I play again. :|

Edit: It's all good now. Also, I now have the platinum! Whooo!

Reule

Is anyone's Red Hood DLC percentage wrong in-game? I completed it 100% weeks ago but I checked today and it said 95%. I read on Reddit that the percentage went screwy after the update with A Matter of Family.

delSai

Guys i need some help, i think i fucked up my save file.
I started NG+, played a bit and then went into the other "non NG" Story to check the Photo Mode, now everytime i return into NG+ i have my 100% and i'm stuck right before
Knightfall
so i cant continue New Game Plus. I tried the Backup Saves but it didnt help.

Short version: Starting NG+ gets me into my other file that already has 100% and isn't a Knightmare Playthrough.

Anyway to fix it, or do i have to play thru the game again before i can finally get the last trophy?

This guy has the same problem.

Lima

Is anyone's Red Hood DLC percentage wrong in-game? I completed it 100% weeks ago but I checked today and it said 95%. I read on Reddit that the percentage went screwy after the update with A Matter of Family.

Yeah it was actually at 100% for me already before I even played it.

Reule

Yeah it was actually at 100% for me already before I even played it.
It was so short, they wanted to save you the ten minutes. :p

I'll probably run through it again to show my girlfriend so maybe it'll fix itself after having another go. I actually enjoyed Red Hood's combat style. His takedowns/executions are pretty awesome. I'm looking forward to hopefully using him in an actual challenge map for grade.

Another percentage question! This time for those who have the platinum and have 100% completed Harley, Red Hood, and Scarecrow's Missions only. What overall trophy percentage are you at? 86%? Just curious because I was at 86% prior to getting the final trophy I needed plus the platinum and while I have both it's still 86%. I'm guessing that's because they added that single trophy for the 1989 Movie Pack.

jdw_b

Bought a PS4 last week and have been playing this non-stop since. Completed the main story last night.

I haven't played any of the Arkham games so this was my first and I absolutely loved it. A couple of minor irritations here and there, mainly too many tank battles, but overall this was the first game in a while that pushed me to keep playing to the finish.

Gameplay was varied enough to keep it from becoming too repetitive I think...especially that
Joker segment
near the end.

Will push on to complete the rest of the side missions now, although going by some posts here the Riddler stuff sounds like it'll be a bit of a grind so I might bail on that

Stat!

Ive done all the side missions except the Riddler trophies. is there any thing besides difficulty in terms of new game plus? Im almost done main story line but debating on finishing Riddler trophies first (have 200 to do or so)

Ive done all the side missions except the Riddler trophies. is there any thing besides difficulty in terms of new game plus? Im almost done main story line but debating on finishing Riddler trophies first (have 200 to do or so)

No

The only thing completing side-missions gets you are the ending cutscenes to those missions and the post-game prologue cutscenes.

Golgo 13

Actually, there's a pretty cool boss fight for getting all the Riddler trophies, one of the best in the game to be frank, sad they hid it behind all those trophies most people will never collect.

Stat!

Actually, there's a pretty cool boss fight for getting all the Riddler trophies, one of the best in the game to be frank, sad they hid it behind all those trophies most people will never collect.

Not going to lie, I probably won't be getting the riddler trophies. They are way too many and way too cumbersome. Just incredibly boring after somewhat enjoyable (except the batmobile parts) of the initial Riddler sidemission.

Not going to lie, I probably won't be getting the riddler trophies. They are way too many and way too cumbersome. Just incredibly boring after somewhat enjoyable (except the batmobile parts) of the initial Riddler sidemission.

They can be enjoyable when there are puzzles tied to them, but they can also be really boring, just sitting somewhere.

It may seem obvious, but you really shouldn't do any side content that you don't want to. You don't unlock anything for getting 100%, or even the
Knightfall
ending.

Stat!

They can be enjoyable when there are puzzles tied to them, but they can also be really boring, just sitting somewhere.

It may seem obvious, but you really shouldn't do any side content that you don't want to. You don't unlock anything for getting 100%, or even the
Knightfall
ending.

I've done every side mission aside from Riddler trophies. I thought one of the endings was tied to the 100%?

can someone without spoiling just tell me which is the true ending and what I need to achieve it? :(

I've done every side mission aside from Riddler trophies. I thought one of the endings was tied to the 100%?

can someone without spoiling just tell me which is the true ending and what I need to achieve it? :(

There's the ending after the final "main story" mission (#1, up on the mission wheel). Then there's an extra ending (#2, just a cutscene) for capturing half the side-mission villains (you get a prompt to activate it when looking at the mission wheel). Then with 100% (all side-mission villains, which means all Riddler stuff), you'll get the prologue (#3, also just a cutscene).

After #1, you go back to playing in the city. After initiating #2, the game will revert to before the #2 ending if you return to it. #3 just plays if you initiate #2 after getting 100%. #2 and #3 are just cutscenes and there's no other consequence.

The way it's supposed to work is once you have like half of the side-mission villains left to capture, you could then initiate #2 ending. However, it's seemingly random for a lot of people as I've been able to initiate it with only seven, but some people needed to get them all. Not sure whether it's broken or what, but just keep that in mind.

Again, you only miss out on cutscenes and extra dialogue with captured villains (or between villains in the GCPD) if you don't initiate ending #2 or #3.

Golgo 13

I feel you. I just used IGN's guide and it wasn't so bad at all. But yeah, never did it in the other games because it seemed like needless tedium.

So, I finally got to the part where I learned the Arkham Knight's identity.

Jason Todd? Really? What happened about Rocksteady promising that it would be a brand new character, as opposed to Red Hood simply wearing another mask over his hood? What a downer.

At least it's a decent boss fight.

This does lend credence to a certain theory about Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice, though. I'm even more convinced that
the Joker in that movie is Jason Todd, since I don't think it's a coincidence that both he and the Arkham Knight have a "J" branded/tattooed on his left cheek.

Top Bottom