• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

I'm gonna stop home during lunch and start all the installs so when I get home from work I can just sit down and play. This day will feel so long.

Walpurgis

Banned
Another tip that worked on the PS3 was doing an internet connection test under settings > network.

The gifs in the OP are so hype. It's making it hard for me to wait for the GotY edition that they'll probably release around January. I guess it's a good thing that I am broke. :p

Hagi

Such a shame you can't refund Steam Wallet credit to your debit card, going to have to wait till I get paid to get the PS4 version now. What a mess.

Fliesen

CPKil52.jpg

we're good, can't wait. till i get off work.

neoism

baaababbahhhh that fucking update file is DLin fast a shit now 12 mins... smh

lol everyone in the world must have been DL it last night :p

Vaga

I can confirm manual setting the dns to google ones 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 will improve the download speed. It somehow bypasses the stupid psn throttling.

Walpurgis

Banned
so yeah i just checked my receipt and didnt get the red hood missions...
damnt it gamestop....

I had that happen to me with my Battlefield 3 preorder (mailed). I went there in person with my receipt and everything and told them that my damn shotgun was missing. The guy at the desk had a stack of cards with shotgun codes and just handed it to me before I could show him my receipt. If anyone else wants, they could go there without a receipt and give it a try. :p

Withnail

I can confirm manual setting the dns to google ones 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 will improve the download speed. It somehow bypasses the stupid psn throttling.

Might work for you, won't work for everyone. This will just make you connect to a different CDN server. Whether it's better depends on your location and ISP.

SomTervo

So how much content is in the game? i've read that it's 10 hour for the main missions and another 10 for the optional ones.

I think I'm about 12-15 hours in and I'm only at like 25% completion or something. It's easy to spend a lot of time just goofing around being Batman.

So.. who's feeling the Batmobile. Seems there is a lot of focus on it and not sure if i like it or not yet.

I love it in almost all situations. Especially the open world, where it's phenomenal.

The exception is the Riddler challenges, which don't seem great. They seem neither hard nor easy, just janky. Like the first
race thing
and the second
power-the-the sign
puzzle. Both were hampered by the BM's poor mid-air controls and janky track design. Edit: in main campaign missions it seems really good, though. Against bosses and also solving in-world puzzles. It's impressive how much it can do and how seamless it is with the Bat on-foot.

Looks super blurry.

What? This is odd. I'm playing it, and it doesn't look blurry to me. Far off LODs do, sure, but certainly no more or less than the videos I've seen of the PS4. Could be a lower resolution, but I'm playing it on a 37 inch TV, and I can't tell at all.

Xbox One version looks great, has a stable framerate, seems excellent. So.

Durden77

It's been taking me a while to warm up to this game for some reason, but after some big events fairly early on, I'm definitely on board now.

So far the Batmobile combat itself doesn't bother me. It's more the "I've gotta get the Batmobile to this location to progress!" that does. Just seems a bit forced and not as flowing as the previous games because of it in some areas.

But I dig the Batmobile as just another tool a whole lot. Really makes you feel even more like Batman. The controls are a bit awkward, but I'm getting used to them.

Looks super blurry.

Could be the FXAA plus all the post processing in the game because some people have said the ps4 ver looks blurry when it's native 1080p.

edit: oh xb1 could be 900p? first time i have read it.

edit 2: B3D says it's confirmed 900p, well there it is.jpg

Majukun

still pissed that they put this in bundle with the 970 weeks after i bought mine..it would have been ok if they just substituted the game..but they just added it to the package..

dealer-

Should I install the Harley Quinn DLC before starting? Is it like the Catwoman DLC for Arkham City that you play alongside the main game.

What? This is odd. I'm playing it, and it doesn't look blurry to me. Far off LODs do, sure, but certainly no more or less than the videos I've seen of the PS4. Could be a lower resolution, but I'm playing it on a 37 inch TV, and I can't tell at all.

Xbox One version looks great, has a stable framerate, seems excellent. So.

55 inch TV here and I think it looks blurrier than the usual 900p game.

It's smooth though.

Edit: Confirmed 900p? That explains it.

Neff

Both were hampered by the BM's poor mid-air controls and janky track design.

If you're in mid-air, you're doing it wrong. Unless you're performing a straight jump of course, in which case you should just let the Batmobile do its thing and land.

Use verrry slight steering while driving along walls, and apply your afterburner to loop across tunnel ceilings without falling

SomTervo

If you're in mid-air, you're doing it wrong. Unless you're performing a straight jump of course, in which case you should just let the Batmobile do its thing and land.

Use verrry slight steering while driving along walls, and apply your afterburner to loop across tunnel ceilings without falling

Oh, yes, I'm only referring to mid-air controls when doing the pre-set jumps that we have to do in the Riddler challenges.

Even if I've used the afterburner to ensure I make it to the other side, the Batmobile always seems to make a nose-dive movement, making it super likely I'll hit the other side's edge with my hood and tumble down. It's really annoying.

I'm fully up on my wall-driving, thank you.
:p

It's been taking me a while to warm up to this game for some reason, but after some big events fairly early on, I'm definitely on board now.

So far the Batmobile combat itself doesn't bother me. It's more the "I've gotta get the Batmobile to this location to progress!" that does. Just seems a bit forced and not as flowing as the previous games because of it in some areas.

But I dig the Batmobile as just another tool a whole lot. Really makes you feel even more like Batman. The controls are a bit awkward, but I'm getting used to them.

You mean the bits where there's a blue-green square and you have to drive the Batmobile on to it?

Just go on foot, zipping across the skyline, then when you're above the 'Batmobile point', hold RT to nose dive at it, and tap the 'Call Batmobile button'. It'll automatically drive to that point and Bats will get in it and the mission will continue.

In most cases I've found, that Batmobile actually is optional. It's just that there's usually drones around when the game wants you to use it, and the Batmobile can't defend itself.

Neff

I swear to god, I've had so many moments where I'm in Arkham City mode, gliding and grappling my way across rooftops to get to my next location, then suddenly realising 'why am I doing this when I've got a fucking Batmobile and can get there in thirty seconds instead of a minute?'

Zakalwe

Banned
Got it working!

i52500k@4.3ghz
MSI 970 +200/500
8 gb ram

Haven't touched the .ini yet, it's locked at 30. Everything as high as it will go at 1080 and it's not dipping. I'll mess around with the fps lock in a bit, but for now it's running ok.

Looks ok, some poor textures, but it's running...

Breaking News: People have different opinions, user Vaga is shocked!

Man these PSN speeds are terrible. Even in stand-by mode it actually managed to download less than 1GB in an hour. (For reference, I downloaded the Gears Ultimate beta on Xbox earlier this week, which took 10 minutes for 6GB. Slowly picking up the pace atm.

It's great they sent me the digital download key as an apology for the LE delay, but they really should've gone out before release rather than mid-day on the actual release date... (It's more of an issue on Sony's front though with the general speeds, I must admit.)

Still loving the combat myself, but I skipped Origins so maybe that helps.

And I wouldn't count on this being the end of the franchise...

I absolutely loved it in Asylum, but got bored with it about halfway through city. But yeah, Origins did not exactly help.

You're right, it might continue.

Catdaddy

There are a couple of "tricks" that have a big impact on PSN download speeds:

- Don't play a game
- Don't have multiple downloads at the same time

Best tip is just to put it in standby mode, for some reason download speed increases quite a bit.

I've found that when it slows down, if I pause the DL for a few seconds and restart eventually it'll speed up quite considerably.

Top Bottom