• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

ElRenoRaven

So yea I've played about 3 hours now and I have to say I totally hate the Batmobile stuff. That shit should have been left on the cutting room floor. Rest of the game is aces though.

Eklesp

Looks amazing.
Something I didn't get right away was the strafe in the batmobile. The first time you use it took me like 5 deaths before I figured it out.

Also, is the text drastically smaller than most games? Having a hard time seeing it.

Filth

I'm having technical issues on ps4. The game is at the menu but I can't play. It's telling me installing game data Estimated time 6:29. 32% done It hasn't moved from this for ID say like 30 minutes. I restarted and everything :(

NZerker12

I don't know if it is because i'm playing on normal and still early in the game
(The part after Ace chemical plant bows up)
but I swear the enemies are easier takedown in combat compared to AA and AC. I mean it feels like i'm taking guys down in 3-4 hits compared to what felt like 6-7 hits in the previous games.

jediyoshi

I was worried about that from the trailer...didn't look like a challenge at all.

It's no less gamey than regular melee combat, there's a ton of arbitrary stuff happening that isn't readily apparent ala, if enemies aren't in view, they don't throw objects at you.

I'm having technical issues on ps4. The game is at the menu but I can't play. It's telling me installing game data Estimated time 6:29. 32% done It hasn't moved from this for ID say like 30 minutes. I restarted and everything :(

Probably still downloading, go to the game's icon, hit options, and check information

Enjoying it so far, only problem is the Riddler.

Why is he building race tracks again? :/

'Tis the greatest riddle of them all. Considering Batman's track record on the Riddler's riddles, having solved hundred of them by now, maybe the Riddler is just seeing how far Batman will go to solve them.

Like a bat in a cage.

Apeopleman

bwbkybdjoh.png

MtZ9N.gif

Oh man, this had me crack up!

Never was that gif more appropriate.

Did anyone get the 70$ Amazon edition with the graphic novel?

If so, what are your impressions of the novel?

Toki767

I don't know if it is because i'm playing on normal and still early in the game
(The part after Ace chemical plant bows up)
but I swear the enemies are easier takedown in combat compared to AA and AC. I mean it feels like i'm taking guys down in 3-4 hits compared to what felt like 6-7 hits in the previous games.

It's either they have less HP now that they throw more guys at you or you've just gotten much more proficient at the combo system.

Ferrio

Banned

Guessing it's still installing, that whole "play the game before you download" everything feature that confuses the shit outta people.

BFIB

I did, but it won't be here until tomorrow. I can post back once I get it

Chariot

Enjoying it so far, only problem is the Riddler.

Why is he building race tracks again? :/
Just imagine how that would developed if that weren't the last installment. Riddler Football Managers, Riddler Tamagotchis, Riddler hentai games, Riddler obstetrics, ...

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah. I thought I was blind since reviews said its the best looking game of the gen.

Quite a bit of exaggeration there and you see it once you take time to notice the soft, sort of washed out look and all of the aliasing. You can tell it's running on a modified UE3, but again, it still can look really nice and is a hell of a leap over Arkham City. I'm happy.

obin_gam

OK, so now I need help how the fuck to follow up on
the dead corpse
right in the beginning. Alfred says I should
follow the opera music
. I
hear no opera music
. There is no
opera
on the map either.

What am I suppose to do?

Salbug

Forgot to post my hour and a half first impressions last night, but damn does this game look, and feel amazing. I haven't played an Arkham game in a while so I was a bit rusty at first. The Batmobile controls just fine from what I've experienced so far, and no loading times when going indoors is simply amazing!

Just had my game delivered, it also came with the limited edition metal case which was a nice surprise (I didn't know if would, was it a pre-order bonus as well?). This will be my first barman game, though I think I tried the one that was on plus for ps3.

Kabuto

Damn this game is long. I played all night (Steam says 11 hours) and I think I am finally getting to the finale.

Going to jump back in again in a few minutes 8)

TheRed

I definitely feel like I don't get punished if I choose to mash punch over and over because enemies come out so slow, in previous games if I pressed x and a counter indicator was up I knew I fucked up and would take a punch to the face, now that doesn't seem to happen as often in this game and I'm playing on hard, only deaths I've had is from getting shot.

So Alexandros, how is that i3+750ti holding up in this game compared to PS4? :p

PC+PS4 gamer here, but PS4 clearly wins this round.

the dead corpse
follow the opera music
. I
hear no opera music
. There is no
opera
on the map either.

What am I suppose to do?

same thing here...

jesus, i have major issues trying to understand the Arkham series maps and goals.
took me two hours on the first big mission cause i can't understand the map sometimes.

FDBMath

I played this for about 2 hours last night (thank you Gamestop for having a 9pm release here on the left coast). Combat is smooth, maybe smoother than AC's was (definitely smoother than AO - the main thing I didn't like about AO).

I do have a question though, I couldn't find the option in the menus to switch it to toggle battle mode in the options. I have it on the XBone, so I dodn't know if that matters. Also, I don't know if the patch got added before I started playing it.

Thanks!

Majora

I don't think this is true at all. Most of the side missions are on-foot only. So if you're aching to do stuff on-foot just go do some side missions.

In a lot of the story missions you're going up against Arkham Knight's fucking army of super-hi-tech gear, so it's no wonder Bats needs to use his firepower a lot.

I'm not saying there's no on-foot stuff though, I'm saying that the Batmobile makes up about a third of the total game, side quests included. If you go into the game thinking 'I'm going to use the Batmobile as infrequently as I can because I hate it' you're basically going in with the mentality of not enjoying a third of the game. I mean, even the Riddler stuff features tons of Batmobile integration.

On-foot/flying is still the majority for sure, but not by a massive margin.

Sweep14

Can a gaffer help me with this : Are the Batman AK PS4 pre-order DLCS (Harley Quinn, Scarecrow...) tied to my account or can my son who also has an account on my PS4 play/use them ?

I already redeemed the vouchers on my account but will he be able to access them ?

Majora

the dead corpse
follow the opera music
. I
hear no opera music
. There is no
opera
on the map either.

What am I suppose to do?

A lot of the side missions develop as you progress the main story. You can't just mainline all the way through a sidequest at once, they're doled out in pieces. Don't sweat it, keep an ear out for radio chatter and just carry on with the game.

nOoblet16

Early on when you get the the second island.

mother fucking fuckiddy fuck ! That jump scare from that creature of the night. I had my surround sound headphones on at high volume and I almost had a heart attack considering how loud and abrupt it was

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

I didn't get that edition, but the graphic novel is one of my favorite. I'd rank it in the same league as Under The Red Hood, Hush, Year One, The Long Halloween, and The Killing Joke. It was the main source of inspiration for the first Arkham game.

Footos22

Early on when you get the the second island.

mother fucking fuckiddy fuck ! That jump scare from that creature of the night. I had my surround sound headphones on at high volume and I almost had a heart attack consolsering how loud and abrupt it was

Yeah lol. Pretty sure I shit myself there

SomTervo

Yea i just played a bit more and finished a mission and got some exp. I guess the breakdown is only for missions?

I remember in the previous games you get a breakdown after fighting a group

I think it was only Origins that did that, man. It wasn't part of Rocksteady's plan. (Obligatory "it'sallpartoftheplan.gif"

Really appreciate this post. I hated city for the very reasons you mentioned. This encourages me to check this out as I loved Asylum.

Definitely do so man. Imo City went off track in terms of letting us 'be the Bat' but Knight has brought it on track and tripled this train's speed

I'm not saying there's no on-foot stuff though, I'm saying that the Batmobile makes up about a third of the total game, side quests included. If you go into the game thinking 'I'm going to use the Batmobile as infrequently as I can because I hate it' you're basically going in with the mentality of not enjoying a third of the game. I mean, even the Riddler stuff features tons of Batmobile integration.

On-foot/flying is still the majority for sure, but not by a massive margin.

That's fair enough. Where i'm at, the BMobile is definitely less than a third - but i'm only halfway through or so, so you probably lnow better than me.

Do you just want to primarily be on foot or? Since the city is evacuated mostly it makes sense that he'd be using the batmobile as much as possible. Also the fact that there are enemy tanks roaming around.

well i'm still playing the game but a lot of the main mission stuff is use batmobile for X and Y, the on foot stuff has been less then I expected so far.

maybe it will change when I play more tonight, lots to go.

Top Bottom