• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

I'm having technical issues on ps4. The game is at the menu but I can't play. It's telling me installing game data Estimated time 6:29. 32% done It hasn't moved from this for ID say like 30 minutes. I restarted and everything :(

Dude I had the same problem, I found a fix though. Had to close the game and then eject the disc. Once I put the disc back in it started downloading to the harddrive again.

I was stuck at 26% for like an hour, once I did the above my game was installed 6min later.

my question is, should I erase my game data and resinstall from the begining since my game was stuck at 26% and when it started downloading again it started at 23%. Do you think my game will have performance issues if I don't delete and start over?

SomTervo

Is this true at all? Some people playing the Xbox One version said it looks identical to the Ps4 one.

When you zoom in on shit on PS4 it's quite evident the IQ isn't that great and there are a few clear Unreal 3 moments.

I think it's a limitation of the engine, not the consoles. From what I hear PS4 and XBO are near identical, but XBO has very marginally more frame pacing issues.

MattyG

Banned
Wow those are the people that did the atrocious Borderlands 2 Vita port! Great to have them back...
To be entirely fair, I don't think anyone could have got that game running well on the Vita. I was actually impressed that they got it running at all.

ironcreed

Banned
Is this true at all? Some people playing the Xbox One version said it looks identical to the Ps4 one.

Yes, it has a lot of aliasing going on and sort of a soft image overall. But it is still a great looking game and I am not knocking it at all. A few shots I took:

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Vire

I feel like the world itself is so much more beautiful and interesting than City.

Really goes a long way.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Welp, with all the PC issues, I might have to pick this up for the consoles. When does the DF analysis go up for a big game, usually? Not same day as launch I assume?

rikichi

wow. this game is amazing!

5 hours in and im lovin everthing so far. even the batmobile!

to all who says the batmobile is garbage/horrible... yall people suck and cant drive lol

ironcreed

Banned
wow. this game is amazing!

5 hours in and im lovin everthing so far. even the batmobile!

to all who says the batmobile is garbage/horrible... yall people suck and cant drive lol

I was really surprised at how easily it handles. And it feels appropriately mean as well.

void666

Banned
Game runs beatifully on the x1 so far. What's pissing me off is I can't do a fear multi-takedown

Why?

I had some trouble at first because i was trying to hold the directional towards the next target. When in fact you have to turn the camera around to highlight the target and then press the attack button.

Fear multi-takedown is so far my favorite new mechanic.

Are the PS4 Scarecrow missions a code you're supposed to get with the game or are they just on the PSN store for anyone to download? I did not get a code.

Ban Puncher

I don't think so. In my playthrough
I unloaded my gun on the grapple guy and was out of ammo for the rest of the scene. Seemed no different from the E3 footage.

Same thing I think, I didn't shoot and it ended the same as the video of shooting.

I unloaded and when you first get to the GCPD, the officer is in a cell freaking out and his co-workers are saying that he was a good guy and wouldn't be able to live with himself if he knew what he did. Wondering if that dialogue changes (and anything else in game I guess) if you don't fire off a single round.

Are the PS4 Scarecrow missions a code you're supposed to get with the game or are they just on the PSN store for anyone to download? I did not get a code.

It was a code in my copy.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
During the opening diner scene
does anything change if you shoot or not?

I didn't push anything, and a separate guy jumps on the original grapple guy, separating us. I didn't shoot anyone, and eventually that same guy jumped on me and did the headbutt into unconsciousness.

Later, when Batman was in the GCPD, I came across 2 cops watching the cop from the beginning, still suffering from the toxin. One of them said something like "by some miracle, he managed not to shoot anyone."

That's what I've seen so far.

Eklesp

I unloaded and when you first get to the GCPD, the officer is in a cell freaking out and his co-workers are saying that he was a good guy and wouldn't be able to live with himself if he knew what he did. Wondering if that dialogue changes (and anything else in game I guess) if you don't fire off a single round.

It was a code in my copy.

Oh cool, I will have to check that out.

Iced Arcade

Why?

I had some trouble at first because i was trying to hold the directional towards the next target. When in fact you have to turn the camera around to highlight the target and then press the attack button.

Fear multi-takedown is so far my favorite new mechanic.
Yeah haha I was doing it wrong too. Working great now

Ban Puncher

I didn't push anything, and a separate guy jumps on the original grapple guy, separating us. I didn't shoot anyone, and eventually that same guy jumped on me and did the headbutt into unconsciousness.

Later, when Batman was in the GCPD, I came across 2 cops watching the cop from the beginning, still suffering from the toxin. One of them said something like "by some miracle, he managed not to shoot anyone."

That's what I've seen so far.

Ah ha!

Guess I'll restart and let Officer Owens live without blood on his hands (I was only like an hour in anyway). #notallGCPDcops

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I enjoy driving the batmanbile but I really don't enjoy the vehicular shootouts. It's rare that I come across a game that doesn't have at least one mechanic that makes me think "dammit, not this shit again", so it's not that big of a deal.

KingDAVIN

Neo Member
Anyone playing the game on ps4 without the day one patch?

Any big performance difference with the patch? Don't have enough to time tonight to download patch and play game.

Marc

"Oh cool! The Batmobile!"

*ten minutes later*

"Oh piss off Batmobile"

I really wanted a GTAV city with a batmobile to play in and yet again the whole population of gotham disappears and the batmobile is just... rubbish. The whole tank stuff is a waste of time and the weird wedging of batmobile sections to justify them putting it in the game falls wildly short. It just doesn't fit a Batman game at all, smashing through everything in a city. Like someone earlier said, feels like transformers high moon games.

Not played that long but not seeing where these 10's came from yet, Origins was waaay better at this point of play IMO.

This has been covered before, man.

The game discs and boxes will be sent to print up to 10 days before the game's release, and shipped out internationally. In the subsequent week while the discs are printing/delivering, the devs will still be working full days on the game to improve it as much as possible. Sometimes this results in 250MB of updates, sometimes it's a few GB. "Day 1 patches" are just a symptom of game development having far more digital support than ever before, to the extent that they can release improvements or fixes on the retail disc code in the time it takes for the discs to print and deliver.

You probably won't lose much from just playing straight away, but you never know.

Yeah, I don't buy into that excuse. Delay it by ten days if it needs it, except the mentality is it would still have a day 1 patch. Even after this patch, anyone willing to bet there won't be any large bugs found? And its not even the day 1 patch that is the issue, it is the sheer size. I am lucky to have good bandwidth and the money where I get a good ISP to allow for unlimited downloads. I did not always have that and appreciate many don't, and for those people it sucks a lot more.

It was also not always the case and doesn't have to be currently.

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Just got home with my copy and freaking excited to play it!

But really, 4 DLC codes and a 3.5 gb patch.. Is all this necessary? Will probably be a few hours now...

Top Bottom