• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

I played a lot last night. I haven't grown tired of the tank stuff yet, but man do I hate the winch stuff. My only other complaints really are the rubber/plastic humans and Rocksteady just cannot make female faces. I also can't stand Jonathan Banks as Gordon.

Love the new combat stuff like counter throws and Batmobile finishers. I like how you just started off with things like the grapple boost and various gadgets and you build on that with the new suit. No Samus losing all of her upgrades for whatever silly reason here. I like how responsive the car is, but it kind of makes it so I don't glide around as much as I used to which I also like doing.

I makes me laugh whenever someone talks to Batman and he just completely ignores the question or conversation and answers with a generic "We'll save the city" or "get out of here it's dangerous."

Holy shit, that was awesome!!

CINPmXGWIAA8Nbj.jpg:large

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm reluctant to buy this. Was anyone in my boat? What are your opinions of the game now?

So far? I wish I hadn't bought it. It's sullying two of my favorite games of all time. The beginning of this game (I won't speak to the rest of it) is straight up garbage. Not bad in a "I expect better out of a AAA release" but actively, aggressive bad. The Batmobile is shoved into every aspect of the world design and encounter world, but the problem there is that it's terribly unfun. It's clunky, doesn't control well, uses an odd control scheme and is immensely lore breaking.

When the Riddler has you complete races, it's an enormous Batsignal that Rocksteady just sort of ran out of ideas. And then the Riddler does the dull "Ho, ho, ho, solve my devious riddles. What is a dessert and also a number that begins with 3.14?" and then you want to silently weep for both the intern that had to write his shitty lines and the VA who clearly gave up giving any sort of fucks before the recorder began.

I'll stick with the game because I love the first two so much, but this is a wholly unpleasant experience so far. It's work.

Reule

Reposting this for help. :(
I've asked this in the hardware thread for PS4 before about Related Items but I figured I'd ask here. If you check under Arkham Knight in the Related Items section, do some of your add-on images show up as a default icon? Screenshot would be nice. You don't have to go into Related Items, just when viewing from the general game tile section.

Played about two hours of the game so far. Pretty fun. I'm a bit worried about how much the Batmobile will be used throughout the game but beyond that, great game so far. I don't think I'll use any of the skins till a second play through.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Anyone else finds the game to be visually quite busy? It's a bit difficult to discern things and enemies in this one for me.

I have a hard time seeing pedestrians when I'm driving.

Man, this sucks I guess I can't get the Red hood Dlc, First code didn't work and called gamestop for another code and this one didn't work either lol.

I understand the dislike for the batmobile, I mean it's a batman game who wants to drive around? But honestly I think it's really cool, really smooth feeling and responsive controls and some cool use of it with puzzles. Prerelease I had zero interest in the batmobile stuff but now I can't wait to see what else I can do with it.

Ferrio

Banned
Repetitive, and the Batmobile sections

It so far seems like the best version out of the batman games, so if you like those games ya pick it up. The game just oozes style. Not perfect by any means (I can see the car thing wearing out it's welcome) but I doubt enough to make me regret my purchase.

Fry

Never thought the batmobile would be a worry in a, uh, batman game.

If youre a Batman fan and loved the other two games just buy the damn thing.

sam777

What the fuck is up with these tanks everywhere pieces of shit. The Batmobile although looks cool has been a crap addition to the game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just started, been playing for maybe 2 hours. Really enjoying it so far! Looks and runs great on PS4, have barely noticed a single dropped frame. THIS is how you do console versions! Take note, CDPR...

A question for those who have already done this: I didn't activate any of the bonus content (Scarecrow missions, Harley Quinn story missions, WayneTech stuff) before I started playing. Will that be an issue in any way? None of this content is interwoven with the main story like the Catwoman stuff in City right? Can I just get that content at any time and it will appear in the game?

Changing the Batmobile from press to hold to toggle cleared up any wonky Batmobile ness.

Oooh, I should do that. Having to keep hoooooooolding that L2 trigger in was getting a bit annoying.

What the fuck is up with these tanks everywhere pieces of shit. The Batmobile although looks cool has been a crap addition to the game.

I find it as the true savior of Batman when there's no Alfred, Oracle or Lucius. The handling of the Batmobile is pretty exciting thanks to battle mode. Not sure why you find it as a crap addition to the game.

Chariot

I find it as the true savior of Batman when there's no Alfred, Oracle or Lucius. The handling of the Batmobile is pretty exciting thanks to battle mode. Not sure why you find it as a crap addition to the game.
I don't like it either. I dislike vehicles in games and I hate it if they are mandatory. And I really hate it, when they are mandatory very often. I am pretty bad at racers, but that's not a problem when I don't buy and play racers. I know that it was advertised beforehand, but I would've wished that it would be a lot less prominent than it is.

MMaRsu

Please wait while game data is beeing installed

Its stuck at 52% with 0:04:35 remaining

ON PS4

Wtf do I do now??? Guys please help I came home from work and want to play this real bad and this is pissing me off. Its really stuck on 52%.

MY INSTALL IS STUCK WTF

Repetitive, and the Batmobile sections

Cant really speak for how repetitive it is as Im only a few hours in. The Batmobile sections really arent that bad, but they kinda stick out since everything else seems so stellar.

The main problems with the batmobile are mostly control related: it feels twitchy and loose but its still drivable, but definitely takes some getting used to.

Also, batmobile combat just isnt as well done as the freeflow combat. I see what they were trying to do with it but it just ends up feeling a little shallow and not as interesting. Its not terrible by any means though and there seems to be a bit of hyperbole going around about how "bad" it is.

Mike

So far? I wish I hadn't bought it. It's sullying two of my favorite games of all time. The beginning of this game (I won't speak to the rest of it) is straight up garbage. Not bad in a "I expect better out of a AAA release" but actively, aggressive bad. The Batmobile is shoved into every aspect of the world design and encounter world, but the problem there is that it's terribly unfun. It's clunky, doesn't control well, uses an odd control scheme and is immensely lore breaking.

When the Riddler has you complete races, it's an enormous Batsignal that Rocksteady just sort of ran out of ideas. And then the Riddler does the dull "Ho, ho, ho, solve my devious riddles. What is a dessert and also a number that begins with 3.14?" and then you want to silently weep for both the intern that had to write his shitty lines and the VA who clearly gave up giving any sort of fucks before the recorder began.

I'll stick with the game because I love the first two so much, but this is a wholly unpleasant experience so far. It's work.

I've never read something on NeoGaf that so perfectly sums up my feelings. Thank you for this.

How do I track sidequests? There are no icons on my map other than the main story mission and AR training. Cycling the filter on the map shows nothing.

Please wait while game data is beeing installed

Its stuck at 52% with 0:04:35 remaining

ON PS4

Wtf do I do now??? Guys please help I came home from work and want to play this real bad and this is pissing me off. Its really stuck on 52%.

The PSN downloadspeeds are crazy. I've got fibre , three hours and still not done. So much for playing the game tonight :/

How the hell are you supposed to do the challenge where you blow up 10 cars in 2 minutes? The Batmobile is really ineffective against them in battle mode and they're hard to find.

Go back and listen to the Riddler puzzles in AC....they're just as dumb. The thing is, nobody plays a Batman game to figure out difficult puzzles.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

100% agreed. Just absolute truth. I am floored that Rocksteady thought the car was a good addition to the game in this manner. It should have been like the horse in Witcher 3 - fast transit if you want it, some races, some side missions - not shoehorned into everything, awkwardly used for puzzle solving and constant breaking of gameplay flow.

Did anybody elses Limited Edition not come with a steelebook like it says on the packaging?

Edit: Ok, this is really fucking stupid. They included both the Steelebook and the regular game case in the packaging. Come on WB, lol.

nOoblet16

Is there much environmental variety? Everything shown so far has basically been the same look.

Imo Origin's was the only Arkham game that could sometimes look different. All other games, including this one have a very similar look, they heavily use blue and green colours.

How the hell are you supposed to do the challenge where you blow up 10 cars in 2 minutes? The Batmobile is really ineffective against them in battle mode and they're hard to find.

Charge the rockets by firing with canons and then tap square button to unleashing homing rockets, it can destroy more than 3 vehicles at a time.

Top Bottom