• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

JonnyKong

Because I got a three day start here in the UK, I'm enjoying all my story based bronze trophies being ultra rare, some even at 1%. I know it won't be long until this is taken away from me :(

Holy fuck, the Batmobile is hard to get used to controlling.

Keep popping Tank mode when I want to break due to being used to L2 being the damn breaking trigger.

Ity made the first Riddler Race damn fucking hard, lol

Go to Options, toggle battle mode so that R1 toggles battle mode and L2 becomes brake.

FDBMath

These "just look around and you'll find the next objective" quests are annoying as shit. While running around in a huge area just hoping you stumble upon a quest objective might be fun to some, I get the feeling it's going to be super obnoxious to most.

Been running around for an hour now on listening for opera music and haven't heard shit. Very disappointing.

I found the second part of the opera quest through listening to the radio from the helicopters flying overhead. Told me where to look (only if you don't want to know where the second one is):
One of the helicopters said they spotted a body at the Gotham Herald building. I went over to it and heard the music and found the second body.

These "just look around and you'll find the next objective" quests are annoying as shit. While running around in a huge area just hoping you stumble upon a quest objective might be fun to some, I get the feeling it's going to be super obnoxious to most.

Been running around for an hour now on listening for opera music and haven't heard shit. Very disappointing.

Then it probably isn't time to continue that quest. You'll know when it is because the quest icon on the mission wheel will be pulsing. It will then give you an approximate location of the opera music. Or you can listen out for audio cues from thugs and police chopper chatter.

MMaRsu

WHAT

Been playing for 40 minutes or so, PS4 disc version without the patch installed. When on a rope you can drop to line launcher and there is an hilarious bug.

Right now I am getting pissed off with this game because I am playing from a DISC, and after doing like 3 missions I am stuck waiting in front of a door while the game says

PLEASE WAIT WHILE GAME DATA IS BEING INSTALLED

Seriously wtf is this shit?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
PSN down? Perfect! Just as I was punching in my DLC codes. Probably lost those now then. Awesome.

EDIT: Ok, got them. But hey, here's a really stupid thing: I entered all three codes at once, without starting to download any of them, and guess what? There's no way to get to them again! On the PS4, that is. There's no way to access your download list. So you actually have to go do it at a computer via the PS Store site. Come on, Sony...

(Ok, found out you can just enter the same codes again to get to their download pages, but still. Pretty stupid. Why did they remove this useful thing the PS3 had?)

Side missions are tied with story missions. If you don't advance in the campaign you can't beat all the side stuff. You can learn how many missions are currently doable trough quest list (right on the d-pad? I don't remember)

100% agreed. Just absolute truth. I am floored that Rocksteady thought the car was a good addition to the game in this manner. It should have been like the horse in Witcher 3 - fast transit if you want it, some races, some side missions - not shoehorned into everything, awkwardly used for puzzle solving and constant breaking of gameplay flow.

Agree with all of this.

Vibrant

Banned
I would like to play this game but I can't justify paying $60 for for a game I'll play for a few weeks tops. Guess I'll wait for the GOTY edition.

JonnyKong

I have to say I'm really impressed by the length of the main missions so far. I feel like I've been playing it for ages and I'm only 70% of the way through it. I've done most of the interesting side missions so I'll probably focus more of my concentration onto finishing the story now.

I would like to play this game but I can't justify paying $60 for for a game I'll play for a few weeks tops. Guess I'll wait for the GOTY edition.

When did "play for a few weeks" become not good enough to justify a full price purchase? Is the standard no longer the quality of the experience, but instead the overall quantity?

Vaga

DemandingSarcasticBunny.gif

My man. thanks for posting that, was having the exact same issue. The default controls are kinda fucked

I don't remember which pre-release review mentioned doing those, but i made a mental note to do it as soon as i could when i started and I can see why the reviewer made special mention.

WOW. Variety's twitter just potentially spoiled the ending of the game to all of its followers, including myself.

If I wasn't mad about this game already...

Simo

Soooo my LE PS4 copy arrived today from Amazon as they promised. I was surprised by the size of the box and really think it's one of the cooler LE sets I've seen and own especially with the surprise light feature of the statue. Also Microsoft charges like 300 bones for their Halo 5 CE with a statue and steel book but no physical disc and Batman gives me 2 cases for my disc including a steel book. lol

The game though...holy fuck...Be the Batman indeed. Even though I've seen the intro and "evening the odds" it doesn't compare to actually seeing and playing it on your console. I have 2 friends who I was hyping this game up to and they said they'd get it eventually but I had to show them just how good everything looked so I share played with them. As soon as they saw me jumping off a roof and summoning the Batmobile with one button press and then taking off to find and fight crime, they left Share Play and headed to GameStop to trade in some old games and came back with Batman. lol

hbkdx12

Kevin Conroy's voice acting in this game makes me cringe. Sorry,I know I'm going to piss people off by saying this.

I don't think he does a very good "angry batman". Ezio from Arkham Origins did a far better job.

However, when batman is more calm and talking himself through situations and detective mode and the like, i think conroy is perfectly spot on from what i expect. His voice is more fitting for a more calm, subtle, collected batman

Avoid Variety's twitter account, they just spoiled the game, lol. Not sure if they deleted the tweet or not.

Edit: I see someone's already mentioned it.

Avoid Variety's twitter account, they just spoiled the game, lol. Not sure if they deleted the tweet or not.

Edit: I see someone's already mentioned it.

After reading the 1st part of the article, it seems like he's more talking about the beginning of the game
where Gordon says 'this is how the Batman died'.

Still unsure, and don't want to know, quite honestly.

Why people hating on the Batmobile? Looks amazing.
Yeah, it does look amazing, until you realize they've reshuffled the whole gameplay loop in favor of it. That basically means less flying around, less combat and less predator.

I don't find it terrible by any means and they had to mix things up to keep the game from being Arkham City 1.55 but I can't say I find the races, the car puzzles or the car fights more interesting than their pedestrian equivalents. So it's a bit of a mixed bag IMO.

nOoblet16

I'm finding the predator gameplay to be very weak so far, the encounter design is very ho hum for it (so far).

Cause they suck at it. The AR challenges are fucking amazeballs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEkvtx80kUM
Disregarding other's opinion by saying they suck at it when the complaint could be about something else completely.

I believe it's because it's forced a lot into the game.
I pretty much avoid using Batmobile because I am already sick of the mandatory tank battles and I don't want any more...there're only so many that you can do before you get bored.

Pursuit mode is ok and fun...but in all honesty the car is used a bit too much for missions.

When did "play for a few weeks" become not good enough to justify a full price purchase? Is the standard no longer the quality of the experience, but instead the overall quantity?

Amen. I'm grateful anymore when a quality AAA game can be completed (albeit not to 100%) in less than 12 - 15 hours. With a deluge of games and limited time I simply can't devote months to a single title anymore.

Tensketch

Got home eager to play Batman, bought it from GAME because I wanted the red hood DLC.

Guess what? NO DLC. Urgh. I've contacted them but I'll probably get some bullshit response.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
WOW. Variety's twitter just potentially spoiled the ending of the game to all of its followers, including myself.

If I wasn't mad about this game already...

This was bound to happen. There is an entire journalist approach to video games now and it isn't from the person who holds gaming near and dear to their hearts. It's the crowd that wants to know everything with little to no surprises.

Cause they suck at it. The AR challenges are fucking amazeballs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEkvtx80kUM

I agree. I feel comfortable with it because I didn't master the controls in two minutes. It gives me something to improve, which use to be fun. Give me something that I can't do blindfolded.

RedStep

Did anybody elses Limited Edition not come with a steelebook like it says on the packaging?

Edit: Ok, this is really fucking stupid. They included both the Steelebook and the regular game case in the packaging. Come on WB, lol.

How is that stupid? I think they expect that most people will open the entire package before freaking out.

question about one of the first sidequests you get:
I found the first firefight but where are the rest of them? I know they were seperated but there's no quest marker.

sam777

Pretty much this. People who were worried about the batmobile I think knew how bad they were at driving in games. Hey, at least they can drive through most shit. lol.

Nope. It is because they force it on you unnecessarily and they add whole load of tanks on the ground, make it annoying when you want to go from point A to B.
Also I am good at driving games fyi.

Batmobile aside, the graphics are excellent on PS4 and the story seems to be shaping up nicely I just reached the
second Island, hopefully there is more interactions with other villains to come.

Top Bottom