• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

How do I solve the second Riddler puzzle. Apparently Batman can't do shit cause he needs to get clear or some bullshit. Which is the word I describe solving puzzles with this monstrosity.

Rean

I was told that the Harley DLC leads into the main story. Does the Red Hood DLC do that too and is there a specific order I have to play them in?

I'm sure this has already been addressed, so I apologize....but has anyone played this on XB1 yet? If so, how's it look and perform? I'm considering picking it up this evening.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'm sure this has already been addressed, so I apologize....but has anyone played this on XB1 yet? If so, how's it look and perform? I'm considering picking it up this evening.

Looks a bit shimmery at times but only when you're standing back looking at it. Actually play the game and you likely won't notice it. I hate aliasing and got over it really quickly.

Performance seems pretty consistently smooth.

RPGCrazied

This game just oozes style and looks awesome... even on a 720p LCD, lol

Man, I can't wait to upgrade my TV soon, will be night and day in PS4 games.

Lucreto

Okay I started downloading the game at midnight last night only PS3 and just finished at 3pm this afternoon.

I install all the DLC and launch the game. I was told I need to wait 18 hours to install the AR missions. I quit the game reset the console and went back into it and it says 45 hours now.

I can't access the in-game training missions, Riddler or other AR missions until it installs.

Anybody having the same problem?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
My biggest problem with the Batmobile is that it basically feels like another gadget. In some ways it's very well integrated, but mostly the game just suddenly throws a series of contrived reasons that force you to use it for puzzles or whatever, whereas prior to it's existence in the games, there was a more practical gadget-based solution.

I don't know if that makes sense, but basically it's like when you walk into an area in a third person shooter and see a bunch of chest high walls/convenient cover. You know that that stuff is there because it needs to be, rather than feeling natural.

There's just too much emphasis on it which makes the game feel more like Batmobile: Arkham Knight.

Game is aces otherwise.

I'm still only a few hours in and I -like- that the Batmobile is integrated to feel like a gadget. Some puzzles almost feel reminiscent of Lost Vikings in how you separate the man from the car doing two distinct actions to reach a single goal. It's contrived certainly, but I expected a shitshow given the pre-release impressions and instead its all been quite clever in its own logic.

Haven't really dug into the Riddler stuff yet that other complaints stem from yet though.

Looks a bit shimmery at times but only when you're standing back looking at it. Actually play the game and you likely won't notice it. I hate aliasing and got over it really quickly.

Performance seems pretty consistently smooth.

Awesome and thanks for the quick response!

Sounds like a purchase then. Glad to hear the game runs at a smooth clip.

Played a few hours of it and so far I like it but I think I agree with a lot of people that you have to use the Batmobile too damn much. I especially hate using it in tighter corridors.

Magnus

What's this I hear about a gigantic day 1 patch that's slow to download and mandatory? Say it ain't so. On my way home with this game finally in hand.

I was told that the Harley DLC leads into the main story. Does the Red Hood DLC do that too and is there a specific order I have to play them in?

This would make sense. I've heard some random thugs talking about Harley like she did something. I got my copy with my gfx card so I don't have a clue what it was, but it makes me wonder if other DLC will be teased through unblockable thug speak.

Thug 1: Did you see that new suit Batman had?

Thug 2: One new suit? He has at least 8 now.

~~~~~~

Thug 1: I can't believe what happened in Metropolis!

~~~~~~

Two Face: At least I'm not getting beat up by bat girl!

~~~~~~

Riddler: I have 3 more races hidden somewhere... behind this wall... this PAY WALL!

Seriously, about this second Riddler puzzle, I managed to get the Batmobile across the entire room and when I enter Battle Mode and attach the winch to the electrical generator, Batman tells me he can't do it cause he has to "get clear" What am I supposed to do?

These Riddler missons are awful. I seriously cant figure put why they thought forcing precise movement with the Batmobile would be a good idea.

Watched a video of the exact same puzzle and I did EVERYTHING that went on in that video but for some reason the game isn't letting me attach the winch to the power generator because Batman has to "get clear" Is anyone else getting this or is it just some glitch. I might just turn this game off at this point cause I am getting too mad at this whole thing.

Vire

Environmental takedowns. Press a+x on Xbox.

You mean the lightning-like highlight? If so, it's a sign of an incoming attack, and signal for counter with a triangle button.

Not the lighting icon, I know that! :p There was just these giant lamps in the Ace Chemical building and they had a blue highlight over them in combat and I didn't know how to interact with them.

Anybody know what I'm talking about? So I just hit A+X or X+Square and it would have done something with the lamp?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
"This is how it happened. This is how the Batman died."

11406235_101556695323hquru.jpg
Lol
Also, traded in like 4 games. Ended up getting this one for $10. Money well spent.

Not the lighting icon, I know that! :p There was just these giant lamps in the Ace Chemical building and they had a blue highlight over them in combat and I didn't know how to interact with them.

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

I'm pretty sure that was what I was talking about if an enemy is near them you can use them in environmental takedowns.

nOoblet16

This is something that's bugging me a lot.

So when you view a security camera footage, the only way to go forward and backwards is by rotating the analague stick, I cannot for the life of me think how this makes sense over just tilting left/right or using the trigger buttons. Especially considering when you get into the evidence mode and try to build a scene you can play a scene out back and forth by holding down the triggers.

Brandon F

Played Harley DLC on PS4. You access it separately on the main menu. Does take place just prior to the main game, but there is nothing to be learned or gained from it in terms of story(that isn't already described by Ivy super early in the main game). Harley is goofy and fun to play with though.

Took me about 20-30 minutes to finish her brief mission.

Melchiah

Anybody know what I'm talking about? So I just hit A+X or X+Square and it would have done something with the lamp?

Yeah, I kinda missed the "object" part in your earlier post. =) Good to know about the environmental takedowns though.

Mikey Jr.

This lack of tutorial is really pissing me off.

I have no fucking idea how to use the launcher. I can launch between 2 buildings when I'm on the ground, but thats it.

I can use it while gliding? I don't fucking know. How the fuck do I use this thing? Pissing me off right now.

Rean

Played Harley DLC on PS4. You access it separately on the main menu. Does take place just prior to the main game, but there is nothing to be learned or gained from it in terms of story(that isn't already described by Ivy super early in the main game). Harley is goofy and fun to play with though.

Took me about 20-30 minutes to finish her brief mission.
Did you also get the red hood dlc, if so do you play it with the Harley dlc before the main story?

Red hood dlc takes place after the game. But like Harley story it doesn't figure into the main story the much.
Thanks!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This feels like Half Life 2 airboat chase the game.

15 minutes of boring vehicle shit, spend 5 minutes on foot clearing the path for boring vehicle, then spending another 15 minutes of boring vehicle shit. Lather rinse repeat.

I have no fucking idea how to use the launcher. I can launch between 2 buildings when I'm on the ground, but thats it.

I can use it while gliding? I don't fucking know. How the fuck do I use this thing? Pissing me off right now.
Do you have prompts on? They pretty much put one on screen anytime you can do something.

npa189

PC train wreck aside, this doesn't look "next-gen" to me. Looking at PS4 footage its pretty much on par with what my PC is pumping out. Textures are bad, rain looks weird, the IQ is just plain weird. It doesn't look like what they showed off early on at all, I'm just not blow away. Gameplay is fun, but not much different from the other Arkham games. I think I understand the 7/10 from gamespot now.

TheDanger

Banned
so I didn't wanna wait for all the downloads to finish (started playing before) do i need to start a new game now to play the harley quinn and scarecrow missions I had a code for?

Brandon F

All that info is tucked away in the upgrade screen. Kind of a pain to sift through the dozens of abilities in that giant 'move grid' featuring so many leftovers from AC, but all the info for every skill and ability is in there including that one.

Melchiah

PC train wreck aside, this doesn't look "next-gen" to me. Looking at PS4 footage its pretty much on par with what my PC is pumping out. Textures are bad, rain looks weird, the IQ is just plain weird. It doesn't look like what they showed off early on at all, I'm just not blow away. Gameplay is fun, but not much different from the other Arkham games. I think I understand the 7/10 from gamespot now.

I think it looks pretty good on the PS4, sometimes even very good, but to my recollection Infamous: SS+FL Looked better.

So I took a break to watch some baseball and finish my paper but I really want to get back into Arkham already....

I'm not getting anymore waypoints for those firefighter and murder scene sidequest aren't I....

Not sure if this has been spotted yet (this thread moves fast) but in the opening sequence when the cop walks into the diner a guy on the right gets up and moves off camera. Its really fast but I swear the guy was Sefton Hill.

Played a little bit today on the PC. The intro is really good. Particularly, giving the player control over *MASSIVE ARKHAM CITY SPOILER*
Joker's cremation
was a nice touch. You
technically play as two characters before controlling Batman
Gordon and the cop in the diner.

So how exactly do I change the PS4 controls to toggle battle mode? The square button to brake is killing me right now and I can't find the option to change it anywhere.

Game options config.

CaptainTiptop said:
It's under 'game options', near the bottom of the list. No idea why it's not in 'controls.'

EDIT: I swear the battle mode toggle option didnt show up until a certain early batmobile sequence...weird.

Top Bottom