• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Lingitiz

I like this game quite a bit so far, seems to really fulfill the promise of feeling like you're playing Batman. I felt like Arkham City was a half step and the setup was really contrived.

That said, the constant presence of
Joker
is getting a bit grating. He's great, it's just too much.

M.W.

Bought a physical copy today. Won't get a chance to put it into my PS4 until 10pm. Will I even be able to play it by midnight?

So how exactly do I change the PS4 controls to toggle battle mode? The square button to brake is killing me right now and I can't find the option to change it anywhere.
Press the Options button and set the Battle Mode Toggle to On. It's not the most intuitive.

For me, the bigger problem is that brake and reverse are mapped to the same button.

Also, how do I transition directly into a dive from running off a rooftop? I need to do that to unlock a combat challenge.

And, also, how do I drift the Batmobile? Looks like I need to do that, too.

Oh man (Easter egg spoilers)
Lex Luthor on Bruce's answering machine hinting at something? I know some eagle eye spotted Lex's name prerelease.

ON the PS4 and having a major issue.

I am am just about to complete an objective, right when an install screen pops up and is stuck at 0%:

q6LTCTb.jpg

Anyone running into this? Any idea on how to fix it?

erawsd

Also, that Harley Quinn thing was really, really short. Its like under 15 minutes. They aren't going to sell this are they? What would it cost, .99 cents?

Not only is it really short but shes basically just a reskinned Catwoman with a few added specials. Their attack and counter animations are identical.

I'm confused about something in the game...are secondary objectives and side quests voluntarily obtuse ?

I mean I wanted to
rescue the firemen, do some Nigma riddles and investigate murder scenes
but I can't find them and there's no marker on the map.

Plus the main mission is indicating 25% of progress, I hope it's not about the whole main game, because I have been playing for only 3 hours maybe :/

bobawesome

The hype was too much for me. Despite saying I probably wouldn't pick it up after being spoiled, I went ahead and got it anyway.

Here's hoping it's better than City.

I'm absolutely loving it so far, though every criticism I've read in this thread makes some valid points. After a couple of hours things just 'clicked' for me, and I think the Batmobile is great, though flawed a bit in execution. I think it looks gorgeous too; very gritty and atmospheric.

Pilgrimzero

Just got to the Riddler's first challenge.

Sigh.

Also, how am I supposed to find the
firemen
just glide around until I hear one? Waste of gaming time.

Fury451

Banned
Not only is it really short but shes basically just a reskinned Catwoman with a few added specials. Their attack and counter animations are identical.

That's massively disappointing considering how detailed and distinct all of the playable characters were in City, not to mention the PS3 Joker having all his own unique moves.

gdt

I am a bit confused though because..
I became Gordon, went into the VIP area, talked to everyone and then Bats was in my face (out of sync?) And then it said present day. So I feel like I missed something.

Uh, there was a whole long scene right after that. Maybe you skipped it by mistake.

Garibaldi

So how exactly do I change the PS4 controls to toggle battle mode? The square button to brake is killing me right now and I can't find the option to change it anywhere.

EDIT: I swear the battle mode toggle option didnt show up until a certain early batmobile sequence...weird.

It appears after you unlock battlemode. Which is completely stupid because you at that point try to wrestle the crazy default controls because you checked all the options prior to starting the game after seeing the absurd pursuit mode default controls...or maybe that's just me.

I am definitely liking the Batmobile stuff more as I play more. I was initially very turned off by it, but I am getting used to its handling and controls and am having fun with that aspect now. I still wish there was less of it and I dislike chasing vehicles with it, but whatever. Everything else is so awesome, the combat is still the best of its kind, visuals are wonderful. I'm a big fan of how dirty the visuals are due to all the post processing stuff. And the presentation is some of the best around. The transitions, the no loading screens, the incredible camera angles and movements. So far it's pretty good.

malfcn

Uh, there was a whole long scene right after that. Maybe you skipped it by mistake.

Weee, back up saves.
I'm Gordon, so let's try this again.

What the heck, is he supposed to just appear out of no where?
And when did they occur..when and where is this scene versus the 'present day' ?

What I wanna know is, is Hard difficulty just gonna be the *no counter indicator* bullshit that it was in the previous games?

Cause that was not fun.

Alienous

Normal or hard?

Main concern is the tank stuff. But I'd like to hear some opinions on all of it.

The tank stuff feels more like a rhythm game than anything challenging. You'll get a feel for it after a while, I'm sure. I'm currently playing on normal, 70% through the main story, and though I have yet to reach a game over screen playing on Normal has me straddling the line between life and death quite often.

If you haven't played an Arkham game in a while, or you aren't proficient at them, Normal is an adequate challenge.

jediyoshi

Goddamn, everything is seamless as fuck. I love how everything doesn't have a ugly animation. Everything feels smooth.

Even just the character movement animations, very Naughty Dog-esque. It's all I picture in my head whenever I look at how janky the Fallout/Elder Scrolls animations are in comparison

erawsd

That's massively disappointing considering how detailed and distinct all of the playable characters were in City, not to mention the PS3 Joker having all his own unique moves.

Yeah. Red Hood reuses a ton of Nightwing animations also. A few even look weird since he pokes the guy with the end of his pistol instead of a shock baton.

malfcn

So when is this Gordan flashback I had supposed to take place. There is present day afterwards, but I missed when it happens?

ThePicard

Banned
thanks!

looks like the XB1/PS4 are identical, just XB1 probably running at 900p

Way to go Rocksteady!

Also, the smoke effects on PC when the batmobile is doing donuts is insane!

yeah it dont look much difference between the console versions, but the PS4 version does look cleaner and has tiny bit less aliasing

The car stuff is really bad, so much of it feels so forced.

The game is great to play but I dread those forced car sections, set up a ramp, pull the wall, use a lift, glide about shooting robot cars.

If the car was just in for getaways and batterin around the city it would be fine but making me use it in missions is beyond frustrating.

I'm only 7% in as well...

Alienous

Love the added emphasis on puzzles and detective work in this one.

That's one thing that really surprised me about this game. For all the shade they threw at Arkham Origins (with "That's their thing and we are doing our own thing" statements) they sure did take inspiration from the advancements that game made in showing Batman as more of a detective.

The camera footage minigame is new, though, and I really enjoy it. It makes you feel like you are doing the detective work.

Holy fucking shit at that jump scare. You know the one.

Haven't gotten spooked like that since P.T., Jesus. Doesn't help that I had my volume way the fuck up.

Top Bottom