• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Durden77

Holy fucking shit at that jump scare. You know the one.

Haven't gotten spooked like that since P.T., Jesus. Doesn't help that I had my volume way the fuck up.

There's actually been about 3 or 4 of them for me. At firat I was super bummed hearing about them, because I hate that shit. But they're all actually really well done, so I don't mind them at all.

Also Alfred keeps saying that the person that mutilated the body on the bridge leaves opers music, but I don't hear anything next to the body, so I don't know what to listen for.

Venom Fox

Banned
Loving this game up to now!
Batmobile could be a tad better though.
Graphics are amazing on PS4!

Legit shocked to find out Jonathan Banks (Mike) from Breaking bad is doing Comm Gordon's voice.

Also found out that Brian Cranston (Walter White) did it as well!

I think my game is glitched and I have to start over. I did the first Riddler challenge but I was not presented with additional dialogue after beating it and therefore I didn't step on a pressure pad. As such, the second Riddler challenge is not available to me, and when I go back to do this one over it has changed to a Time Trial challenge.

Any ideas?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I like this game quite a bit so far, seems to really fulfill the promise of feeling like you're playing Batman. I felt like Arkham City was a half step and the setup was really contrived.

That said, the constant presence of
Joker
is getting a bit grating. He's great, it's just too much.
Christ, really shouldn't have clicked that spoiler tag, no idea what I was thinking

diamount

Banned
I'm starting to really dislike the Arkham Knight (the bad guy). He's constantly saying he kill the batman yet he keeps disappearing like a saturday morning cartoon villain.

VanWinkle

I know people don't really like this kind of post, but I've been on my honeymoon and this game is waiting anxiously for me at our house. I don't have internet around our cabin so I can't keep up with this forum nor would I have time anyways.

So what's the general consensus so far? Are people liking it? How's the open world? How is the side content?

Thanks guys! I should be coming home tomorrow and I'm really excited to play it.

Red Hood

Banned
I glided around Gotham a little while to see if the drops are getting less frequent and something scared the shit out of me. When I wanted to grapple on to a building,
a bat-like creature came out of nowhere
and I almost pissed myself. I'm definitely doing that quest tomorrow, now I'mma hit the sheets.

Shit, I'm (Early to mid-game spoilers)
In the clock tower looking for Oracle and she's just kinda sitting there. I can feel a jump scare coming and it's late at night. I'm not gonna like this.

Why are there no markers on the compas when you on foot or in the air?? Makes absolutely no sense, it's as if I'm forced into the batmobile.

Fury451

Banned
Yeah. Red Hood reuses a ton of Nightwing animations also. A few even look weird since he pokes the guy with the end of his pistol instead of a shock baton.

How lame. I really held Rocksteady to a high standard.... Luckily the rest of the game seems to have their trademark Eye for detail and care, but it's such a disappointment that those two aspects are phoned in. Especially since they were plugging Harley since announcement.

Golgo 13

I find it bizarre that I get no EXP from beating up mobs on the street, but I KNOW I did at one point (before I went on my first mission I explored and beat up a bunch of random goons and for EXP each time). Anyone know what's up with that?

Fury451

Banned
I find it bizarre that I get no EXP from beating up mobs on the street, but I KNOW I did at one point (before I went on my first mission I explored and beat up a bunch of random goons and for EXP each time). Anyone know what's up with that?

I was wondering the same thing, I thought in the previous games you definitely got experience for every encounter you fart. Maybe they changed it so you don't level up too fast anymore or something.

Hagi

Holy fucking shit at that jump scare. You know the one.

Haven't gotten spooked like that since P.T., Jesus. Doesn't help that I had my volume way the fuck up.

I'm wearing my headphone and holy fuck I shat myself, was not expecting anything like that in this game.

Even the character bios are pretty dark, poor Christina.

RPGCrazied

Maybe I'm not far enough, just %3 with the story done, but how do you continue on with side missions? I did some of the finding the firefighters, dead body, and now even if I select the mission I don't get a map marker. Do I just need to do more story or what?

Travo

The Batmobile was fantastic when you get the winch and cross the roof tops. The forced races and tank battles, not so much.

Golgo 13

Maybe I'm not far enough, just %3 with the story done, but how do you continue on with side missions? I did some of the finding the firefighters, dead body, and now even if I select the mission I don't get a map marker. Do I just need to do more story or what?
I have this same question but I'm assuming it's on another part of the map, one of the locked ones.

I know people don't really like this kind of post, but I've been on my honeymoon and this game is waiting anxiously for me at our house. I don't have internet around our cabin so I can't keep up with this forum nor would I have time anyways.

So what's the general consensus so far? Are people liking it? How's the open world? How is the side content?

Thanks guys! I should be coming home tomorrow and I'm really excited to play it.
Congrats on the sex/marriage!

I can't answer your questions because I haven't picked it up yet but just wanted to say congrats!

ironcreed

Banned
Okay, I still like the batmobile. But the platforming with it across rooftops using the winch is pure garbage. Just awful game design... period.

So I'm flying around Gotham, just kinda chilling and having a good time...then...
Man Bat

giphy.gif

Something strange going on. I've been able to play the game no problem, but when I go to showcase it says my game is installing and it's taking hours. Anyone else experience this?

RPGCrazied

I have this same question but I'm assuming it's on another part of the map, one of the locked ones.

Yeah, that is what I'm thinking. I just wanted to do all side content before touching the story. That's just how I roll. And the batmobile is pretty fun, if not kinda erratic sometimes. Either goes to fast, or to slow. So, I just use batman for most of the traveling.

ZeroX03

Banned
Jonathan Banks has a very specific voice and it doesn't really work for Gordon.

John Noble is owning it as Scarecrow though.

Kneecap

I was wondering the same thing, I thought in the previous games you definitely got experience for every encounter you fart. Maybe they changed it so you don't level up too fast anymore or something.

We get xp by doing challenges and finishing missions. I don't think we get xp for random street battles. At least, I am not.

I think you do, but you don't see it. I beat a few random dudes on the street and thought I got no EXP, but when I leveled up later for something else, I saw that there were 3 upgrade points stocked. I definitely don't recall being notified for those.

RPGCrazied

You know that you don't 'have' to download those straight away right? Heard some people say that the game runs great even without the patch.

One thing I noticed is the initial boot up is much faster with the update installed. I played without the patch for a little bit.

Top Bottom