• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Gurish

I see all the complaints about the PC version and feel relieved the PS4 version was treated so well, it runs wonderfully and looks beautiful!

I want to do more side content, but most of them don't give me any markers when i select them, so how can i advance them? They will open up naturally as I progress through the campaign?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Very early side quest question-

for "the perfect crime", is there supposed to be a waypoint to where the second body is? How the heck do you find it? I've been all over the island and I haven't heard any "opera music". Any help?

On man, I didn't think you could do anything to the guy with the broken hand but I tried pressing buttons anyway because it seemed like Batman should do something and lol holy shit.

ironcreed

Banned
The game started off feeling like it was going to be amazing, but it is kind of going downhill for me with these AR training missions and the batmobile platforming. I hope it picks up because I am really starting to change my tune.

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but are there any trophies/achievements for Combat/Stalker challenges? I remember looking at them at one point and it didn't seem like it but I might've overlooked them or something.

WHAT

Been playing for 40 minutes or so, PS4 disc version without the patch installed. When on a rope you can drop to line launcher and there is an hilarious bug.

Right now I am getting pissed off with this game because I am playing from a DISC, and after doing like 3 missions I am stuck waiting in front of a door while the game says

PLEASE WAIT WHILE GAME DATA IS BEING INSTALLED

Seriously wtf is this shit?
This has to be a bug, playing from disc with patch installed:

dZep6cT.jpg

I've waited like 10 minutes, restarted from last checkpoint, no luck.

RPGCrazied

The game started off feeling like it was going to be amazing, but it is kind of going downhill for me with these AR training missions and the batmobile platforming. I hope it picks up because I am really starting to change my tune.

You don't have to do those AR missions, just saying. I'm not liking how they changed the buttons though. The item wheel for one thing, I liked it better in the last 2 games with the dpad.

Very early side quest question-

for "the perfect crime", is there supposed to be a waypoint to where the second body is? How the heck do you find it? I've been all over the island and I haven't heard any "opera music". Any help?
I think you have to progress further in the story before you can complete any of the early side missions. I also started another one (The firemen one) and the same thing happened.

ironcreed

Banned
You don't have to do those AR missions, just saying. I'm not liking how they changed the buttons though. The item wheel for one thing, I liked it better in the last 2 games with the 2 pad.

I don't know. The more I play, the more my initial positive impressions go south. It's bigger, prettier and the combat feels better, but other additions and the overall vibe is bringing it down for me.

ON the PS4 and having a major issue.

I am am just about to complete an objective, right when an install screen pops up and is stuck at 0%:

q6LTCTb.jpg

Anyone running into this? Any idea on how to fix it?

Having the same problem. At the police station. A quick google showed that it's a recurring thing. On my second install (and patch download..ugh), so we'll see

The more I played today the more I warmed up to the car and some of the stuff knight tries to do, i'm really enjoying it.

You can still do pred room strats like lead someone away from the door then go through it and skip fights, the first 2 hours or slow are boring compared to the level design later.

So any word on how the X1 version compares to the PS4 version?

I only own an xbox one so can't say but there are moments of frame drops, minor ones but noticible in the overworld. Such a good looking game though.

No idea on res because my tv is only 720p

So, I finally get why this was rated M. Jesus... I mean,
Barbra!!!!!
D:

Have to keep reminding myself this is a separate universe, otherwise I'll just be crying in the fetal position for the rest of my life. Oh God, the
Batgirl DLC
is going to hurt even more.

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
As soon as I got past the
Ace Chemicals
mission, the better the game has gotten for me. Thought the beginning was a bit boring, but it's taken a turn for the better afterward.

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but are there any trophies/achievements for Combat/Stalker challenges? I remember looking at them at one point and it didn't seem like it but I might've overlooked them or something.

I believe they're now called AR missions or challenges. In which case, yes there are trophies tied to them.

Caode

So, I finally get why this was rated M. Jesus... I mean,
Barbra!!!!!
D:

Have to keep reminding myself this is a separate universe, otherwise I'll just be crying in the fetal position for the rest of my life. Oh God, the
Batgirl DLC
is going to hurt even more.

Just finished the main story there now. It's easily the darkest entry in the series. Pull no punches.

Just finished the main story there now. It's easily the darkest entry in the series. Pull no punches.

It just huuuuuuuurts... Do think this is the best story in the series, thus far anyway. Was unsure about
Joker Durden
at first, but I eventually started to like it. Had some great lines that made me laugh a few times.

Spoiler about a returning character that doesn't shut the fuck up:
Seriously, I get it, the Joker is inside Batman. I fucking hate the character in the game because he won't shut the fuck up. This isn't tense, it's annoying. Why the hell does he need to pop up near constantly? It's insane.

I like the game, but between this and the Batmobile Riddler stuff, I really feel like it's the weakest in the series, including Origins.

I picked this up today for PS4 (late birthday present from my friend) and I've had no issues at all...runs great and looks great too

I'm using the Classic TV Series Batmobile skin and just kinda jumping between Batman skins to see them all

I am so jelly of y'all right now.

How does Batgirl play?

That DLC isn't out yet

Cindro

These mixed impressions are really throwing me off.

I foolishly spent some of my saving reserves today on an Xbone just so I could play Arkham Knight. It was by far my favorite new franchise of last gen, and in fact one of my favorite gaming series ever.

Haven't been able to play yet, but super hyped to get started in about an hour. But now I'm hesitantly worried that I'll fall on the side of "doesn't live up to the lofty Rocksteady standard".

Caode

It just huuuuuuuurts... Do think this is the best story in the series, thus far anyway. Was unsure about
Joker Durden
at first, but I eventually started to like it. Had some great lines that made me laugh a few times.

To be honest I thought it was a generally weaker story than both Asylum and City, but, it had some genuinely great moments in there through-out. Arkham City is probably my favourite game in the series story-wise. I had the same feeling as yourself regarding that element of the story but it did grow on me then eventually.

I foolishly spent some of my saving reserves today on an Xbone just so I could play Arkham Knight. It was by far my favorite new franchise of last gen, and in fact one of my favorite gaming series ever.

Haven't been able to play yet, but super hyped to get started in about an hour. But now I'm hesitantly worried that I'll fall on the side of "doesn't live up to the lofty Rocksteady standard".

I loved Asylum and City and this one is just as good.

Just change the control settings for the Batmobile and you're golden. Enjoy it.

It's still good, very good, probably one of the best games this year, and on next gen consoles so far, but it's not the game changer Asylum is, or the mini open world perfection (imo, some people like AC less than me) City is.

Fry

People are really disliking the game because of the Batmobile Riddler Challenges?

Wow. I loved the first one, havent played more, but cant see them getting much worse.

void666

Banned
Just found out you can queue grapple shots. Pretty useful to climb high buildings real fast.

I'm really loving the game so far. Even the riddler racing tracks.

I unlocked fps and it's all over the place. It's playable but i guess i'm going back to locked 30.

Top Bottom