• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

5 seconds of Batman. I think I should just play it now instead of making gifs.

r2vmlHc.gif

Cindro

I loved Asylum and City and this one is just as good.

Just change the control settings for the Batmobile and you're golden. Enjoy it.
Excellent - I even love Origins (just not as much as the first two). I'll toggle the Batmobile setting as soon as I start.

*thumbs up*

It's still good, very good, probably one of the best games this year, and on next gen consoles so far, but it's not the game changer Asylum is, or the mini open world perfection (imo, some people like AC less than me) City is.
City is incredible, but I never thought of it as "mini open world perfection". Not a benchmark in open world games by any stretch of the imagination, but it was perfectly competent at what it set out to do.

Origins, by contrast, doubled the size of the map for no real reason and it made traversal much less engaging.

I'm assuming Knight is a huge step up from Origins, based on everything I've seen. Extra mobility options with the Batmobile, more interesting visual landscapes, more people on the streets than in City or Origins (though still not many, of course) - so long as the sidequests and Riddler challenges are on-par with the level of quality in City, then I'll be golden.

It seems like the main complaint with Riddler stuff comes from people who don't like the Batmobile, but from all the pre-release footage I've seen I'm thoroughly convinced I'll fall on the side of "hell yeah this is so rad" while I'm blazing through the mean streets of Gotham.

Downhome

I would so like to try this game out for a few minutes before bed. But no, I have an update to download and install, the game itself to install, and on and on. This is the only aspect of this generation that I hate more than anything else. Ugh.

spyder_ur

Spoilers at about 3-4 hours:
The part with the winger creature is awesome, chasing it through the sky and figuring out how to take it down. Haven't finished the quest yet.
I am generally loving this game. I have to admit the Batmobile parts are the weakest overall though. The Batmobile combat feels a bit limited at this time, but maybe it will open up further down the line.

Grapping and flying through the air is nothing short of perfect. Beautiful and smooth and the longer grapple distance is nice.

Neff

Great call.

If you don't explore the GCPD building you're missing out.

Yeah. Not only is it awesome fanservice, but
you can get an important and useful item much earlier than the game tells you to

Very early side quest question-

for "the perfect crime", is there supposed to be a waypoint to where the second body is? How the heck do you find it? I've been all over the island and I haven't heard any "opera music". Any help?

You can either get lucky by
listening out for opera music while on your travels (the radius is large enough for you to hear it from an adjacent building or two), or you can listen out for the cops on the radio calling in dead bodies and make a mental note of their location. I think the placement may be random though. On my second run of the game, the second corpse was in a different place.

lcap

I never played any Arkham game before and I must say, what a game! The original control scheme should not even be default , after you switch, it's night and day. And this comes from a very tolerable with strange control schemes (yes, Neverdead)

The bat mobile does not feel out of place or forced for me, I'm just enjoying a lot the sequences. Well, so far so good.

ayeorkean

If the Batman skins are exclusive to PS4 why are they not available for purchase? Do you also have to purchase the season pass to unlock the skins?

GavinUK86

Without spoiling it, can I just stick to the main missions and then do the rest after the credits? I like getting told the story in one hit not spacing it between side stuff.

Call the Batmobile in at random times when you're in a street brawl for maximum hilarity. One time I did it at the same time a random police chase also crashed through and the Batmobile destroyed everything. It nearly flipped over while Batman was going through his "enter vehicle" animation. Looked broken and amazing. Wish I saved that clip.

The game itself is absolutely fantastic, including all the driving sections. Forgot how much I love slowly, stealthily clearing rooms.

Really, the only complaint, and its a major one, is the performance of the game. I want the 120fps I had for AC.

This has to be a bug, playing from disc with patch installed:

dZep6cT.jpg

I've waited like 10 minutes, restarted from last checkpoint, no luck.

Guys close the game and take the disc out, I've found that it is some bug that stops the game from loading, you can even hear your disc stop spinning. If you take the disc out and insert it again it will load. In fact go to the game menu once you stick the disc back in and you can watch it load on the progress bar. "

If you don't do this it will not load

Fry

3-4 hours

Can anyone help me with the first Riddler puzzle with the Batmobile and the ramps? I'm stumped and feel dumb.

Its a track and you have to run through it three times; each time the obstacles will be different, and youll have to press B to clear them off of your way.

Saint9806

So, I'm working on one of the first side missions trying to save the firemen. I found the first guy and then the green way point disappears but I have 16 more to save. It says they are spread throughout the city, something about the riots. I swear I drove all over the place and I can't find them at all. Am I supposed to go to a specific location?

the moment this game let me change into my bad ass 3000 suit and kick some ass i just had to buy the season pass, sorry guys im part of the problem but this game is so freaking good

Fry

So, I'm working on one of the first side missions trying to save the firemen. I found the first guy and then the green way point disappears but I have 16 more to save. It says they are spread throughout the city, something about the riots. I swear I drove all over the place and I can't find them at all. Am I supposed to go to a specific location?
Dunno, I assume theyll appear as we go on forward.

void666

Banned
Not that one I don't think, if that's the racing one. The one after that that's a puzzle.

Edit: Never mind - I got it and see what you mean. Thanks.

Well, you have to leave bats on the ? pad and remotely drive the batmobile over the ramp. Have you done that?

ZeroX03

Banned
I am so over these Batmobile dog fights. I don't mind them every now and again but there's too many and it's going to kill replays.

void666

Banned

Listen to radio talk. There's clues to everything that doesn't have a quest mark.

Well, you have to leave bats on the ? pad and remotely drive the batmobile over the ramp. Have you done that?

I didn't do this and exited the mission while getting 2 WP indicating I had passed the mission. Consequently I can't unlock the 2nd challenge. Now when I go back it won't let me redo it, instead it changes to a Time Trial. Riddler even says "You've done this before, I guess all the blows to your head have you confused" lol.

Do I have to restart? Should I keep playing and hopefully the game will register that I completed the first challenge even though I didn't step on the pad?

Basketball

Where are the Challenge maps and Why am I only limited to using Batman for the AR stuff ????????

Harley , Catwoman , Robin etc ????

WTF ROCKSTEADY

etta

my hard graphic balls
Guys, if I play Arkham Origins before getting Arkham Knight, will that burn me out on the gameplay? Are they too similar?

Mensrea

Questions for people with the game: I've played all three of the previous Batman games to 100 percent, and by origins I was getting bored with the slow motion animations at the end of fights and the combat animations in general. Has there been much of a change in those departments? Does combat look and feel fresh?

Any new non batmobile traversal methods? Grappel, glide repeat is incredibly fun no doubt, but did they expand on that at all?

How is the story in comparison to the previous titles without spoilers? Asylum was so money, but city and origins left me feeling flat.

Is Conroy's voice acting good? I've heard that the quality of his iconic snarl has gone down in this installment?

Is the batmobile really that bad? If yes, how? I really don't understand how a car could ruin the formula established in the previous entries, I have avoided all reviews to keep spoilers far from my mind, so I guess I don't really understand the complaint.

ZeroX03

Banned
Is the batmobile really that bad? If yes, how? I really don't understand how a car could ruin the formula established in the previous entries, I have avoided all reviews to keep spoilers far from my mind, so I guess I don't really understand the complaint.

It's not so much that the Batmobile is bad, it's that it's not as good as combat or predator and it's very overused. Basically a third of the game.

E the Shaggy

Ok, so I'm like two hours in:

The Joker...AGAIN! I mean it's nice that he's still dead and it's nice they actually got Hamill back (Was he making up the whole feud with WB?) but I was kind of looking forward to a game without him at all to be honest.

Also, what the hell is with the idea that Joker's blood "turns other people into the Joker"?? Joker's still just a regular guy.

MattyG

Banned
So I'm thinking of doing starting the game on hard when I get my PS4 copy. What little I was able to play of it on PC was incredibly easy.

quickwhips

This game is awesome but I feel like it could be just as awesome without the batmobile. :(

Might just be I'm horrible at driving it.

Top Bottom