• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Not gonna get this game for a while, but happy my expectations are being checked. I think I'll still really enjoy it, but I won't be caught by it's apparent weaknesses.

Speaking of weaknesses, I've noticed a lot of people complaining about the weird/bad control of the Batmobile. Could tighter or adapted controls be patched in by Rocksteady to improve things?

void666

Banned
Ok, so I'm like two hours in:

The Joker...AGAIN! I mean it's nice that he's still dead and it's nice they actually got Hamill back (Was he making up the whole feud with WB?) but I was kind of looking forward to a game without him at all to be honest.

Also, what the hell is with the idea that Joker's blood "turns other people into the Joker"?? Joker's still just a regular guy.

I was very annoyed by his presence at first. But i'm kind of liking him now. He is inside bruce's head. So he knows everything about batman. Some of his commentaries are pretty good.

And about the blood. Well, yeah it's silly. But ... comic books. Silly stuff like this is not unheard of.

ElRenoRaven

Not gonna get this game for a while, but happy my expectations are being checked. I think I'll still really enjoy it, but I won't be caught by it's apparent weaknesses.

Speaking of weaknesses, I've noticed a lot of people complaining about the weird/bad control of the Batmobile. Could tighter or adapted controls be patched in by Rocksteady to improve things?

I dunno. If they could patch in a sensitivity setting I'd be happier. I can't find one and I've searched though the menus. Just seems that the sensitivity is too high for my tastes. I found the Batmobile better once I found the toggle setting. Played a bit better that way but still too damn sensitive when in non tank mode.

void666

Banned

Just change battle mode to toggle instead of hold and you're good to go.
I just had this huge chase with everything breaking and crumbling around me. So badass. And the controls were fine.

BD1

Banned
Enjoying it, but (I never thought I'd say this) too much batmobile!!

Urgh, its not overly satisfying and the drone combat ain't so hot.

Ok, so I'm like two hours in:

The Joker...AGAIN! I mean it's nice that he's still dead and it's nice they actually got Hamill back (Was he making up the whole feud with WB?) but I was kind of looking forward to a game without him at all to be honest.

Also, what the hell is with the idea that Joker's blood "turns other people into the Joker"?? Joker's still just a regular guy.

As to the
blood
keep in mind the plot of Arkham Assylum and Arkham City, it ties back into those so it's not normal
Joker blood
but rather
titan mutated Joker blood

Everything is a problem. Couldn't do anything in the game because I got a "game data is still installing" message wherever I went, even though the game was already fully installed (with the update). Deleted it to try again, but this time without downloading the update, but then I couldn't do anything because my save file was from a more recent version. So now I have to wait for the 4gb update to install again before I can even play. And then on top of that the WBPlay account system is all sorts of screwed up. Apparently I already have an account linked to my PSN, but because of that I don't have a WB password so I can't log in to get my anime Batman skin.

What a mess.

Can't freaking wait for my copy to get here.

I really, really, really, really, really hope you can unlock the Arkham Knight suit for personal use at some point in the game. It looks so much cooler than the suit Batman has.

That would be awesome as heck, the Arkham Knight suit looks completely badass in all the videos.

Game Options -> Battle Mode Toggle
You sure? All I get in Game Options are these:
20813_10205700382882298_8810463370203704307_n.jpg

You have to play the entire first batmobile bit first, and then it unlocks the option for some stupid reason
Edit: Oh...well, there it is lol. Weird.

Doing a side mission early in the game, I done the first part of it
where you have to examine the body with your tissue analysis device
Now what do I have to do next, it says I have to find the killer by
listening to the opera music

There's no marker on the map so I assume I have to drive around try and find the
where the opera music is

komplanen

Doing a side mission early in the game, I done the first part of it
where you have to examine the body with your tissue analysis device
Now what do I have to do next, it says I have to find the killer by
listening to the opera music

There's no marker on the map so I assume I have to drive around try and find the
where the opera music is

Yup

The verbal and psychological abuse Batman takes is pretty damn brutal lol! Some of the stuff that is said to him had me shaking my head like, "Damn, that's fucked up!" lol.

Grisby

So yeah, the graphics are very nice. Super atmospheric.

No way points for the side question is a little off, but I guess that means I'll just have to dive more into the city. So far I don't have too much of a problem with the BMobile controls. It's just that shooting the tanks wasn't very much fun as their AI doesn't seem to be too good.

Harley is technically prequel DLC so I personally think that should be played first before the main game. I don't really know where Red Hood lies within the story, but I ended up playing that one right after Harley. Both aren't really that long, and that way I get them out of the way so I can just focus on the main game.
Awesome and thank you!

Soothsayer137

Neo Member
anyone having issues with the ps4 version, a buddy just called to let me know the online challenges were logging him off. although first day problems are the norm now

Reule

Anyone get a message on a leader board saying a connection to the PlayStation Network couldn't be established and other such information. Definitely was connected to PSN so did their servers take a drop for a bit?

Edit: Guess others are having the same issue!

anyone having issues with the ps4 version, a buddy just called to let me know the online challenges were logging him off. although first day problems are the norm now
I was doing some AR missions about a half hour ago and for some reason the leaderboard wouldn't work because it said it couldn't connect to PSN, even though I could look at my friends list and go on the store.

Outside of that it's been flawless.

SWEET JESUS!

The part where
you're playing as Gordon looking at the people infected by the Joker's blood and GODDAMN BATMAN IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU.
I never screamed louder in the game so far. Well it was more of an "ahhh why would you do that lol" but yeah, got me good.

Crap, just had my first crash, sound died and the screen went blank. Had to hard reset and everything.
Yeah, I'm going to report an issue as well. I had lost sound at the start of the Ace Chemicals mission and I was like "Huh, guess I'll restart". Application wouldn't close, PSN told me "please wait". Screen went pitch black, system wasn't responding, disc wouldn't eject, power button did nothing...

I was so afraid I was going to kill my PS4 by using my killswitch but it just hard reset, I lost no progress and all my data was fine. Just a fair warning if anyone has this happen to them.

Top Bottom