• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

shibbs

Do i have the download the scarecrow nightmare missions? Or are they just unlocked? I redeemed the code but no download was added. It did add an download for the skins and Harley content. I'm on the ps4 btw.

Sojgat

Do i have the download the scarecrow nightmare missions? Or are they just unlocked? I redeemed the code but no download was added. It did add an download for the skins and Harley content. I'm on the ps4 btw.

Sounds like something went wrong. It's over a gig and needs to be downloaded.

Nori Chan

Can somebody tell me if you can eventually play as Robin, Nightwing, or catwoman in challenge maps? Or is it just bats? Spoiler tag if necessary

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I had a system crash (PS4) tonight. It was while I was reloading a part in the game. I had no signal and I basically did a hard reset. I sent all my information to Sony in that box they give you for text.

I haven't had any other problems and it's working just fine at the moment.

lJ97K9U.png

Lt2Pixv.jpg

the most extreme treat yo'self yet

The Batmobile controls are fucking terrible. That first required Challenge is just fuckin' impossible for me. I can't do it and I'm about to throw the controller against the wall.

Doing an early side mission again, " The line of duty". where you have to
locate and rescue missing members of station 17 fire crew

After finding the first
firefighter
which was displayed on my map, there's nothing else showing up on the map telling me where to go next.

DrBo42

The Batmobile controls are fucking terrible. That first required Challenge is just fuckin' impossible for me. I can't do it and I'm about to throw the controller against the wall.

If you're driving up walls and stuff remember to barely touch steering. It's very sensitive and ends up working against you. Same with in-air controls.

If you're driving up walls and stuff remember to barely touch steering. It's very sensitive and ends up working against you. Same with in-air controls.

It's not that. I just can't avoid missiles and stuff while trying to shoot people because I keep accidentally hitting reverse or the Battle Mode button instead of the right one. And since I can't take any damage to finish the challenge, I keep missing.

DrBo42

It's not that. I just can't avoid missiles and stuff while trying to shoot people because I keep accidentally hitting reverse or the Battle Mode button instead of the right one. And since I can't take any damage to finish the challenge, I keep missing.

Oh... That's just something you kinda have to get used to.

Fliesen

is there any point to doing the Harley Mission pack prior to finishing the main game?

does it spoil the game's ending (like the Harley DLC for Arkham City)?

Loving the game so far. Currently at the point where you have to rescue
Catwoman from the Riddler
What looks kind of off to me are Batman's lackluster facial expressions during certain dialogues.

https://vid.me/e/Qk7C

that must have been the weirdest performance of a line of dialogue in the game so far.

which one? the one where you need to (battle mode) shoot down drone tanks or the one where you need to smash 10 cars?
if it's the latter, don't forget that ramming cars will also take them down.

get used to it. not every game should have to have the same exact controls. or just change the controls yourself.

which one? the one where you need to (battle mode) shoot down drone tanks or the one where you need to smash 10 cars?
if it's the latter, don't forget that ramming cars will also take them down.
The first one. I ALMOST finished the mission, but a tank spawned behind me and I couldn't hit it or move in time and lost all my progress.

get used to it. not every game should have to have the same exact controls. or just change the controls yourself.

I understand that games shouldn't have the same controls, but I cannot wrap my head around the controls as they are now. And I can't seem to figure out how to change them. When I go to controls, I don't see how to change settings. It just shows what the controls are.

Whatever. I'm done playing for now. I'll try again tomorrow and hopefully after some sleep will it click for me.

void666

Banned
Doing an early side mission again, " The line of duty". where you have to
locate and rescue missing members of station 17 fire crew

After finding the first
firefighter
which was displayed on my map, there's nothing else showing up on the map telling me where to go next.

Some of the sidequests will require you to roam the city while paying attention to radio talk.
Notice the direction and distance to the source. Sometimes it's just radio chatter. Sometimes it's a clue.

About radio chatter. I heard some thug talking about how he was in the asylum, blackgate and arkham city and never saw batman. Well, i had to change that.
Or another one saying "When you see batman, shout and charge him. Never fails."

I understand that games shouldn't have the same controls, but I cannot wrap my head around the controls as they are now. And I can't seem to figure out how to change them. When I go to controls, I don't see how to change settings. It just shows what the controls are.

Whatever. I'm done playing for now. I'll try again tomorrow and hopefully after some sleep will it click for me.

are you on the ps4? you can change the system control scheme.

zychi

Banned
The batmobile was a horrible addition to the series. It controls like shit with both control schemes and makes a bunch of near the end missions harder than they need to be

Some of the sidequests will require you to roam the city while paying attention to radio talk.
Notice the direction and distance to the source. Sometimes it's just radio chatter. Sometimes it's a clue.

About radio chatter. I heard some thug talking about how he was in the asylum, blackgate and arkham city and never saw batman. Well, i had to change that.
Or another one saying "When you see batman, shout and charge him. Never fails."

I see, thanks for the help.

Basketball

Can somebody tell me if you can eventually play as Robin, Nightwing, or catwoman in challenge maps? Or is it just bats? Spoiler tag if necessary

NOPE you can't Just Batman for now and it sucks right

What a way to put a damper on a good game too

what the hell happened I wonder

The WB forums are pissed about this

I had a system crash (PS4) tonight. It was while I was reloading a part in the game. I had no signal and I basically did a hard reset. I sent all my information to Sony in that box they give you for text.

I haven't had any other problems and it's working just fine at the moment.
I just had this happen to me.

Boy, if there's one thing I love, it's sliding puzzles. I honestly can't figure this out and it's infuriating. Worst part is I'm stuck on the fucking airship so I can't even go do something else. Jesus.

edit and as soon as i write this i figure it out. maybe time for bed.

Fliesen

The first one. I ALMOST finished the mission, but a tank spawned behind me and I couldn't hit it or move in time and lost all my progress.

yeah, that one took me a good 30 minutes as well.
(... which was not as annoying as my first real Predator challenge - the one where you need to kill the medic last...)

I'm super sure that you know these things but just in case: Only If the "line of fire" isn't red, the drone tanks shot will hit you.
Also, a turret hit is a one-shot kill.

But yeah, those are pretty obvious details that you know by know. It all comes down to rhythm and a bit of luck. if you keep one-shotting the tanks, there'll never be more than 3 or so around which makes it trivial to stay out of their lines of fire.

As a first time to the series. I feel really lost with the controls and how everything flows. I'm slowly getting there but it really seems to completely leave you on your own (minus those short tutorials when you get the suit) but even those are barebones. Is there a guide anywhere to getting the combat down?

i played all the batman games and even I feel lost sometimes.

Durden77

There's something about the contextual controls specifically with the predator stuff that just feels...off to me sometimes. Like I feel like I don't get the takedown option when I should at times. It's weird.

Also, where is the predator stuff? I feel like I've done like I've only done like 2 real instances of it and I've been playing for probably over 10 hours at this point. I get that there's a shit ton of things to do, but those were always definitely my favorite part of these games, so I'm starting to get dissapointed.

yeah, that one took me a good 30 minutes as well.
(... which was not as annoying as my first real Predator challenge - the one where you need to kill the medic last...)

I'm super sure that you know these things but just in case: Only If the "line of fire" isn't red, the drone tanks shot will hit you.
Also, a turret hit is a one-shot kill.

But yeah, those are pretty obvious details that you know by know. It all comes down to rhythm and a bit of luck. if you keep one-shotting the tanks, there'll never be more than 3 or so around which makes it trivial to stay out of their lines of fire.

Yeah, I mostly got the "tricks" figured out, but I just can't shoot them properly fast enough.

Pimpbaa

Loving the game mostly so far. I was frustrated with the batmobile at first, but now that I'm used to it I'm enjoying driving it (especially with tank mode set to toggle). Really sad that this will be the last batman game from Rocksteady. Although I certainly wouldn't mind another game from the guys who made Origins. I think that game was underrated and I think they could knock it out of the park if they were given another chance with the series.

Basketball

Wait the ones where you fight rooms full of enemies or have to predator take out a room?

Yes like in City and Asylum : Predator Maps/Combat Maps

City Expanded it with the modifiers and the multiple characters to use

this game seems like a giant step back at launch

tm24

So what am i doing wrong with getting this trophy outside of Pinkney Orphanage? I got it all the way down but i can't reach it.

EDIT: I had to stand at a very specific angle to get it. Yep, Riddler trophies are still dumb

Loving the game...actually really diggiing the (villain spoiler)
Joker hallucinations...feels almost like a really fucked up buddy comedy at times
and quite like a lot of the Batmobile stuff. Fuck the Riddler challenges though. The second car puzzle is the flatout worst thing that has ever come out of the Arkham series IMO.

Question for anyone who has finished it (ending structure spoiler):
I heard there were multiple endings...if this is true, do you need to do a ton of side stuff to get the "best" ending? I like mainlining Batman games and then finishing up side stuff after the story's over and I would hate to miss out because I didn't do all the bomb defusing or firefighter rescue earlier. On that same note, does the game dump you back into the world at the end or can the endings be so peremptory that that's an impossibility?

DrBo42

Loving the game...actually really diggiing the (villain spoiler)
Joker hallucinations...feels almost like a really fucked up buddy comedy at times
and quite like a lot of the Batmobile stuff. Fuck the Riddler challenges though. The second car puzzle is the flatout worst thing that has ever come out of the Arkham series IMO.

Question for anyone who has finished it (ending structure spoiler):
I heard there were multiple endings...if this is true, do you need to do a ton of side stuff to get the "best" ending? I like mainlining Batman games and then finishing up side stuff after the story's over and I would hate to miss out because I didn't do all the bomb defusing or firefighter rescue earlier. On that same note, does the game dump you back into the world at the end or can the endings be so peremptory that that's an impossibility?

You just need to finish the Most Wanted missions to get the final ending. It'll make sense when you complete the story, there's no point of no return.

Sojgat

Except the fact you can't use other characters anymore , no modifiers

The number of AR challenges is way less than in City, and even Asylum.

I'm pretty disappointed by it. Challenge maps are half the reason I love these games, and I really don't like how they're presented here.

Gotta save some stuff for the DLC.

Which is absolutely disgusting. Nothing like stripping features out of your game and selling them back piecemeal.

As a first time to the series. I feel really lost with the controls and how everything flows. I'm slowly getting there but it really seems to completely leave you on your own (minus those short tutorials when you get the suit) but even those are barebones. Is there a guide anywhere to getting the combat down?

What's got you all muddled? You can get by for the first while almost exclusively on strikes and counters. Dodges are helpful too. Don't spam buttons. All the extra shit you can sorta work in over time as you get more comfortable.

You can use the dodge button to juke a short distance to one side or the other too. It can be helpful when you're right in the path of a shot and can't move fast enough. Focus on avoidance first, shooting things second. You'll get it. I have faith!

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't care if they're DLC or not, I just want traditional challenge maps where I can pick my character/duo. That's tens of hours of gameplay right there.

Top Bottom