• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

bombshell

It's annoying me greatly that the leaderboards are saying I'm not signed in to PSN even though I am. I want my challenge scores to be posted :(

They were working yesterday.

The Batmobile has received a mixed reaction to say the least, but let's forget that for a second and take a moment to savor the amount of Batman nonsense you can do in this game. Really stellar animation and flowing gameplay.

AK15-2.gif

AK9.gif

AK31048f.gif

AK13b1df4.gif

AK6.gif
(check those disrespectful ground kicks. Asshole Batman has no respect for criminal scum)

Durden77

Just had a deal where everytime my game would load I was falling under the map. Gott some screenshots and a video. Luckily it fixed itself once I exited the game.

Maximus.

This game is fucking awesome. Graphics and controls for the most part are great. Only annoying thing is when you use the batmobile and have to make quick turns. 20% through the story apparently.

I'm stuck, I am on top of the roof with my batmobile, it says fire winch at the building across the ramp, but when I pull back nothing happens. Not sure what to do.

"Power up the Panessa Studios Antenna with the bat mobile power winch"
G5UaI7P.jpg

f@luS

More than a member.
Not going to lie, I'm appalled with the IQ on X1. It doesn't even look 900p.

This is my first Batman game and it's taking me a while to get used to traversing around, but I'm loving it so far. The batmobile is awesome.
feels like 720p on ps4, so blurry...while its 1080p so i understand you

Jofamo

I'm stuck, I am on top of the roof with my batmobile, it says fire winch at the building across the ramp, but when I pull back nothing happens. Not sure what to do.

G5UaI7P.jpg

Don't pull back, push forward instead and hang off the side, then pull yourself up!

yeah this is the most batman game ever, with the inclusion of the batmobile and also all the allies around the city it feels so much like a day in the life of the gawd. i'm starting to really enjoy it now.

pc port is shit tho....batmobile sucks ass too.

does anybody know how to do that jump onto an enemy car like i've been seeing in these gifs. it looks really awesome.

zychi

Banned

G5UaI7P.jpg
Drive to and up the wall, then
Rev your engine. The bottom right should have changed.

I really enjoyed the story of this. Game played great on PC for me. Managed to earn new game plus+ but I need to do all the side missions to get the true ending I guess.

SomTervo

G5UaI7P.jpg

pull forward

Edit: i'm thinking of the wrong bit i think, ignore me

Fliesen

G5UaI7P.jpg

yeah, just drive off the ledge and then "climb" the wall in front of you.

edit: beaten, should refresh tabs before posting.

does anybody know how to do that jump onto an enemy car like i've been seeing in these gifs. it looks really awesome.

Just glide up to them and the game will prompt you hit the button. It's easiest when you drop straight down on them, or when going really fast from the Batmobile eject. I've wasted so much time jumping on different cars for no reason. So much fun.

AK14.gif

AK12.gif

AK12dff5.gif

Ame

Someone please tell me challenge maps still exist in this game. So far I just have the AR challenges and some of the Batmobile stuff unlocked. Where are my combat and predator maps? Those use to be available from the get go.

Someone please tell me challenge maps still exist in this game. So far I just have the AR challenges and some of the Batmobile stuff unlocked. Where are my combat and predator maps? Those use to be available from the get go.
You had to unlock the challenges through the Riddler stuff previously. I'm pretty sure the AR stuff has replaced the maps. But there are still combat and predator maps.

obin_gam

Had a friend of mine who loves the first two games and tolerated the third game (origins). Said that the acting in this Batman is atrocious. I haven't played it yet. FWIW, i thought the first two games were fantastic. Is there a big difference? From the trailers, I wasn't digging the new voice for Gordon, even though I know the guy is a great actor.

When pushed on whether it was the new Gordon who was atrocious or everyone overall, he texted: EVERYBODY.

It's always been a little cheeseball, I've not noticed any rise or drop in quality in this chapter. I'm not huge on Arkham Knight, but that's much more about his dialogue and the direction of his character than the quality of the VA.

I have to say Doug Cockle as Geralt in Witcher 3 does a better Batman than Kevin Conroy in this game. The former actually sounds like he has emotions (and does an awesome "tired of this shit"-voice) compared to Conroy who just sounds like he got the job because otherwise fanboys would have raised hell. Conroy is finished as Batman, I hope developers looks somewhere else for the next Batman game.

Fliesen

Without spoiling the ending does it allow you to go back and do all the Most Wanted Missions after you have finished?

i do believe Arkham City allowed you to do side mission stuff after completing the game.

cmiiw.

which is why i'd presume you'd be able to go for 100% even after beating the story. That's pretty much how most open world games handle things.

Ok, just got the new
batsuit
And I have to do some 'VR' training, but I'm having trouble passing one ( where you have to glide through all the checkpoints). Can I still proceed with the game without completing it?

Ame

You had to unlock the challenges through the Riddler stuff previously. I'm pretty sure the AR stuff has replaced the maps. But there are still combat and predator maps.

Yeah, I remember unlocking challenge maps via Riddler stuff, but I think some maps where already available as soon as you load up the game for the first time. Hopefully they're unlocked as I progress.

Anyone know how you unlock new characters in the AR/challenge modes? Also does the game let you free-roam as other characters, or is that being saved for DLC?

Ok, just got the new
batsuit
And I have to do some 'VR' training, but I'm having trouble passing one ( where you have to glide through all the checkpoints). Can I still proceed with the game without completing it?
Yeah, you can go back to them like to any challenge.

Hey,

If I buy the season pass. What content is available now?
One skin (set of skins?), the Flashpoint one IIRC.

Anyone know how you unlock new characters in the AR/challenge modes?
By buying DLC.

Also does the game let you free-roam as other characters, or is that being saved for DLC?
Nope, DLC.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Whats the best upgrades?

Atm I've mainly went for more health, the upgrades seem a bit boring tbf

Cairnsay

Banned
Put a good three hours into the PS4 version last night (once the patch and DLC finally downloaded), really enjoying it so far. The car combat I could take or leave, but I do enjoying using it to solve various puzzles, ie
the lift at ACE chemicals.

Because I am insane, I purchased the season pass last night, can anyone confirm there is nothing to actually download as part of the season pass? Once I purchased it nothing really happened other than the PSN Store thanking me for buying it. Still even advertises it at the main menu in the game.

SomTervo

I played a lot last night. I haven't grown tired of the tank stuff yet, but man do I hate the winch stuff. My only other complaints really are the rubber/plastic humans and Rocksteady just cannot make female faces. I also can't stand Jonathan Banks as Gordon.

Idk man. The waitress looked phenomenal. And also there's a female officer in GCPD who looks great. Catwoman is okay, too. I don't think the female faces are that bad.

Changing Gordon's VA was a mistake. Banks is still decent, but it was still a mistake.

The sheer terror you hear when you start chasing dudes in your bat-mobile is so damn satisfying. Really does make you feel like the goddamn Batman.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really get the tank gameplay. Like, when you're in regular Batman combat or stealth mode you have so many different ways of moving around a space and making it your own. In tank mode, you have, like, one objective always: avoid the lines. I won't argue as to whether or not that's any fun, but it is unquestionably much, much less expressive.

Sure, the traversal rooms are usually one-solution situations, but at least each one feels kind of novel. The avoid-the-lines thing feels like it should be a one time set-piece.

I have to say Doug Cockle as Geralt in Witcher 3 does a better Batman than Kevin Conroy in this game. The former actually sounds like he has emotions (and does an awesome "tired of this shit"-voice) compared to Conroy who just sounds like he got the job because otherwise fanboys would have raised hell. Conroy is finished as Batman, I hope developers looks somewhere else for the next Batman game.
The voice acting (and dialogue in general) was far superior in Origins. Conroy needs to go. Give Roger Craig Smith the job full-time.

obin_gam

I have these batman skins: City, Knight, Adam West, 3000 and New52.
But I still have one free slot.
So what skin is missing?

Fliesen

Whats the best upgrades?

Atm I've mainly went for more health, the upgrades seem a bit boring tbf

i'm not too far into the game, but so far i did 2 health/armor upgrades, reload speed on the 60mm cannon and super duper mega grapple boost.

anything that is a passive bonus that "speeds up" things, really.

Top Bottom