• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Lucreto

Okay this in-game installing it getting ridiculous. It's so slow it is like playing in episodes.

I hit a install window just as I got to GCPD. I could not continue until today. I got towards the end of Ace Chemicals where
Joker appears behind Batman while installing the canisters
and back to the install screen.

Still 24 hours to go until if finishes. This is the last time I try digital.

It requires skill and timing. How isn't that fun and rewarding?
I mean, if someone who says the batmobile sections are bad could upload a clip to show and prove that they are good at it, I'd certainly be persuaded.
I think people just get frustrated with it and since those parts of the game aren't as immediate as the combat, they mark them as badly designed or just plain boring, instead of pushing through and enjoy the tank sections for the challenge and the chasing sections for the elating feeling of pure overpower XD
And I'm saying there's little challenge in the tank sections and by the time you're through, it's a snorefest.
Honestly, they don't require much skill, there's three-four attacks and everything is phoned in so it's pretty barebones.
Have you actually done the story? It got really old for me towards 70-80% and I'd have been more generous with them before.

I switched the difficulty to Hard because I wasn't getting enough of a challenge.

Any chance the progress I will be making on Hard from now to the end of the game will count toward that trophy, so that I only have to redo the early part of the game after? That's what I did with The Last of Us but that was a more linear game...

Anyone else feels like Batman's lines are so generic ?

A character could have a great lengthy dialogue and Batman will answer it with a generic "I'll handle it" / "Anything can happen" etc. Basically one liners that feels like they were voiced out of context but used here just like that.

From what I've played so far the dialogue in general is mediocre. This line in particular is just plain awful: "Hey Batman, I think I'm starting to be attracted to Poison Ivy. Is this normal?"

RPGCrazied

Man, I can't wait to see who the Arkham Knight is, its really making me think just who can it be.

Just about the part where gordon's
daughter was shot.
(major spoiler)

Sober

Yeah but that's exactly what I don't get. So this sections make the game harder: what's wrong with that?
Just an observation, mostly. Encounter progress is gated pretty straightforward for the most part, there's actually very few the game throws at you than doesn't get an introduction tutorial or whatnot - except all the stuff you were supposed to know from AC.

I made it through with very little sidequest progress on hard, mostly spent points on the Batmobile for HP, same with the batsuit. I don't think I had more than a dozen upgrade points spent across the other categories. You start with all the moves for combat/predator to get you through to the end (except crit hits, but it's cheap to pick up).

Most points went to Batmobile HP and weapons cause the game loves throwing dozens of drones at you at a time.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Had a good time running around last night, and really enjoyed the very unexpected scare when I was climbing up some random building and
Man-Bat jumped out of fucking nowhere
. That was great.

Had a good time running around last night, and really enjoyed the very unexpected scare when I was climbing up some random building and
. That was great.

Yep that caught me too. I actually yelled "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!"

I have some questions regarding the end of the ACE chemical mission. I completed it last night but I must have missed some key parks. DO NOT read if you haven't beat this mission.

-Why exactly is it Batman's fault that Scarecrow took Gordon's daughter?
-The Joker isn't real, he is caused by Batman inhaling the toxin, as Batman is afraid of the Joker, right? Then what happened in the scene where you drop into the clocktower and the Joker shoots Gordon's daughter? What exactly happened to her there?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
. That was great.

Just came across this, I had to pause the game and catch my breath afterwards. I hope that's the last damn jump scare in the game.

I have some questions regarding the end of the ACE chemical mission. I completed it last night but I must have missed some key parks. DO NOT read if you haven't beat this mission.

-The Joker isn't real, he is caused by Batman inhaling the toxin, as Batman is afraid of the Joker, right? Then what happened in the scene where you drop into the clocktower and the Joker shoots Gordon's daughter? What exactly happened to her there?

Joker shooting Barb is a memory, that's how she wound up in a wheelchair in the first place.

bryanee

So how exactly do some people manage to complete these games by just spamming punch? There are enemies that you cant do that against.

BFIB

20150624_115831_zpsz4ndsqxj.jpg

Finally! Comic book is way nicer than I thought it would be.

Sucks it delayed a day, but worth it now that I see the hardcover.

NZerker12

I just found out that apparently the AR challenges are only available to batman and you can't play them as any other character. I find this pretty crappy since I loved playing the challenge maps as Robin and Nightwing in AC.

Knowing WB it's probably going to be dlc for the shitty season pass.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Batmobile sucks dick.

Game just crashed and took my PS4 with it.

hbkdx12

It's his fault because Barbara wasn't suppose to be in Gotham after Scarecrow placed the threat. She'd been lying to her dad saying she evacuated with everyone else when in reality she works with batman and therefore was still in harms way

The joker shooting Barbara was a flashback. It's how she became paralyzed and in the wheelchair

Skunkers

When do you get the
remote electrical charge gun?
Im 80% on the main story but still don't have it, needed it for like half the game for a Riddler challenge
final challenge to save Catwoman

It's in the GCPD Evidence Room. You just have to find it (back wall in the room with all the stuff from Asylum and CIty), and punch out the glass.

So how exactly do some people manage to complete these games by just spamming punch? There are enemies that you cant do that against.

Simply spamming punch will get you killed in this game. If there are enemies where punching doesn't work, try press circle to stun them with your cape and then beat them down. If they have shields then do the same thing but double tap X towards them to disarm them.

And for anyone having trouble with the dudes with blades, remember that you don't have to hold triangle and flick the left stick downwards three times, you can just hold it. It took me until I was halfway through City to realise this, lol.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So how lengthy is the game? Does it feel meaty? Debating if I should buy it now at full price or wait a few weeks and get it for 40.

Lancelot

GAF, the two PlayStation only DLC's are pre-order only? I have the PSN base game and season pass, bought yesterday night and both are missing from my account. They are not on the PS Store either. Please help me.

The PlayStation only DLC's are:

- Scarecrow Nightmare Missions
- Bonus skins

Blader

A character could have a great lengthy dialogue and Batman will answer it with a generic "I'll handle it" / "Anything can happen" etc. Basically one liners that feels like they were voiced out of context but used here just like that.

Not just in this game, I think Conroy -- both in direction and writing -- comes off as extremely underwhelming and lame in all three games.

Which is a race track of all things :lol

Isn't the first challenge
blowing up tanks?

I was able to select the toggle option and haven't done any race stuff yet.

BFIB

Should have brought back the guy who voiced Batman in Origins.

I'm trying so hard not to by this game. I don't want to shell out $50 for the season pass, but I can't wait 6-8 months for the inevitable Game of the Year edition.

Halp

I'm probably in the minority, but I like the batmobile. It adds a new fragrance to the game. I got sick of the traversal in AC pretty quickly, so it is nice to have something else. Also the entrance/exit is so fucking sick, Rocksteady are sorcerers.

I also like the physics, there is nothing that I hate more in open world games than vehicles that basically drive themselves. Takes a bit of time to warm up to, but I am already starting to master it. Also makes the Riddler races fun. But I also liked the physics in GTA4, so what do I know. :) Bottom line: Challenge>>>Dumbed down.

I'm probably in the minority, but I like the batmobile. It adds a new fragrance to the game. I got sick of the traversal in AC pretty quickly, so it is nice to have something else. Also the entrance/exit is so fucking sick, Rocksteady are sorcerers.

I also like the physics, there is nothing that I hate more in open world games than vehicles that basically drive themselves. Takes a bit of time to warm up to, but I am already starting to master it. Also makes the Riddler races fun. But I also liked the physics in GTA4, so what do I know. :) Bottom line: Challenge>>>Dumbed down.

Completely agree. It's a welcome addition for me, and once you get the hang of the controls it becomes a lot of fun.

hbkdx12

Woah, goddamn. How did those few people finish it in 12 hours? Not bad then, I might get it soon if it's that lengthy.

There's a lot to get lost in.

My experience so far has been that the game will throw completely new side mission story arcs at you while you're off doing something else for another mission to the point that you look up and suddenly you have a bunch of side missions that you could be doing.

Fliesen

those riddler batmobile segments are starting to annoy me.

That first "detective mode reconstruction of events" (when you analyze what happened to and around the crashed car
Oracle
was in) was pretty fucking baller.

Dez_

Not sure thats happened to me yet? Unless it has but I didn't jump aha
Post Ace Chemical

It has to do with
The first person part when playing as Gordon. After looking at the four people, turning around will have you face to face with Batman. That one I saw coming, but I totally jumped at the Joker part.

Seventy70

I can see what they were going for with the action movie vibe, but a lot of the dialogue and scenes just fall flat on their face. There isn't a build up or anything, it just feels sort of shallow and artificial.

Did they remove Batswarm takedown? I'm looking at Batman's moves set and I don't see it. I think they removed another takedown too because there used to be four takedowns you could do with the face buttons but I only see two now, and I don't have any moves locked.

Top Bottom