• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

I got lucky, and managed to pick up the last Batman themed PS4 at my local gamestop without pre-ordering. About to boot up the game now, hopefully it's as good as people say.

Had a good time running around last night, and really enjoyed the very unexpected scare when I was climbing up some random building and
Man-Bat jumped out of fucking nowhere
. That was great.

Yep that caught me too. I actually yelled "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!"

Just came across this, I had to pause the game and catch my breath afterwards. I hope that's the last damn jump scare in the game.

Joker shooting Barb is a memory, that's how she wound up in a wheelchair in the first place.

I was playing at night around 2am with headphones connected and this happened out of nowhere and it gave me a jolt. Didn't see it coming, love Rocksteadys fine touches to the games narrative and sequences.

Seventy70

No, nothing graphics related. Just the flow of the game is weird to me, I got faster into Arkham City but I'm not there with this game yet.

I feel the same way. I hate to use the word, but it feels sort of soulless. It feels like there was not intro or development. It's just straight to the climax of an action movie.

I got lucky, and managed to pick up the last Batman themed PS4 at my local gamestop without pre-ordering. About to boot up the game now, hopefully it's as good as people say.

Are you a fan of Batman, did you grow up watching Batman Animated TV series, animated movies, cinemas and Arkham games? Then you're in for a show tonight son!! Game cranks up the feeling of excitement right from the start

GAF, the two PlayStation only DLC's are pre-order only? I have the PSN base game and season pass, bought yesterday night and both are missing from my account. They are not on the PS Store either. Please help me.

The PlayStation only DLC's are:

- Scarecrow Nightmare Missions
- Bonus skins

Yeah, it seems that way. I bought my copy from PSN on Monday night around 9:30 pm, pacific, abd did not receive those DLCs.

I made a few posts in the PS blog about, but no official responses were given.

It's pretty shitty as retail copies include the codes in the box.

TheOddOne

I feel the same way. I hate to use the word, but it feels sort of soulless. It feels like there was not intro or development. It's just straight to the climax of an action movie.
I think that might be it, or part of why I’m just not getting into. Just, I haven’t cared for any of the characters so far—even the big events have left me numb. I’ll keep playing, but it is not clicking and that worries me, because I loved the Arkham games.

0racle

Ok, this is my first game I have played in the series and im LOVING it but in terms of combat....welll...

oU7u8MM.gif

I am winning, Im about 40% through the main story but when I fight I dont feel like im doing anything methodical. I feel like Its my first time playing video games and all I do is mash buttons and wait until the XP screen pops up so I can stop.

Help me Gaf.

Dez_

Do I need to wander around until I trigger some dialogue with some of these sidequests? I feel like I'm trying to find a few needles in a haystack looking for those firefighters and
that opera killer person
and really haven't made headway on either for a few hours.

Ok, this is my first game I have played in the series and im LOVING it but in terms of combat....welll...

oU7u8MM.gif

I am winning, Im about 40% through the main story but when I fight I dont feel like im doing anything methodical. I feel like Its my first time playing video games and all I do is mash buttons and wait until the XP screen pops up so I can stop.

Help me Gaf.

Don't worry, you're playing it right. =]

nOoblet16

Seems like every Arkham Knight mission has a cobra tank mid section...this shit is boring. They all play out the same way, only difference is that they have higher numbers now. Cobra tank encounters are horrible.

Should have brought back the guy who voiced Batman in Origins.
He was actually great imo...really delivered on a young Batman.

Kevin Conroy simply hasn't been good for the Arkham games. But then Origins was made by WB and not Rocksteady so different (and better) writers

So I am a bit stuck at the moment as I am trying to do the Riddler missions. In trying to get across to do his seventh triaI, I can't get to the church courtyard with the Batmobile because I need to restore power to Penitence Bridge.

Essentially, how do I restore power to the bridges? I'm sure I've done it already once, but either I actually haven't or I have forgotten.

Ta!

bobawesome

I wasn't too sure about the Batmobile at first but after getting used to it, I love it. I'm enjoying the game far more than Arkham City as well. This was a good buy.

zychi

Banned
Woah, goddamn. How did those few people finish it in 12 hours? Not bad then, I might get it soon if it's that lengthy.

Lots of sidequests. I beat the main story in 10. Took another 8 plus screwing around to finish everything but the Riddler trophies.

There is something off about this game, but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

after 3+ hrs, i agree. really enjoyed both aa & ac (skipped origin), but ak, despite that fact that it looks/runs great, really does feel very 'empty' to me. & the addition of the batmobile, & the batmobile combat, does nothing so much as just add to that hollowness...

Naar

I reached the part where i have to follow a truck with a buddy of mine into a hideout

The problem is i died on my way there and when the game respawned me the main mission indicator doesnt show the mission anymore :(

I even forgot which part of the citiy im supposed to be in to even look for the van or hideout

Can someone help?

I tried to be as spoiler free as possible

0racle

Lots of sidequests. I beat the main story in 10. Took another 8 plus screwing around to finish everything but the Riddler trophies.

please don't spoil anything, but I hear there is an extended/alternate ending? what does one have to do to get this? I heard its tied to some side quests.

Yes game, I know that I need to recharge my ability to do fear takedowns by performing silent takedowns. I'm halfway through the game, and it's still telling me that after every use of it, and than keeping it on screen until I do it. Like this is insane. I'm not an idiot. Stop treating me like one.

For the love of god someone please tell me how to finish this, I've been stuck here for the past 2 hours :(

[youtube]XBy-g02eBiE[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBy-g02eBiE

Pleae Gaf, give me a write up

The numbers on one side correspond to the character on the other. So determine which number is first in the sequence by throwing a Batarang at the Riddler symbols until you determine the first number (1-5), then the sequence following that number is the sequence to hit the question marks.
Hope that helps.

Vire

Yes game, I know that I need to recharge my ability to do fear takedowns by performing silent takedowns. I'm halfway through the game, and it's still telling me that after every use of it, and than keeping it on screen until I do it. Like this is insane. I'm not an idiot. Stop treating me like one.
Arkham City did the same thing. It would tell me the most basic shit on the final mission.

Just weird.

Does hard mode offer more enemies to fight? I'm finding that playing on normal is inadequate for building up my xp.

What upgrades should be essential early on for those looking to increase combo variations? In Asylum and City, I always made it a point to go for upgrades that added new combat moves. The whole layout is confusing to me. I'm at Ace Chemical right now, and because the battles are way to short, I can't build up my xp.

Seems like every Arkham Knight mission has a cobra tank mid section...this shit is boring. They all play out the same way, only difference is that they have higher numbers now. Cobra tank encounters are horrible.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was complaining about earlier. I like the racing parts but the tank parts are really boring. I mean who thought (80% spoiler IIRC)
the Cloudflare battle
was a good idea.

zychi

Banned
please don't spoil anything, but I hear there is an extended/alternate ending? what does one have to do to get this? I heard its tied to some side quests.
There are 3 total endings. 100% the main story(the middle top in mission select) for an ending

Beat the game and finish 7 of the "most wanted" missions, basically finish 7 more missions in the mission select screen besides Riddler

100% the game including all Riddlers for the true ending(I didn't do this, I just youtubed the final ending)

bombshell

oU7u8MM.gif

Help me Gaf.

Timing the button presses is much better than just mashing the buttons.

Also go to the WTech tab (where you upgrade) and check out the category in the middle. It has tutorial explanations for everything, the combat category should have some good tips for you.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So let me get this straight, absolutely no dedicated Challenge Maps? Just replaying tutorial "AR" missions?
This can't be right

I'm really enjoying the Batmobile stuff, but I'm only just beyond Ace Chemicals. Even though what I'm hearing suggests the encounters are quite samey, I'm totally okay with that because it's a joy to control to me.

Absolutely loving it as a whole so far, feels like the Batman game.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Three hours in and it feels like I'm spent 80% of that doing shitty Batmobile stuff.

I'm loving the Batmobile, probably because I didn't see any trailer so my hype was normal.

Question: can I play DLC mission later in the game? I don't want to wait for 20 hours of download of patch and DLCs....

bombshell

I'm loving the Batmobile, probably because I didn't see any trailer so my hype was normal.

Question: can I play DLC mission later in the game? I don't want to wait for 20 hours of download of patch and DLCs....

The DLC story packs are separate from the game and played from the main menu.

Alienous

2 hours or so after finishing the game and I feel like I enjoyed Asylum and City much more than this. This is on par with Origins for me.

Exactly right.
You can only use Batman as well!

That isn't true.

You get to use another character who plays very much like Batman, and you get to use Batman & Nightwing in a buddy map.

The way Arkham Knight handles challenges suck. I think I'm pretty much done with this game.

Voidance

I'm about 6 hours in and I love the game. Nothing has captured the feeling of being the Batman as well as this game. I'm enjoying the story as well (possibly because I'm ploughing through it only right now) and look forward to playing more, Batmobile and all.

I'm also a lifelong fan of Batman, so there's my bias. Can't wait for work to get over so I can put the cowl on!

Sheppard

I think I am missing something. Isn't there a move that you can pick up a person from the ground then throw them? I know there is a Challenge map locked behind it. I am 40ish percent through the game and just feel something I am missing it.

Top Bottom