• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Bumhead

Banned
'just a touch'/'just maybe a little quality control', eh? glad you're enjoying the game, but i think you're being just a little too kind :) ...

Honestly, I think it's just a case of variable mileage.

In terms of the mechanics, I actually like controlling the Batmobile and think it's fun to play around with. I still think the game strays just over the line, but I'm still enjoying it.

Obviously if you don't enjoy the mechanics of piloting it, either in battle mode or driving, those same sections are going to feel like much more of a chore to you.

There aren't any other controller configurations for the batmobile are there? I thought I saw someone mention it earlier but I'm not seeing a way to change anything.

On Demand

Banned
Thinking of not even opening the game (PS4)
and returning it. These impressions do not sound good at all. Looks like a lot of reviews were off the mark with this game?

If you like AC then you'll like AK. I've only played for 5 hours last night and i was hooked. Graphics are amazing, OMG at the rain effects and lighting. Everything looks and feels organic and alive. The city is dense and packed with little details. Details alot of players overlook. Not me. I love exploring just like i did in AC.......NOT JUST PLAYING THE MAIN STORY. The combat improves over AC imo. Really, the gameplay is on point. The intro is the best in the series (I didn't want to do it, i kept stalling :(- )

As a hater of the batmobile from seeing all the previews.......i........i actually like it! -_-*

Yeah some of the combat parts are dumb, but driving it is fun. Calling it from out of nowhere feels so damn good. Did you know you could use it during free flow? \o/........The sound of the engine alone is worth it enough. That said i still prefer the traditional walking and flying around since i like to take in everything.

You need to play it and see if you like it yourself honestly. Don't let the negative impressions ruin it for you.

bombshell

There aren't any other controller configurations for the batmobile are there? I thought I saw someone mention it earlier but I'm not seeing a way to change anything.

You can put the battle mode on toggle mode in gameplay options. It will change up the batmobile control scheme a little.

I'm in the police station and one of the officers is glowing green? I tried interacting with him but nothing. Anyone know what's up. In terms of story I've just done the mission where you get the Batmobile over to the second island.

ODDI

Just tuned into a PS4 stream immediately saw 3 major spoilers in less than a minute lol no biggi still not sure if I wanna pick up a copy.

Honestly, I think it's just a case of variable mileage.

In terms of the mechanics, I actually like controlling the Batmobile and think it's fun to play around with. I still think the game strays just over the line, but I'm still enjoying it.

Obviously if you don't enjoy the mechanics of piloting it, either in battle mode or driving, those same sections are going to feel like much more of a chore to you.

i'm not disagreeing. but integrating a completely new form of gameplay into an established series? i'd say better to risk under-using it first time around, or making most of it optional, rather than over-using it, & thereby isolating a number of fans in the process. which, unfortunately, rocksteady's clearly done here...

robotrock

Banned
What is the exclusive Scarecrow content the PS4 version gets? I finished the PC port earlier and would like to know what else I have missed out on.

BY2K

Membero Americo
That's a very nice view of Harley the game gives us when
you carry her after knocking her out.

Drayco21

What is the exclusive Scarecrow content the PS4 version gets? I finished the PC port earlier and would like to know what else I have missed out on.

They're race missions through each of the three islands, except they're on fire and needles come out of the road, with each ending in a tank fight with a giant Scarecrow.

void666

Banned
I've been wondering about arkham knight's identity.

The only character i can think of is jason todd. Young male, well trained, grudge against batman. But i don't know every character in the batverse.
Yeah, i know i can just google it. But i don't want to be spoiled.

RACING MISSIONS (and a little bit of Tank combat at the end)

I'm basing this on part 1 but I'm sure I'm right.

Edit: Totally right.

JonnyKong

Man it's really annoying when I'm trying to do a beat down on a brute and another bad guy comes up behind you and you have to end the beatdown too soon so you can counter the other guy.

Are there any other ways of taking out the bigger guys apart from just doing the beatdown? I find myself saving them to the end of large groups cos it's so frustrating trying to knock them out whilst countering everyone else.

Scarecrow missions are races...not more of those badass scarecrow missions from Asylum? That sucks. I don't mind the batmobile, but they use it plenty enough in the main story already.

Man it's really annoying when I'm trying to do a beat down on a brute and another bad guy comes up behind you and you have to end the beatdown too soon so you can counter the other guy.

Are there any other ways of taking out the bigger guys apart from just doing the beatdown? I find myself saving them to the end of large groups cos it's so frustrating trying to knock them out whilst countering everyone else.

If you counter and then continue the beat down you should be fine. That's what I always do.

What's maxing out my combo meter? When it goes yellow?

Also, is anyone else constantly toying with the camera while in the middle of a fight? Because I can't see if someone is about to attack from behind. It's extremely fustrating to be busy with the camera while I should focus on combat. Am I doing it wrong?

Setsuna

Wait a minute!. . . Am i missing something or is there no 1-100 in this game?

And why cant i play as any random character that obviously have full movesets in any of the Ar challenges

batrush

Will I be lost story-wise if I haven't played the other Arkham games? The positive PS4 version impressions are tempting me to bite.

erawsd

What the hell is wrong with the Catwoman character model? Her eyes and the zipper on her costume are all pixelated/jaggy looking.

Moozo

I dunno who is voice acting Scarecrow, but he's fucking killing it... even when Kevin Conroy as Batman sounds half asleep.

Kevin Conroy sounds bizarre. I didn't play City much but he sounds about 20 years older than he did in Asylum. Or is that the point? Only seems to be some lines... others he sounds fine.

Having played a bit more, cannot BELIEVE some of the Batmobile stuff ever got in to this game.

GavinUK86

How the FUCK is this not a spoiler for the game? You're linking to a huge scene in the game.

Come on dude.

No it isn't.

It's a flashback to a scene that's been openly discussed across the last two games and the last two decades of Batman media; nothing spoilery about it.

Exactly.

Tag that, Gavin. It's a spoiler.

If they didn't show it in trailers consider it a spoiler.

What?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Guys, that's a spoiler. Sure, it's well known in the Batman-verse, but people don't know we actually get to see it in the game. The setup for the scene is pretty great too.

Sayad

Just to make sure, early villain side missions:
Firefly confirm that Origins is canon to the Arkham series, right?

MattyG

Banned
Anyone else having rain come through ceilings occasionally? It happened to me
in the clock tower and at Ace.
NotHong gamebreaking, jut a bit annoying.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Ace Chemicals spoiler! Massive early game spoiler do not click if you don't want to be spoiled.

I fucking nearly had a heart attack when I turned around and Joker was pointing a gun at my head. One of the coolest moments in gaming history for me. Watching my son play this part with his friends about an hour ago damn near brought a tear to my eye when I saw their reaction to that scene. Such a great build up/pay off during that entire mission.

Absolutely fucking love this game so far.

Drayco21

Just to make sure, early villain side missions:
Firefly confirm that Origins is canon to the Arkham series, right?

There's tons of stuff in this game that confirm Origins is canon; the GCPD lock-up has gear from the Origins villains in the evidence room, like Anarky's gear (and thugs talk about Anarky too).

Wensih

So hearing that Batman is gassed by Scarecrow at the beginning of the game and hallucinates throughout, is the Arkham Knight a hallucination? I'm not sure if there's suppose to be a major plot twist or reveal about who the arkham knight actually is or if he is an established character in the world of Batman, but the thought just crossed my mind as a pretty obvious cliche twist if that's what they are going for.

EDIT: nevermind.

Anyone figured out how to get the Riddler trophy on top of the Osamu Tower (it's lit up with neon lights) on Bleake Island? It's in a cage and has the numbers 1665 3171 next to it.

Venom Fox

Banned
Please help me understand what the fuck is going on!

Ace Chemicals the level after spoilers!

I've just done the bit where you meet the Joker,
then I was playing as Gordon but I want to understand when that sequence took place?
Future? Past?
And is the joker a hallucination?
Does the Oracle get shot or kidnapped?

Never been this confused since the Matrix!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This is my first roclsteady batman and I'm not really feeling it. Fucking gorgeous though. Probably the most impressive looking game on x1 IMO. 900p is more than enough ps

Ace Chemicals spoiler! Massive early game spoiler do not click if you don't want to be spoiled.

I fucking nearly had a heart attack when I turned around and Joker was pointing a gun at my head. One of the coolest moments in gaming history for me. Watching my son play this part with his friends about an hour ago damn near brought a tear to my eye when I saw their reaction to that scene. Such a great build up/pay off during that entire mission.

Absolutely fucking love this game so far.

I'm with you man, from that point forward this is a hell of a ride to me, not only the story but the side missions are fantastic too.

Shits getting way too spoilery for me...

abandon-thread-o.gif

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?

then I was playing as Gordon but I want to understand when that sequence took place?
Future? Past?

It definitely takes place in the past, but you wouldn't realize it at first that's for sure. The oracle did get shot and that was a past memory as well because of the toxin batman is under. I believe that actually happened that way in the comics too even down to what the joker was wearing in that scene. The joker is a hallucination for sure because of the fear toxin batman is currently under

Johnohno

Anyone figured out how to get the Riddler trophy on top of the Osamu Tower (it's lit up with neon lights) on Bleake Island? It's in a cage and has the numbers 1665 3171 next to it.

Open the map and you'll see the cursor has coordinates. Go to those numbers.

Hagi

Future? Past?

Well straight after that scene it says "present day" so I can only assume it's in the past. You'll find out more later on.

Joker is a hallucination
Barbara got shot when she was Batgirl

Top Bottom