• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Dubz

Is there any way to turn off the arrows pointing you to the next objective when driving th batmobile? I'd like to turn off objective indications completely if possible

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Didn't even think of that. Thanks.
Took me a while to realize what I had to do as well. Pretty easy once you know what the end goal is.

Oh nice, that's yet to happen for me as far as I know :( Been having to do it the hard way.
Several side missions work like that. The menu will have INTEL appear over the icon when it does. Switch to that active mission and it'll take you there.

meljeff

How does one locate the firemen for the one ongoing challenge?
I know the riddler locations the people are green, cannot figure out the firemen one though.
TIA,
DL

Helicopters flying over Gotham give you heads up on a lot of things too. Listen to what they are saying they clue you in to the locations of lots of things.

Is there a way to run and slide? There's this Riddler item I found but it seems there's no way to get into the room to get it other than a small opening that's too small to crouch under.

Anung

Un Rama
My penguin side mission progress has bugged out. When I get to the Sionis Industry mission I open the shutters I jump in and there are no enemies, I can't interact with anything or grapple out of the building D:

Goddamn it.

Corpekata

Banned
Just had a weird bug in a story mission that has you tracking a van. The van hit some random car in the road and just kinda...kept trying to go through it. The NPC voice acting acted like everything was normal. When they finally shook it off, they reversed for some reason, and then proceeded to hit the Batmobile. Reverse, hit batmobile. Reverse, hit batmobile.

That's some wonderful AI.

Animal

Banned
I am doing the first Riddler challenge and I got all 3 stars but no matter what I do it says "You need to be signed in to Playstation Netowrk to access the Leaderboards.

The problem is I am signed in and everything works except this?1?

GRaider81

Really, really loving the game.

I just love the batman universe in these games and im pretty happy with the gameplay variety.

Shame that there are issues on PC and with dlc/challenge stuff but its probably my goty so far.

I am doing the first Riddler challenge and I got all 3 stars but no matter what I do it says "You need to be signed in to Playstation Netowrk to access the Leaderboards.

Leaderboards are down right now for whatever reason.

I'm really surprised (let's say halfway spoilers just in case)
they kept Hamill's Joker under wraps. Don't think there way any sort of rumours that he'd be back.

Liamc723

Just had a weird bug in a story mission that has you tracking a van. The van hit some random car in the road and just kinda...kept trying to go through it. The NPC voice acting acted like everything was normal. When they finally shook it off, they reversed for some reason, and then proceeded to hit the Batmobile. Reverse, hit batmobile. Reverse, hit batmobile.

That's some wonderful AI.

That happened to me too! It was bizarre.

they kept Hamill's Joker under wraps. Don't think there way any sort of rumours that he'd be back.

Besides the idiotic and typical assumption that
he'd somehow be behind this all and alive, no rumors. It was truly surprising, I loved it.

DrBo42

So glad it was surprising. He's by far my favorite performance in the game. Way darker material for him to work with this time. Loved every interaction with him.

Fury451

Banned
Several side missions work like that. The menu will have INTEL appear over the icon when it does. Switch to that active mission and it'll take you there.
I had no idea, thanks for the tip!

I like how the game doesn't teach you everything, as a lot of it comes natural if you aged the others, but some of the stuff about how the missions work is confusing.

I know a lot of people find it annoying but I absolutely love (major post Ace Chemicals spoiler
the Joker in this game. The way he constantly pops up everywhere messing with Batman is great.

Caode

end-game spoilers

Before I
activate the knightfall protocol, I'm assuming I can just return to the game as normal and do everything else I've left to do after I activate it?

foxtrot3d

Banned
Alright, I think I'm nearing the end and thought I'd post some my impressions so far. Basically, I think it's the worst RS Arkham game. Now, it's not bad by any means it's fucking great, but it's a low point in the series. I think the big problem with me so far as to do with the story and size of the game. I wasn't a big fan of Origins especially when they hyped up how large Gotham City was going to be pre-release. I hate the idea that "bigger is better," AC was the perfect size as it was big enough to allow free form exploring but small enough so that by the end up knew every square inch of the city which was extremely dense and filled with secrets.

In AK, Gotham is probably a bit smaller than Origins but still a bit too big for my taste, a lot of that personal character of the city is lost when it's so big and high with blinding lights everywhere. In AC every district felt unique and reflected the personality of whatever super villain controlled the area. The game does try to compensate this by giving to the Batmobile which does force you at certain points to stay on the ground and thus familiarize yourself with the actual streets of the city more but its not enough.

On the topic of the Batmobile, I do actually like it and once you get an handle on the controls you can quickly become a prop but I think the game relies on it WAY too much. It's basically shoehorned into every damn thing in the game. The fact that the Scarecrow challenges are fucking PS4 exclusive DLC that relies on the Batmobile says a lot. I played one of them and found it incredibly stupid. The whole point people loved those Nightmare missions in Asylum was the weird trippy lead up to the Nightmare and how the levels themselves were cool reflections on the environment and Batman himself. Now, they are nothing more than self-activated Batmobile challenges. Boring.

As for the story itself, without spoiling anything I find it really lacking. I was concerned when they finally opened the game up to Gotham City itself that the story would further lose its focus which was already a minor problem in AC and concerning in Origins, here it really struggles. You basically have so much to do but at the same time have the big bad threat to deal with so that things start to feel really out of place and narrative cohesion is lost. Also, now that I'm near the end I want to bring up to annoying things with the story

MEGA STORY SPOILERS

First, are you fucking serious? Jason Todd is the Arkham Knight/Red Hood. The fucking thing everyone and their mother predicted the very first time the revealed the Arkham Knight? Seriously? That is so lame that I don't have any words to say about it. Second, while I do enjoy the Joker constantly fucking around in Batman's mind I do kinda wish he just stayed "dead," as in not made any appearance at all. I hate that every Batman story has to involve the Joker, leave him out for once jeez.

We'll see how it all ends but the story hasn't been very impressive, I sure wish Paul Dini stayed on for this last one.

So I was just starting to get the hang of the game, controls, etc, (my first Arkham game) and really getting into the story, when in the middle of a tense scene "Please wait while game data is installed" pops up on the screen, with no movement from the countdown timer. I had an Eternal Darkness flashback, where I thought the game was screwing with me, but it appears it wasn't.

I bought and installed the game, updates and all that jazz yesterday... playing for the first time today.

Stuck near the end and it's making me really angry.

where you see batman's dead parents and a seemingly infinite amount of jokers fight you.

I've been killing them for like 20 mins and it's getting stupid.

How do I progress? This is really stupid.

You just outed yourself as a attack spammer. Lol.

DirtyLarry

Same exact thing happened to me. Must be a bug.

Helicopters flying over Gotham give you heads up on a lot of things too. Listen to what they are saying they clue you in to the locations of lots of things.
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Now that I think about it last night it did shine the light on a smaller group of thugs and I just thought it was part of the story itself somehow. Good shit.

Basically listen for conversations when you're near which tips you off, or more reliable look for smaller clusters of thugs. When they're gathered and just kind of hanging around, that's usually where they have a fireman.

Essentially you just trip over them by accident.
Thanks. I tend to just zone out and not pay attention to that chatter, now I know I should probably pay attention. That is pretty great actually. And will also keep my eye out for larger groups.

Thanks again for the replies and help. Much appreciated.

Late game spoilers.

This tank battle is a pretty good example of how to ruin a game. The tank boss toward the end is one of the most tedious encounters I've played in a long time and it's quickly putting me off finishing the game.

HardRojo

Ok GAF, I'm ready.
Just waiting for the patch to download...
MXBOXfH.jpg

Top Bottom