• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

ShutterMunster

Another thing that annoys me: The Batmobile controls. WHAT THE FUCK? We've been playing racing games with triggers for how long now? 15 years? Why in the world would you take break off the left trigger? Why would you not give players the option to change that?

The Tank toggle should be the square button and it should be just that, a toggle. You shouldn't have to hold it down to engage in that mode. Do correct me if there's a way to do this, but I looked last night and definitely didn't see one.

Drayco21

Another thing that annoys me: The Batmobile controls. WHAT THE FUCK? We've been playing racing games with triggers for how long now? 15 years? Why in the world would you take break off the left trigger? Why would you not give players the option to change that?

The Tank toggle should be the square button and it should be just that, a toggle. You shouldn't have to hold it down to engage in that mode. Do correct me if there's a way to do this, but I looked last night and definitely didn't see one.

Go to Game Options after the first Batmobile section; you can change it so accelerate is on one trigger, and brake is on the other. Tank toggle is on R1.

M.W.

It's under game options and appears after the first riddler puzzle, I think?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?

You can actually change it, you have to change it to toggle tank mode in game options. LT becomes your break and you press R1 to toggle tank mode.

I played through the Harley Story and I liked it. Hey style is different (obviously) and it takes a little getting used to. The banter with
Penguin
is funny and hearing
Harleen talking to her as the voice in her head
a couple times is a nice touch.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but is playing the previous games required or strongly encouraged? I've played most of Asylum, but haven't gotten into City very far.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Sorry if this has been answered before, but is playing the previous games required or strongly encouraged? I've played most of Asylum, but haven't gotten into City very far.

I would say its definitely required, but if you ain't got the time, hit up YouTube and watch a story recap.

I never played Origins though, so I don't really know if that is required to know what happened in that game.

City is pretty important honestly. I mean they explain what happens but I think it adds a lot more to the game to play through it first.

Naar

right on dpad

ah that? Yea i know about it and i did it many times but the marker wont show up

I have to follow the van, but it doesnt show on map anymore :(

Can someone at least tell me which part of the map i have to be in and maybe i get lucky and see the van?

Here is my previous post

Anyone can help? I found this walkthrough, which is exactly where i am at

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-4012?page=17

But since i died, the van wont pop up for me anymore :(

So either i try going to the place where the van was or the hideout and hope i trigger a cutscene

Only thing is i dont know where either of those 2 locations are on the map :(

jbug617

Banned
Just got to the
Stagg Airship
. The tank fights are not bad but I don't think it was necessary for the game.
Also they sort like to do the jump scare thing a lot it seems during the game.

Temidien

Neo Member
Sorry if this has already been answered (too afraid of spoilers to lurk through previous discussions), but what's the general opinion of the Red Hood DLC? Worth playing right away or is it the kind of thing that can wait to be picked up later in a GOTY or season pass situation?

GameStop is being awful about getting my preorder to me timely, I'm considering just purchasing from the PSN store.

Venom Fox

Banned
It definitely takes place in the past, but you wouldn't realize it at first that's for sure. The oracle did get shot and that was a past memory as well because of the toxin batman is under. I believe that actually happened that way in the comics too even down to what the joker was wearing in that scene. The joker is a hallucination for sure because of the fear toxin batman is currently under

Open the map and you'll see the cursor has coordinates. Go to those numbers.
NeoGaf to the rescue!

Thanks guys, I'm playing with my brother and because we were talking and playing I lost the gist of what was going on and I got completely lost on the current plot.

Thanks again guys!

Drayco21

Sorry if this has already been answered (too afraid of spoilers to lurk through previous discussions), but what's the general opinion of the Red Hood DLC? Worth playing right away or is it the kind of thing that can wait to be picked up later in a GOTY or season pass situation?

GameStop is being awful about getting my preorder to me timely, I'm considering just purchasing from the PSN store.

It's two combat encounters and one predator encounter with almost no story, very little dialogue or connection to the main game, and there doesn't seem to be a way to play as Jason in any more meaningful challenge room content. As a free bonus, it's just okay, but I wouldn't pay separately for it; much less hinge a purchase of the game on it.

ShutterMunster

Go to Game Options after the first Batmobile section; you can change it so accelerate is on one trigger, and brake is on the other. Tank toggle is on R1.

It's under game options and appears after the first riddler puzzle, I think?

You can actually change it, you have to change it to toggle tank mode in game options. LT becomes your break and you press R1 to toggle tank mode.

Gaf to the rescue! Apologies to anyone at Rocksteady who may be reading this. Though it still mind blowing the game doesn't ship like this.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Gaf to the rescue! Apologies to anyone at Rocksteady who may be reading this. Though it still mind blowing the game doesn't ship like this.
I'm baffled by why it wasn't default. The toggle and change to button layout make the game much more enjoyable in the vehicle sections.

Maybe I've just been lucky but this game hard froze my ps4, first time any game has done that.

My initial impressions aren't very good for several reasons. I hope it gets better.

Fury451

Banned
City is pretty important honestly. I mean they explain what happens but I think it adds a lot more to the game to play through it first.

It's essential honestly. Yeah, you can play this on it's own technically, but this is a direct extension of City, and most of the events in this aren't going to have the same impact without playing that first.

I wouldn't even recommend playing Harleys DLC from this game lol

Absolutely terrible.

It was short and pointless from a story aspect, but her special abilities are really neat. Shame they're barely used at all.

Prototype

Stuck near the end and it's making me really angry.

where you see batman's dead parents and a seemingly infinite amount of jokers fight you.

I've been killing them for like 20 mins and it's getting stupid.

How do I progress? This is really stupid.

Marc

Honestly not enjoying the game so far, the Batmobile stuff drags the entire game down and the constant side characters popping up every 5 seconds is getting old. And ok so you're hard for the Batmobile, at least make it good. Play a racing game, then play with this... thing and its just a horrible attempt. To then use it as the answer to every other question asked of batman is just getting silly. Batman needs to find the bad guy? Use the car. Need to find your TV remote? Use the car. By far the worst of the series so far IMO, hopefully picks up a bit soon.

One thing I am enjoying is
Hamills
performance, look forward to him popping up.

Looks amazing though.

AHA-Lambda

This is more of a general story question but I'll spoiler it anyway, I'm about half wayish I thin through the story now, does
Harley appear at all in this? She's never mentioned apart from some thug chatter o_O

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Anyone check the answering machine
at Wayne tower?

Never imagined Bruce's cousin Kate Kane actually exists in this universe. Wish they would of allowed her to be a playable ally.

Alchemy

This is the first game ever to make me feel like I gotta throw up from motion sickness, happened when I had to
tilt the airships for some sliding block
puzzle stuff. Had to stop playing, and now I'm going to lay down. This is some gnarly shit.

Also the Batmobile combat is boring as fuck. *drops a smoke pellet*

Liamc723

I put some more time into the game since I last posted, and the game's story has got a little more interesting. Everything else is just pretty boring though. I'm looking forward to getting the majority of my money back from trade-in honestly.

What a complete mess this game has been, what with the PC version and many people's disappointment. Thankfully it's the last game in the series.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
auPxdSI.png

ShutterMunster

That's because later on in the game, it makes much more sense to be able to quickly go in and out of tank mode.

I reckon that's easier to do with a tap of R1 than holding the left trigger when my brain is wired to that being a break button. I've already gotten into tons of tank battles. I've taken on 5-10 of them at once with helicopters, I don't know how much more obnoxious that stuff can get.

Depends on the fps.

LOL, okay that was funny.

Future

Man there is a lot of bat mobile the first third of this game or so. Feels like it tapers off a bit and back to more classic batman. I actually don't mind the bat mobile... It's just that the pacing of every mission including a bunch of side stuff kinda over uses it. It's like it's paced as if you just stopped playing Arkham city and they want to shove the new mechanic in your face

DirtyLarry

How does one locate the firemen for the one ongoing challenge?
I know the riddler locations the people are green, cannot figure out the firemen one though.
TIA,
DL

Stuck near the end and it's making me really angry.

where you see batman's dead parents and a seemingly infinite amount of jokers fight you.

I've been killing them for like 20 mins and it's getting stupid.

How do I progress? This is really stupid.

Are you using the special attack that pops up?

The final
Riddler challenge
has me completely dumbfounded.
Been rotating these damn blocks for 30 minutes and feel no closer to figuring it out.

Fury451

Banned
How does one locate the firemen for the one ongoing challenge?
I know the riddler locations the people are green, cannot figure out the firemen one though.
TIA,
DL

Basically listen for conversations when you're near which tips you off, or more reliable look for smaller clusters of thugs. When they're gathered and just kind of hanging around, that's usually where they have a fireman.

Essentially you just trip over them by accident.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Basically listen for conversations when you're near which tips you off, or more reliable look for smaller clusters of thugs. When they're gathered and just kind of hanging around, that's usually where they have a fireman.

Essentially you just trip over them by accident.
Every now and then Alfred will get intel updates on them too.

Top Bottom