• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Man I really hate the batmobile sections now, just hearing what sounds like a batmobile section made me turn off the game for the night and it was right after a really cool part that I think is about three quarters of the way through the main story.
I just locked up Robin

KlotePino

Is there a trophy/achievement for beating the game on Hard? I was just wondering what a good trophy strategy might be if I wanna get a platinum seeing as you have to collect and do a bunch of stuff which might be harder on higher difficulty. So maybe beating the game on Hard and then getting all the side-stuff on normal later is better? I haven't really gotten a feel for the difficulty on Hard yet so maybe it's all just a walk in the park.

So I was just flying around Gotham city minding my own business and just had the biggest jump scare of my life......... Are you fucking kidding me RockSteady?

I hope other people know what I am talking about.

Animator

So I was just flying around Gotham city minding my own business and just had the biggest jump scare of my life......... Are you fucking kidding me RockSteady?

I know exactly what you are talking about. I shat my pants when that happened.

Is there a trophy/achievement for beating the game on Hard? I was just wondering what a good trophy strategy might be if I wanna get a platinum seeing as you have to collect and do a bunch of stuff which might be harder on higher difficulty. So maybe beating the game on Hard and then getting all the side-stuff on normal later is better? I haven't really gotten a feel for the difficulty on Hard yet so maybe it's all just a walk in the park.

There's no difficulty trophy, but there's one for beating New Game+, I believe.

Scared the absolute shit out of me.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I think I had this happen, but it was at a bad time as I was going in and out of detective vision while flying and saw it ahead of time.

DrBo42

We all know or will know. Was pretty brutal, especially with headphones on.

Downhome

Well, here I am almost 24 hours later and I still can't play the game (PS4).

I finally got it to start last night, downloaded and installed update, and played for a few minutes. I got to a part where I was taking "someone" to a location at the start of the game, and when I got to the door it wouldn't open, and said that I had to wait for the game to finish installing.

Well, I left it going last night, tried today, and I got the same thing. I played around the city for a while, went back, and still nothing. I decided to delete it and start over, thinking it got stuck. Well, now I'm back to updating the file and now it's saying I have 7 hours left, and I can't play the game at all anymore because my save file, what little there was, was from an updated version of the game so I can't do anything until this update download is completed.

After that, I still wont be able to do anything at all until the install is complete!!!

I have never, ever, had such a nightmare trying to get a game to get up and running on my PS4. This is beyond ridiculous.

Just got the
power winch
and couldn't stop myself from screaming
"HE'S FLYING ON ROOFTOPS!!!"
over and over.

Not sure if I needed to spoiler all that, but just in case.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Luckily, I was half paying attention to something else when "The Jump Scare" happen

They actually got me with the dumbest one.
Right after the ACE factory where you switch to Gordon, Batman scared the hell out of me.

Joker ain't shit.

JohngPR

So what's the consensus on the Batmobile? I for on am enjoying it quite a bit so far. It can be a little clunky at first but it's a lot of fun once you get a hang of how it handles.

Does anyone have any extra DLC preorder codes for the PS4 version? I had bought the broken PC version so I'm stuck not having any of the Scarecrow/Batman Skin/Red Hood/Harley pre-order stuff. I ended up purchasing the game with a $50 PSN gift card that was given to me on fathers day.

I figure it's a long shot but I've given away codes here before.

So what's the consensus on the Batmobile, I for on am enjoying it quite a bit so far. It can be a little clunky at first but it's a lot of fun once you get a hang of how it handles.

I think the Batmobile itself is fine but pretty much everything you're required to do with it is boring and tedious.

DrBo42

I think the Batmobile itself is fine but pretty much everything you're required to do with it is boring and tedious.

I'm so glad people are echoing what I've been saying since before release. There were some 100% positive people that made me feel like I was insane for having problems with it. The 10/10 GOTY people I cannot understand.

So what's the consensus on the Batmobile? I for on am enjoying it quite a bit so far. It can be a little clunky at first but it's a lot of fun once you get a hang of how it handles.

Does anyone have any extra DLC preorder codes for the PS4 version? I had bought the broken PC version so I'm stuck not having any of the Scarecrow/Batman Skin/Red Hood/Harley pre-order stuff. I ended up purchasing the game with a $50 PSN gift card that was given to me on fathers day.

I love it. It also compliments the other key pillars of the franchise. They could of easily just made another game and with a couple expanded mechanics like Arkham Origins. They instead made everything feel refreshing.

I'm so glad people are echoing what I've been saying since before release. There were some 100% positive people that made me feel like I was insane for having problems with it. The 10/10 GOTY people I cannot understand.

I can't understand people that just wanted more of the same. Though, I will say that I'm not the 10/10 crowd. I definitely have problems with the story. And how they handled the PC version of the game and all the DLC shit. But mechanically, I think it is the best of the series.

Driving around in the Batmobile is fun. The tank sections are repetitive and pretty tedious so far. I'm hoping unlocking all of the upgrades will help remedy that, but I'm not counting on it.

There is too much Batmobile stuff in general. I feel like every story mission has included it somehow and about half of the side missions so far involve the Batmobile somehow.

komorebi

I sort of agree. I actually really love the Batmobile, the combat, even the busywork you're expected to do. I keep thinking that without it this game would have been Arkham City 2, not necessarily a bad thing but definitely not as fresh. I may grow to hate it though, I'm only a few hours in.

KorrZ

Finally just got a chance to play the game a bit tonight. Honestly the batmobile was my biggest concern with the game but so far I'm enjoying it. It controls well and just feels good in general. Graphics are great on PS4 as well.

DrBo42

I can't understand people that just wanted more of the same. Though, I will say that I'm not the 10/10 crowd. I definitely have problems with the story. And how they handled the PC version of the game and all the DLC shit. But mechanically, I think it is the best of the series.

There's a pretty big difference between wanting more of the same and wanting the batmobile inclusion to be meaningful and well done in all aspects. Dude, what?

The neon lighting in this game is up there with Infamous and the in game models are incredible. Best looking game by far this gen IMO. The fact that it is constantly raining and maintains a steady framerate is also impressive.

Animal

Banned
I am having a lot of trouble doing long combo chains in melee fights.

Whenever they come at me with the green lightning bolts icon on their heads, I use Triangle on them, then I knock 'em a little with Square and I move on to the next.

Can't get more than 13 hit combo :(

What am I doing wrong gaf?

Whenever they come at me with the green lightning bolts icon on their heads, I use Triangle on them, then I knock 'em a little with Square and I move on to the next.

I feel like countering tends to end my combo. Don't counter so much.

Would have been 100% better if it dropped Tank mode drone battles.
Just give me the Batmobile from Asylum as an option.

There's a pretty big difference between wanting more of the same and wanting the batmobile inclusion to be meaningful and well done in all aspects. Dude, what?

Yeah....I think it is. DUDE.

Just my opinion though. I understand you don't dig it.

Upload a vid. You might just be too quick on the buttons. The combat have more of a rhythm to it.

kyser73

So despite my enormo backlog of enormo games like ACU & TW3, I just bought this from PSN and it's downloading to my PS4 now.

Top Bottom