• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

question regarding the near end of the riddler's questline

do I seriously need to get every trophy? I mean all 200+? If so then fuck the guy who though that would be fun.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
question regarding the near end of the riddler's questline

do I seriously need to get every trophy? I mean all 200+? If so then fuck the guy who though that would be fun.
I had the same reaction as Catwoman. "We could just leave him down there. Bye, Eddie."

I'm going strictly through the story. I'm up to the part where you
team up with robin
. About how many more hours do I have left?

Loving the game thus far.

Anung

Un Rama
The APC chases were a highlight for me. Wish there was more. The slow mo as a car gets launched into the air, driving under the sparks, so awesome.

They could have done some really interesting stuff. Like chasing Two-face as he tries to escape or something. Considering how cool the batmobile is the stuff they made for you to do in it for the most part isn't great :(

vmartin

Neo Member
For gods sake somebody help me.. I've played through this portion multiple times. I am clueless on what to do.

I've turned myself in to scarecrow. Riding in the back of the box truck. It crashes, I see the parents dead in the alley. Joker appears... Now I'm fighting an endless wave of Jokers like Neo vs Mr. Smith.. and it just keeps going. Where do I go from here? I'm starting to think my game is bugged..
Halp.

Fucking LOOOOOOL favorite part of the game so far.
Movie theater taking down charisma and Joker is singing...LOL

The entire Panessa studios part of the game was really done well. Being able to
finally have Batman & Robin working together in the series, and being able to switch between them them was great.

And the aforementioned
singing
sequence felt like something that could have been in Batman: The Animated Series. In fact, I'm almost sure it did happen in TAS, though different characters may have been involved.

Alienous

For gods sake somebody help me.. I've played through this portion multiple times. I am clueless on what to do.

I've turned myself in to scarecrow. Riding in the back of the box truck. It crashes, I see the parents dead in the alley. Joker appears... Now I'm fighting an endless wave of Jokers like Neo vs Mr. Smith.. and it just keeps going. Where do I go from here? I'm starting to think my game is bugged..
Halp.

Don't worry. Make sure you use the Circle + Triangle takedown when possible.

I'm going strictly through the story. I'm up to the part where you
team up with robin
. About how many more hours do I have left?

Loving the game thus far.

Closer to the end than to the beginning. In terms of hours I'm struggling to think, but I'd go with around 3-4 hours, but I'm not sure. There's a sizeable chunk left.

I'm really hard up for some good games and this looks awesome. I did play a little bit of Arkham Asylum a few years ago and even though it was a good game I only got through about 2 hours of it.

Do I need to play Arkham Asylum or Arkham City first before playing Knight? I would much rather just play Arkham Knight. Is there anything in the game that tells the backstory of the other games?

Thanks guys!

If some criminal was like looking over Batman's shoulder when he talks to his friends, they'd know he talks to Bruce Wayne's butler, Bruce Wayne's engineer, and Commish Gordon's daughter. Hmm.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I like that the alert for a call on his phone thing, it's the same noise that a beeping bomb would make.

This tank stealth section after the tank battle in the churchyard is the absolute worst. For every fun, enjoyable part of the game, there's another three shitty tank sections.

I like driving around in the Batmobile, but the tank combat and stealth (Stealth! In a fucking car. Whose idea was that?) bring down the game on so many levels. I can't see myself doing more than one playthrough of this game, to be honest.

If some criminal was like looking over Batman's shoulder when he talks to his friends, they'd know he talks to Bruce Wayne's butler, Bruce Wayne's engineer, and Commish Gordon's daughter. Hmm.
next time he uses the screen to talk look at his eyes, I'm sure it's a hologram for him only.

Alienous

This tank stealth section after the tank battle in the churchyard is the absolute worst. For every fun, enjoyable part of the game, there's another three shitty tank sections.

I like driving around in the Batmobile, but the tank combat and stealth (Stealth! In a fucking car. Whose idea was that?) bring down the game on so many levels. I can't see myself doing more than one playthrough of this game, to be honest.

It really drained a lot of the good will I had for the game.

I was enamoured with it for the first two hours, and I really started enjoying it again at the end, but the frequency of the tank in the middle sections coupled with a few other things really started taking away from the experience.

It went so quickly from "This is so awesome" to "...I wonder what its trade-in value is", and I haven't had that reaction with any of the other games in the series.

Cubed

It really drained a lot of the good will I had for the game.

I was enamoured with it for the first two hours, and I really started enjoying it again at the end, but the frequency of the tank in the middle sections coupled with a few other things really started taking away from the experience.

It went so quickly from "This is so awesome" to "...I wonder what its trade-in value is", and I haven't had that reaction with any of the other games in the series.

Pretty much the same here.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I actually thought it was pretty cool that they found a way to put predator stuff in a fucking tank LOL

RPGCrazied

Not really, but most of them have audio cues or radio chatter, so just explore Gotham and you'll come across more.

Oh okay, kinda annoying on the dead bodies one, trying to find the next with just opera music and getting lost.

I did manage to complete
Two Face
, that was easy.

So early game spoilers, but when you're in the chemical plant and
the Arkham Knight and his dudes ambush you when you try to rescue the other dude, why don't you use your tank to shoot them. Like all of them. It's right there!

Prototype

About the batmobile, possible spoiler?

Is there a way to get the black one back after it gets destroyed? Not digging the white paint scheme as much.

Shaanyboi

Banned
the Arkham Knight and his dudes ambush you when you try to rescue the other dude, why don't you use your tank to shoot them. Like all of them. It's right there!
...that's totally what happens. Or atleast it was for me.

Drayco21

That's exactly what I did. Is there a way to complete the sequence without doing it that way?

Is anyone playing on PC using mouse and keyboard able to do the special combo versions of the quickfire gadgets (the ones where you have to hold the quickfire command down)? When I hold down the key for any of them it just does the normal quickfire as if I'd just tapped the key instead.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think I'm about halfway through the story now(based on percentage anyway).

I liked
the Zepplin area as I felt like I was finally getting a lot more predator gameplay and the batmobile didn't show up at all. I always loved the more 'dungeony' parts of these games.

That said I've been liking the batmobile more than I expected, but I do think they did far too much with it. So much pure combat in them when that feels like the weakest aspect, I do enjoy the side missions where you chase down enemies as you tear through the city immobilizing them, but that feels less frequent compared to how often you just dodge back and forth fighting a bunch of drones. And the stealth tank things are...bleh.

Above all else the presentation in this game is fucking nuts. The camera work, visual trickery, etc. that is constantly happening is incredibly well done.

Where are the challenge rooms? Are they replaced by ar challenges?

Yes. Which sucks, there's not really that many of the pure combat/predator ones.

Alienous

I think I'm about halfway through the story now(based on percentage anyway).

I liked
the Zepplin area as I felt like I was finally getting a lot more predator gameplay and the batmobile didn't show up at all. I always loved the more 'dungeony' parts of these games.

That said I've been liking the batmobile more than I expected, but I do think they did far too much with it. So much pure combat in them when that feels like the weakest aspect, I do enjoy the side missions where you chase down enemies as you tear through the city immobilizing them, but that feels less frequent compared to how often you just dodge back and forth fighting a bunch of drones. And the stealth tank things are...bleh.

Above all else the presentation in this game is fucking nuts. The camera work, visual trickery, etc. that is constantly happening is incredibly well done.

RPQif2R.gif

Drayco21

Where are the challenge rooms? Are they replaced by ar challenges?

Yes; there's AR challenges that are effectively just Predator and Combat room challenges from the last games that serve that purpose now; there's just less of them and there's not as much variety.

Probably so they can charge us for them as DLC; this is a modern WB game after all.

Every time I find one of the vents you can grapnel into....5 minutes wasted going in and out. The camerawork in this game is so far past anything I've seen in games in real time. In an open-world game on top of that. ON UNREAL ENGINE 3

I thought that too at first but I believe hes the only one who can see the hologram cause his eyes go completely white when he uses it.

RPGCrazied

Did anyone else get a jump scare from
man bat?
I was already on the run from some tanks, but soon as I got to the edge of the building this happened. I jumped big time. lol

Top Bottom